- Text Size +
Tuesday (cont.)

OK, Jen was definitely not over her sourness yet, but she had to admit that today in Alice’s apartment had been pretty damned fun.  Her dose of Apo-Amplifier this morning had grown her nearly as much as on Sunday, and now she really couldn’t recognize the red-headed hottie staring back at her in the mirror.  Holy crud -- was this really her??

The best part was, Alice had anticipated her needing clothes, and had given her free reign to try on any of Alice’s old outfits in the guest bedroom closet.  Alice may have outgrown them, but a surprising number of them fit Jen stupendously.  Alice’s taste in fashion was equally stupendous.  Every outfit Jen tried on seemed to highlight a different, exciting part of her body: her longer-than-ever legs, her newly widened hips, her increasingly filled-out butt, and especially -- god -- her rapidly-growing tits!  Not nearly as big as Alice’s yet; but they’d grown over half a cup size, just today!

These bouncy handfuls filled out Alice’s old B-cup bras, and then some.  Even a few of her C-cups almost fit!  For the better part of an hour, she marveled at how differently the bras could feel: some of the bras wrapped her squishy boobs in a bear hug, tightly enough to do jumping jacks in, while others clung more delicately, leaving her tits freer to jiggle around, quivering like firm jello with every step.  And that she had cleavage now … Daaaaamn!

Just after noon now, she paused in the mirror.  This particular outfit was definitely her favorite.  The tight crop top and miniskirt, a bit of makeup and perfume … she looked killer.  Alice arrived at 3 PM, right on time, and Jen did the final zipper of her high heeled booties and came out, remembering to don a tight frown again.  She was not done sulking, after all.


Whoa -- Alice normally seemed so tall.  But with Jen in high heels, and Alice in flats, Jen was actually an inch or two taller.  Kinda freaky, almost.

The blonde woman’s lips tightened in a bemused frown, though, as she scanned Jen.  “What?” Jen challenged.  “You said I could wear anything in your closet.”

“Yes, and this outfit suits you marvelously.”

“So what’s the problem?”

“I said you should wear something comfy and outdoorsy.”

Jen looked down.  “This is comfy.”  Though, not the most outdoorsy…

“Wouldn’t you rather--“

“No!”  Screw it.  “I’m sick of grownups telling me what to wear.  I’m not changing.”  She’d packed other clothes in her duffel bag, anyway.

Alice started to say something but reconsidered.  “Well… so be it.  If you’re ready, let’s go.”

* * *

Jen’s annoyance turned into perplexity, as suburbs gave way to farms, then open fields, then forest.  “What gives?” she finally muttered, after miles and miles of nothing but trees.  “There’s no one out here.”

“There is someone.”

Jen squirmed in her seat irritably.  “OK, who?”

“Oh, so you’re ready to hear it now?”

“Ugh … Yes, just tell me!”

The woman evaded the question with mirth.  “We’re here.”  The car stopped at an unassuming dirt road off to the side, with a metal gate and a red 'No Trespassing' sign. Alice got out, unlocked the gate, and waved for Jen to follow on foot.

Jen couldn’t take two steps without feeling … silly.  Her outfit would’ve slayed on the streets of downtown; but it felt sharply out of place here in the deep wilderness, with nothing but trees and squirrels, and the points of her heels sinking into the soft dirt.

“Cabin's that way," Alice said, pointing across a short bridge over a winding creek.  "But she wants you to go meet her first.  Follow this creek and you'll find her."

"Follow the--?”  Jen frowned cautiously, eyeing the rocky, root-ridden landscape which followed the stream into the distance.  “How far?”

Alice shrugged.  "It's a big property and I doubt she's anywhere close to the road. Could be a ways."

"I'm just supposed to...?”

"Yes.  She can be a bit eccentric about some things.  Don't worry -- she'll be there. She sticks to her word."

Jen felt a little panic as she looked down at her own outfit, and her heels.  “I… errr…”

Alice nodded knowingly at Jen’s duffel bag.  “Good thing you brought a change of clothes, huh?”

Jen’s cheeks colored again.  Alice had told her to bring outdoorsy outfits.  The t-shirt and shorts she’d packed would fare better … but she needed them for tomorrow.  And she was too stubborn to change, anyway.  “Could I…?”  She pointed at Alice’s ballet flats -- they’d go much better with what she had on.

