- Text Size +


“MATT wake up!”  The voice was loud but fuzzy.  “Matt, oh my God, wake up.”  


Matt opened his eyes to Amanda looking down at him.  “Matt, oh God you have it.”  “What was happening?” he thought to himself.  She was so close but seemed so far away.  Why was his front so cold but his back so warm?  Finally coming back to consciousness he was quickly piecing everything together.  He had shrunk. 


Her huge face beamed down at him, “Oh thank God you’re okay.  I can’t believe this is happening.  


“Amanda what is happening,” Matt Shrieked up finally putting words together.



“You shrunk, I can't believe it!  I fished you out of your clothes and have been trying to wake you up for a few minutes now I was so scared!”  Her breath washed down on him as moved her hand a bit away from her face.


Matt quickly covered his junk suddenly realizing he was nude and lying on the palm of her hand.  “Can you help me, or take me to the hospital, or please just help!”  Panicked Matt sat up in her hand.


“Matt, please calm down, it will be okay.  I can’t take you to the hospital, you know they can’t do anything about this yet.  You know they don’t want anybody infected anywhere but their home.”  It was true, shrinking was new and the hospitals were adamant about containing the spread of the virus.  “Hold on, I'll get you out of here and we’ll head back to my place for now.”  


Suddenly her appendages closed around his body, trapping him.  A zipping sound was heard and he was being lowered into more darkness.  “Sorry, but my purse is going to be the safest place for me to do this,” she said, calmly as she started to stand up. “Plus, I don’t think you want anyone to see you like this.”


As careful as Amanda was walking out of the theater and back to her car, Matt was jostled around vigorously in the purse.  “I can’t believe she just threw me in her purse without asking me,” he thought in darkness.


The sound of a latch and more aggressive movements jarred Matt.  “I’m actually just going to leave you in the purse until we get to my house.  There’s no way you would be okay rolling around free in my car.”  Her voice rang through the leather bag.


“Great,”  Matt thought to himself.  One of the best days of his life quickly turns around and he’s trapped in his date's handbag as she drives home.  Movements picking back up, the sound of a door shutting and a car beeping signaling that they were back at her place.


In her room Amanda gently placed her handbag on the bed.  “We’re home!”, she proclaimed slight excitement creeping through her tone.  Unzipping the handbag and reaching in to grab her new shrunken date.  “Hey I was thinking a lot on the drive home.  I know this is a huge shock but I want you to know you are welcome to stay here and I’ll make sure you’re taken care of until we can figure something out.”  She beamed down at him, gorgeous lips forming a bright smile that served to only make Matt more nervous.