- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the first chapter with some actual interaction! I`ve taken some time to build up the characters but now I can delve into the meat of the story. 

“Okay, okay, okay” Richard muttered, pacing around the lounge. “Let’s take stock of this – there must be a reasonable explanation to this” he added, barely convincing himself. “Why is everything so huge” Abby shouted in response. “I don`t think everything is huge, I think we are small” Edward stated with an emotionless stare forward. “No, people and their houses don`t just shrink! It Is physically impossible” Tracey piped up. Richard stared out of the window in thought.

Huge rumbles shook through the house “Oh my god, what now” they all thought. Everyone rushed to the window in fear. Nothing could be seen but the rumbles felt louder and more intense. “It sounds like people” Isobel stuttered “Maybe they could help!” she added hopefully. “Or maybe they did this to us! They would be huge, maybe they want to kill us” Edward inserted with alarm. The thought stunk out the room. They all listened to the noises, it sounded like there were 3 separate tones. Deeper tones followed by higher ones interspersed with even higher pitched chirps. The booms were incomprehensible to the tiny ears of the listening people and after around 20 minutes they subsided, followed by a large thud.

The alarm rang out through the bedroom and Ewa smashed her palm on top to turn off the horrible beeping. “Morning babe” Bradley moaned through a yawn and planted a kiss on Ewa lips. “Good morning baby” Ewa replied stretching her arms high above her body. Their daughter Ana ran into the room “Mommy, Daddy hurry up or I will be late for school” she screamed insistently pulling at her mother’s arms. “Okay, okay, just give me a second”. Ewa rolled out of the bed and stood above her daughter. “Come on then, you go to your room to get ready” ushering her daughter out of the room, Ana turned and ran out of the room excitedly. Ewa paused for a second to pull a wedgie that had been created by her tight pink pyjama shorts. A smack bounced against her ass as Bradley leaned over to spank his girlfriend. Ewa giggled and shook her little ass right back into Bradleys face.

The 2 emerged from their room into the landing, Bradley dressed in blue overalls ready to head to work at a local medical warehouse, Ewa dressed in a pink hoodie and blue leggings. “Are you going to email Richard today? Tell him you won`t be going back” Bradley asked inquisitively. “I don`t know, I think I might just talk to him on Saturday. He has always been so nice to me, plus we really need the money” Ewa replied with a sigh. “You can`t keep working with those two massive bitches! We will find a way to make do without the money” Bradley retorted, barely believing Ewa was considering staying. “I`ll have a think about it today” she replied, desperately trying to not decide now. She would love to stick it to Abby and Isobel, but the thought of not seeing Richard anymore saddened her. Ana ran back from her room “I am ready, come on let`s go!” she said grabbing both her parents’ arms and tugging them towards the stairs. “I`ll take her to school and then I will go for a walk with Elton, we can talk about it later” Ewa said to Bradley as the family walked down the stairs. The 3 leaving the house and slamming the door behind them

When the booming sounds disappeared, Richard turned to the rest of the lounge. “Okay we need a plan” He stated to the room defiantly. “I don`t know what is going on but all I know is we are in danger; we only have a small amount of water and if there are people out there, we need to get help” he added. “You don`t mean going out there? Look at what happened last time” Isobel cried, fearful of her dads wellbeing. “I know” Richard acknowledged “The safest place for you all is here, for now. We will run out of food and water before you know it. The longer we leave it to try and make contact the more difficult it will be” he affirmed to the room, his realism hitting everyone. “Edward you are going to come with me” He added pointing towards his son. Edward nodded back to his father, fear and realism hitting him in equal measure. “Ladies you need to stay here. Make sure all the doors and windows are locked and do not leave the house under any circumstances” Richard demanded of the group. The women either nodded or sobbed in return and gathered around the two men as the prepared for the journey.