“Oh, sure.”

They fit pretty well, and provided a little padding at least.  “They’re fine,” Jen muttered glumly, turning her gaze to the forest and winding stream.

“Good luck,” said Alice, turning back toward the car.

Jen’s face scrunched.  “Wait!  Just tell me who I’m meeting!”

Alice’s smile was striking.  “Let’s call her a … business connection of mine.”  The brief sound of tires on gravel gave way to the engine revving and taking off down the paved road.  Soon, all Jen could hear was the rustling of leaves and the occasional chirping of birds.

She looked around.  Nothing but trees and rocks in all directions, as far as the eye could see.  A terrifying sense of isolation began to take hold.  There might be no one near her for miles and miles!  Well, there was one person, at least – if Jen could even find her!  She checked her phone’s signal.  Zero bars.  She was really in the middle of it now.

Ten minutes of walking along the creek, and still no sign of anyone.  She began to jog, dodging tree limbs and roots and jutting rocks all around.  Her boobs were becoming a distraction, bouncy as they were.  She should’ve chosen one of those supportive sports bras, not this lacy little number!  Her tight skirt pinched her legs with every stride.  Hiking it up helped a little.  Every now and then she stepped on a rock, causing a twinge of pain through the thin shoes.  She loved running but she’d made it a struggle for herself.  Jen, you fool!

She went another few strides then gasped.  For Alice, a business connection’ might be someone on the show.  Someone backstage.  Or even … a real-life Mighty and Mouse contestant.

Yeeeeep!  Her heart fluttered.  Five episodes had aired already.  Ten teams; ten female contestants.  Each amazing and unique in their own way.  All of them powerful; strong; brave.  Far more amazing than Jen could ever hope to be.   And to think she might actually meet one of these living legends … in person…!! 

She trundled forward with wavering breath.  From fan clubs, google searches, social media stalking … Jen knew an embarrassing amount about each past contestant.  Maggie Yuen??  No -- she wasn’t this outdoorsy.  Joanne Keats?   Ellie Maulk?  Or--

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as, over the next ridge, Jen glimpsed a head of hair.  Sun-bleached, dirty blonde.  A broadly muscled back came into view.  Strong, contoured arms.  Jen’s vision swirled.  Surely this must be an apparition!  But when she reopened her eyes, the unmistakable figure remained.  “Bridgette Lindstrom,” uttered Jen in the barest whisper, leaning on a tree for support, her heart pounding.

Known on the show as The Valkyrie, Bridgette Lindstrom was Jen’s favorite Mighty by far.  The most badass person Jen had ever heard of.  Born in the harsh northern reaches of Sweden, her parents died when she was 16.  She fended for herself almost singlehandedly for two years before moving to America.  Won all sorts of medals in the Marine Corps; retired and moved on to Ironman triathlons, where she never finished below the top 5.  Climbed three of the most dangerous mountains in the world.

And that was before she got big…

Jen crept forward as quietly as she could, forcing her teeth to stop chattering.  Most rounds of Mighty and Mouse had been close -- but not theirs.  She and her brother had dominated from the outset, but once The Valkyrie had gotten a few doses of Mighty Potion in her, she’d become an unbelievable, unstoppable force!

And she was right there.  Just thirty feet away, sitting cross-legged in rugged shorts and a rolled-up tank top, not moving a muscle.  Jen peered out from behind a tree trunk; like a frightened girl who’d stumbled across some mystical goddess of the forest, too afraid to step closer.  Of course it would be Bridgette Lindstrom -- Jen should have guessed!  The woman was renowned for going completely off the grid, disappearing for weeks at a time into whatever wilderness she pleased -- even, as it turned out, this tame forest an hour from Mighty and Mouse headquarters...

Come forward,” her deep, sonorous voice intoned.

Jen’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, as the blonde head of hair turned slightly to one side.  “Or hide like a coward,” the voice challenged, dripping with disdain.

Jen was aghast.  She nearly turned tail and ran.  Was it bravery, or more cowardice, that pulled her forward instead?


The woman didn’t move, as Jen came up behind.  Still meditating; breathing slow, steady breaths.  Communing with nature, or god knows what.  Jen looked around nervously, fidgeting …

Finally Bridgette’s body went into motion.  Muscles undulated and shifted as her torso left the ground and rose.

