- Text Size +

 

 

  

 Belly Full of Raiders

By: Drew Nightsin

    

One

In the early morning as dawn rose over Ven-ul: the most northern city-state on the grass lands of Tear Island; one of the many islands on Garglos. A ship holding 12 men landed on the shore. Some were naked, some only wore linen armor, but only one was dress in bronze. Theron was his name and he was the leader of these rough and crazed humans. As the ship landed on that sandy shore he stood up, pulled out his sword, and raced towards Ven-ul and his men followed him. They came upon Ven-ul: the peaceful city-state of scorpion-men; a race that has the upper body of a human and from the waist down the body of a black Scorpion, with blades and axes fixed on mothers and children.

The warriors of the city-state rushed to fight off the raiders. They came at the raiders with their twin bronze blades and twin bronze axes. However, they were no match for the battle lusting raiders. The raiders cut the Scorpion-men down with the utmost ease. Soon there was only one Warrior left trying to fight the crazed raiders off: the young war maiden Adah.

Using her stinger and her blades she kept some of the raiders at bay. However, there were too many of them and they closed in on her. She franticly went around in circles trying to break free. Then afew of the raiders rushed her right side. With a roar Adah tipped over on to her back. Then the raiders soon covered her in a thick razor wire net.

With no one left to contest them they broke open the gates of Ven-ul. They went house to house; taking anything they want. They ravaged the Scorpion-women and killed their children. They then impaled the bodies of the dead warriors all around the city. After the raiders had their fill of gore they started to load their ship with loot.

They took sliver, they took gold, and they even took leather on to their ship with glee. Then they dragged Adah; razor wire net and all, on to the ship. When they felt that they had all they wanted; they shot flaming arrows at the wooden buildings of the city. The city-state soon exploded into flames and the raiders watched in joy as the saviors ran from the fires. Then the ship then set sail as the clear blue sea water mixed with the dark blood of the Scorpion-men.

Adah could only laid on the deck of the ship. Her heart filled with rage as the ship headed south. The ship kept close to the shore as the ship traveled. It was not long till they found a cave near the shoreline. Theron order his men to land on the beach near the cave.

Once the ship was on the sandy beach the raiders disembarked; caring Adah with them. The raiders entered the massive cave. Even Adah was surprised by its size of the cave. Yet, what they found in the cave was even more shocking; massive jars and stone work. The raiders set their plunder (including Adah) down on the floor of the cave and went to the giant jars and jugs.

They opened the jars jugs were filled with giant monster fish, massive grapes, and large amounts of wine and honey. The raiders started a fire in the massive fire pit in the cave. They then cooked and wolf down the giant fish that were in the jars. As they ate they eyed the beautiful Adah with lustful intentions. In the net Adah knew what would be next after their meal.

Two

In the early morning on the Tear Island Zeva was walking towards Ven-ul. She had promised her friend Adah that she would visit her at the city-state. As Zeva came closer to Ven-ul she saw the smoke that floated above Ven-ul; she quicken her pace as she feared the worse. Then to her horror she saw the impaled bodies of warriors she had fought with and knew around the city. She readied her spear as she ran towards the city; hoping that it was too late.

Zeva stopped at the wall that only came to waist. She stood there in shock as she saw the bodies of mothers and children laying in the streets. "Is there anyone still alive?" Zeva screamed as she stepped over the wall to try to find any survivors. No sooner that she stepped into Ven-ul then she heard a voice. "Brave Zeva, yes there are those still alive over here" the voice seemed a bit far but she knew who it was and from where. The 45ft she-giant then ran towards the Ven-ul citadel. As she reached the little Citadel where Zeva found Chiram, the king of Ven-ul, and what was left of his people.

They were sitting on the steps of the citadel. Their clothes soaked in blood. The wounded were caring for the dying. However, many were holding each other as they cried or screamed. Zeva kneeled down at steps as she became over whelmed by the sight. Zeva then regain her nerve and looked at Chiram "Who did this?" Zeva   asked.

