- Text Size +

After having completely lost herself in the world written on the pages of the book before her and finally becoming aware of the current time, the young woman stood up and stretched. Placing her book in the grass under the tree she made her way across the yard and over to the garden where her mother was working. She always loved getting to spend time outside with her mother and her mother’s pride and joy was their massive garden. She knew today was going to be a good day. Her mother was kneeling in the grass on the edge of the garden, doing some weeding and tending to the soil. The green grass softly crunched beneath her shoes as she walked across the back lawn. She must have been zoned out for a while as her mother was already deep into her work. Sitting cross-legged her hands were covered in dirt, uprooted weeds lay strewn about around her and an empty watering can lay on its side next to her bag of rusty tools. Sweat subtlety stained her shirt as the Gardener exerted her self in her craft. A colourful jungle of various flowers was before her and behind them the first part of the 6 foot tall flowers that made up the natural hallway to the secluded seating area in the yard.

 

“Hey Mom how’s it going today?” The Daughter asked coming up behind her and peering over her shoulder.

 

“Ah good morning sweetie! I Hope you were able to sleep well last night.” The Gardener said sitting backwards and wiping sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand.

 

“I was yes! They started out loud with the music and yelling but I think they had packed it in somewhere like midnight or something… they seem to have cleaned the yard up pretty nicely. No bags or bottles laying around this time.” She said leaning in close to see how the garden was coming along.

 

“Well, when or if he decides to come join us today I’ll have a word with him about the noise… I hope we don’t have to apologize to the neighbors this time” The Gardener said rolling her eyes. She stood up and proceeded to dust herself off. Repletely running her hands over her knees and brushing any loose grass and dirt from her butt. She gestured for her daughter to follow her as they walked along the flower bed and around the corner to the entry way to the seating area. On either side of them were flowers that reached higher than their heads. A strong earthy smell filled their noses as they made their way down the pathway. The feeling of serenity one got when traversing this path was almost always overwhelming. The Daughter’s mind was just about to slip away when she was pulled back to reality by the splash of the puddle she just stepped in. 

“Oh!” The Daughter said in surprise as droplets of cold water splashed against her lower leg.

“Whoops, I watered not to long ago and looks like I over did it just a bit” Her mother said as she turned around to see her daughter’s shoe in the center of the dirty puddle

“Its ok with how hot its going to be today I will be dry in no time!” The Daughter said lifting the shoe and holding it in the air briefly as the mud and water dripped from the sole before continuing down the pathway.




Tears rolled down Carrie’s face and dripped to the vast flesh that made up the ground below. Still mourning the loss of Sabastian as she sat atop the thigh of the Titan who had devoured him. Aside from occasionally raising her travel mug to her lips to sip her coffee her attention never left the book she held in front of her face. Carrie sat there. Occasionally pounding her fist against the thigh demanding the giant woman return Sabastian to her. She would occasionally look up to the area of the giant’s stomach where Sabastian’s fate rested before feeling sick to her own stomach and having to look away.

“Give him back… please just give him back.” Carrie muttered through teary eyes.

“This isn’t real, this isn’t fair just bring him back! please just bring him back!” She continued to moan to the Titan above who never acknowledged or even noticed her pleas. Its a hopeless cycle. The girl who is much smaller than an ant would never be able to get the attention of the Titan of above. Carrie claws her fingers into the soft and warm flesh once more. Scratch marks trail behind her fingers as she drags them back, still nothing.