And rose.

And rose.

“H---Holy--!!” Jen wheezed aloud, craning her neck upwards.  “Wowww.”



Six foot eight, Jen knew, from the show.  That didn’t make it any less shocking in person.  Jen’s recent gains seemed paltry now, when this walking goddess still stood nearly a foot taller!  The tallest woman she’d seen in her life!  And ripped, too.  Muscular.  Not an ounce of fat anywhere to be seen.  So, so big.

"You?” the woman’s strong voice queried, in her distinct Swedish accent.  “The contestant?”  She scanned Jen’s attire with clear distaste.

Jen’s teeth chattered as she jerked her head in a nod.  Her cheeks burned with embarrassment.  She felt wholly unprepared; inferior.

The hulking blonde wrinkled her nose.  “Ridiculous,” she scoffed, turning away.

Huh?  “Wh-What’s ridiculous?” she stammered, forcing herself to focus.  The woman’s shoulder blades were as high as Jen’s chin.  Christ, she’s HUGE.

“I deal with women,” Bridgette declared, over her shoulder.  “Not little girls.”

Jen recoiled in surprise.  “E-Excuse me?!”

Bridgette didn’t reply as she picked up a flask of water, and a bunch of wild roots – potatoes, carrots, and others Jen didn’t recognize.  And two dead rabbits, tied to a string.  Whoa.

“I’m not a little girl!” Jen defended.

Bridgette kept going about her business, without reply.

Jen stepped forward, heart racing.  Everyone always doubted her: Dad; her classmates; now even her idol, Bridgette!  “What makes you say that!?” she demanded, wavering between frustrated and hurt.  “You just met me!”

Bridgette took another look at her and scoffed, as if receiving all the confirmation she needed.  “Leave,” she replied snidely.  “This is not a place for you.”

“But—“

“Go home, city girl.”  She rose to her full height again, and Jen reflexively leaned backward, tensing.  The woman moved as fluid and graceful as a predator, stalking away.

Something snapped in Jen.  “No!” she yelped, chasing after the Mighty in panicked desperation.  “You agreed to have me here!  Give me a chance!”  Someone had to!

“Agreed to meet you,” the blonde woman rebutted, not turning her head.  “I did not say how long.”

Jen started to despair.  “But that’s not fair!”

Bridgette scowled.  “Whiny girl.  As Alice said.”

“She said that??”

“I inferred.”

This couldn’t be happening!  Something told Jen that if she didn’t act now, she’d regret it forever.  With foolhardy abandon, she cut in front of Bridgette.  It was like stepping in front of a bulldozer … but Jen brandished her fists.  “Giving up on someone two seconds after meeting them!?  What are you, a … a COWARD!?”

Bridgette pulled back slightly; her eyes flashed wider, sharpening with a tenacity Jen could never hope to match. 

Ohhh shit.  I’m screwed.  Totally--

“HA!”  Bridgette’s booming laugh belted out of nowhere.  She crossed her arms and cocked her head to one side.  The barest hint of a smirk tugged at her mouth.  “Perhaps not hopeless,” she conceded.  “Not so much.”  The smirk disappeared and her hand came forward and jabbed a finger right before Jen’s eyes.  “You listen to me.  I am not patient.  I do not go easy.  If you want lazy, go back now.  Otherwise, you follow me.”  All of a sudden, the hulking woman turned and broke into a run, right through the woods -- in her bare feet!

What in the--??  This woman was crazy, or badass, or both, but Jen sprinted after her.  Through the thicket The Valkyrie charged, dipping and darting around bends and over hills without hesitating or slowing, seeming to calculate every move three steps ahead.  Jen tried to match it but soon smacked her elbow into a tree then tripped over a root and tumbled face first into the leaf-littered dirt.

Aching everywhere, she saw Bridgette looking back with a fist on her hip and stoic disdain on her face.  As soon as Jen got up, Bridgette was off again, back to her startling bursts of speed.  Jen was the best cross country runner at her school -- possibly the best in the county now -- but even on a flat track Bridgette seemed like she’d kick Jen’s butt.  And on this taxing, treacherous terrain, Jen didn’t stand a chance!  Her calves ached, her quads burned, but still the woman pulled farther and farther ahead.  Climbing a hill, Jen saw her waiting impatiently over the next rise -- and just as quickly, she disappeared again.

