- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please leave a review and let me know what you think. Second chapter will be up in about an hour or two. 



Jake laid on the couch, sweating in the summer heat with his A/C busted. He had come back home for summer break after his junior year of college. He had been pretty depressed recently, after the breakup with his girlfriend. He knew that breaking up with her was a good thing, she was cruel and manipulative, and he suspected that she wasn't very loyal either. But she was incredibly hot, and he missed that part of her.

Normally he spent his summers at college, working at the rec center, but he wanted to get away for a bit of a break. After his father died, he didn't really like staying at home with his step mother and step sister. His step mother treated him like family, but he always felt like he was an outsider.

He was half paying attention to the TV, as the anchors talked about some new disease that's spreading, with symptoms that resulted in people shrinking a bit. They were even talking about a guy that lost 2 feet in height.

“That sucks.” Jake mumbled to himself.

“What does?” came the voice of his step-sister Mandy, startling him.

“Fuck, dont sneak around like that Mousey.” Jake said, using the nickname she hated. She was a very small girl. Standing only 4’11” tall and with a very slender build. Slim hips and absolutely no bust got her mistaken for a middle schooler on many occasions, despite being 18.

“Don't call me that, Gigantor.” She said, trying to insult him by mocking his 6’5” in height. As if being a big guy was a bad thing. “What did you say sucks?”

“Some new disease that makes people lose height. Some guy lost 2 feet.” Jake said.

“Oh I heard about that. Better be careful, if you get that, i'll be bigger than you!” She said with a grin.

“Ha, I have height to spare. You need to be careful, if you get it, I'll have to carry you around in my pocket.” He joked.

“I don't think so. I heard it only makes guys shrink.” She said tauntingly. “In fact, I heard it makes some women grow bigger boobs!”

“Maybe if you're lucky, you'll get it and finally get to wear a training bra!” Jake taunted back.

“Hey! I wear real bras!” She said defensively.

“For what?” Jake asked.

Mandy just stuck her tongue out at him and walked outside to go sit by the pool. Jake laughed to himself as she walked off. The two had a pretty good relationship. Lots of teasing, but nothing serious.

His stomach growl interrupted his attempt to go back to relaxing, so he went to the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. In the kitchen was his step-mother Cindy, putting away some groceries.

“Oh hey Jake. Looking for something?” She asked in her light, airy voice.

“Just going to make myself a sandwich.” He replied.

“Oh! Have one of these!” She said, reaching into the fridge and pulling out a pre-made peanut butter and jelly sandwich that had the crust pre-cut off. “I saw it at the store today and bought it for you! Remember how you used to hate the crust?”

“Oh, thanks. Yeah, I used to be really picky.” He said taking the sandwich from her. Cindy was kinda ditzy, but had a good heart. Sometimes it was like she forgot he was a grown adult now and did things like this. But she meant well, so he always played along.

She looked like her daughter, but curvier. Wide hips, and an average bust. She treated Jake like her own son, and did a good job raising him after his father died, but, to be blunt, she was kinda stupid. But in a way that made Jake want to protect her from people that tried to take advantage of her lack of intelligence and kind hearted nature.

He put the sandwich in his mouth and walked back to the family room, but was again interrupted by the door bell. He sighed and shouted that he would answer it.

Opening the door, he didn't see anyone until he heard a cough. He looked down and saw a very short amazon delivery driver.

“Oh sorry.” He stammered awkwardly. The guy must have had dwarfism. The man shrugged it off and handed him a package with Mandy’s name on it. Jake thanked him and shut the door.

“Damn, that was awkward.” He mumbled. He felt like such a jerk for looking straight over the guy's head.

He walked the package out to his sister who was sitting on the side of the pool with her feet in the water as she tapped away at her phone.

“Delivery.” He said as he dropped the package next to her.

“Oh, must be the new bathing suit I ordered. Thanks.” She said as she started to tear it open.

Jake went back inside and finally managed to get back to his spot on the couch to waste the day away. 

Chapter End Notes:



Thanks for reading! Dont forget to leave a review if you liked it.