- Text Size +
Friday

Theo listened to his own ragged breaths as he swayed unevenly side to side, the bar crushing down on his shoulders.  170 pounds: he used to be able to squat that much in his sleep.  It’d been manageable even two days ago.  But today it felt like lifting a friggin’ freight train.

He had to stop just five reps in, gasping for breath.  Jen rushed forward.  “Did it…?”  Her gaze flitted keenly, so near his eye level.  “Are you shrinking yet?”

“No!  And quit bugging me about it!”

“But I was just--“

“It’ll happen when it happens.  Back off!”

His daughter shuffled backward, but only a step; understandably so.  Just minutes ago, he’d reiterated the importance of workout safety.  Accidents could happen -- especially with shrinking involved.  And just minutes into the workout, he could already feel it getting ready, like an eggshell about to crack.  One wrong move could trigger it.

“Don’t you have some pushups to do?” he barked testily.

“Huh?  Errr, yeah.”

Damn, but her form was improving.  No more girly knee-on-the-floor pushups for her.  Today her whole body remained ramrod straight through the first pushup, the second …

While she was distracted, he slipped a ten-pound plate off one end of the bar, then the other; set them clandestinely aside as Jen grinded through pushups six, seven, eight …

Son of a--!  She got to eleven before she gave in.  Almost double what she’d done on Wednesday.  And, worse, she hopped up with annoying bubbly enthusiasm, only lightly winded.  Her smile was bright as she hovered close to him again, her hands already out at the ready, as if him needing help were now a foregone conclusion.

But her smug grin melted into surprise as he got underway smoothly, hissing through his teeth with each rep but staying steady, controlled.  Of course, she hadn’t noticed those twenty pounds he’d taken off the bar.

And afterwards… “G-Go do curls or something!”

Jen found herself backing away quickly again.  Dad was still scary when he wanted to be, and she didn’t want to cross him.  But that’s OK, ‘cuz she was honestly dying to put her biceps to the test.  She could feel tight little golf-ball sized muscles already when she flexed, and she bet the ten-pound dumbbells weren’t even enough anymore.

Oof… the fifteen-pounders were heavy!  Too heavy for her.  But even that was OK, because she also already felt that special warmth building inside her again.  That little ball of energy growing in her chest, ready to break free if she tried hard enough!

Dad’s sharp grunt broke her focus.  He was squatting again -- without her help!  She ignored it; just needed a few more curls.  Just … a few … more …!

Shiiiit!”  Theo hadn’t even been pushing all that hard, but the eggshell broke.  He felt his skin tugging against the bar as his shoulders inched narrower, the weight growing heavier and heavier.

Yah!”  Jen yelped in thrill as her final curl sealed the deal.  Energy surged through her limbs, enlivening them like never before -- But just then, Dad bucked sideways, about to collapse!  She threw the dumbbells aside and helped him finagle the bar back in place.  Stepping back, she caught his chest just as he fell forward.

“Oh my god...”  She thought he was crouching down, but he wasn’t.  He was shrinking by the second!  One moment they were eye to eye; the next, she was staring at his eyebrows; and now, the middle of his forehead!



Dad reeled backward.  “Y… You…!”  He retreated, putting distance between them with almost breathless urgency.  Was he afraid of her??  No -- clearly just freaked out.  She couldn’t blame him: it was disorienting, dizzying, to her too.

Jen stepped giddily away from the equipment, feeling her outfit groan.  Her butt felt big!  So did her tits.  She fought the urge to probe them, just kept her hands at her sides, as--

“Is something wrong?”  Elaine’s voice from the stairs surprised Jen, but really startled Dad.

“W…We’re fine!”

“What was all that noise?”

Was it just Jen, or did Dad practically jump out of his skin as Elaine’s legs stepped into view?  “Nothing -- we’re fine!!”  A shrill urgency in his voice, almost, as he practically backed into Jen.  His stance loosened noticeably as Elaine went away, only to jump again as he found Jen behind him!  And as their eyes locked on each other: how very odd it felt, to see her own dad have to look up, wide-eyed, to meet her gaze.

* * *

Blaire cracked up when Jen told her.  “Ohhh yeah.  I know exactly what ‘look in his eyes’ you mean.  The look that says ‘Shit… maybe I gotta be careful what I say around her now…’ “

“What?!  He was just startled.”