“Fuuuuuck!” Jen groaned.  Little did she know, the expedition was only just beginning.

* * *

"Hal...Halle... freakin...luja!!"  Jen panted, dragging her feet into the clearing.  She hardly noticed her skirt chafing against her thighs anymore, or the sweat covering her clothes.  Teetering on her feet, she would have collapsed immediately, except she had a feeling Bridgette was watching her from within the simple log cabin straight ahead. 

Bridgette had once again charged ahead -- faster than ever! -- once the cabin had finally come into view and she no longer had to wait for Jen.  How much had she been holding back!?

The woman ducked through the cabin door as Jen approached, carrying the two rabbits and a big knife in her hand.  She went around the side of the house, slung the rabbits against a big rock, and brought the knife forward.

“Uckkk!”  Jen shielded her eyes and fled toward the cabin.

Bridgette watched her zip by.  “Överkänslig tjej,” she scoffed.

* * *

Bridgette put Jen to work on the vegetables – at least she could handle that.  Bridgette boiled them with the rabbit, and soon they were eating the very bland, under-seasoned stew out of wooden bowls.  With no spoons, of course.  Her host didn’t indulge in such luxuries.

After Jen had had enough silence, she shifted in her seat and spoke up.  “So…”

“Eating,” Bridgette quipped.  “Not talking.”

Jen tried again a few minutes later, with the same result.  Bridgette kept wolfing down bowl after bowl, well after Jen had had her fill.  The insufferable meal lasted forever.

After dinner, Bridgette sat outside and sharpened her knife on a whetstone.  The nonstop swishing sound soon drove Jen mad.  “Can we talk yet, or what?” Jen demanded, after five minutes like this.

Bridgette looked up quizzically.  “Talk?  Why?”  She resumed sharpening.

Jen threw her hands up.  “Isn’t this the part where, I dunno, you teach me to do something, or impart some great wisdom, or …”

“Pfff.  This isn’t some Hollywood film, girl.”  Whisk whisk whisk, went the whetstone.

Jen grimaced.  It’s not every day one gets time around Bridgette freaking Lindstrom!!  “Look, I need help, OK?  I-I’ve got a lot of crap I’m dealing with.  With the training for the show.  With life.  And I need to figure stuff out – quick!  You know, the show’s in just a few days!”

Bridgette’s eyes shot up.  Her brow furrowed.  “You have big problems?”

Jen paused.  “Well… yeah.”

“Alice told me things.  Your father.  Friends at school.”

Jen blinked.  “She told you?”

Bridgette nodded.  “You seem lost, says Alice.”  She rose to her feet, whooshing up to massive heights.  “I say you need to grow up.”

This again?!  “I don’t see how insulting me is s’posed to help!”

The woman loomed silently.

“I’m not gonna put up with it!” Jen added futilely.

Out of nowhere, Bridgette flung herself to the ground and started pounding out pushups.

“Hey – what the hell??  What are you doing??”

Bridgette gave no reply.  Her startlingly rigid body rising and falling with metronomic precision.  The shape and tone of her back muscles, her glutes, her hamstrings – completely out of this world.  Jen had a feeling she could sit on Bridgette’s back and it wouldn’t slow her one bit.  Was she just doing this to show off?  It felt like it.  Arrogant, rude, unsympathetic … Maybe Bridgette wasn’t the amazing person Jen thought she was.  Maybe she was actually kind of terrible.

Well, Jen was in no mood to back down to someone this rude.  Daringly, she dropped down next to Bridgette and started pushups of her own.  She kept pace with Bridgette for a while.  But after ten … twenty … Jen began to slow.  By thirty, Jen’s arms turned to jelly and gave out completely.

Bridgette was at least on forty now and Bridgette was only beginning to slow by the time Jen collapsed, panting.  Thirty pushups before Jen had even begun, plus another five more, deliberate and determined, with s

She looked over to find sweat starting to bead down the woman’s shoulders and between her ample breasts.  The woman must be on forty now -- no, fifty.  Or more.  Finally she stopped and stood up, her chest rising and falling with hard breaths, the veins in her arms bulging more than ever.  Towering over Jen, she looked formidable.

“Trying to beat me?” Bridgette quipped.

