- Text Size +

Disclaimer:This author does not intend to infringe on anyone's copyright. The original characters are his own; the other characters, if any, belong to their originators. 

Characters:

Deirdre is both the Queen of the Kingdom of Connalk and one of the kingdom’s tallest women at 6’ tall. Her formal dress is a dark green velvet dress with emeralds embroidered into the fabric. Two emeralds are embroidered into the corner of each of the wrists of her dress, plus an emerald on the each side of the sleeves hanging from her wrist. While these emeralds are small, bigger emeralds are embroidered along the neckline and hem of her dress. She has long black hair and black eyes.

Ena is a tall woman, about 5' 7''. Her formal clothes is an orange velvet dress with knots, spirals and intricate key patterns woven into the sleeves hanging from her wrist and along the neckline and hem of her dress with silver threads. She had fire-colored hair and grayish blue eyes.

Gale is taller than Ena at about 5’ 9”. Her formal clothes is a red velvet dress with knots, spirals and intricate key patterns woven into the sleeves hanging from her wrist and along the neckline and hem of her dress with gold threads. She had red hair and green eyes.

Kendall is a peasant militiaman captured by the raiders of the Army of Connalk. He’ll take risks but only after thinking through on what to do next. He has spent all his time in his home village in the Valley of Thogmond. His parents and most of his relatives from their generation have died from a combination of old age, malnutrition and overwork like many of their fellow peasants. His younger relatives have fled from his home village due to the successes of the Queen of Connalk. He himself is 20 years old and cannot afford a wife, even if he had a lover—which he does not because he is somewhat shy and unassuming.

Prologue: For years the rival kingdoms of Connalk and Mektlacaugh have fought over the disputed Valley of Thogmond. Both kingdoms have raided each other's villages in the region, capturing cattle, gold and slaves. The Queen of Connalk is winning a string of victories through employing a coven of witches to supplement her army. In one of her army's successful raids, the peasant militiaman Kendall was captured and handed over to the sorceress Ena as a slave. Ena slipped an experimental potion into her new slave's beer mug, shrinking him to the size of an imp. Now the unfortunate Kendall hopes that Ena's colleague Gale will save him before he dies due to one of Ena's twisted games!

When adding to the story, don't have Kendall restored to his normal size or killed, at least for eight chapters. Even if Gale saves him, it will take time to find an antidote to Ena's experimental potion! Also if Gale restores Kendall's size, there is still the issue of whether Kendall can be released seeing as he is a captured soldier.

Chapter 1: In the dark and damp dungeon of the castle of Algmond, the prisoners captured by the forces of Connalk awaited their fate. One by one, the prisoners were taken away by the guards and taken to their new owners to serve as slaves. After two long days, it was Kendall's turn.

Hoping that his master would be merciful, Kendall muttered a prayer to the gods as the guards took him away. He went up the stairs of the dungeon into the courtyard where he met a tall woman, about 5' 7'', in an orange velvet dress with knots, spirals and intricate key patterns woven into the sleeves hanging from her wrist and along the neckline and hem of her dress with silver threads. She had fire-colored hair and grayish blue eyes. The guards said, "You have been assigned to her. She is your new mistress," and then left.

"Come with me," she said softly. Walking behind her, you entered into her study. Then she pointed to an alcove, with a chair and a plate of beef stew and a mug of beer set on a small table.

"I've set aside some of my leftovers for you to eat. I hope you enjoy them!" she exclaimed.

Happy that he had found a kind mistress, Kendall went into the alcove to eat and drink. The stew and the mug of beer were deeply satisfying after the stale bread and filthy water served in the dungeon. After he ate, he arose with satisfication, from having a good meal. Then he began to feel dizzy. Then the sensation of shrinking began as he shrank to the size of an imp.

"Help me, I've been bewitched!" shouted the unfortunate Kendall. Yet his mistress merely grinned as she approached him. "The experimental potion worked!" crowed Ena. Bending down she picked up the shrunken Kendall.

As she held him in her fist, Ena continued, "You know there is so much fun I can have with you, little man. I can show you off to my friends as a pet, lock you up and take out my bad moods on you and play games with you. If you bore me, I can squish you like a bug or feed you to one of this castle's attack dogs!"

Just then, a woman in a red velvet dress with knots, spirals and intricate key patterns woven into the sleeves hanging from her wrist and along the neckline and hem of her dress with gold threads entered the study. She had red hair and green eyes.

"Hello, Gale, how are you doing?" asked Kendall's captress.

"Rather well," Gale replied, "How did you get that imp in your hand?"

Kendall shouted, "I was a normal-sized man until this crazy woman shrank me. Help me!"

Gale's eyebrow arose. "You shrank him?"

"Yes," said Ena, as she explained how she did it.

"Guess what!" Gale exclaimed with an impish--almost evil--look in her eyes. "We can have fun with this little guy!"

"No doubt about it," replied Ena. "This little rugrat can prove to be very entertaining what would you like to do for starters?"

Kendall didn't like the way that this conversation was heading.

Gale giggled and replied, "I propose that we strip him down to his birthday suit."

The witches stripped Kendall of his clothes, set him on the table and admired his features.

"Rugrat, do a little dance," commanded Ena.

"Ena, he's adorable!" exclaimed Gale.

"I told you he could be entertaining," Ena said. "Let's show to our friends!"