- Text Size +

The birth of the day was accompanied by the noisy crowing of the rooster from the house next door. The warm sunlight that filtered through the room was responsible for taking Melissa out of the world of dreams. The sleepy, dark-skinned woman with straight hair opened her eyes, put on her glasses, and got up from the bed.


The day she had been waiting so long for had finally arrived. In two hours would be her admission interview for Yale University. Nothing could go wrong. Everything had to go perfectly. If things went according to plan, she would be studying law next semester with the help of a fat scholarship. She would no longer have to work in that damn office or put up with his boss or the perverts who spent all day looking at his ass. It was the time to change her life.


She tried to get dressed as soon as possible, but when putting on his pants a small inconvenience arose. Her buttocks did not fit inside. The annoying girl tried by all means to get the garment to fit, but it was impossible.


"But I did wear these pants yesterday," she said as she forced the pants.


Melissa was already fed up with the same thing. Every week she had to change her pants size simply because her rear kept growing. Despite being quite slim at the waist, she had some sizable breasts, but nothing compared to the excessive size of her butt and legs.


"Great, I'll have to buy new ones on the way to the interview," she thought with considerable annoyance. She had no choice but to put on some black leggings when she realized that none of her jeans really worked for her.


Going out to the dining room, she bumped into his father, who was having breakfast in silence. The 62-year-old man raised his head and looked at his daughter with contempt.


"Did you finally accept that you're a bitch?" Samuel said.


Melissa stopped for a few seconds. She knew that her father's comments could be as toxic as snake venom, but she hadn't expected him to give her such an acidic welcome.


"I don't have any jeans that fit me," Melissa said quietly.


"If you have such a damn big ass, why don't you go to a club and put it to make some money?!" The weathered man pounded the table with his single fist and met Melissa's eyes. "Do you know how much money we have to spend a week on clothes for you?"


"We have? But I'm the only one working!” Melisa couldn't do anything but feel indignant.


At twenty-two years old, she was the only one who produced money in that humble house. Samuel used to work as a butcher in a local supermarket, until one tragic night he accidentally cut off his left hand. Since then he did nothing but spend his days drinking beer and watching television with his friends. Marcela, Melisa's mother, had been sick in bed for more than six years.


Melissa was forced to mature before her time. On her had fallen the duty of bringing bread to her fractured family. Cleaning shoes, cars and even houses were some of the things he had to do to get by with what little they had. And now her father was coming to claim her for the money that she herself had earned with her own sacrifice. She wanted to confront him, wanted to tell him everything on her mind and let him know that he had no right to speak to her so cruelly, but instead she swallowed her rage and clenched her teeth.


"How's mom doing?" Melissa said in an attempt to change the subject.


"Same as always," Samuel said dryly.


Melissa helped herself to some crackers with cheese and some orange juice and ate in silence with Samuel. Unfortunately for Melisa, she and her father shared several things in common. The shape of the nose, the honey-colored eyes and the deep black color of their hair. She couldn't look in a mirror without seeing him.


After breakfast, she entered her parents' room with the intention of saying good morning to her mother.


"Good morning," Melissa said.


"Good morning my daughter," Marcela replied.


"How are you feeling today?" Melissa asked.


"I'm not going to lie, I haven't felt very…" Marcela couldn't finish speaking due to a sudden coughing fit.


"Calm down, I'll bring you the medicine."


Melisa ran to the little table, poured some syrup into a plastic cup and gave it to her mother. When she was sure that Marcela had stopped coughing, Melisa kissed her forehead and said goodbye.


"See you daughter, that you do well in the interview."


"Thank you very much, Mom."


Melisa left the house, got into her old 2008 Corolla and left to pursue her dreams, not knowing the dark future that awaited her,... and for everyone.



The situation had gotten complicated. Melisa had already visited four clothing stores and could not find a size that fit her in any of them. She had no intention of going in a dress simply because it didn't look professional enough to her. There was barely an hour left for the interview and she was still wearing those annoying leggings that made her the center of attention of the morbid and perverted.


