- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This story is originally written with accompanying renders (with a slight adjustment) so the writing might be a bit different than usual,

and this is pretty much my first try at writing a complete short story so I didn't modify it that much for now for that reason. I might improve it in the future.

anyway without further ado, Enjoy!

Hello everyone. My name is Alvin. The truth is, I wasn't always a midget. In fact, I was the opposite of that. Let me tell you what happened.

I had a pretty good life. After working my ass off and with the help of some connections I made along the way, I became the principal of Maple High in just a few years. The problem was, everything was too easy for me. I have never faced something that challenges me in life. One of the things I didn't like about myself is that I am too freaking tall. Just three inches shy of seven feet. I reached 6 feet in 7th grade and I have always been the tallest ever since. It also makes everyone around me subconsciously intimidated. When you're head and shoulder taller than everyone else, that tends to happen. More than anything I wanted to feel what is like to be normal. Just 5'10 to six feet I feel like would be ideal for me.

It all began when Rebecca, my chemistry teacher asked me to come to the lab. Said she wanted to show me something. It wasn't what I had in mind at first.

"I got something that could give you what you've always wanted." Rebecca said. She then took out a vial containing some sort of potion. It turns out that it's an experimental drug that she had concocted. She said that she tried that on a few lab rats and it works as it should.

"You're telling me the liquid inside this thing is gonna make my body shrink a few inches?" I asked.

"Well that's the idea. It reacts kind of like a magnet to your molecules, reducing the space between the atoms that make up your body, so you'll shrink proportionally.." she explained.

"Cool.. So you're basically like a female Hank Pym now? Does this have any side effect?" I replied.

"No side effects as far as I know. All I know is it's gonna make you see the world differently."

She got me. I've always wanted to be normal. I hated the way I stood out being six feet nine. This was my chance. I wasn't gonna let it go. I took the vial and drank all of it confidently. Rebecca's expression suddenly turned to a shock.

"What?" I asked her trying to understand what just happened.

"Well, umm.. Actually you were only meant to drink like a quarter of it at first.." She said nervously.

"And you didn't bother to tell me this before?!" I can feel the tone of my voice raising as I felt kinda angry and scared at the same time.

"Whoa don't be mad at me you're the one who gulped all of it before I finished explaining." She said. "I suppose it's gonna be okay. The effect is supposed to happen gradually but since you just took all of it at once the change might happen faster than anticipated." she replied, cooling the tension.

"I guess a fast reaction isn't so bad. Might be nice actually to see the effect immediately." I replied.

"Great. See you at home?" Rebecca said instructing me to leave as her students came in for a lesson.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. We hook up too. Rebecca had been my consistent multiple night stands for the past two years. Having been married and now divorced makes me realize that it's way more fun to be single. We had great sex as usual. But I couldn't be prepared for what's going to happen tomorrow.

***

I woke up alone. Rebecca had woken up early and left like she always did. But that morning I found that my clothes are loose. I've definitely lost more than a few inches.

"Damn. I can't believe Rebecca's potion really works. And a fast one at that." I immediately went to the store to buy some clothes since I couldn't be wearing my comically loose clothes at work.

The world looked so different being 6 feet tall. I still feel tall but not like an alien anymore. I can see eye to eye with more people now. I was really happy with how fast the potion had worked.

 I went to the canteen to get some food even though I wasn't feeling that hungry. Katie, the cafeteria lady gave me my usual with a bright smile on her face. She had worked behind the counter for the last few months and truth be told, seeing her cute face before every lunch does good with appetite after all.

"Hey Alvin, you looked a bit different than usual. Did you lose weight or something?" she commented.

I was kinda hoping she would notice. After all, eight inches is a lot of height to not be noticeable.

“Well you're not wrong. But that's not all though." I answered telling the truth.

"What do you mean?" her face became immediately curious.

"Well in addition to weight, I lost height too." I explained.

"You're kidding right? That's impossible." she scoffed.

"I thought so too, but I had my friend tried an experimental drug on me and it apparently worked well." I added.

***

After getting my lunch, I finally saw Rebecca.

"Wow! It worked. Really well. How do you feel?" she said, seeing the effects of the potion had already worked instantly.

"Great. Your potion worked really fast." My co-worker, Cynthia who was just finished lunch with Rebecca definitely noticed my shrinking as well. Normally it hurts my neck to look at Cynthia in the eyes because of how stark our height difference was. But now I'm looking at Rebecca right in the eyes, and Cynthia is taller than my shoulders even when she's just wearing flats.