Chiram roared in rage "Raiders, they have been attacking the coast city-states. It was just are day to suffer". Zeva then looked around "Where is Adah?" Zeva asked. Chiram just shook his head and yelled "They took her; they took my only daughter away!" Zeva then stood up and asked "Where did they head off to?" Chiram only smiled and said "South" as he pointed to the southern coast. Zeva then turned and head off after the raiders.

Three

The raiders in the cave started to become restless. The raiders had filled themselves with fish and wine and now they wanted something to fill their lusts. The trapped Adah could only watch as they now walked toward her. She desperately fought with the razor wire net; trying to free herself. Yet, it was to no avail as the raiders only started to laugh at her attempts for freedom.

As they were closing in on her their laughter was cut short by a sound. The sound they heard was of war drums that were coming closer and closer towards the cave. The raiders only looked at each other as the ground started to shake. To the raider's horror they could see the olive oil skin and bronze armor of an Archalossus. Adah was overjoyed when Zeva stuck her head into the cave.

The raiders just stood there in terror as the 45ft Zeva walked into the cave and tower before them. Zeva looked around at the drunk and well fed men in the cave. Then Zeva saw the booty the raiders carried off from Ven-ul. However, it was the sight of Adah helpless in the razor wire net which enraged Zeva. "How dare you" screamed Zeva as she walked into the cave.

The raiders ran to the back of the cave as Zeva checked on Adah. Zeva bent down "are you ok Adah" Zeva said in a gently voice. "Yea Ill be ok" Adah said as Zeva peeled the razor wire net off of Adah. As Zeva was with Adah the many of the raiders ran for the mouth of the cave. However, before they could escape Zeva block the entrance of the cave.

"You think you could escape you fate you cowards" roared Zeva. She then saw an empty Archalossus jar and picked it up. Zeva then started to scoop up the raiders trying to escape into the jar. The rest of the raiders panicked as Zeva walked towards them with the jar. It dose not take long till all 12 were in the jar.

Adah got up and watched as Zeva sat down in the center of the cave; the jar filled with the raiders was right next to her. "Is my father alright" Adah asked as she walked up and sat next to Zeva. "Your father is well" Zeva said as she looked down at her friend. Adah looked at the jar "What are you going to do with them?" Zeva only smiled at her as she reached for a jar of honey and a jug of wine.

Adah only smiled as Zeva set the wine jug and honey jar next to her. She then lifted the lid of the raiders' jar and reached in. Zeva pulled out a naked well built man out of the jar. Zeva then dipped the little naked raider into the honey jar. Zeva then raised the raider to her open; then, she slurped the raider into her mouth.

With a loud gulp Zeva sent the little raider into her belly. Adah only shook her head "Always the Etunaz (a Giganten word, the language of all giant races, for man-eater)". Zeva only smiled as a voice called out from the jar "You monster, can you feel pity?" Zeva reached into the jar again then pulled out the leather clad raider who had spoken. Zeva then dropped him into her jug of wine "You a killer of children and mother call me a monster!"

Zeva brought the jar to her lips as she continued talking "I eat Ligos-folk (another Giganten word for non-giant beings) not for greed of for the fun of it!" Zeva then opened her mouth wide the said "I eat Ligos-folk for the natural reason of hunger!" Zeva then started to drink the wine deeply; as the raider pass between her lips. Then with another gulp she sent the raider to join his friend in her belly. Zeva then gave a tiny jug (Ligos-folk sized) to Adah.

"Thanks" Adah said as she held the jug of wine. "Are you ok" Zeva said as she tossed another honey covered naked man into her mouth. Adah then just broke down and started to cry. "No, my people needed me and I was trapped in a net" Adah said as tears came across her face. Zeva then pick her up and set her on her belly.