“Please…” she mutters one more time, looking up at the vacant expression of the giant woman. Carrie sat backwards completely defeated. Completely out of options, resting on the thigh of a titanic woman what other choice did she have but to give up? She wasn’t given the chance as the ground started to move. The echoing clap of the book slamming shut made her ears ring as the shifting of the giant leg made her lose her balance and start to tumble. The giant women planted her feet into the grass as she pushed backwards pressing her self against the tree, using the force to help pull her self up the tree to a standing position. As the slope the Giant’s thigh increased Carrie started to slide, and then roll. And eventually she entered a free-falling state as the air rushed past her as she quickly descended towards the grounds, screaming the entire way. Carrie slammed into the tongue of the giant sneaker. Thankfully the material was soft enough to break her fall but she did bounce off it and tumble and roll down the fabric slope. She barely had time to reorient herself as the foot started to lift up into the air and the wind rushed past her before quickly slamming back down into the grass. It was like being a rollercoaster, every time the Giant took a step Carrie felt a knot in her stomach as she was pressed into the fabric behind her and then having to hold on tight as to not fly off as the Giant slammed it back down again. Peering up between steps she sees the colossal legs of the women above working. The opposing leg swinging forward as the other shoe sailed past, landing in the grass some distance away crushing all the green blades beneath it with a distant *thud*. Carrie closed her eyes and held on tight as she prepared for the Giant to take another step. Once more being pressed against the material of the shoe as it raised up and the cycle repeated. When the ride finally stopped Carrie opened her eyes to see the back side of another colossal Women sitting in the grass in front of her. The Giant above leaned forward slightly and exchanged some words with the other woman while Carrie down below screamed for help, hoping the one of the two would notice her. No such luck as the second one stood up till she was also towering above her and the giant shoe Carrie was holding onto started to follow the lead of the Gardener’s giant boots. The two Giants walked along and around the garden till they went down a hallway with flowers on either side that were taller than the giants. The air was colder back here compared to the outer yard in the direct sunlight, a chill ran over Carrie as the temperature changed so quickly around her. The sound of grass compressing beneath the Giant’s footfalls was instead replaced by the thumping of bare dirt as they walked the path down towards the seating area. The constant rising and lowering of the shoe was making Carrie light headed and disoriented her stomach was completely tied in a knot and her sense of direction was skewed.

*SPLASH*

Water shot up on either side of the shoe as the Giant came to an abrupt stop. Finally having a moment of respite Carrie staggered and stumbled over to peer over the edge of the shoe. Carrie could have sworn she heard voices calling out and as she peaked over, she saw them standing on the edge of a miniature shore line. Kim and Sabrina were waving to her!

 

"CARRIE! HOLY SHIT!" Kim screamed in excitement.

 

"OH MY GOD THEY GOT YOU TOO?" Sabrina said it out of shock.

 

"Jump! Hurry before she lifts her foot again!" Sabrina yelled, cupping her hands in front of her mouth to direct her voice.

 

Not wasting any time, Carrie backed up from the ledge to give herself a running start. Space was limited on the edge of the shoe, but she tried as best she could, sprinting and hurling herself over the edge. She plunged down towards the puddle below. She splashed down into the water, disappearing under the surface and coming up a few seconds later, waving to the other two girls on the shoreline. She made the right choice, as shortly afterwards the giant sneaker lifted into the air and sailed away through the air down the garden path.




The two women came out into the seating area at the end of the path. The tall flowers wrapped around the fence and across the yard to create a secluded area. The vegetation did a great job of cutting out the noise of the weekend work going on across the neighborhood. The roar of lawnmowers, electric saws, cars on the road and splashing and laughs of people enjoying their pools were all filtered out by the flowers that surrounded this corner of the yard. To cap it all off a beautiful red-leafed Japanese maple tree provided shade from the center of the area. While its self not very tall it provided plenty of headroom beneath its canopy and plenty of shade to shield those beneath it from the Sun’s scorching rays in the Summer. Around the tree were 3 stone benches, one directly in front of the pathway and one on either side of the tree with the back of tree being decorated with some plastic lawn ornaments. The Daughter always felt like she was stepping into her favourite childhood book, “The Secret Garden” when she came back here. She would live out fantasies of adventures and mystery all within the confines of a corner of her parents’ garden. Now as an adult it’s a peaceful place of serenity to escape the colossal crushing struggles of the world that at times can make you feel so small. She stopped for a brief moment taking in a slow, deep breath. All the weight on her shoulders lifting as the earthy smell of plant life filled her nostrils. She walked forward and took a seat next to her mother on the bench as the two started to chat casually about the garden, their family and current status of both of their lives. The conversation was short-lived thought as the daughter tried to hide her surprise from her mother as she felt a buzzing sensation from her pocket. Her phone had received a message and she knew exactly who it would have been from. As if on que from down the pathway the ladies could hear male grunting and clanging and scraping of metal machinery from down the path in the ward beyond.

 

“Ugh, sounds like dad is about to start mowing. Well, there goes our peace and quiet! I’m going to go inside until he is done then. Maybe get something to eat.” The young woman said rolling her eyes and hopping to her feet.

 

“Alright make sure you pick up anything you left out in the grass. Wouldn’t want any of it getting run over” The Gardener said to her daughter who was shuffling backwards towards the pathway. Who with a confirming nod turned and started to make her way down the path.

 

“And please remember to take your shoes off before you enter the house this time!” The Gardener shouted after her daughter!

