- Text Size +
Wednesday

The only thing worse than suddenly losing five pounds, was having it happen right in the middle of his workout.  Today he drank his dose a full half hour early, so at least no one would be around to see it.

But the half hour went by, and he still didn’t feel a thing.  What gives?

Jen came down and saw the vials right away.  Her breath caught; her footsteps accelerated.  “Hi Dad!” she said offhandedly, beelining for the table and gulping down her dose.  She turned to the workout machines with nervous excitement.  Machines which, days ago, seemed so intimidating, but now seemed to hold such possibility.

“What, no warmups?”

“Oh.”  Jen blinked.  “Right.”  She hardly did more than a few token stretches, though, before popping up and hustling to the machines.

“What’s the big hurry?”

She felt a bit guilty, but … “The harder I work out, the sooner it’ll happen.”

“’It’?”

Jen didn’t understand his confusion.  “Yeah, it!

Theo scratched his head as his daughter aggressively started into squats.  Faster, more determined than ever, like she was on a mission.  Did she mean… Was there some connection between the doses and …?

“Hmph.”  He picked up some dumbbells and started lifting -- his motions, fluid; his form, impeccable…

But Jen was a mess!  He couldn’t stand by and let her botch it like that.  “Slower; more controlled! … No -- knees in!  Hips back!”  Grumbling, he paused his workout and came over.  “You’re forgetting everything I taught you.”

“It’s good enough!” hissed Jen, refusing the slow, pushing herself to the max.  “I … just … need …”

Whoa.  The bar halted, like it was stuck on something.  She turned and grunted and -- It was caught in Dad’s grip.  He held in place with frustrating ease.

“Dad!”

“Slow down and do it right, or not at all.”

Jen wanted so badly not to be a scrawny wimp anymore.  All she wanted was to grow again!  But … Ugh!  “We’ll do it your way,” she conceded, deflating.

“’Atta girl.  Now, straighten up!  Keep your shoulders strong and your core solid.  … What, is that all you’ve got? … OK, nice and slow …”

Ughhhh!

* * *


Dad was insufferable!  He wasn’t even working out at this point, deciding it was a better use of his time to keep hounding her instead.  She still pushed herself hard, but not hard enough!  Every time she tried to grind out that one last rep, Dad kept stepping in and stopping her, saying stuff like “It’s no good for either of us if you get yourself hurt.”  Well, she’d be no good to either of them anyway, if he didn’t let her grow!  If only she weren’t so scared of him!

Now on to the bench press: one of the hardest and most intimidating workouts.  “Remember, this here is 55 pounds, Jen,” Dad lectured in his most mansplain-y voice.  “That’s ten more than last time.  Are you sure you can handle it, dear?”

“Yes, I can handle it!” she snipped.

“Alright.  I’ll be keeping a close eye.”

She grabbed the bar in pure annoyance and got underway, weathering both the weight of the bar and the new barrage of criticisms that inevitably rained down.  Six … Seven … Eight!  She racked the bar, breathed heavily, shook out her already wearying arms.  Dad kept lecturing and she cringed her way through it, nodding appeasingly.

She started up again; but dang, the bar kept feeling heavier, and heavier …

“Three,” Dad counted.  “… Four.  We’ll stop there.  Return the bar to the -- Pff.  What’d I just tell you?”

Jen tried to ignore his glowering face above her as she dug in deeper.

“You’re never going to make it, Jen.”

C’mon Dig in!!...

Theo wrapped his fingers loosely around the bar, standing by.  “Ready to give up yet?” he sighed, wishing she’d stop wasting time and energy here when there were other workouts to get to.  “You need to know your limitations, sweetie.”  This was clearly a lost cause; he could feel her arms slipping, losing ground and--

Jen shrieked, almost like a roar … and then it happened again.  It.  Only, this time he saw it: her pecs ever-so-slightly inflating, her bi’s and tri’s growing just a little sharper before his eyes.  And he felt the result, too: the bar rising against his palms under a newfound swell of strength and control.

Yeesh!”  His goosebump-covered arms jerked away, his feet staggering slightly, a lumped forming in his throat.  Surprising how freaky it was, watching someone grow up-close.  He couldn’t shake it.