I went to celebrate that night. I couldn't hold it. I was just so happy. Macy's Bar is the place you go to when you want to have a good time. And good time I had. I drank, partied and danced. I was enjoying myself so much, I didn't realize that a petite brunette approached me and danced with me for a while.

But my happiness would soon turn to panic as I started to shrink again in the bar. I haven't had too many drinks to be sure that it was not alcohol. I was definitely shrinking and I can feel and see everything changing this time. The world expanded around me as I dwindled down. The petite brunette no longer looks petite anymore as she slowly grew bigger in front of my eyes. I had to call Rebecca.

"Please for the love of god, pick up the phone damnit." I cursed impatiently on my phone in panic after I got home. I tried calling her five times. No answer. I was too panicked to be thinking straight. Maybe she was already asleep. It was past midnight after all.

***

I went to work the next day with the complete opposite feeling I had the day before. I needed to see Rebecca. But I couldn't find her anywhere in the school.

"Hey.. You okay?" A familiar voice called me from behind. I turned around to see that it was Cynthia. Little Cynthia who is now staring straight at my face. I must've shrunk to almost five foot, which made her as tall as me in her modest heels. She tried to console me but I couldn't hide my panic as I tried to ring Rebecca again hoping she might pick up this time, but no avail.

I went to Macy's again that night, feeling even more scared than before. I ordered a bottle of vodka, with no ice to distract my mind. Even the glass seems way bigger to me now. My plan was to spend the night wallowing in my helplessness but the universe had other plans instead.

A rather tall girl approached me. She wasn't actually tall at all, but to my current perspective, any girl above 5 feet is going to look tall. She came to where I was sitting and gently caressed my face.

"You don't remember me, do you?" She said, judging by my expression. She was right. I couldn't put a finger as to who she is but I know for sure that I definitely have seen her before. "Let me jog your memory then.” She said. “Remember last night, you were partying pretty hard, a sexy maiden was grinding you all night.. Sound familiar?"

Suddenly it came back to me. She was the pretty little brunette from last night. Only when I hopped down from my chair I'm looking up at her instead of down.

"Funny, I remembered you being much taller." She said after finding out the guy she was talking to is shorter than her. "I usually only like tall guys. But you're kinda cute so I'll make an exception." She added while she pressed her lips against mine. I just couldn't believe I'm making out with a girl who would normally be around my chest and I'm the one who has to stand on my tiptoes. How the tables have turned.

Soon I found myself in a hotel room, on top of a bed with her. "Oh.. YESS.. Keep going.." she moaned hard. I picked to be on top, to anticipate the shrinking that might happen to me suddenly. Which it did. Suddenly I felt her vagina getting bigger around my dick. This is the first time I was shrinking when I'm not asleep and it was a weird sensation. The world slowly expands around as I felt a bit dizzy. I ended up coming earlier than anticipated, leaving her unsatisfied.

"You what?!" She asked angrily after I explained my condition. Sitting in front of her it was clear that she looks way bigger than when they met at the bar. I had shrunk a lot and she wasn't having it.

"I didn't realize that you're a midget. Honestly, I don't know what I saw in you. Get out!" she screamed.

And that's how I got dumped by a girl after a one night stand gone wrong. Maybe it was for the best.

***

"If you want you could take a look at our young boys section." The lady in the store said after looking at me for a few seconds. I wanted to complain but she's not exactly wrong. There won't be any adult clothes that will fit me anymore. I have to take what I can get.

The next day I would come to find out that the world had gotten bigger again due to my shrinkage. Petite Cynthia is petite no longer. From my reduced perspective, she's now a 7 foot tall amazon wearing a cute sweater. She summoned me to her classroom and briefed me about a mother of one of her student that came bursting with anger. She couldn't take her anymore so she'd said that she could talk directly to the headmaster. Usually I was never nervous to meet a complaining parent. They usually just want their complain to be heard, and all I had to do was reassure them that the school would do something about it. But seeing how the lady was compared to Cynthia, made myself shiver a bit as I walked in to meet her.

I could tell that this woman was way too upset even before she started talking. Her daughter was looking dumbfounded at the man in front of her mother, who's supposed to be the principal but looks barely the size of her little brother.

"Good morning Mrs. Jennings, what seems to be the problem?" I said professionally, trying to ignore the fact that even with her sitting down on the student chair, she's already taller than me by a few inches.

She slowly stood up and explained her story, exploding with anger. My face was towered by her massive boobs hanging above my head. Normally I would've been able to look at this lady in the eye and intimidate her. But that's no longer the case. Her daughter watched from up close as her mother scolded the tiny principal in front of her.

Just like I predicted, I just gave her my template response and they stormed out soon after.

