- Text Size +

Chapter 1 - The dinner


“Drink! Drink! Drink!” Cheered by his friends.

Mike slurped drunkenly after drinking the whole jar of beer.  He raised victoriously the empty jar to the air as the group cheered and laughed. All but Sarah.

The whole group was having fun in the bar that used to be their second home. They all met in their first year of university and got together twice a year to remember the good old times. The bar wasn´t fancy, with a certain fragrance of cheap booze and wet wood.

Not that Mike could expend much more on a night out. Many of his former university colleagues had good jobs now. However, he jumped from one job to another. He wasn't good at studying back then and he wasn't good at working nowadays. He was good at partying though, he used to be the party center back then and these sporadic occasions made him remember the best version of his old self.

He still looked good and muscular, but it wasn't so easy to meet girls in his early thirties as it was in college. He had little to offer besides his looks, which wasn’t as appealing as a stable job and a few zeros in the bank account these days. That is why he thought that maybe today he could try something with his ex girlfriend, Sarah.

In front of him, her brunette ex girlfriend drank from her gintonic from a straw that merged with her red full lips. Sarah hadn’t spoken to him yet, even though she caught him glimpsing at her rack. Four years had passed since Mike fucked the hell out of her for the last time, but her breasts seemed as perky as always.

“So Sarah, how have you been?” She turned her head towards Mike, doing very little to hide her indifference towards him. 


“Good.” She answered rather dryly, turning her head again to the other conversation on her left.

“Years have been kind to you, looking as hot as always, huh?” God, he sounded desperate.

His charming skills were quite rusted and the alcohol wasn't helping. Sarah turned her head back to him as she rolled her eyes.

“Look Mike don't even try it, okay? I'm not in my college years anymore. I can't allow myself to waste my best years with such a low quality man like you. What are you making, 25?30 thousand a year?” She grinned

“I-I wouldn't know” He answered

“You don't know how much you make a year?” She smiled incredulously.

“Well, I know that in my previous job I was making 26 thousand, but now that I'm unemployed…”

She laughed, almost spilling her drink all over her, a sight that Mike would have enjoyed. At least he would have gotten something out of this humiliation. “Good god! How can you be unemployed these days! Everyone´s got a job.” Sara teased him “I should have seen it back then that you were nothing more than a hot macho man.”

Sick of it Mike stormed out to smoke a cigarette. Out in the fresh of the night he cursed Sarah over and over. Ever since she swapped degrees from business management to woman studies she had become so meaner. She never admitted it, but he suspected that was the main reason why she left him. Of course, the fact that he was always chatting and staring at other girls had something to do too.

Right when he was going back inside, Mike saw Sarah going out of the bar.

“I´m going home and I wanted to tell you I was too mean back there.” Mike couldn´t remember a single time that Sarah had apologized before. “I was enjoying myself a bit, since we didn't end on very good terms. The fact that you were always trying to nail other girls while you were with me” She paused to breath, definitely still angry about that “wasn't the nicest thing to do on your side”

Mike wasn't entirely sure that was an honest apology, but why would she apologize if she didn't mean to?

“No worries, I was a dustch back then” He said sympathetically

“Anyhow, I remember you used to box back in college” Sarah gave him a contact card “I know there is a place where a girl fights every Friday with any man that challenges her. The prize is 10 thousand. I remember you used to brag about how men were superior to women regardless of whatever bullshit my degree argued about it. But before I give you the card, you don't remember what happens tomorrow right?”

He chuckled “You know I´m very bad at dates”

“You haven't changed a bit. '' She handed him the card. He was fairly unsure that such a good deal could exist.


“This is kind of an underground thing, so don't tell anybody besides me if you go. That´s a match I would enjoy very much. Goodbye Mike” She winked at him and left knowing that he would be staring at her ass as she left in the night.

Interesting