“… Eight!” a breathless Jen exulted, as metal clanged against metal.  Such a rush: feeling herself grow; feeling the bar lightening in her arms… “I finished the set!!”  Despite her fatigue, she practically hopped to her feet, her fingers prodding her body all around amidst wide-eyed wonder.  Her thighs felt stronger; her torso not as bony; her chest -- Whoa, she was even starting to have actual boobs now!  She blushed and moved on to her arms, grinning at the mirror.  “Look how big I am!”

Theo was getting over his initial reaction, enough to give a loud harrumph!  Big?  Not by any stretch.  Just not as scary skinny anymore.  And as for height … her eyes sized him up for comparison but didn’t find what she’d hoped.  He snorted smugly.  “Sorry to disappoint you, sweetie, but your dad’s still taller.”  Still nearly two inches, it seemed.

“No!  I don’t care if I’m …”

“Yes you do.”

Indeed, the measurement showed she’d gained not even half an inch, but a decent seven pounds.  “Hmph.  Maybe you’ll actually reach a respectable weight -- in another ten days!”

Jen cringed.  “Yeah, hopefully!” she chirped, trying to brush off his criticism.  Actually, she felt pretty dang good already.  Her limbs felt so … alive.

He recorded her stats … then his too, writing the same numbers as Monday.  “Dose didn’t do anything today,” he explained.  “Guess I got lucky.”

Lucky?  Didn’t he know he had to work out to activate it?

She didn’t say anything, just kept her distance and finished her last few exercises in peace as he got underway.  She crushed her previous bests from Monday.  Man, it felt good!  Of course, Dad seemed to be keeping up with his Monday performance just fine … for now.  From his smirk and swagger, it looked like he was pretty darned confident with himself.

Done with her own workout, she thoughtfully asked if she should stick around.  Like, he could hurt himself.  But… “Pfff,” Dad retorted.  “Seasoned bodybuilders like me don’t need a spotter.”

“But--“

“Shoo.”

Welp, she tried.  God, he was frustrating!  And wouldn’t you know it, but just as she was climbing the stairs… “Rrrghh!  Cripes!!

It’d hit him in the middle of a squat -- and the look on his face said it all.  What he’d thought would be just another rep, was becoming more and more insurmountable by the second.  Jen thought she could almost see him getting smaller, even from here.

Soon he buckled to one knee and the bar capsized sideways with a heavy thud.  Jen felt a little guilty for not rushing to help … but he’d probably just have berated her anyway.  And luckily, he seemed fine.    So she retreated upstairs instead, with perhaps a hint of a vindicated smile.

* * *

Blaire made no noticeable eye contact with Jen during class.  But afterwards, she came right up to Jen’s desk and stood there!  "You comin' or what?"

Jen about had a conniption. "Coming where??"

"To the lockers."  She gave her patented shrug. 

Me?!  Maggie and Ella had already left.  Jen hastily got up, and it was just the two of them walking out.

"Remember you still owe me a homework!" their teacher called out.

Blaire whirled indignantly.  "You talkin' to me?"

Mr. Walker blinked, took a step back.  "Well … yes!”

Blaire scoffed.  “Whatever.  Just get off my ass about it.”  She strutted out without another look back.

Jen freaked out as she caught up in the hall.  “What was that?!”

“What?  He won’t do shit.”

“Yes he will!”

Pshh!  That short creep ain’t half as tough as he seems.  No guys are anymore, when it comes down to it.  In fact, he’d rather spend all class period checking out me and my friends than writing us up.”

“Eww.  What?

“You seriously haven’t noticed?”

“No, I …”  Jen shook her head.  “But I could never talk back to a teacher like that, anyway!  I’m too afraid to even ask to go to the bathroom!”

"You're kidding."

"No! ... Oh god, you prolly think i'm a dweeb!"

"Eh, maybe. But you've got potential."

Why?

The tall girl put her bag in her locker then slammed it shut.  "Hey, numbnuts!"