 

“Well here why don’t I just do it now so its not an issue this time!” The Daughter said practically jumping out of her shoes, with no socks on it made slipping out of them easy. Her bare feet now touching the cool soil below.  She quickly grabbed her shoes and made her way down the pathway her right foot landing directly in the puddle of water that had started to soak into the soil, leaving a muddy mess stuck to her sole when she pulled it free. If anything, the mud felt pretty nice between her toes, a nice contrast to the warm air of the yard outside the Garden. She briefly shot a smirk over her shoulder towards her mother who was shaking her head in disapproval before allowing some giggles to occur. As the Daughter stepped back out into the yard proper and made her way across the lawn towards the house she waved to her father who was cussing at the machine he had dragged out. He gave a quick acknowledgment to his daughter before returning his focus the piece of junk he loathed so much. As the Daughter made her way across the lawn dead grass and other loose material was sticking to her muddy foot while at the same time, she was leaving slight mud prints behind her on the blades of green lawn. While she had other motives for returning to the house it wasn’t entirely untrue that she couldn’t stand the sound of a lawnmower. Stopping by the tree where she started her morning, she grabbed her book and coffee mug from the grass and stepped onto the patio. Setting her things on the brick window sill she grabbed the hose nozzle that hung beneath it and turned the rusty handle that creaked until cold water started to spill from the end. Leaning against the wall to support herself she washed the underside of her foot clean. The loose grass blades, small leaves and remaining mud came loose under the water with ease, revealing the wrinkles of her sole as she flexed her toes and made sure there was no mud hidden between them. Once she was satisfied with her work, she made sure to get the other foot as to not bring and dead grass or leaves into the house. Turning the water flow off She shook the end of the hose and returned it to the hook below the window. Grabbing her things, she opened the back door and stepped into the house as the cool air of the air conditioner wrapped itself around her and embraced her body, heated from the Summer Sun.




The water had mixed in with the dirt on the ground and created a squishy mud puddle. The mud made moving hard for Kim, she struggled to turn her body and it felt like her limbs were going to rip from their joints at times. Looking over her shoulder she saw the colossal Titan of a woman thundering towards her. Her feet slamming into the soil with each step. She entered an almost sort of tunnel vision. The frantic screams of her friends faded as all she could focus in on was the approaching booming and shaking of the Titan’s foot falls. It was as if time slowed down as the foot swung overhead hung in the air. As she stared up at the wrinkles of the giant sole all she could hear was her heart rapidly beating in her chest. Stuck, trapped in the cold mud of a backyard an entire human about to be squished like any other garden bug. The Giantess shifted her weight and the foot started to descend. Kim couldn’t even scream as the colossal wall of flesh pressed her down into the dirt. In an instant everything went dark for her as she felt a chill rush through her body as the mud surrounded her. Immense weight pressing down on her tiny body as she felt the warmth of the titan’s foot on top of her fighting the cold of the mud below her. She couldn’t breathe and her body felt like it would pop like a grape at any second as she felt her self slowly fading away into the darkness.

 

*boom*

 

*THWICK-FWOOSH*

 

Kim was ripped out of the mud as air rushed past her as she felt her self being lifted up in the air. Her vision was blurry as her eyes stung with the mud water. She was stuck to something and it was moving through the air. She tried to move her body but it was still held in place by the think mud so she did the only other thing she could.

 

“HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!” She screamed as she flew through the air. The ride was short lived as she was slammed into the ground at a high speed. She felt winded as she was once more sealed in darkness. Another boom echoed in the distance before she once more was lifted up into the air.

 

"NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" She screamed out as she sailed though the air again. Her brain was going to fast to process what was happening to her as the wind ran through her muddy hair. Again it hung in the air for a brief second before slamming back down into ground. It felt like the hardest gut punch she had ever received.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" All Kim could do was scream. She didn’t know where she was or what was happening to her as she was once more lifted and slammed down again. Trapped in a sick cycle more twisted than her worst nightmares on a roller-coaster horribly out of control. Eventually the ground below her turned green. As she was slammed down again this time she returned to the strong smell of grass and she could see light peaking through in the distance. She rose once more as a blade of grass dangled down close by like a loose tassel at a parade. Kim finally started to understand where she had ended up but she wasn’t able to complete her thought as she again was slammed back into the ground. Only this time she stayed on the ground. The foot rose up with out Kim and sailed away into the distance. Kim wiping her burning eyes looked up through the haze of her vision to see the form of the colossal woman disappear through the canopy of the grass jungle. Just like that the horror show of a rollercoaster was finally over. Tears ran down Kim’s face as she started crying. Again rubbing her eyes that still stung from the muddy water and her nose that was clogged from the pollen Kim remembered why she rarely went outside in the Summer. And there she lay on the ground in the grass jungle, her body was weak and practically broken. No strength and no willpower to move on so she lay there in a muddy and crumpled mess. Shrunken down to the size of an ant by some unknown power and so easily abused by some oblivious Giant after almost being drowned by the stream of a watering can. Kim was done. She lay there in the dirt far below the grass blades like a bug, to drift off into the embrace of death.