 Zeva tossed another honey drenched raider into her mouth; then, she spoke to Adah. "What is wrong Adah. You can tell me anything." Adah brushed the tears from her face. "I just wonder if I am worthy to be my father's heir" Adah as she looked away from Zeva. "You were out numbered and seized. It happens; I myself have been captured" Zeva said as she spoke to Adah.

Adah looked up at Zeva as she continued "You are a great warrior Adah; you are caring and strong." Adah started to smile; she then looked at the jar. "What are you going to do to their leader?" Adah asked hoping that Zeva was not going to eat him. Zeva smiled and said "I am going to bring him to Ven-ul."

Then Zeva went back to eating the raiders. As time passed by Theron slowly became the only raider in the jar. While Adah and Zeva drank the jugs of wine then the two fell deep into sleep. It was then that Theron attempted to escape. He rocked back and forth till the jar fell; then he crept out of the jar.

He got to the mouth of the cave as Adah woke up and saw what was going on. Adah jumped off of Zeva and raced towards Theron. Zeva then woke up to see Adah grabbing the razor wire net and facing Theron. Adah then threw the net around Theron which caused him to crash down onto the floor. Zeva smiled as she got up and walked towards the Adah and her prized at her four paired legs. "Nice catch there" Adah smiled as Zeva kept speaking "Now to get to Ven-ul."

Four

As dawn once again rose over Ven-ul; her citizens started the painful process of rebuilding. They began to burry the dead and wash the blood and flesh off the streets. Then out of the morning mist they heard a noise of drums in the distance. The scorpion-men gathered at the ruined wall the surround the city. Chiram was among those who feared the worst.

Yet, their fears quickly died as they saw Zeva and Adah coming into view. Adah carried Theron on her back net and all. As Zeva carried the plunder the raiders had taken. The scorpion-men cheered as Zeva stepped over the city walls and entered the city. She then set the stolen treasure of Ven-ul at the legs of her citizens. The scorpion-men of Ven-ul then took back what was taken. Then Adah entered the city using the city gates. Chiram and the nobles gathered towards Theron and Adah.

Chiram hugged Adah thrilled to see her daughter alive again. "I am so glad you well Adah" Chiram said with tears in his eyes. "Thank you father, I have return with Theron: leader of those who would lay us to waste!" Chiram eyed Theron on Adah's back trying to escape. "What should we do with him" Chiram asked with the nobles waiting for her reply. Adah looked at her would be rapist and raider; then, turned back to her father with a simple phrase. "To the fire pit!" then with a cheer the nobles and citizen alike grabbed him and started to carry him.

Zeva leaned on the wall of the city and watched. As Adah (carrying Theron) lead the Citizens of Ven-ul out of the city and towards a fiery stone line pit. The scorpion-men pulled Theron off Adah and dragged him towards the mouth of the pit. Zeva watched as Theron tried to back away from the flames that were spiting out of the pit. Then with one great push from the citizens of Ven-ul Theron fell into the pit.

Adah watched as Theron fell into the flames. His flesh quickly burnt off in a flash of flames. Then With another flash Theron became nothing then a screaming skeleton. He then landed onto a pile of burning bones at the bottom the pit. With Theron now a pile of blazing bones deep in the pit Adah then turned towards her fellow scorpion-men. They then cheered and carried her back towards Ven-ul.

As the coward came pass the gate towards Zeva she just smiled at Adah. Then the coward went by and into the center of Ven-ul to celebrate. Zeva and Adah waved to each other then Zeva heard a voice in beside her. "I see you gave Adah strength to become the warrior she can be." Zeva turned to see Sorrow next to her.

"I just said afew words to her" Zeva said to Sorrow. "No, you lead her towards her fate in her darkest moment" Sorrow with a little smile. Sorrow continued "The fate to be one of your most loyal generals. Once you embrace your fate to raise an empire." Zeva only rolled her eyes as her and Sorrow walked towards the center of Ven-ul to celebrate with Adah.

The End