Bobby Phipps -- star of the boy's basketball team and douchebag extraordinaire -- froze at the sound of Blaire's voice.  Jen had had classes with him for two years straight, and he'd been mean to her and others more times than she could count.   And now, just below six feet tall, his size disadvantage relative to Blaire was striking.  To compensate, he clenched his fists and puffed his chest.  "Yeah?"

"Isn't there something you should be carrying?"  She moved closer. 

The tough guy glanced at the other students around, calculating.  He had an image to protect.  "Changed my mind," he defied, crossing his arms and not backing down an inch. 

Blaire glanced around too, and found no adults in sight.  "Wrong answer."

In seconds, the platinum blonde babe had driven the boy back into the lockers with a loud *clang* and both hands on his shirt collar!

"Let go!"  His fists came down to dislodge her right arm -- but her left hand grabbed his ear instead and yanked downward, stopping his fight instantly as he yelped for mercy!

"Now you gotta carry it for a WEEK," she hissed, pulling again.  "Got it??"   Another tug…

“Oww!  Okay, fine!

Blaire let go.  “Hmph.”  She hardly seemed to notice the crowd of students around her as they stepped back and made way.  Only briefly did she pause and glance inquisitively back at Jen, who exhaled and hesitated but eventually scampered to catch up.  She might not have, except she found herself increasingly afraid of this towering blonde.

“What?” Blaire demanded, seeing Jen’s expression.

“You're a bully!"

Blaire halted abruptly.

Jen quavered.  Uh oh...

“You think I messed with him just 'cuz I could?"  Blaire scoffed.  “Look.”

As Jen looked back, Bobby was now talking to Candace, a frail, petite girl in their grade who rarely spoke above a whisper.  Bobby, red in the face, seemed to swallow his pride and hold out his hand.  Candace slowly, cautiously slid her backpack off her shoulder and handed it to him.  She seemed relieved; it was clearly too heavy for her tiny frame.  Bobby, without another word, carried it on his shoulder as he followed Candace down the hall, looking mortified.

"I watched that prick mess with her every day, till I had enough," Blaire explained simply.

Realization dawned on Jen's face.  "You're protecting her."

Blaire nodded. "And I'll do the same for anyone else I see, until boys stop being pricks and start showing some damned respect."

"Whoa."  Jen blinked.  “I was wrong.  You’re like … an anti-bully. "

"Yeah.  Only harsh to the guys that deserve it."

"Even teachers…"

"Yeah -- why not?  If they treat us with respect, I got no problem.  But if they treat us like their own personal wank-off material …"

"Ew!"

"Pfft, I guarantee Mr. Walker goes home and jerks off to us every night!"

"Ew Ew Eww!!"

"You know it's true!"

Jen snorted laughter despite herself.  "Shh!  A teacher could hear you!"

Blaire stood tall and boomed, "MR. WALKER'S A FUCKING TWAT!"

Jen wheezed with alarm - and delight - as she barreled through the front doors.  She assumed Blaire would do the same, but her friend stayed true and strode out at a casual pace.

"You're nuts!!" Jen exclaimed, almost dying with laughter. Even Blaire chuckled at this point. 

"But another teacher could hear you!” Jen protested.  “Or a principal, or …”

Blaire shrugged.  "And maybe I’ll get a referral.  So what?  I'm done worrying 'bout it.  Girls are gonna rule the world soon anyway; guys are gettin’ put on notice.  That's how I'm livin' my life now."

"Rule the world??"

"Yeah, like men did since the dawn of time."

Jen gave a nervous laugh.  "Yeah, but then men and women became equals."

"Equals?  Were they?  Pfft.  How many female presidents have there been?  How many CEOs and shit?  Hell, even my dad used to act like the boss of everything."

Jen twitched. That last one hit a little too close to home.

"We're hittin’ lunch then the mall," Blaire said casually, reaching her car.  "You should come."

What!?! “Um … umm …”

"It's me, Maggie, Ella, and a couple others, if you're wondering."

The opportunity of a lifetime.  "Y-Yes!  I'd love to!! … Oh, I told my friend Amir I was gonna have lunch with him.  Hey, maybe I could bring him?"

Blaire twisted her lips. "Amir?  I don't know him."

"Oh.  He's in our grade. He's nice."