There were only thirty minutes left, but she had made it. At last she had gotten a pair of pants that fit him, not by much and to some extent it was tight, but at least her buttocks were covered. But now another problem had arisen. The car had suddenly turned off. Melisa got out of the vehicle with her heart about to jump out of her chest. She opened the hood and a barrage of black smoke emanated directly from the engine.


"No, please, not today."

"Not now".


The universe and fate had turned against her. Didn't she deserve to go to that university? Would her whole life be full of difficulties and misfortunes?


The car would not cooperate. The only option left for her was to run to the university, even if it meant arriving late, tired and covered in sweat.


"Melisa Bright, you can come in," the interviewer had said more than fifty minutes ago.


By the time the aforementioned managed to reach the building where the interview was taking place, there were no more applicants left. A white-skinned man with gray hair came out of his office to greet her.


"Good morning, young lady. What can I do for you?" There was a hint of haughtiness in the man's voice. Melissa felt that the man's eyes were analyzing her from top to bottom.


"My name is Melissa Bright, I came for the interview," she said with the little breath she had left.


“Your date passed over thirty minutes ago. Responsibility is the first requirement to be part of our institution."


"My car had a breakdown. I had to run more than five kilometers to get here.” She seemed more and more annoyed.


“That doesn't concern me. It was your obligation to be here on time. Try again next year,” the man said without feeling the least bit of empathy.


"Who says so?" Melissa said defiantly.


“Brendan Person, your interviewer. We don't have anything else to talk about. Go away and come back on time next year.”


Melissa couldn't take it anymore. Her patience was reaching its limit.


“My GPA is 96. I've worked too hard to get here."


"Do you want me to call security?" Brendan sneered.


Melissa's animosity reached hellish levels. The stress and fury that coursed through her blood was about to become uncontrollable. Then it happened.


In an impulsive act of anger, Melisa punched the interviewer in the cheek.


"Security! Somebody call security! Take this delinquent away!"


Two tall men dressed as guards appeared and took Melissa by the hands.


"You are a monster! You have no idea what I've been through to get here!" Melissa said.


Brendan got up from the ground and met Melissa's eyes.


“I'll make sure you can't get into any university in the country. People of your ilk are all the same, they've always disgusted me,” Brendan said.


"You racist son of a bitch! You will pay for this! You will see!"


Melissa kept cursing left and right as the guards dragged her toward the exit.



The unfortunate woman walked down the sidewalk with her head down. All her plans had gone to waste. How would she explain what happened to her parents? She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry. Her academic life had died long before it began and there was no way to repair it. She stopped in front of a huge building and let herself be carried away by the turbulent river of her thoughts.Not knowing that a few meters from her a huge force was about to get out of control.


Behind sealed doors built from the hardest titanium, a group of brilliant minds tried to prevent a catastrophe.


"We have to stabilize the core!" Shaun, the head of the team, yelled.


"I am trying!"


The horrifying sound of an alarm resounded throughout the place and a red light pulsed over and over throughout the place. Something had gone terribly wrong with the attempt to recreate the molecular structure of a star. The unstable matter had condensed into a luminous sphere that threatened to explode at any moment.


"We have to go Shaun! We have to evacuate the area!"  Marcus, the deputy director of the project, yelled.


“We don't have time anymore. God forgive us."


Seconds later the core imploded, releasing with it a trail of white light.



Suddenly Melisa felt like a group of eyes rested on her. Turning around she ran into a group of men looking at her from behind, she knew very well what they were doing, they were looking at her butt.


"Leave me alone, please. I'm not in the mood today," Melissa said.


"Why do not you come with us? I'm sure we can make you happy."


"Sure, in bed," one of the stalkers said between laughs.


"With that ass you can satisfy a dozen men. I don't see a problem with us having a little fun."


When Melisa was about to confront them, the building next to them became a gigantic cloud of fire and light that engulfed everything and everyone within a range of two kilometers around.