- Text Size +

The Mother leaned forward, the sweet aroma of all her mixed plants filled her nose. All sorts of different sweet, bitter and savory were mixed together in the air. She briefly paused to take it all in, a wonderful feeling of Bliss washed over her and reminded her just how much she loved the feeling of peace her garden brought her. But for the little bugs below peace, it was anything but.

 



                In the dirt at the base of the flower bed, where the lawn ends and garden begins the three shrunken people are still reeling and recovering from their fall after almost being crushed under the oblivious giant woman’s hand. Body’s aching all over and while no bones were broken their spirits certainly were. Staggering to their feet they turn around to see the colossal fingers of the Giant curled inwards digging into the dirt cliff face. The Giant looking over her shoulder as she digs around in her dirty bag of tools as she prepares to start her day of gardening.

 

“We have to get out of here before she tries to squish us again!” Sabrina yelled

 

“Into the flowers, hurry before she sees us and thinks we are bugs!” Piper yelled already running towards them, Kim and Sabrina quickly following behind him.

 

The rattle and scraping of old metal rang out across lawn as the Mother contuined to search in her bag of tools. With one hand she withdrew a trowel and a 3-pronged hand rake. As she pulled her hand back towards her, she loosened her grip on the tools and let the trowel fall into grass. The Giant Woman then leaned forward and started to scratch at the soil with the hand rake to loosen it up. The 3 tiny people in the dirt Watched in horror as the huge metal claw descended down on them.

 

“LOOK OUT!” Sabrina yelled grabbing Kim’s hand and running diagonally from their original direction.

 

The huge metal prong of the rake sliced into the dirt in front of Piper. The Giant hand applied pressure to the handle driving its heads into the dirt with easy. She then pulled her hand backwards towards her self dragging the heads through the dirt along with it. Piper tried to dive out of the way as the flathead on the right of the rake came at him like the front of a ship cutting through water. He was knocked out of the way by the dirt being pushed in front of the rakes head. The rake then violently erupted from the ground and lifted up into the air. Spraying boulder sized chunks of dirt into the surrounding area. Piper who was directly under the rake, the two girls who had run off to the side watched the meteor shower fly up into air and then come crashing back down. Piper dodged left and right as the boulders collided with the ground and shattered around him with each rake pass. Large trenches were torn in the earth by the rake much to large for him to jump over by the Giant Woman leaving him isolated in the middle of dirt patch as the two girls watched from the side under the safety of the flower roots. For the last time the rake retracted as the Giant Woman straighten her back sitting up right. Dropping the rake at her right side and reaching across her body to left to grab the trowel. From below the flower roots the girls cried and called for Piper but they got no response. They couldn’t see him as the rake passes had built a wall of dirt blocking their view of the area he last was. The girls turned their attention back to the Giant Woman as they watched her bring the trowel down to where she had been scratching with the rake. With ease the blade the trowel sliced deep into the earth making a metallic groaning noise as it did. The Giant then applied pressure on the handle pressing down towards her self creating leverage. The earth around the area started to groan, crack and break apart. Large crevices formed as the trowel head pried upwards against the underside of the earth. Piper standing in the center climbed up onto a dirt mound and started waving towards the Giant Woman but she ignored his actions and cries. The ground beneath him fully broke free causing him to tumble back down the mound as he was pinned to the earth by the upwards momentum. The force of the chunk of dirt breaking lose knocked Kim and Sabrina off their feet. Kim landed on her stomach and Sabrina on her back, watching the towel lift into the air. A large creator remained where Piper once stood. Large chunks of dirt falling off the head of the trowel into the bottom of hole, each one causing the ground to rumble with impact.

 

“We-we have to get out of here… Pipers gone we have to leave!” Kim said choking on her words.

 

Sabrina quickly looking at the hand holding trowel, lifting it into the air towards the Giant Woman. With out saying anything she grabbed Kims hand and they turned their back on the Giant running deeper into the flower bed. Leaving behind them the Giant, her trowel full of dirt. And the bug sized Piper standing on top of it. The Giant brought the trowel up Infront of her towards her face stopping roughly the same high at her shoulders. From here she was looking down at the dirt mound resting on its head. Piper stumbled to his feet, the Giants face towering over him once again waving his arms and screaming for the Giant’s attention.

 

“HELP US PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE HELP US!” Piper screamed flailing his arms around him.

 

A small bug caught the Giant’s eye. It looked to be no bigger than an ant and a weird colour scheme. Standing on the top of the dirt pile, its antenna over its head flailing around in the air. Poor thing looked completely lost.

 

“Sorry little guy did I disturb you? Here let me help you.” She said in a motherly coo.