"Ermm... I'd say whatever, but Maggie and Ella are really picky about the boys we bring along.  They wouldn't like it.  Better if it’s just you.”

"Oh."  Jen blinked, dumbfounded.  "Well, ok ... um ... I'll have lunch with him then."  Gah!  Am I stupid!?

Blaire’s face flashed surprise for a moment before she gave a cool shrug. "Suit yourself."

"I just, I made a promise and--“

"Don't sweat it.  Maybe later." Blaire got in her convertible and drove off.

Jen felt like the biggest dummy alive.  She almost wanted to chase after Blaire’s car, but … no.  Too late.  At least she wouldn’t be letting Amir down.

Crap!  She looked at her watch then ran straight to the meeting spot.  Apologized for being late, explained what’d happened with Blaire.  Amir seemed a little cagey after that.  “You could’ve gone with her if you want,” he said with a wince.

"No!  I didn't want to hurt your feelings!"

"But you clearly wanted to."

"No!  Not that much ..."

"It's OK."

Things were alright after that, but a little bit off.  Jen tried to convince him that Blaire and the others had good intentions, but he didn’t seem to buy it.  Kept changing the subject.  So she dropped it.

* * *

No sooner did Jen set her backpack down at home than Dad’s startling voice boomed behind her: “The doses kick in because we work out.”

Jen whirled.  “Huh?”

“Physical exertion is what triggers the ... shrinking.  And the growth.”

She looked at him oddly.  “Well, yeah.”

“So you did know about this!”  He stepped angrily across the living room.  “And you didn’t bother to tell me?  Just left me down there to work out on my own?!  I could’ve gotten hurt!”

“I thought you knew!”

“Pfft!  How was I supposed to know how the … shrinking… works?”  As he said it, his eyes got big.  Whoa.  Jen noticed it too: he was barely any taller than her now -- half an inch, if that.  He’d really shrunk a lot.

“What are you staring at?” he barked, even more indignant.  He retreated a few steps -- and as he did, his now-baggier jeans slid a good three inches down his waist.  Without meaning to, Jen cracked a slight grin.

And oh, he was ticked.  “You’d better watch yourself, young lady!”  He stormed out, one hand holding up his pants.

* * *

Theo heard his girlfriend come in through the garage at 5:30 that evening.  Easing through the doorway, he found Elaine at the kitchen sink.  He drew his eyes admiringly toward Elaine’s toned legs, her firm backside.

With relish, he moved in behind her.  Yikes -- after his shrinking that morning, her waistline came more than halfway up his torso now.  She wasn’t even wearing her highest pair of heels.  But, hey, it put her remarkable fanny in quite comfortable reach of his hand; and what better way to buoy his mood, eh?

Elaine stiffened as his hand touched her bottom.  He felt her glutes harden as her head snapped around, her eyes seemed to narrow slightly as they looked down and found him.

“Hey, babe,” he said smoothly.  “Missed you last night.”

“I told you, I was working late.”

“Mmhmm.”  He squeezed her cheek again greedily, unable to help himself.  “But I hope you’ll stick around tonight.”

Her butt slipped away as, impatiently, she turned and faced him.  “And do what?”

Her surprisingly abrasive tone made him falter.  But, god, the view from the front -- especially with her hefty breasts now practically right at eye level!

“We did things your way last time,” he lustily hummed.  “What say it’s my turn to do things how I like…”

Whoa.  The look on her face -- practically one of disgust!  She and her thick thighs began to turn away…

“Or your way again!” he hastened.  Needfulness began to show through his veneer of suave.  “I …”  He hadn’t planned to admit this, but: “I did some research,” he admitted, his face reddening.  “How to … go down on a woman.  Techniques and pointers and -- look, I’ll perform better this time.”

Elaine looked down at her rapidly-diminishing boyfriend in surprise.  She should have been encouraged by this; titillated, even.  So why did she feel, perhaps more than ever before: revolted?

“We’ll do it on your terms,” her man insisted.  “However you like!”  Even his hand seemed a bit smaller today as it grabbed her wrist.  His eyes shone not just with his usual desire, but with almost desperation.  “I need you, bad,” said his voice with a crackle.