The two men hugged their goodbyes to the women and stepped out of the door to the unknown. It took them several minutes to reach the colossal white door. Their journey slowed by constant checks of their surroundings as they gazed at the monolithic size of the room that surrounded them. They stopped on numerous occasions spooked at any noise suggesting another spider, or any other now huge predator lurking in the shadows. Unscathed they reached the door. A 3-foot gap between the door and its huge golden metal separator allowed them to duck down under without much issue. They reached the other side and were encountered with another gargantuan area. The bright white walls and huge window in front of them caused their eyes to squint as the sun beamed through the massive glass panes. The landing contained 3 more doors that towered up to the sky, 2 to the left and 1 to the right as well as a brown wooden railing. In front of them laid a massive walkway covered in a thick blue carpet. The 2 looked down noticing that the carpet fibres were almost waste high. “It`s so thick, this will be so hard to walk through” Richard said to his son to no reply, his head likening the fibres to an overgrown jungle. “Dad if we have shrunk…” Edward uneasily asked. “Don`t say that it is ridiculous” Richard responded without giving his son the chance to finish the sentence. “I know I am sorry” Edward continued “But how small are we?” he asked uncomfortably. “IF we, have you know…” Richard replied not even wanting to say the word Shrunk. “Judging by our surroundings, we are maybe an inch or so tall” he added, barely believing the words coming from his mouth, his words creating a silent realisation between the pair.

The two trudged through the blue carpet, eventually leading them to the top of a staircase. The pair gawped down tunnel of stairs the culminated at the bottom with more wooden floor It stretched out hundreds of feet all covered in the same thick carpet they had just slugged through. “What do we do now” Edward asked to his father. Richard tugged at the carpet, testing its strength. “We climb” He retorted, feigning confidence, and leaned himself over the precipice of the drop, gripping the firm fibers and lowering himself down. Edwards hesitated staring at the dizzying 40-foot drop in front of him. “Come on Edward, it is easier than it looks” Richard reassured his son. Edward gingerly grabbed the massive carpet and slowly followed in his father’s climb. The two slowly lowered themselves down gaining confidence with every inch they moved down. Suddenly Edwards grip loosened on his right hand and it slipped free from the fibres, his legs dangling over the drop. A scream burst from his lungs as he frantically gripped on for dear life with his left hand. He frenziedly tried to fling his body to reconnect his other arm but his body could not generate the necessary force. Panicked he screamed out “Dad, I am going to fall”. “Hold on son I am coming”. Richard hastily tried to shimmy over to his son but before he could move across his son let out a blood curdling scream. He looked over and watched helplessly as his only son plummeted to the ground below. Edward plonked onto the step, his body bouncing onto the thick carpet. His eyes remained closed for a second, ready for the end. He opened his eyes realising he was totally unhurt and was lying comfortably on top of the blue carpet. “Edward!” he heard his dad scream from above. “I`m okay! The carpet cushioned me I think” Edward replied, the relief and joy palpable in his voice. “Jump down dad, it is safe!” he shouted up. Richard paused for a second, uncomfortable with the idea. Taking a deep breath, he released his grip and dropped below his landing also cushioned by the heavy carpet. The two looked at each other and embraced. “I thought I’d lost you” Richard said to his son, tears filling his eyes. The two continued their decent down the stairs jumping down each step. The joy and adrenaline rush making them almost forget their shrunken predicament.

Reaching the final step, the tiny father and son climbed down, unable to continue the jumping strategy due to the hardwood floor. Reaching close enough to the ground the two leaped from the carpeted climbing frame and landed with a light thud onto the ground. Reinvigorated by the journey they took a second to reassess. They looked around their new surroundings. In front of them stood a towering front door, a mixture of white PVC plastic and glass panes. To their left was another white door, this time fully open. Peering through they could see another sea of hardwood flooring with a large grey sofa standing tall above it. “We should make our way in there; it looks like the lounge. We will have a better chance of being seen” Richard suggested, and Edward nodded in agreement. The two minute men sprinted towards the door. Entering the room, they found it empty. “Fuck everyone must be out” Richard disappointingly shouted looking around for a good vantage point. Two huge sofas bordered a white rug, thicker even than the carpet on the stairs they had climbed down. Both towering sofas pointing towards a large, even by normal standards, flat screen TV. The room was strewn with humongous children’s toys left discarded haphazardly around the room. “Let`s wait under here” Richard said pointing towards the sofa “We will stay here until someone comes home, and we can get their attention”