 

The Giants words echoed around Piper as he watched the Giant Woman move her free arm bringing her hand Infront of him. Her three lower fingers curled inwards towards the palm leaving her pointer and thumb out stretched, before they started to close around him. The two fingers closed together trapping him between the tips. Piper found the Woman had applied enough pressure to be able to life him into the air but no where near enough to squish his fragile form.

 

“OH THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU!” Piper cried to his Savior

 

“You have no idea how traumatic the last few hours have bee AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH” Pipers words turned into a rapid and visceral scream as the fingers opened and he entered a free fall.

 

The Gardener picked the bug up from her trowel dropped it between her feet, returning it to the grass lands. Having pretty much forgotten about it immediately she focused back on her trowel. Picking a chunk of dirt up between her fingers she applied pressure until the chunk shattered to dust and sprinkled down into the grass.

 

“To dry…” She said with a bored tinge in her voice.  

 

Piper plummeted towards the earth. The Giants Trowel above getting ever further away as he fell. Landing in the grass in-between the Giants black boots, he hoped the blades would have softened his fall but no such luck. Piper hit the ground and a loud CRACK emanated from his right leg. Pain shot through his body as he rolled around in the dirt screaming in pain. Gritting his teeth and grunting furiously he rolled on his back just intime to see the treads of one of the Woman’s boots soaring over his head. He lay there in agony as he listened to the boot falling in the grass far away, with the other boot lifting and falling not long after. She was leaving he thought through agonized winces. A fever started to develop and sweat started to seep out all over his body as his system started to react to the trauma of the fall. Piper made pitiful attempts to cry for help but most of what escaped his mouth was just large, aggressive expulsions of air. He started to think the fall broke more then his leg. His vision started to swirl as he felt a chill run across his body, snapping him out of his fever. Then he felt the ground start to shake rhythmically, each vibration increasing in intensity until he watched the black boot soar over head. The treads were packed full of dirt and loose grass blades that were smushed to the underside of the rubber sole. The foot landed in the distance the Giant Woman shuffled her feet around in the grass. Her Legs were apart as she was standing directly over Piper. The sounds of water could be heard sloshing around in the metallic watering can she held her left hand, she raised it up to chest height and grabbed the rear handle with her right hand. She pivoted them together to lower the nozzle over the flower bed as the water started to pour from the head on the end of the can and showered the bed of vegetation Infront of her. The sound of the water hitting the peddles of the flower heads and running down the stems, hitting the leaves and soaking into the dry soil was one of the best sounds in the world for the Gardener. For Piper is sounded like standing in the middle of a carwash. The metal can above groaned and creaked as the cold water inside contrasted with the hot air outside. The water its self even at this distance sounded like a dam had burst. The gardener took a step forward to make sure she could reach the back of the flower bed. With one foot She stepped onto the dirt below the edge where the grass ends, as the stream from the can trickled out she brought the other foot forward as well into the small trench. Tossing the watering can aside into the lawn she noticed a small dandelion peaking out between the stems of her flowers. Reaching into her back pocket she withdrew the old and worn grey work gloves and slipped her hands into them. She prepared her self for a day of weeding and soil management; it had been so hot this summer she was surprised anything had grown at all let alone this big!

Still on his back Piper watched as the Giant Woman standing over him started to bend her knees. Her back bent forward slightly and her jean covered butt rapidly approach him. If not for the fact that most of his ribs were shattered, he would have screamed the loudest he ever had in his entire in his entire life, but all that escaped his mouth were a couple bubbles of blood. Slowly, the looming butt above robbed his view of the sky away, casting an eclipsing darkness as if the moon was falling down. The jeans fabric stretched under her massive form causing her butt crack to peak out the top of the waist band. As Her massive frame slowly crashed down onto the earth. The vegetation below was forced to endure a planet's worth of weight: folding along with whatever else was unlucky enough to be caught underneath it. As she settled down onto the smushed fibers of grass below, that unfortunately included Piper. The last thing he saw was the Giant jean covered butt descending. The ground shook and quaked as her cheeks made contact with the earth and she allowed her weight to settle. The rough fabric material pressed down onto Piper as his chest quickly collapsed under the Gardeners weight, followed quickly by his skull. His blood soaked into the threads of the fabric but never made a stain big enough to be noticed. His blood splotch would be covered by dirt patches soon enough and the paste that once resembled his body and then corpse would fall off and be worked into the soil by someone’s oblivious boot or foot to serve as a small amount of nourishment for the giant vegetation that once surrounded him. Just another bug lost in the yard.

 



The Gardener sat back, wiping sweat away from her forehead she admired her work. A large section of the garden was watered and weeded, but she still had so much to do on the outside and had barely started on the inside sections of it. Looking over her shoulder she could see her daughter walking towards her, still no sign of her husband he must have been sleeping in as usual. She needed to plan her gardening around his mowing today and the longer it took the more annoyed with him she became, one thing at a time. For now, she needed to say good morning to her daughter.