“No, he was shakin’ in his boots, thinkin’: ‘How many days before she can kick my ass’!”

“Eeep!  He doesn’t think like that!  He’s a tough guy; he’s my dad!”

“Trust me: someday soon, you’re going to realize you’re not afraid of him anymore.  And, honestly, I think that day should be today.”  Blaire beckoned Jen to follow her into her house.  “Come on.”

Jen may have gained a couple inches but she still practically had to trot to keep up with Blaire’s long strides.  They reached Blaire’s bedroom and stopped beside the bed.  “Here's the outfit I had in mind.”

Jen did a double take.  “For me?”

"Yeah, duh.  It was mine but I stopped wearing it, like, a month ago when I got too big."

Tight pants; leather jacket; a corset!  Jen was already distressed, even before Blaire pulled out a pair of patent leather boots from her closet -- thigh-high boots, with four-inch heels!

“Holy--!”  Jen backed away.  “I shouldn’t even be in the same room as these!  I’m serious!”

“Why?”

“’Cuz my dad will effin’ kill me!”

“No he won’t.”

“How do you know?!”

“For starters: ‘cuz your douchey dad ain’t even here.  And he’s never gonna find out.”

Jen cupped a hand over her mouth.  Just looking at these clothes gave her chills.  Any clothes that were even a little flashy, or made any sort of statement, were a complete “no-no” from Dad.  But these clothes in front of her would make a statement from a mile away!

Blaire rolled her eyes.  “Look, it’s simple: do you want to wear this?”

“Want to?  God yeah!  But--“

“Then you’re wearing it.”  Blaire thrust the clothes into Jen’s arms.  “And that’s final.”

* * *

Oh god oh god oh god oh god!

The clothes fit her well -- amazingly well.  They felt strange, but incredible.  Looked incredible too.  Jen had hardly recognized herself in the mirror, especially with the lip gloss and mascara.  Why had she let Blaire talk her into putting on makeup?!  And the high heels were a struggle; she stumbled every few steps as they approached the big front doors of the school.  Oh my god… am I really doing this?!

Blaire, in contrast, glided smoothly in her heels, looking as striking as ever in her sharply-cut dress.  Every step she took had a confidence Jen could only dream of.

Jen got to the door and froze.  “Seriously: relax,” her friend said.  “Just act cool.”

“My dad’s gonna disown me.”

“Your dad’s an asshole.”

Jen laughed again, nervously. 

Blaire insisted, "Say it."

"What?  I can’t.” 

“Sure you can.  Ass-hole, ass-hole …”

A smile of trepidation broke on Jen’s face.

"Aaaaaass...hole.  Assholeasshole, assy-ass-hole..."

Jen gulped.  “Asshole."  She actually felt woozy.  “My dad’s an … asshole.”

"See?  Wasn’t so hard.”

Wasn’t it?  I feel like I’m gonna puke!

* * *

They were late -- which at least meant the halls were empty.  *click ... clackclick... clack...*  Jen had to grab her friend's arm several times to avoid falling.  Wow, her arm's solid.

"Don’t even look at anyone; just find a spot on the wall and stare at it.  It’s just, like, five steps from the door to your seat, that’s all.”

Jen reached for the door handle … and missed.  Four inches of heels, plus the inch she’d gained that morning -- it made a huge friggin’ difference.  The ceiling looked closer, the lockers were shorter.  And the handles were sooo much lower.

“You got this,” Blaire said, opening it for her and waving her through.

“I got this,” Jen repeated under her breath.  Left foot ... right foot ... Left foot …

"... and most of the world's vanilla comes from Madagascar," Mr. Walker said, pointing to the map projected on the screen, "which is …"  He turned toward the door.  "Can I help y--"

Realization struck, and he blinked in amazement.  The students were equally dumbstruck.  “Is that Spider Girl?” a voice whispered.

Right ... left ... right ... Jen reached her desk and sat down.  No exhale of relief; no smile.  She kept her cool, even crossing her legs and sat with perfect posture, just as planned.

Mr. Walker was still looking at her, but quickly shook his head and rubbed his cheek.  "I was saying, um..."  

"Madagascar," Blaire announced confidently, striking the same pose as Jen several rows down.  As Jen’s emboldening gaze swept to the front, she saw no few students staring in her direction.  Gaping, even.  That included Maggie and Ella, whose razor eyes took in this new upstart with confusion and haughty distrust. 