Ewa opened her metal gate and led her black Labrador Elton towards the front door. “Come on boy, let`s get you fed”. She opened the door and Elton sprinted past her sensing his opportunity for some food. The dog bounded towards the closed bathroom door, jumping impatiently before running back towards Ewa who was rolling up the lead to place over a hook on the wall. The dog leapt up and down on Ewa, desperately trying to hurry her. “Okay Elton, calm down I am coming”. Opening the kitchen door Elton scurried past her, her paws not suitable for the cold and slippery terrain she slid across the tiled floor losing his footing and looking like an untrained ice skater. Ewa poured a box of the hard round shaped food into the bowl and Elton tucked in headfirst. Pouring herself a glass of water she stared out of the window into her small box shaped back garden. Her manager at the food factory had forced some time off on her as she had too many days of annual leave still to take. “I wish I could be somewhere sunny on holiday with this time off, Not stuck here all day with you” she thought whilst glaring at the dog still munching away below her. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and checked her to do list for the day. 1. Walk the dog, 2. Work Out 3. Clean kitchen. “Not an action-packed day then” she thought sarcastically to herself. She downed her glass of water and grabbed a rolled-up yoga mat from the side of the fridge. Shutting the door behind her as to not be disturbed by Elton she strolled into the front room.

Walking in she kicked her rug from the middle of the room to the far side and it glided neatly away, the lack of friction from the wooden floor carrying it further than she expected. Ewa rolled her yoga mat out, taking a few steps on it to flatten the curved edges. Standing in the middle of the mat she grabbed her TV remote and scrolled through YouTube searching for a good workout video. `20 Minute HIIT Blast` came up on the screen and she clicked the video on. She removed her pink hoodie to not get too sweaty, so she was now only clad in skin tight blue running leggings and a black sports bra. She admired her tight body in the mirror opposite and gave her breasts a playful squeeze together, creating an impressive line of cleavage considering their size. “3,2,1 – Let’s go!” the lady on the TV set barked at Ewa.

Richard and Edward sat under the colossal sofa. The time giving the two men a time to reflect. “It will be okay won`t it Dad” Edwards asked quietly to his father. “Yes son, I don`t know what the fuck is going on, but we will work something out”. Richard replied, his fear creating a tone of anger in his voice. He looked at his son who appeared crestfallen at his words, Richard not coming across with as much comfort as he would have hoped. He stood up and tapped his son on the shoulder. “Listen son, what has happened seems impossible, but if it has happened there must be a way to fix it. The world is full of amazing scientists so once we can get In contact with someone, we will be fine”. Edward perked up at the words.

The two men jumped to the sound of metal crashing into each other at a distance. Voices boomed in the distance followed by a fast-paced pinching sound of something unfamiliar skipping over the wooden floor. “It sounds like they have a dog” Edward suggested up to his father. This was followed by the familiar sound of a woman’s voice. It`s tones felt deep as it rumbled away in the distance like light thunder, but it was still unmistakably a woman. The footsteps fell away into the distance and Richard and Edward looked at each other. “Not yet….” Richard hushed at his son.

After a couple of minutes, the tiny ears of the two men heard a door slam shut and footsteps bouncing on the ground towards them. Both gawped as two massive sock cladded feet sauntered past their sofa shelter the booms vibrated and echoing around their ears. Their eyes followed the feet as they walked around the sofa and into the centre of room. The fluffy socks stood in front of a large rug and launched it across the other side of the room. The rug must have weighed tonnes to the 2 tiny men, but it was thrown away like nothing to the two colossal feet. They saw two knees bend to the floor as a yoga mat was unfurled before them, the feet stamping the ground to flatten the edges, causing earthquakes to Edward and Richard. The feet placed themselves on the centre of the giant mat and a couple of seconds of silence followed. Sensing an opportunity Richard ran into the centre of the room. He looked back to Edward who stayed motionless, his head shaking in fear.