“Shut up!” Jen snapped, too tired to hold back.  Holy crap.  I just told Bridgette Lindstrom to shut up.  Well… it was HER fault, though.  The woman was trying to aggravate her!

Bridgette looked up at a thick tree branch at least ten, maybe eleven feet off the ground.  Higher than a basketball hoop.  As Jen watched, the Valkyrie bent her knees then vaulted upward and grasped the tree limb with both hands.  An NBA-level feat, and she made it look effortless.  No freaking way.  Bridgette went right into pullups, hard and fast, causing the limb and even the whole tree to sway.

Jen went to a different tree and leapt for a branch a foot lower than Bridgette’s.  Her hands barely scraped the bottom of it.  “Son of a…” Jen settled for an even lower branch and started into pullups with an ill-tempered scowl.  She did the first two pullups just fine, until—

“Think you can handle this, ‘pretty girl’?” Bridgette mocked, loud and obnoxious, even while pulling herself up.

Jen’s frustration boiled over like a tea kettle.  “Why are you so MEAN!?!”  Her third pullup faltered.

“Should I baby you, ‘pretty girl’?” Up and down Bridgette went, her arms firing like pistons.  “Are you not tough enough?”

“Why does everyone always doubt me!?!” Jen raged, just hanging from the limb now, too fed up to keep working.  “I AM tough enough!!”

“Sure you are,” Bridgette scoffed.  Three more relentless pullups before she dropped heavily to the ground.  God, she looked shredded now.  “’Tough girl’ can’t even keep going,” the daunting woman mocked, arms folded.

Jen seethed.  Enough of this!!  She turned her fury from an impediment into a weapon; into fuel.  Growling like a pit bull, she surged upward and completed one f&@%ing good pullup and then another!

“Terrible form,” the huge woman criticized.  “Arms too wide apart.”

“What??”  Jen’s strength gave out again as her fury refocused on the stupid, perfectly-chiseled face of her idol.

FORMER idol!!

“And you don’t go up high enough.  And you kick your feet.”  Bridgette shook her head.  “Terrible.”

This felt straight out of a nightmare!  Bridgette Lindstrom, of all people!!  She hung limp, about to give up…

“You’re just not good enough, girl.”

Something sparked in Jen.  “You…”  Her anger grew like a wildfire.  “You sound like my DAD!”  Her arms surged to life.  Driven by fury, she conquered another pullup, and another, and again, the rage engulfing her, pushed her to the breaking point…

“Tsk.”  Bridgette shook her head, unimpressed.

Jen’s fury snapped in a new direction.  Dropping to the ground, she charged at full-speed and slammed her shoulder straight into Bridgette’s abdomen and—

“Ow!”  She’s like a concrete freaking wall!!  She slammed the same spot with her other shoulder: same result.  She resorted to punching said stomach; but her arms were already so weak.  They made only small indentations as Bridgette flexed and absorbed every blow.

“Pathetic!” the woman goaded.

Thwap! Jen punched again, fury-blinded.

“Weak!”

Womp!

“You don’t have what it takes!”

Arghhh!!”  Jen glared upward and swung her fist right at Bridgette’s smug, pearly-white grin …

WHOOOMP!!  The force of a sledgehammer hit Jen’s chest and she flew backward, sending the world spinning around her.  She crashed and slid until coming to a rest on the rocky ground.  The shock of it left her more breathless than any actual pain.  When Bridgette appeared above her, Jen trembled.  She’s freaking CRAZY!!  She’s gonna KILL me!!  And bury my body!!  And—

“Eeep!!” Jen yelped, as the woman reached her arm toward her.  But it was not a grab, just a helping hand.  After plenty of wary hesitation, Jen put her smaller hand in Bridgette’s.  She yipped again as steely fingers clamped around hers and lifted her right off the ground. 

“Anger,” the woman’s voice graveled.  “Anger does nothing.  Understand?”

Jen blinked at Bridgette’s solemn, unwavering gaze.  “You … you were just saying stuff to get me mad,” she realized aloud.  “You didn’t mean it.”

Bridgette gave a single nod.  “Voices.  Doubters.  Distractors.  They are nothing.”  Her finger pressed hard, right above Jen’s left breast, near her heart.  “This,” she said, prodding Jen’s forehead.  “And this.  These are all that matter.”  Her hand made a decisive cutting motion before dropping away.