This was too damned much.  “I need…”  She wrested her wrist away, with surprisingly little effort.  “I have that thing tonight,” she said hastily.

“What thing?”

“That thing, remember?”

She saw his tight frown on her way out of the room.  “But what time will you--”

“Not till late!”  In the doorway she looked back and instantly regretted it.  “Your pants are falling down,” she noted, before fleeing from the unappetizing sight.

Theo blushed, pulling his pants up yet again.   He didn’t know what to say.

* * *

There was no ‘thing’ tonight, of course.  But fortunately Ari, Elaine’s friend and colleague, was always up for  grabbing a few impromptu drinks downtown -- which they did, right after dinner.

And now Ari nearly choked on her drink.  “He said what?

Elaine knew she’d divulged too much, but no use backpedaling now.  She repeated Theo’s words to her friend and colleague, who almost lost her cocktail all over again.  “Theo,” said Ari in disbelief.  “The big, proud stud.  Looking up ‘cunnilingus’ like some college freshman.”

“ ‘Big’,” Elaine scoffed, into her own glass.  “’Proud’.  Not so much anymore.”  She downed the drink and signaled for another.  “I don’t know what I want from him anymore.  He’s not physical enough to do things his way; but I’m not even sure I want him to go down on me, either.”

“Are you crazy?  I got Josh to try a while ago.  And let’s just say, we’ve never looked back since.  It’s divine.”

“Oh, I know how good it can feel.  But seeing him there, between my legs -- it makes him seem so submissive.”  Elaine curled her lips in impulsive distaste.

Her friend shrugged.  “Bit of a downer, yes.  But it’s worth the price.”

But Elaine shook her head, feeling increasing certainty.  “Not for me.  It was worth the experiment … but no.  Even if he were better at it, that’s not what I need from a man.”

Ari chuckled.  “I hear ya, girlfriend, but men just ain’t what they used to be.  We gotta settle for what we can get.”  A spark of mischief crossed her eyes.  “Though, you could try to upgrade…”

Elaine cocked her brow.  “You always said I’d never find anyone better.”

“That was before Theo signed on to this ridiculous ‘Mouse’ show.  Aaaand … before I met our new corporate liaison.”

“The sales consultant?  The one who’s joining us next week in Bluewater?  Donovan …?”

“Donovan Reid.  Oh yes.  Kim introduced me to him yesterday.  And Elaine: oh my god.”

“What?  Is he tall?”

“As tall as you are -- in heels.”

“Say what?!

“The man played Center on his basketball team in college.  He’s a real hunk, Elaine.  He -- well, you’re just gonna have to see for yourself, tomorrow when he visits the office.”

Elaine hadn’t even me the guy yet, but her breath already caught in her throat.  “Wow,” she muttered, realizing this next week and a half could be promising indeed.

“And yes,” assured Air, patting Elaine’s hand, “I’ve already put in a good word for you.”

Elaine ought to have protested that she was taken; she was still dating Theo.  But at this particular moment, she let that fact slide.  Lifting another cocktail to her lips, she leaned in and asked Ari all she knew about Donovan Reid.

* * *

Thursday

Jen sat on the edge of her bed the next morning, prodding her bare breasts in amazement.  A day later, and she still couldn’t believe she had them now.  Still small, but after yesterday’s growth: they were squishy.  And jiggled whenever she moved.  And--

Oh fudge.  She heard Dad approaching -- and her door was closed, but not locked.  Thankfully, though, his footsteps walked right by.  Whew.

Theo heard some rustling and giggling -- giggling! -- from his daughter's room as he passed by.  Ignoring it, he hiked his pants up again and gave a good yank on the cord overhead to pull the attic stairs down.  He tripped twice on the way up. 

He should’ve gone shopping yesterday.  Hell, all his outfits had been getting too big for him even before this week began.  Now even his tightest belt didn’t fit.  But there was one pair of jeans he'd bought a few weeks ago, which had shrunk majorly in the wash.  They’d fit just right, now.  They were somewhere up here in the attic … but where?