On a normal day, anything but slouching would prompt Bradley to poke her with the point of his pencil or tug on her hair or mutter something about spiders or twigs or starving children in Africa.  Today, though, she continued to sit bolt upright and proud, and Bradley never said a word.  When she realized this, a small smile finally broke onto her red-glossed lips.

* * *

Ella grabbed Blaire's arm immediately after class.  "What the hell, Blaire?"

“Why her?” chimed Maggie.

"Chill, guys," Blaire shot back. "Jen's alright.  She’s learning.”

“Learning what?  How not to be a dork?”

“Basically.”  Blaire nodded across the room to where Jen -- just as they’d planned -- whirled and glared down at the fat kid behind her; the one who’d been picking on her all summer.  Taunting her, stealing her things, as she took it all like a wimp.  But not today!  The leather-jacketed redhead snatched the pen right out of the boy’s hand then stood in his way and shook her fist, towering above him.  “This is mine!” Jen brayed.  “And so is that eraser!  And that pack of gum!”

Perfect.  Just like they’d rehearsed.  The guy was so taken aback that he just stood there, slack-jawed.

“Give me my shit back in five seconds or I’ll kick your ass!” belted Jen, right on cue.  As her other fist came up, the bewildered bully dug into his bag and hastily returned her things one by one.

“What’s going on over there?” asked Mr. Walker, rising from his desk.

Ugh.  “Heyyyy, Mr. Walker,” Blaire purred, striding past her teacher so close that his chin nearly brushed her arm.  His eyes rested without fail on her tits which hovered damn near his eye level.  “See ya tomorrow,” she chimed back at him, seeing his gaze flit to her ass like always.  So freaking predictable. 

But it distracted him like a charm, just as Jen huffed, “Now beat it, shrimp!”  And just a moment later, Blaire heard a crash behind her.  She turned to find the fat kid sprawled on the floor, face-down!  ‘Ooooh’s and laughter rose from the remaining students as Bradly, red-faced, picked himself up and ran out the room.

Daaaaamn!” Blaire praised, once she and Jen were in the hall.  “I didn’t tell you to trip him!  Nice touch!”

Jen was mortified!  It’d been hard enough to say what Blaire had told her to say, and she’d felt bad already -- even before accidentally tripping Bradley with her foot!  She’d never intended it, and she felt terrible!  But Blaire seemed so pleased.  A grin of acceptance crossed the tall girl’s lips as her arm extended.  And Jen was too shy to speak up, so she guiltily slapped her hand.

“You staged it?” decried beautiful Ella, strutting up.  “You told this dweeb what to say?  And you think that makes her one of us??”

"I thought it was pretty bad-ass," Maggie sheepishly chimed.

Ella turned indignantly.  “What the hell, Maggie?”

"What?  She did it right in front of the class -- with Mr. Walker right there!  I think it took guts."

"I think it's bullshit,” scoffed Ella.

Maggie rolled her eyes.  “Don’t listen to her.  She’s just jealous.”

Blaire grinned.  Jen started to, but tall Ella’s glare wiped it away.  Jen didn’t want to make an enemy here.

"Got a text from Rumi earlier,” Maggie redirected.  “Food, then a movie."

"What movie?" asked Blaire.

"Man Meat."

Blaire exploded in laughter. "Hell yeah!"

Oh geez.  Man Meat was rated R and supposed to be one of the raunchiest, most inappropriate movies yet, in the rapidly-growing genre of 'Prick Flicks' - lewd comedies making fun of men's dwindling stature (and other dwindling attributes), targeted very much for a female audience at men's expense.

“Hey, Jen should come too,” Maggie opined, and Blaire agreed.

"Ugh," said Ella.

"You're outvoted," Blaire ribbed. "Give it up."  She nodded at Jen.  "C'mon."

"Uhh... umm ..."  Amir!  I can't just bail on him!

"It'll be fun," Blaire insisted. 

Jen hesitated.  “OK.”

"Nice.  Let's go."

They weren’t far from her meetup spot with Amir though.  “Could I just take a minute to--“

"What," Ella scoffed, "somewhere more important you gotta be?"

Jen gulped.  Maybe it wasn’t such a big deal.  “No, it’s nothing.”  She’d text Amir when she got to the car.  He’d understand.

* * *

Jen had never felt more badass, walking through the mall with her three new friends.  You could practically hear that song from Kill Bill playing in the air as they strutted their stuff.  And somehow Jen didn’t even trip over her heels along the way…

And then: the movie.  Wow.  Just wow.  "Oh my god, I can't breathe!!" Jen exclaimed, still wheezing as they left the theater.  Her sides were literally aching from two straight hours of laughter.

Maggie laughed just as hard. "They made them all dress as maids!!  In frilly little skirts!!"

"And thongs," Blaire reminded, chuckling nonstop. "With their junk all hanging out!  You can't un-see that!"

"And the size of that strap-on that girl wore!" Tess chimed in.  Another girl in their grade, Tess was a bit shorter than the other three but had curves like crazy.  Another way for Jen to feel inadequate!

"That had to be fake, right?” Jen asked timidly.  “Her, um, you know …”

“Plowing him?  He sure didn't look like he was faking it!" Tess replied, mimicking the male actor's high-pitched wails: "'Oh goddd, my butthole!!'  Owww!!"

The girls laughed hysterically.  Jen joined in, anxiously.  For an eighteen-year-old, she’d seen very little like what she’d seen just now.  Dad was such a scrooge!  So, man, this movie was eye-opening.

The two guys in their group didn’t exactly laugh.  The guy standing closer to Tess was her boyfriend - five and a half feet tall, but absolutely scrawny compared to Tess.  The girl slung her arm around his middle and pressed him right against her broad hip and overflowing bra.  His body seemed to buckle against the size and heft of her assets.  "Don't worry, Wimpy," Tess said, jostling him teasingly, "I wouldn't do that to ya."  She grinned. "I mean, where would I even find a dildo that big?"

"I got a vibrator he can use," Blaire said, with a wink.  "But whether it'll actually fit, though..."

"Guess we'll find out!" Tess replied.  The boys squirmed as the girls roared -- but not Jen.

“You're both kidding, right?" she whispered nervously in Blaire’s ear.

"Yesss, geez!  We like to control guys, not hurt 'em."

" 'Control guys'?  What does that mean?"

Tess overheard this and laughed.  Her toned arm squeezed tighter around her boyfriend’s shoulders, pinning him tightly to her curves.  “Tell her, boo: why don’t you say much?”

The guy blushed and recited, “’Cuz a pretty guy like me should be seen and not heard’."

Jen laughed.  But the guy didn't blink. "Wait ... you're serious?"

"Damn straight!" Tess confirmed.  "All he should be doing is looking good and hanging on my arm, and us girls will handle the other stuff.  You know, the thinking and the talking and the making decisions and all that.”  Tess winked, but … was she serious about that too??

“Enough about your boy-toy, Tess,” Maggie interrupted.  “Let’s talk about Jen and Kyler.”

Jen blinked. "What?  Who??"

"Keep it down!" Maggie teased, nodding back behind them toward ...

"Oh, him?" Jen squeaked.  There was another guy in the group, even more gorgeous than Tess's boyfriend. She'd been way too shy to ask the guy's name, or even hardly look at him, but wow he was hot!  Deep blue eyes, blonde hair ... tall and really in shape …

"Yeah," Maggie said, "you haven't noticed him staring at you?"

"At ME!?"

Her exclamation drew his gaze right now!  Jen's face turned bright red.  She wanted to die! 

"Geez, play it cool!" Maggie insisted, rushing her into the nearest store and laughing.  Jen started laughing too. 

"What's up?" Blaire asked, trailing close behind. 

"Jen and Kyler," Maggie replied. 

"Oh yeah?" Blaire said, smirking. 

"I never said--!"

"You two should totally hook up," Blaire affirmed.

Jen threw her hands up in exasperation.  But then bit her lip.  "Do you really think he likes me?"

"Oh, for sure," Maggie insisted.

"Yeah, I think she's right," Blaire opined, as Kyler's dreamy blue eyes caught Jen's again.

Jen cringed, avoiding eye contact with Kyler, with her friends ... 

"What?" Blaire asked. "You never been with a guy before?"  She watched as Jen’s frown widened.  "Wait -- you haven't?!" Blaire blurted, loud enough for the other group to hear. 

Jen's face had never been redder.  "I-I...well..."

Blaire and Maggie exchanged an incredulous look and a laugh.  "Oh my god," Blaire snorted.  "I've been with...I can't even count how many guys!  Man, you've never...?!"

Did Blaire think less of her now?  Oh crud!

"It's fine," Maggie insisted, clutching Jen's arm again. "We all gotta start sometime!  So here's what you do..."  She whispered in Jen's ear.

Jen gasped.  Call him out; pull him aside; kiss him?!  “I can’t do that!”

"Oh, come onnnn," Blaire coaxed.  "Don't be a wimp!  Just do it."

"Hey,” said Maggie more nicely, “it's like with that chubby kid in class today - you prolly didn't think you could do that either, right?"

"Well … no."

"So think of this like that, but better!  It'll feel so good.  And Kyler wants you to."

Jen blinked her big round eyes.  "He wants me to just go up to him and...?"

"Yessss!" Blaire chimed, in exasperation. "He's just like Tess's boyfriend.  He wants you to make the move.  That’s what guys expect now: the girl to take charge.”

“And kissing him doesn’t mean you’re dating or whatever.  Think of it like a ‘test drive’.  Girls do it all the time.”

“But… But…”

It took practically a shove from Blaire and another nod from Maggie to get Jen moving.  Straightening her skin-tight top, Jen took a nervous breath and hesitantly clunked forward in her super high heels.  She felt more awkward and ungainly than ever as she approached the rest of their group hanging out nearby.  Tess had her hands draped all over her boyfriend, almost lewdly, amidst a spirited discussion with Ella.  The boys stood silently beside, looking up at the girls.  Including Kyler.  Oh geez…

The girls fell silent as Jen came up.  "What's up?" asked Tess.

Jen's eyes were locked on Kyler though.  He was even more gorgeous the closer she got.  Her heart pounded faster and faster.  She almost bailed, but it was now or never.  She stepped between Tess and Ella, coming right up to him.  His eyes were shockingly blue; his features severely sharp, beautiful; his gaze piercingly intense.  But somehow, impossibly, Jen still managed to look him up and down then say the exact words Maggie had suggested.  "You -- come with me."

Where did she get the confidence for it?!  Her friends, and the movie, it must be rubbing off on her.  But she must have been speaking the right language, because Kyler’s brows hiked up but he didn’t look away.  In fact, he seemed to stare up at her receptively, expectantly.

Oh geez!  Trying not to hyperventilate, she did the next thing Maggie told her: she swiveled on her heels and started to the left.  And -- holy fudge -- he walked at her side!  He kept his gaze forward, though his eyes seemed to tighten visibly with anticipation.  It was a miracle Jen didn't stumble as she led him aside near the vending machines then swiveled toward him.  Holy crud, holy crud, holy CRUD!!  This was going way too fast for her, but she didn’t want to seem lame.  All her friends were watching.  Even Kyler seemed eager for her to make her move.

But…  I can’t!  “I don’t even know you!” she hissed.  The guy blinked in surprise.  Over his shoulder, she saw her friends started to frown in impatience.  They’d be so disappointed in her, but she’d never kissed any guy before, much less one she didn’t know!  So after fidgeting awkwardly, she started past him and--

Ack!  The toe of her left shoe clipped the heel of the other and she stumbled forward!  Her hands shot out accidentally to Kyler’s chest and, by pure chance, her lips collided right against his!

Jen panicked, recoiling; but … but the feeling was so electric!  His chest felt good; his lips felt even better.  As she hesitated, she got lost in his pretty blue eyes shining with desire.  Soon, adrenaline took over; on pure impulse, their lips met again, and then a third time … Oh wowww … oh wow oh wow oh--

She gasped.  That… That was his tongue!  It was too much!  “No,” she blurted, lurching back, her head spinning.  Confused and desirous, Kyler leaned in to try again -- but her hands pushed on his chest, and the word that blurted out of her mouth next was: “Bad!”

What?  What did she just say?!  She realized: she was mimicking the movie.  Whenever a guy tried to take charge, the women would inevitably say ‘Bad boy’ or some such.  Eek!  But Jen didn’t mean to say that out loud!

And yet, somehow Kyler didn’t get upset.  In fact, just like those guys in the movie, he almost seemed … excited.  Jen’s mind reeled.  This was getting out of hand!  She walked away abruptly so she couldn’t say -- or do -- anything more crazy.

“What was that?” Ella scoffed, as she drew nearer.

Jen staved off a cringe as she saw her friends’ dubious expressions.  Apparently a couple simple kisses weren’t enough by their standards.  She thought fast -- and of course her mind drew on the movie again for inspiration, almost word-for-word: “Uh … I decide how fast we go.  H-He’ll just have to deal with it.”

It seemed she’d found the magic words.  Maggie, Tess, Blaire -- they all lit up with grins.  “Showin’ him who’s boss already, huh?” laughed Tess.

“Told ya she’d fit right in,” said Blaire, seeming pleased with her protégé once more.  She pointed at Kyler as he came up beside Jen.  “So he passed the ‘test run’, then?  He’s off-limits?”

Normally Jen could only dream of being with a guy like Kyler!  And now… she could just ‘claim’ him just like that??  ‘Holy crap yes!’ was what she wanted to shout.  It took everything she had to stay coy and cool, knowing this was what they’d expect. “Umm…”  She shrugged her leather jacketed shoulders.  “Whatever.  I guess we’ll see.”

Tess smirked and Maggie stifled a laugh. "Nice.”

On their way to the ice cream shop, Tess with her arm around her boyfriend asked Jen, “You comin’ to my party?”

"Huh?  Party?"

"Yeah.  My place tonight.  Parents are out of town."

"Oh!”  She’d never been invited to a real party before.  “Um …*cough* … maybe…"

“What, you gotta get your Dad’s permission?”

“No!” Jen lied.  “I just, uh, had other plans already.”  Another lie.  “We’ll see.”

As soon as she had a chance, she texted Dad; told him it was just a small ‘get-together’.  Much safer.  Still, she was surprised when Dad actually said yes!

She caught up to Tess again.  “I’m in!”

“Cool.”

Her heart raced as she noticed Kyler slowly drifting in her direction.  “So…” the beautiful guy said up to her, “what time are you showing up?”

He’s coming too??  Eeep!  She fought to control her breath.  Play it cool, Jen!  “Uh… dunno.  Guess we’ll see.”

Kyler nodded.  “I’ll see you then.”  Their gazes locked for a heart-rending moment.

“Mmph,” Jen replied noncommittally, belying the fervor raging in her mind.  She strode onward, outwardly calm.  It was like a superpower at this point.  How had she not melted into the floor by now?  Ohhh man.  She couldn’t wait.

* * *

Kyler … Her friends … Kyler … The party … Kyler!

Stuck in a daydream, Jen floated across her house and towards her room … until Dad appeared.

Whoa.

She heard him gasp.

He’s so short!  She watched his mouth fall open.  How is he such a midget!?

"Jen Elizabeth Atwater … what the HELL are you wearing?!”

It hit her like a lightning bolt: she was still wearing Blaire’s outfit!  The corset, the jacket, the heels!  Her mind had been elsewhere, and she forgot to--

“Young lady, answer me!”

His bellow made her flinch -- but less than normal.  Something felt different now.

“If you don’t speak up in three, two, one …!”

“I’m wearing what I want to wear!!”

Holy crud.  She couldn’t believe she just said that.  And neither could Dad.  “Jen--“

“Stop telling me how to dress!”

Yagh!  She spun and high-tailed it to her bedroom before Dad could react.  Or before she had a chance to faint, whichever came first.  She slammed her door frightfully and slumped against it, hyperventilating in the restrictive confines of her corset.

Theo stared in disbelief as the suddenly brazen teen tromped into her room.  Where on earth had this come from?  What the hell was happening?!  He was at her door a minute later, pounding on it.  “Jen, get out here this instant!”

He should have specified: Change outfits first.  When she emerged, she still loomed almost a full head above him.  And still in black leather, and that corset!  And not only that, but her powdered cheeks hardly twitched and her mascaraed eyes hardly flinched as they turned downward to meet his gaze.  Criminy, he hardly recognized her!

“Wh… Where did you get these clothes?!”  *cough* “Doesn’t matter.  You’re never wearing anything like this ever again -- do you hear me??”

He waited for her to cower, to quake in fright … but she didn’t.  She looked down at him stoically, unflinching.  What?  How?!  He repeated his words, and received the same unnervingly steady stare.  Her innate fear of him was the underpinning of his entire authoritative style.  If that was eroding …

“Fine.”  Rarely did he have to go this far, but he had no choice.  “You’re grounded.  And that thing tonight?  You’re not going.”

Aha!  The tall girl gasped.  Her face contorted; the façade crumbled.  “The party?  But I promised my friends--“

“Oh, so it’s a party now?  You lied, did you?!”

“But--“

“I don’t want to hear it, young lady.  I’m too ticked off!  You’re staying in your room tonight, and we’ll discuss this tomorrow!”

Jen’s spirits plummeted as her tyrannical father stormed away.  She’d held it together so well at first.  Barely, but she had.  It’d have made her new friends proud.  … Until it all fell crumbling apart.

This is so unfair!

* * *

What had Blaire said?  ‘You gotta stand up to him sooner or later.’  Otherwise she’d have to live by his awful rules forever!

Wait -- no.  Am I nuts?!

She waffled back and forth for forever, until finally the evening came and she … just … did the unthinkable.  Her heart pounded as she put the outfit back on.  Her hands trembled as she laced the boots.  Gingerly she crept across the house, keeping to the shadows.  Was she really doing this??

Well, too late now.  The unexpected sounds of Dad behind her meant there was no turning back.  The thuds of her heels on carpet gave way to loud clacks across the tile as she accelerated across the kitchen.  Dad’s profane exclamation rang out just as she made it through the door.  She yelped in fright and practically ran in her heels to her car.  And she couldn’t bear to look back.

Theo yelled another expletive as his leather-jacketed daughter peeled out down the driveway.  He watched in disbelief as the car vanished down the road.  This was the kind of scandalous behavior that other parents had to deal with, but never Theo!  He didn’t think he ever would.  Lord, but why is she starting now, of all times?!

His calls went straight to voicemail, of course.  So he just stayed home.  And raged.  She would not get off lightly for this!  Oh, no, she would not!

* * *

Theo hadn’t stopped shouting expletives until well after Jen’s car was gone.  Even back in the house, he kept fuming under his breath.  An hour later, he was still ticked about it, but he put it out of mind as Elaine’s car rolled into the driveway, just after 10 PM.  Well… at least now they had the house to themselves.  Good, because he badly needed to let off some steam.

In the garage, Elaine paused.  Lord, her heart was still fluttering like a schoolgirl’s.  Donovan had suggested a tequila bar, of all places, to supposedly talk business ahead of next week’s trip.  But the way the burly stud had looked at her all night -- even with their coworkers around! -- spoke much more of pleasure than of business.  So brash, so brazen.  Perhaps she wasn’t surprised when, after the others had left, he’d wasted no time placing a hand atop hers and insinuating that a little salsa dancing never hurt anyone.  Oh, but he was talented on the dance floor.  Smooth, fluid, physical.   You can’t imagine how fucking good it felt, to lay hands on real arms and real muscles once again; to finally look up at a man’s smoldering eyes, not down.  How many songs did they end up dancing through?  Her skin still tingled from the feel of his body pressed against hers.  And god, the feel of his hard cock brushed up against her inner thigh, amidst the throes of dancing.  Surely no accident, either.

Fucking hell, she was horny!  More than she’d been in a long, long time.  Her hand drifted between her legs, playing with her clit through the thin fabric of her skirt.  Getting herself even more worked up, imagining the thrill of being with a real man once again.

Damn it -- but she couldn’t stay in the garage much longer.  Her boyfriend -- for now -- could barge in at any moment.  Ugh… why was she still with Theo?  Maybe it was the booze, or that evening’s events, but she couldn’t honestly come up with a single reason why.  The dwindling man was becoming much more hassle than he was worth.

*Snort* At least there was some comedic value to him.  He looked tiny, as she walked in.  Lord, he must’ve shrunk two more inches since this morning!  And to think, just a few days ago, she’d let him have sex with her.  Him -- this midget!

“What’s so funny?”

Uck.  Even his voice had risen in pitch.  So far from the deep, husky tones of Donovan whispering in her ear.

“Have you been drinking??” the diminished man demanded, daring to raise his voice.

Pfff.  Not enough, trust me.”  He gave her a quizzical look as she set down her purse and looked him up and down.  Nope … no attraction.  Or none worth speaking about.  Although, then again … “Fine,” she sighed.  “You’ll do, I suppose.”

“Do what?  Elaine, why are--“

“Shh.  Less talk-y.  More walk-y.”  She strode past him and beckoned.  “C’mon, already.”

She sighed again as she entered their bedroom.  This may be a mistake … but she was randy as all hell, so something had to be done.

He came in some ten seconds later with plenty of questions on his lips, but she had no intention of letting him ask them.  A dedicated tug on his slim forearm accelerated him through the room and onto the bed.  She didn’t know he’d be that lightweight!

“What the--!?”

“Oh, shut it.”  She pounced on him, pinning his shoulders to the mattress and clamping her knees to his hips.  It was something of a marvel for her to watch him squirm, watch him honestly try to break free.  Weighing probably half again what he did now, all she had to do was lean her weight into him and let gravity do the rest.  It was basically that easy.

“We can see where this is going,” she huffed.  “I’m going to ask you to go down on me.  You’re going to ask if we can bang instead, like old times.  I’m going to say no.  So can we just skip past all that?  We both know you’re going to end up between my legs either way.”

Oh, he didn’t like that.  Protesting, squirming … “Says who?!”

“Me.”

He was wearing himself out, trying to get free.  “Who says I’m even up for anything anyway?” he grunted.

“Clearly you are.”  She looked pointedly at the twitching bulge in the front of his pants.  It’d been that way this whole time.  Almost like he enjoyed being pinned.  She rolled her eyes in sharp distaste.

He wore himself out a little more before falling flat.  “I’ll do it,” he caved, “a-as long as--“

“Ohhh no.  You’re in no position to negotiate, little man.”

‘Little man’?!  Theo hardly had a chance to gasp before his girlfriend rolled aside and pushed him off the bed.  He started to rise but she pressed down and dropped him to his knees.  Her panties came off and now her legs spread wide, her pussy waiting for him as she sat at the edge of the bed.

Now, please!” barked Elaine, as she might to a wayward subordinate at work.  When had she gotten so bossy?  More confusingly: why was it making him so hard??

Getting fed up, Elaine grabbed a handful of hair and pulled him closer.  Why couldn’t he just accept this already?  Didn’t he know this was all he was good for, anymore? 

Mmmmm.”  He ducked under her skirt and got off to a good start.  He’d definitely done his homework; his tongue knew what to do, much better than last time.  She exhaled, propped her arms on the bed, let the pleasure wash over her in waves.  Leaning her head back, she closed her eyes and imagined him in the room with her.  Donovan.  Pictured him and his rippling chest, hovering over her.  That cocky grin flashing on his lips before he bent down and kissed her, fondled her, penetrated her.  Ohhh, if only he were here right now.  The things she’d do to him … or let him do to her …

Ugh.  Theo’s ministrations were straying off the mark.  “Higher,” she gruffed.  He found her clit again, but too timidly.  “Faster … Get in there!”

His efforts improved, freeing her mind to drift again, her body breaking into a sweat, her lips parting in a steady pant as she thought of what Donovan and that stiff cock of his would be capable of.  Fuuuuck, she wanted him bad.  Imagine if she’d gone home with him tonight instead.  She could have.  Should have.  Mmmmm… she felt her legs clamping down in a spasm of desire.  And another.  And another.  How long did this go on?  She lost track; but eventually her moans grew into sharp cries of ecstasy and her body shook and shuddered.  “Oh fuuuuck yesss,” she breathlessly hummed, slowly descending from orgasmic bliss.  “Fuck yessss … Oh, Donovan …”

The coughing and wheezing between her legs drew her attention downward.  Her ex-lover’s mouth was slick and wet; his entire face was red, even his ears.  Had she clamped down too hard?  Harder than he could handle?  He seemed almost stunned; dizzy.  Or was it the ‘Donovan’ part -- had he heard that?

Regardless, she found she didn’t care.  She’d used him tonight; but with any luck, she wouldn’t need to anymore.  She had a whole week with Donovan ahead, on their trip out of town.  Damned if she was going to waste it.  And good timing, frankly -- what better excuse to finally call off this sham relationship with Theo.  Really, it’d been a long time coming.

But all that could wait till morning.  She got up, washed off in the bathroom, then came straight back to bed.  She pretended not to see the needful look in his eyes as she rolled over and shut off the bedside light.  “Good night,” she said simply, then let her thoughts drift again, blissfully, to the week ahead.