Jen turned the words over in her mind.  “I control myself,” she mulled.

The woman nodded.

“I should focus on me.  And not what others say.”

Nod.

A simple enough message; but Bridgette’s manner of conveying it was striking.  “OK,” Jen acceded, willing to go along.  “So the next time my Dad—“

No.”

Jen jerked back.  “Wh-What?”

“He is not here,” the woman said harshly.  “He does not exist.  All that matters is …”

“Me,” completed Jen, with a soft gulp.

The woman straightened.  “Are you ready?”

“Ready for what?”

A slight smirk graced Bridgette’s lips before she took off at a run, across the clearing and down the rolling slope.  Jen murmured perplexedly and gave chase.

The Valkyrie bolted down the long hill like lightning.  Jen, like the delayed echo of distant thunder, reached the river bank many seconds later.  Bridgette, stepping among the rocks littering the river bank, stooped before one of the largest.  Wrapped her arms around it.  And lifted.

“No freaking way,” Jen muttered.  The mini-boulder -- practically a yard in diameter – broke loose from the dirt and rose up in the giant woman’s grip.

Jen’s jaw fell open.  “H…How much does that weigh!?”

Bridgette somehow managed to shrug as she shifted the massive thing in her arms – arms which were flexed to the max and looked just about as hard as the stone she was holding.  Even she was showing strain as she carefully turned around … and started walking up the slope.

Jen stood and gaped at the herculean feat unfolding before her.  A long way to the cabin, and quite a climb.  “You’re carrying that all the way up?!” Jen called, practically in despair.  The woman was miles, light years, beyond what Jen could ever be!

Panning her gaze across the scattered rocks at her feet, Jen lifted one that seemed a manageable armful.  Seemed -- at first.  She grunted just bringing it to her chest.  But even this one was pathetically smaller than Bridgette’s.  She couldn’t go any smaller; not while keeping any shred of pride!

But just before defeat took hold, she looked at Bridgette – really looked – as the woman powered along.  One foot after the other, each more deliberate than the last.  The woman visibly wearied; and for the first time all day, she appeared human, not invincible.  Not everything was easy for her.  There was a limit to her strength, after all.  Soon she started to stagger, adjusting her grip, sagging her shoulders.  Indefatigable arms and thighs now quivered constantly.  Yet somehow she continued on, one foot after the other.

At this rate, Bridgette should have collapsed twenty steps ago; a body -- even hers -- could only hold out so long!  But still the steps continued, each one a whole new struggle, each a triumph in its own right.  “How?” Jen wondered, watching raptly.  How can I do that?

Then it hit her.  She’d felt glimmers of it when running on the Track team.  Or during this week’s basement workouts.  Times when she was certain she’d never complete that last lap, or finish that last set.  But then a fire would spark inside her, and she kept going.  Even when it didn’t seem possible by muscles alone.

But for Jen, that spark almost always came from anger; rage.  Usually when she was pissed off at Dad.  But Bridgette, though: she’d won on the show not as much by size or strength, as by pure sheer will.  She wanted it more than everyone else.  You could see it in her eyes, on the show.  And Jen could see it happening right now in front of her.  Bridgette found the strength within herself, not from others.  “It’s in me,” Jen muttered, echoing her words.

Already Jen felt encouraged.  She lifted the rock to her chest and stumbled forward.  Hell, but it was heavy!  Her confidence flagged … But another look at Bridgette kept her moving.  If Bridgette could find the will, then … “So can I!”  Another step.  Another.  “So … can … I!

Up ahead, sweat rolled off of Bridgette in constant streams, weaving and winding through canals of quivering muscle.  The moisture threatened to slip the boulder out of her grasp – and what reprieve that would be.  But nothing was ever gained without struggle.

She had heard the girl collapse behind her – first, around halfway up the slope, then again shortly after.  She was surprised the girl even lasted that long.  And more surprised still when her grunting and clamoring signaled that she’d gotten back up and continued.

Perhaps Bridgette had underestimated her resolve … But no time for such thoughts now.  The last hundred feet were the steepest, and always the hardest on the soul.  Never had Bridgette failed to complete the trip, in the weeks she’d been here; but never was her boulder quite so large as this one.  Her greatest challenge yet -- but she would rise to meet it.  She would.

“Aaaaiieee!!” – The sound of the girl collapsing again.  In final defeat, surely.  But an admirable effort nonetheless.