***

As I dwindled I found people started to respect me less and less. I was not even considered when the other teachers were discussing. It was really humiliating, but I realized that I have more of it to look forward to.

Strolling around the school hallway, I was even shorter than most, if not all the students. Most of them didn't even notice me passing them by as they have to bend their head down to even see me.

I went home only to find out that I've shrunk even further. I have to find a way to stop this.

***

The next day Cynthia told me that the school board have temporarily demoted me to a detention teacher. That is a special group of teacher that deals with troublesome students. I have no choice but to accept or get fired.

I went to the canteen and found myself standing on my tippy toes just to see over the counter. I must be really tiny now. On the way there I passed a few students, one of them was unbelievably tall, I couldn't help but feel like a little kid next to her.

Katie the lunch lady noticed me struggling to get her attention.

"Hey little one, what can I get you.. Wait.. Oh no.. Alvin? you got even smaller.." She said with a worried and shocked look at the same time.

"Yep. This is little old me now." I asked for some food only to find out that I had left my wallet somewhere therefore I have no way of paying my lunch. My bad fortune keeps piling up.

"Aw I'm sorry lil guy. I have an idea. If you can beat me in arm-wrestling, I'll give you your lunch for free." The offer feels unusual but worth a try. It wasn't like I had any other choice anyway.

I put my much smaller hand up and locked with hers. I could immediately feel that this will go badly. The reality was, I was trying really hard but apparently it wasn't enough to move her hand even a bit. "Gotcha." She finally beat me after about thirty seconds waiting to feel some sort of push. She didn't even felt me trying. "Aw you poor guy.. You couldn't even beat my weak hand and I don't even work out." She felt bad and eventually gave me my lunch anyway. At least I got one problem solved for the day.

***

"Can I sit here?" I heard a soft voice belonging to a lady that I've never seen around before. I thought I was dreaming. This girl is really short. She looks to be around my height just augmented slightly with her high heels. I gestured her to sit at the empty seat in front of me. "Hi I'm Helen. I just started working here and honestly I am surprised to find someone my size. A guy nonetheless. Suddenly I don’t feel so short anymore."

"Wow.. I can only imagine how hard this must be to you.." Helen said after I explained my condition. "Well don't worry, you got a friend in me." She said smiling, followed by the both of us laughing at how cringy that line that she clearly took from an animated movie. But I could tell that she meant what she said.

"Well, see you around, Alvin!" we both stood up just inches away from each other, finally discovering each other's height for the first time. Her eyeline was just slightly above mine. We were standing so close to each other's face that we could feel the tension, when suddenly the school bell rang, disrupting the rare moment we could've had.

***

I soon found out from the school board that Rebecca is actually in prison for experimenting with illegal substances. I asked Helen to come pick me up and take me there, hoping to find some answers. She was shocked to find that I was even shorter than the day before. I was now almost a head shorter than her. She gave me a cute smile and suddenly swoop me off my feet..

"Hey.. You didn't have to carry me like this though." I complained.

"I know.. It's just I've never done that to anyone before and you're the perfect size for it. I hope you don’t mind.." She replied.

I had to let her drive because the fact is, she can still reach the pedals with her 4 inch heels while I probably won't be able to see over the dashboard. We soon reached the prison and asked for Rebecca. A few minutes later the guard escorted us to the visitor’s room and there sits Rebecca with the usual orange prison clothes.

"Oh my God.. I'm really sorry Alvin.. I really didn't mean for it to be like this.." Rebecca said with total unbelief. Her formerly tall lover is now looking almost like a toddler sized boy.

"Well it's not too late to fix this. Do you have the antidote?" I asked point blank.

"Yes. It's in my office, on the top right side cabinet. There should be a silver tube with a clear liquid in it. Drink it all, it should halt and eventually stop the molecular space reduction happening in your body.. I’m really sorry.." she explained.

Me and Helen rushed to Rebecca's house to find the antidote. I found the tube and took it immediately. Now all I can do is hope that it works like she said.

***

After a few days we were glad that I didn't shrink anymore. I couldn't get my old height back but I guess being a 4 feet tall guy is not that bad. Luckily Helen stayed with me and helped me through everything.

After that we went on our official second date, which unsurprisingly drew a lot of attention from people around us. After all we look like two adult looking kids going out because of our size.

I didn't take long for me to figure out that she was the one. With the money I have saved up, I went and bought the sparkly diamond ring and popped the question to Helen a few months later. She said yes. We got married shortly after that and lived happily ever after.. At least for now..

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you so much for reading!

If you're interested to check out the full rendered story, you can purchase it here: https://harafung.gumroad.com/l/DEmLH

Thank you!