Richards eyes adjusted to the full light of the room and his head shot upwards towards the giant. Given the unbelievable circumstance he found himself in he had expected to encounter giant people, but the sight of this over 300-foot goddess still stunned him. He stopped dead in his tracks, almost flawed completely by the sight of this being. She looked God like. 2 impossibly long legs folded into 2 massive, rounded ass cheeks, encased in tight blue lycra. A baggy pink hoodie hid her top half leading to a forest of short pink hair. Regaining his senses, he sprinted towards the yoga mat. He vaulted over the abdomen high material and his feet landed with a thud onto the soft black ground. The ground was soft and easy to run over, and he made his way over to the 2 giant feet. Running between them they dwarfed him on each side like pillars on a bridge. Reaching the front of her toes the ground swayed around him as the feet repositioned slightly. A gust of wind hit him from the front as her billboard sized hoddie was tossed aside causally and fell in a heap in front of him. Regaining his footing he desperately jumped up and down, his arms frantically waving as he shouted for attention from the giantess. He watched as the giant woman pressed her building sized breasts together watching as the 2 massive mounds bounced and wobbled back into place. He looked at the huge face as it smiled across into the distance, Richard losing himself in her blue swimming pool sized eyes. “Oh my god, I know that face. That`s Ewa” He thought, his mind shouting the words through his subconscious. “Ewa! Ewa!” Richard screamed at his giant cleaner. She did not even flinch at his words. Richard’s mind was racing. Confusion, fear and hope filled his body at the revelation. Adrenaline pumping through his veins. He continued his jumping and shouting before his words were drowned out by a booming female voice. “1,2,3 Let`s Go”

Richard’s world shook. The two feet bounced into action blasting and pumping into the ground. The pace and speed of the two massive structures not fathomable at Richards tiny size as they blurred up and down above him. Richard disoriented, desperately tried to run. Each bounce of the foot knocking him from his feet and shaking him around violently. Standing back up he screamed as a mountain of grey foot hurled down from above. He closed his eyes and prepared for death, his thoughts drifting to his family. A huge blast of air and a rumble lounder than any thunder rocked the little man as he was catapulted 10 foot in the air. Opening his eyes, he felt his body float upwards in the air. He fell onto Ewas foot, his fall cushioned by an air pocket created by the sock and the space between her biggest 2 toes. Each digit twice as long and 3 times as thick as Richard as he landed face first onto the sock, his body weight barely creating a ripple in the fabric. The movement stopped for a second as he heard the video say, “Okay let`s breathe”. Gasps of air could be heard for the titaness above him, Richard’s face still buried in the sock. The smell of salty sweat and foot odour engulfed his nostrils as he desperately tried to get up, his hands grabbing and clawing at anything to try and gain some purchase.

“Okay let`s do some kicks” He heard the video cry with enthusiasm. His whole world moved backwards at pace, his body feeling weightless as he flew upwards into the air. Time slowed as he felt the foot kick back to it`s maximum height, pausing for just a split second. Feeling like he was about to fly down on the world’s biggest roller coaster. The foot jilted forward; Richards tiny body thrust at the speed of a jet engine towards the ground. He gripped the grey fabric for dear life as wind flew past his ears, more powerful than any hurricane ever seen. The sudden change in G-force sucked the consciousness from Richard as he felt his strength slipping away. His grip loosened and just as Ewa’s leg reached an upswing his body flung from her foot, climbing upwards in the air to 80 foot before he began hurtling towards the ground. His unconscious body flew through the air like a tiny dart, and he smashed into a nearby by Teddy bear, the soft fur cushioning his blow. His body fell down the fuzzy toy, his body bouncing of its limbs like a pinball before finally hitting the thigh of the bear. His body flopped on the ground and lay still and motionless

Ewa wheezed and gasped as the workout finished. She keeled over exhausted. “Fuck that was hard” she thought, her mind even feeling out of breath. Her body crumpled to the ground and onto her knees before laying down flat onto her stomach across the yoga mat. She reached over and grabbed the remote and put on some normal TV. She watched idly for a few moments before drifting off soundly to sleep.