Bridgette growled and focused, centering body and mind, surging power and will.  Her stance wavering like never before, even she began to doubt – a new experience for her.  But so close, she was.  Too close to fail!

At last, her foot found purchase on the flat stone shelf marking the edge of the clearing.  With her last ounce of effort, she surged past it and let gravity carry her down, denting the earth with the boulder as her fists slammed the ground alongside.

Her vision dimmed; her head swam.  Only through dogged determination did she avoid total collapse.

But strength returned.  Soon, it surged.  Seized by adrenaline and wild instinct, she shook off weariness, rose to her feet, and in the same motion lifted her arms outward and forward, flexing with power.  Opening her throat, she roared.

Jen jerked her head from the grass, instantly engrossed in the primal yell that rained down from the clearing.  It was the cry of a warrior; the roar of a lion.  She’d seen the woman collapse just moments ago -- yet there atop the hill Bridgette stood, arms upraised as a true conqueror.  The image burned itself into Jen’s mind.  She began to feel it, too.

Bridgette heard the sounds behind her.  She turned and marveled as the little girl, neglecting the dirt on her city clothes, fought her way forth.  So near the end, the girl faltered.  Bridgette braced, gritting her teeth.  Fight, Jen – FIGHT!!

And fight she did.  Bridgette knew the agony in the girl’s face, the searing pain in her limbs.  Yet she reached the same step as Bridgette had and collapsed, victorious.

“YES, Jen!!” Bridgette boomed.  “YES!!!”

Jen couldn’t move a muscle.  She gasped and panted like a fish out of water.  She managed only to roll onto her back, to see the Valkyrie looming over her with an unprecedented smile.

“You feel it, Jen, yes?”  Bridgette crouched and pointed at Jen’s heart.  “Now you know what it takes.”  She extended her hand.  “Sit up.”

Jen took it weakly, and yelped as her torso whooshed upward.  It was all she could do to just prop her hands underneath her and keep her back upright.

“Rest,” said Bridgette.  “You’ve earned it.”  She turned, heading for the slope.

“You… You called me ‘Jen’.”

“Ha!  So I did.”

From the rock ledge, Jen could see all the way down the slope to the water.  She watched Bridgette stride down at a brisk pace.  Surely … not another rock?

No -- something far more shocking.  Near the water’s edge, the huge woman pulled off her shirt, then her shorts, then underwear.  Stark naked, she dove head-first into the deep river, her head bobbing to the surface a moment later.

Jen was mortified; shocked; scandalized!  Man or woman, who does such a thing?!  And without asking first!  But it didn’t seem sexual.  It seemed merely her habit.  Yikes… Jen was hetero, but she couldn’t get the image out of her mind.  Bridgette’s nude body was like some ancient Greek statue come to life.  Chiseled, as if from marble.  Strong and unabashed.  Incredible.

Noooo way was Jen going down there, though.  She stayed put, her cheeks glowing with heat, her eyes searching for somewhere, anywhere else to look.  Only finally when she heard a splash did she look -- just as Bridgette’s sopping wet body glided out of the water, the late evening light glistening off her skin and catching every contour.

*Gulp!*  Amidst white-hot embarrassment, jealousy sprang.  Jen would kill for a body like that.  Good god!

She must have held Bridgette’s respect still, because the blonde woman hardly even scoffed when her footsteps approached.  Not even a taunt for Jen keeping her eyes pinched firmly shut!

“There’s space for you on the floor near the stove.  I will fetch a blanket.  Tomorrow we rise at first light.”

Jen blushed like crazy.  “Um … okay,” she managed.  As the footsteps moved on, she remembered what she’d learned in History class, that ancient Greeks competed in the Olympics while wearing nothing at all, so as to best showcase the human physique in its ideal form.  Yeep!

She didn’t open her eyes again until well after Bridgette’s footsteps had disappeared into the cabin.  At least by then Bridgette was clothed again.  Calmly carrying on, it was clear her display hadn’t been about sex, or power.  Just embracing her own self fully.

Well … Jen may have learned a lot today, but she wasn’t ready to do that!  Changing out of her sweaty clothes behind a copse of trees, she trudged her weary bones back to the cabin and settled herself on her hardwood bed with nothing but a thin blanket for warmth.