After ten minutes of failed searching, Theo grumpily backed down the staircase then folded it and gave a firm upward heave.  Like always, it got stuck partway up.  He used to be able to stand flat footed and give it one solid whack, and it'd pop right up there.  A couple weeks ago, he’d managed it by jumping.  But now, even with a well-timed punch at the peak of his jump …

Damn.

Again…

Damn!

"Umm ... need help?"

Jen’s voice sent his hackles up.  “Nope!”  He tried again, realizing only after landing that his pants were halfway down his boxers.

Jen cleared her throat.  “I could--“

“Could what?  I’m taller than you!”

“… could get a ladder,” she completed.

Oh.  “No thank you!” he shot sharply.  With one hand on his pants, he leaped again and--*wham*--the attic stairs slammed shut.

“Boo yah!”  He puffed out his chest and faced her.  "Told you I can still--" 

Damn.  Finding himself eye to eye with Jen again really took the wind out of him.  She was the last female he knew whom he was still taller than, and now--

*cough*  He made the mistake of looking down.  Two nipples poked prominently against Jen’s overly tight pajama top.  There was no way not to see it.

“Errk!”  Jen knew how tight her undershirt was.  She’d thrown on a cardigan for this very reason, but it’d flapped open.  She closed it quickly, but her face turned as red as her father’s.

And while Theo averted his eyes, his pants slid down his waist again.  For crying out loud!

He couldn’t leave the hallway fast enough.  “Shopping today,” he gruffed.  “After your school!”

“Okay.”

***

Blaire was talking with Maggie and Ella before class, pointing at various boys and laughing in hushed tones.  Jen nervously approached her friend and tapped her on the shoulder. 

Maggie and especially Ella shot her a look like she was no more than scum under their boots.  "Can I help you?" Ella demanded.  

But Blaire’s reaction was much milder, even friendly.  "Hey.  'Sup," she said down to Jen.

Geez … their height.  Their high heels!

As Blaire stepped aside with Jen, Jen wrung her hands.  "I'm realllly sorry I didn't go with you all yesterday."

Blaire snorted. "You're still hung up on that?"

"Yeah.  I--"

"It mighta been kinda dumb of me anyway," Blaire admitted. "They don't like you yet.  They think you're too nerdy, or goody-goody, or whatever."

Indeed, amidst their snide glances, the phrase “Spider girl” almost certainly emanated from Ella’s mouth.

"Chill,” said Blaire, no doubt seeing Jen cringe.  “I got a plan.  We'll talk after class."

"Hey," Jen asked, before Blaire left, "how come you're nice to me, anyway?" This question had been burning in her mind all week.

Blaire shrugged.  "Dunno.  I guess you kinda remind me of someone."

"Who?"

"Me."

***

“Park on the men’s side, next time,” Theo muttered to himself, passing through row after row of oversized women’s clothing.  His breath caught in alarm as he stepped into a new section that he could swear wasn’t here before: ‘Extended Sizes.’  Taller even than the normal women’s clothing.  Even the racks were taller here -- as were the women perusing them.

He veered left and circumvented this section entirely.  Not till he reached the Men’s section did he feel at peace again … relatively.  Here the clothes seemed almost miniaturized by comparison; most of them were still too small even for him.

He approached the young female employee folding clothes behind the counter.  “Big and Tall section?”

The woman, a full head taller, looked down with a cheeky grin.  “Big and Tall?  We don’t call it that anymore.  But the Clearance section is back there.”

Clearance.  Of course.  The ‘Mediums’ and ‘Larges’ of old, now too big to fit most men.  Heaps and heaps of them, piled in disarray along the back wall.

But today, even most of these were too big.

* * *

Jen was really optimistic about the clothes she’d found.  She could actually find things that fit her now, and actually looked pretty dang good!

But as soon as Dad took one look… “No,” he said, his face stern.  “Midriff, Jen?  Really?  And such a low neckline?”

The neckline’s almost to my collarbone!  “I wear less than this while we’re exercising!”

“That’s different.  It’s not in public.”

Jen was red in the face as Dad made her go pick new things out.  She knuckled under, again.  Of course she did.

But she also did something drastic.  Something totally unlike her.  > she texted Blaire.  >

> her new friend replied immediately.

God, she was nervous.  But also excited as heck.