The ground started to rumble. By this point Kim was no stranger to earthquakes at this size but this one was different from previous ones. When the giants took a step, the tremors quickly fade before another would come but this one was different. There was no rhythm to it, it was just a steady hum like the ground was vibrating but it was for sure growing in strength a mechanical hum buzzed through the air as Kim’s blood ran cold. The engine viciously roared as it approached. She could see it approaching over the canopy of the grass jungle. An enraged machine sat atop a monumental metallic plateau that was crawling towards her. The earthquake continued to grow as machine roared on Kim’s ears felt like they were bleeding as the metal monster scraped and groaned on its approach. The front rim passed over top of her as the air spun around into a whirl wind! Kim grabbed onto one of the exposed grass roots as she entered the tornado. Loose grass and small bits of dirt flew by battering, bruising and cutting her skin as and debris small or light enough was suck up by the motor. Up above the colossal blade each pass bringing it closer to her hiding spot.

*ZWOO ZWOO ZWOO ZWOO* The Blade spun around cleaving the top of the grass stalks some clean, some jagged ripped apart by duller parts of the blades. Kim couldn’t even hear her self scream as her legs were lifted off the ground. Kim wasn’t sure where this strength was coming from but somehow she was holding onto the grass against the upward pull of the blades motor ready to eviscerate her in an instant. Grass blades slammed into each other around her like cars falling from a bridge as the metal beast above roared out once more. The wheels that moved this monster squeaked like a metallic barn collapsing as the as the beast rolled. Kim’s throat was sore and her mouth most likely bleeding from swallowing coarse dirt in the air that made its way into her mouth as she screamed. The eerie sight above dominated the sky. The bolt head that held the blade in place looked like a giant, peering down at the grass lands below for anything that could make a good meal. Kim’s grip started to loosen. Panicked screaming ensued as she desperately tried to reconnect her hand to the root but her struggle only loosed her remaining grip till she lost that as well. She lifted up into the into the mess of grass blades spinning around and crashing into each other like the most violent alien abduction ever. She could hear the passing blades grow closer as all the tiny girl could do was scream. Suddenly Kim was falling, she bounced off the grass stalks and crashed back down to ground as the Sun light burst outward. Just as she was about to be sucked into the whirling blade of the machined it had passed enough to drop her back down to the ground. Kim puked, having no food in her system she vomited pure bile as her panicked and confused body did whatever it could to fix whatever was wrong with her. Lacerations ran up and down her arms, her lips were bleeding and eyes and nose were swollen, chest was frozen in pain her legs were too weak to stand. Still drowning in the roar of the passing machine her head was still spinning despite all odds some how she had survived being run over with a lawnmower.

 

“HA! H-HOLY SHIT! HAHAHA!” she sputtered insane laughter through a bloody mouth as she looked up at the black sky descending.

*squish*

Kim vanished beneath the hard rubber sole of the mans well worn steel toed boots. Her tiny body was no match for them as she was crushed into paste beneath the Father’s forward step. A patch of viscera remained in the dirt as the boot was raised. Kim’s squashed remains stuck to the tread as the boot sailed away over the lawn before it slammed back down. Green juice of the freshly cut grass staining the sole and her remains as they were overpowered by the lawn. Eventually she would fall loose somewhere, forever lost below the lawn. Having survived so much only to be stamped out like an ordinary insect by an oblivious man as he struggled and grunted against the machine he was using to trim his lawn. Never knowing about the tiny struggles of those below. All the hardship survived only to be ended so quickly. The man paused briefly wiping sweat from his brow before pushing on in the rising Summer heat. Hoping to be done before noon when the Sun would reach its peak. As he went insects and plant life alike were destroyed and crushed beneath him. Completely unaware of the entire world below him and just how fragile it could be. 

Chapter End Notes: