- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hi guys!  Hard to believe, but today marks ten whoppin’ years since my first-ever story post.  And what better way to mark this occasion than by posting again?

I’ve got a good bit of the first draft written, though there’s a number of changes/additions I’d like to make along the way.  Life’s been keeping me busy, but I’m hoping to put up about two chapters per month until I get through what I’ve written so far which is basically “Part 1” of the story.  Eventually I’ll probably need to step back for a bit to write out the rest of the story (but that won’t be for a while).

Just want to say, looking back on Camilla, I feel really bad about setting up certain reader expectations there then veering sharply/unpredictably into much darker territory, causing some very understandable frustration.   This new story is definitely lighter in tone and more grounded than Camilla and previous stories I’ve written, so if you were turned off by those stories I’d say it’d still be worth giving this one a shot.

Alright… I’m pretty jazzed to be posting again.  Hope y’all enjoy!


Theo clasped hands with Chad in a manly bro-shake.  “What’s up,” he chimed in his confident baritone.

“ ‘Sup,” Chad replied.

Theo glanced at the clock.  “Early as usual.  Good man.  I marked a couple extra tasks for you to complete before closing.”

Chad scanned the clipboard Theo handed him.  He nodded.  “You got it.”

Theo rapped his knuckles on the counter.  “If you’ve got things under control here, I’ll hit the weights.”

“Sure.  You’re the boss.”

Yes he was.  First in command; head of this branch.  Trusted enough by Corporate to basically run things however he saw fit.  Not bad, for having moved here just two years prior.

Handing over the keys to Chad, he rubbed his hands together and looked out across the gym floor.  There was a respectable number of clients in the gym right now, but a set of free weights was available.  He happened to move toward it at the same time as a customer.  The man, a wiry 5’10” or less, took one look at Theo’s 6’6” frame and his layer upon layer of muscle; and, like a skittish doe, he quickly averted his gaze and veered right, pretending he’d been heading for the situp bench all along.  Pfft.  This was exactly the sort of beta-male behavior that irritated Theo.  Not every man was a Theo; but still, have some self-respect!

Loud, punchy music filled the room as he crossed over to the weights then, with a smirk, took off his shirt and his work pants covering his athletic shorts beneath.  As he got into it with a tough set of arm curls, it was no surprise when one of the two ladies nearby slapped her friend on the arm and nodded in his direction.  Exchanging coquettish laughs and knowing smiles, they sauntered forth for a better view, their smoldering eyes settling on his rippling chest.

These two had been here before – coming just to watch him, for all he knew.  They wouldn’t have been the first.  He tacked some additional plates then, throwing some powder onto his hands, he took his stance, heaved the heavy bar off the floor, and thrust it up to his shoulders.

The ladies murmured in approval.  A few other pairs of eyes around the gym turned to watch, as moments later he piled on another hundred pounds on each side.  “Holy hell,” he heard a guy to his left mutter, in reaction to Theo’s 490 pound deadlift.

A smirk crossed Theo’s lips as he glided through one workout and another with methodical rhythm.  This was his Zen; his most natural state.  The poised thrill of being completely in his element.

Minutes later, wiping the sweat from his brow, he tossed the towel aside and strutted past the two babes still watching with close intent.  “Ladies,” his smooth baritone voice hummed, making them practically purr with pleasure.


“Heyyy, Theo,” said the blonde, slinking toward him.  “I’m Julie.”  Damn—she was tall, for a woman.  5’10”, maybe 5’11”?  Strap some heels on her, and he wouldn’t even have to stoop to take her breath away with a kiss.  Taller women always held a special fascination for him.  They seemed more of a challenge; less overawed by his size.  Making him work a little harder to get them.  And the reward, in his experience, was very much worth the effort.

“And I’m Zoe,” the brunette next to her chimed.  Mmm, but the petite ones had so much to offer too.  The wide-eyed excitement in her gaze, the twitch of her lips as they curled into a hopeful, eager smile.  He could almost hear her breathless moans already…

His brow arched cockily.  “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“We hear you’re quite the personal trainer,” Julie purred.

Ah.  “I am,” he smoothly affirmed.  He stretched his arms behind his head, well aware of the ladies’ gaze.  Although running the gym occupied much of his time nowadays, he still lent his long-honed trainer expertise now and then—if the pay was right.

The blonde continued, “We were wondering if you’d like to … train … us.”  She batted her eyes up at him.  “Personally.”

He laughed.  Women weren’t often this forward.

“It’ll be fun,” Zoe chimed sultrily, resting her hand on his arm.

Theo smiled smoothly.  “What would my girlfriend say, ladies?”

“She doesn’t have to know,” Zoe purred.

Hmph.  He knew his boundaries.  That didn’t mean he couldn’t have a little more fun, though.  Swiftly he wrapped his arms around the two ladies’ slender waists and lifted him easily off the ground in tandem.  They both yelped in surprise and grinned broadly.

“Tempting,” he said to them, “believe me.  But I must decline.”

He set them down by the front desk, amidst their disappointed sighs.  “Have a good day, ladies,” he told them—chuckling not because he enjoyed letting ladies down, but because he had something even better waiting for him back home.

* * *

Elaine, as usual, went off on him like a firecracker the moment he stepped in the door.  “What the hell, Theo?  I asked you to take a load down to the recycling center today.  Look at all this crap piling up!”

Theo cracked an amused smile.  “You moved in just two weeks ago, and already you’re trying to run things around here.”

“I—“

“Take it easy,” he quipped.  “No need to blow a fuse over it.”

“Excuse me!?” the petite brunette roared up at him, small hands on her bony hips.  He started past her, and she punched his arm as hard as she could—simply to get his attention.  “Don’t blow me off!” she steamed.  “You didn’t help clean up, either!  I can’t do everything around here!”

“Can’t you ask Jen to help more?” he replied rationally.

The little pixie threw her hands in the air.  “She’s not my daughter!  And you know damned well that’s not the point!!  I had a hard day at work, and people gave me crap all afternoon, and now I come home and—“

He took his shirt off, revealing a sea of glistening muscle.

“And…” Elaine said slowly, her eyes drifting down.  She snapped out of it and glared up at him.  “What do you think you’re doing?” she demanded.

“What?  I’m still a little sweaty from work.”  He made sure to flex as he tossed the damp shirt aside and turned to her.

“That’s … hey … stop that,” she protested, eyes gravitating to his muscles.

“Hmph.”  He shrugged and drew closer, propping his hand on the wall above her head as he leaned over her.  “Is there a problem?” he asked cockily.

Her face flushed.  “I hate when you do this.”  Her eyes flitted down to his six pack, then his pecs.

“Do what?” he teased.

“Screw you,” she said, then sighed.

Theo drew his head down closer to her.  “Baby, we got the house to ourselves for another hour.  You really wanna waste it talking?”

She bit her lip.  “I hate you,” she reiterated, half-heartedly.  As he brought his lips closer to hers, she put her hand up.  “This isn’t over,” she insisted.  “Afterwards, we’re still—“

His hand ran through her hair, making her sigh softly.

“We’re still … going to … talk about …”

Her voice gave out as her hulking husband cupped his hand behind her head and effortlessly pulled her forward.  He bent and kissed her deeply, expertly.  A flood of desire took hold, but her hand on his solid chest convinced him to pause.

“Wait,” she said breathily.  “Bedroom.  Five minutes.”

“Or I could have you now,” he deeply hummed.

Elaine bit her lip and slipped away, looking back at him briefly.  “Two minutes,” she conceded, before flitting into the bedroom.


She was still readying herself when her boyfriend barged in right at the appointed time.  One look at her in her sheer lingerie set his eyes aflame.  He gazed greedily, admiringly, then swiftly closed the distance and swept her high off the floor.

Elaine’s heart fluttered.  There was no feeling in the world like it: being completely under his power, helpless to his whims.  All the strength in her body could hardly have budged even one finger of her grip … Not that she wanted him to.  She loved everything he did.  Every—

She yelped as he spun toward the bed and flung her savagely onto it.  Her pupils narrowed and she clutched the bed in anticipation, instinctively spreading her legs as Theo descended onto her.  His hand crashing down beside her sent shockwaves through the mattress; she gasped as his free hand roamed her leg, her torso, her breast.  So coarse and rugged was his skin, yet so gentle and expert his touch.  Confident.  Possessive.


He yanked her hair back, making her gasp in excited fright.  He kissed her deeply, stoking her passions, spurring her to unfasten his belt with frantic haste.  Soon his pants came free, and the sight of his rigid pole set her aflame with breathless awe.  A familiar, irrepressible anxiety took hold of Elaine as his beautiful cock lowered toward her, the tip of it toying with her swollen clit.  Her fingers clutched the sheets already, bracing.  He wouldn’t possibly fit inside her!  She always felt that way at first; and yet--

Her cry pierced the air as even his initial probe filled her as much as she could take.  And when he pressed even deeper…

Theo smiled ravenously as his lover threw her head back and shrieked again in passion.  Many a woman had Theo conquered; and many more, after he moved on from Elaine.  All had been awed by him in their own way.  But none were quite so awed, so overwhelmed, as the petite ones.  Like Elaine.  The ones who quaked in his presence and held on for dear life, utterly enraptured, as he had his way.  Such a thrill it was, to see that look in her eyes.  Something he could never live without.

His every thrust commanded her response--each one shriller than the last.  Her head rolled back and her toes curled, as a wicked smile played across his lips.

* * *

Theo breathed deeply, a satisfied smile on his face as he gazed at his lover’s disheveled hair and flushed red cheeks.  She clutched the bedsheets, then his arm, sighing.  “We should get dressed,” she finally gathered the will to say.

Theo grunted in reluctant agreement.  His daughter, Jen, would be home from her track and field practice at any moment.  Getting dressed, he picked up his phone—and found an unusual news alert.

“Theo?”

He frowned and turned on the TV.

… not a hoax.  The World Health Organization has confirmed: inexplicable and rapid height loss in adult men; height gain in adult women--often several inches in just the last few weeks, with additional change in body mass as well.”

“What in the…?”

“Scientists have yet to identify the cause of what has been so far been dubbed the Emerging Gender-Specific Auxological Disorder.”

“EGAD.”

“EGAD, indeed.”

Elaine's eyes were wide.  “Growing?  Shrinking?  But that’s impossible,” uttered Elaine.

Theo said nothing and turned up the volume.

* * *

Three Months Later

Theo looked up to find Chad walking into the gym, fresh off a two-month vacation to visit family.  Seeing him now, it was hard not to cringe.

“Chad … what’s up?” Theo greeted, trying to sound normal.

“Everything,” his coworker replied dourly.  “Everything is ‘up’.”  He tilted his head up toward Theo pointedly.  “Lucky you.”

Ouch.  “I’m dropping too,” Theo pointed out.  “Four inches, since you last saw me.”

“A half foot, for me.”  Chad shook his head.  “Half a freaking foot.”

So they were both unlucky, then.  Or unluckier than most.  Three inches was about the average; but some men had hardly shrunk at all, while others had shrunk six inches, eight inches…

“Probably just means you’ll stop shrinking sooner,” Theo opined.

Chad scoffed.  Yes, doctors believed the changes would stop eventually—but when?  And how small would men get?  No one knew.

Theo tried to ask about Chad’s vacation, but Chad didn’t bite.  After sulking a bit, though, he spoke up.  “Where the hell is everybody?  It’s usually packed this time of day.”

Yeah… “We’ve lost customers,” Theo admitted.  “Lots of them.”

Chad frowned.  “Shouldn’t guys be working out harder than ever?”

“They were, for a while.  But I guess they gave up.”

“Gave up?!”  Chad banged his fist on the counter.  “Cowards.”

Theo grunted in agreement.  It was demoralizing to lift weights every day but still lose muscle mass.  Theo had stuck with it ferociously.  Chad no doubt had too –although, geez, he looked soft.

“I mean, what is this?” Chad fumed.  “There’s as many girls lifting weights as guys!”

Indeed, about a half dozen of each.  Pretty typical nowadays: oftentimes women who once frequented the ellipticals were as likely now to be found with their hands wrapped around barbells.  And many of the men, perhaps in self-consciousness or wounded pride, steered increasingly away from the clang and clamor of weights in favor of the calmer privacy of treadmills and stationary bikes.

At least, that was Theo’s theory.  And really, most patrons got along just fine.  Generally, civility reigned.  Except for a few bad seeds who…

“Oh hell.”

Chad jerked his head and was just about to ask—when the front doors slammed open.  “HELLO, BOYS!!” a deep female voice called.

“MISS US??” another chimed.

Theo cursed under his breath as the two thick, athletic women strolling in like they owned the place.

“Howdy, fellas,” the bigger of the two blathered, sizing Theo up as she sauntered past.  “Got you by, what, two inches now?”

Theo felt a now all too familiar tingle down his spine.  It’d been a month ago, the first time he’d ever seen a woman taller than him.  The sight of it still felt so strange.  Confusing.  Uncanny.  It left even proud Theo speechless for a moment before he composed himself.  “Ronda,” he replied frigidly.  “Lynn.”

The other woman, barely any shorter, shot him a cocky wink before her gaze swept across the floor.  “Any of you boys wanna help with some workouts?  Hmm?!?”

Lynn laughed.  “Or maybe stand back and watch – wouldn’t want you lil’ guys to strain yourselves!”

Theo watched Chad’s eyes enflame; and before he could stop him, his coworker stormed out from the desk to intercept them.  “Hey!  Watch your tone!” Chad barked.  But as the two ladies approached him, stopping just inches away, he appeared to realize his miscalculation.

“’Watch our tone’?” Lynn scoffed, as her chin hovered just higher than the top of Chad’s head.

The even taller Ronda snorted.  “You new here, short stuff?”

Chad’s jaw worked up and down, flustered by how close these two had planted themselves; by how thick their torsos were and how meaty their arms.  They must have each had, what, eighty pounds on him?  And it certainly wasn’t flab.

“I’ve worked here for two years,” Chad countered staunchly.  “But if you keep that attitude up, you won’t be allowed in here for another two seconds.”

Ronda’s brows rose comically.  “Take it easy, fella!  We’re just havin’ fun.”

“Here,” said Lynn, reaching for the rack nearby.  “We’ll get right to our workout, hon, if you could help carry this?”  She dropped a 45-pound plate into his hands.  “And this?”  A second one.  “Aaand…”

“That’s enough!” Theo barked, as the third plate clanked down and nearly toppled the struggling Chad over!  His body stooped; his arms shook... until Ronda swooped in.

Tsk… Lynn, you know that’s too much for him to handle,” the woman chortled, her biceps bunching but not shaking as she carried them away.

Theo clenched his fists.  “You ladies—!“

“We’ll be good, stud!” Lynn called back at him with a flippant wave.

Theo cussed under his breath.  Chad, rubbing his shoulders a moment, stopped and scowled.  “Who the hell—“

“Ignore them,” Theo counseled.

Ignore them? Bro: kick them out!”

Sigh.  “I can’t.”

Chad reeled.  “What?

Theo leaned on the desk with a heavy shake of his head.  “You’ve heard there’s new leadership at Corporate?”

“Yeah.  Some woman’s the new CEO, right?  And she hired a bunch of female execs?”

Theo nodded.  “The ‘landscape is shifting’, they say.  Women are ‘flocking to gyms in unprecedented numbers’, they say.  We need to ‘stay ahead of it’ … ‘remain competitive’ … keep an ‘agile mindset’…”

“Corporate bullcrap.”

“Right.  But they’re serious about it.  I gave Ronda and Lynn a warning twice; and the third day I kicked them out.  And they promptly called the main office.  Next thing I know, our new regional manager Alicia calls me on the phone and says I need to ‘find a way to accommodate them’.”

“She let them back in??”

“Let them in?  She gave them a two-month free membership!”

“Dude!  Holy--!  Are you kidding me?!”

“No joke.”

They watched the two women crowd around a male customer and pester him into vacating the arm press machine.  Chad waved his arms irately.  “But we’re losing guys because of it!”

Theo sighed.  “Doesn’t matter.  All the big gym companies are bending over backwards trying to become the place for women, thinking they can hit it big.  I guess they’re willing to lose male customers along the way.”

“That’s a terrible idea!  Man, if that’s how it is… I don’t know if this is a place I wanna work anymore!”

“You mean quit?  … Yeah, that’s occurred to me too.”

Before they could mull further, Ronda’s infuriating voice rang through the gym: “BOOM!  Take that, sucka!”  Her upraised elbow nearly whacked an innocent bystander’s face as she gloated at the man she’d kicked off the machine.  “Fifty pounds?  Turns out I coulda beat you by seventy!”


“New record for you, ain’t it?” Lynn chimed, over the hapless man’s head.

“Damn right it is!  … Ooooh, looks like we’re in trouble…”

Theo, approaching, shot Ronda a withering glare – one that, in times gone by, would have made anyone think twice.  Today, it prompted only a laugh.

“You’re up, stud,” she challenged, pointing to the leg press.  “Oh—unless you’re chicken?”

Chicken?  That’s the last thing Theo was.  But he was also an employee, and needed this job, and—

“Bawk Bawk Bawk!”

Oh damn.  It nearly worked.  He nearly ripped off his shirt and put this big bimbo in her place, but…

“You’re not worth it,” he growled, walking away under a chorus of snickers.

* * *


Theo went right to Elaine when she got home, gliding in for a boldly dauntless kiss…

…which she, frustratingly, almost immediately withdrew from.  “Whoa… hold on,” she beseeched.

“Why?” he pressed.  “Why wait?”  He knew how much she enjoyed romantic persistence, how easily she was won over with stalwart confidence and—

“Not now,” she maintained, slipping away with surprising abruptness.

Confounded, he eyed her closely as she cross the room.  Today she looked particularly fetching in her pink, fitted dress.  She used to be so petite; now she was much lankier, longer-legged.  More like a runway model.  It had taken some getting used to at first, but by now he definitely saw the benefits to it.

“I had a rough day at work,” she intoned, taking off her earrings and letting down her hair.

In months past, this would be his cue.  Even today, he decided to risk it.  “Sorry to hear that, babe,” he said, dropping his tone a little more, down to his old husky baritone, as he stepped forward.

“Gerald has been hounding me all week about those quarterly reports.  And Stephanie’s being such a pill.”  Her tired hands massaged her temples wearily.

“Anything I can do to make you feel better?” he hummed, drawing closer to her firm backside, her deliciously tapered waist.

“No.”  She sighed.  “Just need some time to relax and unwind.”

His cocky grin returned as he readied to embrace her soft shoulders and delicate neck.  “I could help you unwind…”

Finally catching his drift, she swung suddenly around.  “Hey—seriously?” she huffed.  “Is that all you can ever think about?  Sex?”

He blinked.  Once, that was all she ever thought about.  The right look from him would send her into excited shivers; the right look would make her swoon.  Nowadays, he had to try so much harder; and even then…

“But you look so good, babe,” he coaxed, posing, flexing his not inconsiderable guns…

She scoffed and rolled her eyes!  “I’m not in the mood,” she declared firmly.  Only at the door did she pause and glance back.  “Maybe later,” she tersely conceded on her way out.

Maybe?  Pshht.  Of course they would.  He was still a stud!  Although, it had to be said: the sex lately was not quite what it once was.  And happened less frequently.  Elaine claimed she was ‘still getting used to things’; that this whole situation still felt ‘a little strange.’  But he was beginning to wonder if those feelings of hers would ever really go away.