- Text Size +

For centuries, mankind has questioned whether or not they were alone on their tiny pale blue dot. As science and technology has slowly advanced, humanity has, at equal pace, begun to map out the vast vacuum of space, discovering new solar systems, new galaxies, and, naturally, new planets. Several of these later findings have shown potential for life, much like that on Earth. But so far, science has not allowed the innovation necessary to personally view these planets, so whether or not they have any inhabitants is a question still shrouded in darkness, remaining the holy grail of astronomical pursuits.

However, in truth, we never were really alone, and we definitely were not the only beings questioning our solitude. Others had done so for longer than centuries, and they had succeeded where we had failed.

Their fleet hovered just over the atmosphere, most of the ships surrounding the Mothership, on the bridge of which stood the Commander, who watched several screens displaying humans going about their daily life. Their first encounter with not only other life besides themselves, but intelligent life. Clearly not as intelligent as themselves, their vehicles and power primitive and inefficient. Regardless, they were a species worthy of study. He ordered for a specimen to be transported abord the Mothership, one that was at least relatively isolated so a group would not notice one of their own suddenly disappearing. His underlings immediately set to work, scouting the planet for a potential candidate, their search taking them to a neighborhood in what was, unbeknownst to them, the United States of America. They found one human traversing alone in a small, loosely wooded area. The ship scanned her and, soon, a holographic image of her appeared, walking in place, before the Commander, who studied the projection with interest. Aside from bringing up her likeness, the ship's computers could tell not much else about this human. It seemed mostly hairless, aside from a long mane of brown fur draped down its back. The human's fur was neat and straight, flowing behind it as it walked. It's clothing seemed less for practical purpose and more cosmetic, showcasing its curved physique. Jutting from its chest appeared to be two large fatty deposits. Breasts, perhaps? If so, this would make this human one of the females of the species, which would make it a perfect candidate for study to understand its reproductive anatomy.

The Transponder was primed and the human female was targeted. The order to bring it aboard was given. However, for the first time, the Transponder responded with an error message, claiming it could not bring the human aboard. Diagnostics were unable to account for a reason to this failing. A second attempt resulted in the same message. Unsure how to proceed, as their technology had never before outright failed to bring something onto the ship, the Commander ordered two scout ships to go down onto the surface of the planet and see if they could determine the cause of the interruption and to gather the specimen too, preferably with a level of discretion. The two small ships were dispatched, quickly breaking through the atmosphere and following the coordinates to their target. The first ship would land before the specimen and acquire it, while the other would land further back, intercepting anyone who would interfere and also scanning the area for anything that could disrupt the Transponder. The second ship went ahead and took its position, while the auto pilot of the first ship guided it to land before their target.

Upon landing, the team aboard quickly set out to drop the exit ramp and proceed onto the surface, already donning their environmental suits to protect them from the planet's poisonous climate. However, before they scarcely rise from their seats, the ship's emergency scanner began to ring. The crew froze, staring at the flashing red light with confused wonder. Their answer came when a large quake suddenly jolted the ship, sending them sprawling onto the ground. The scanner announced the presence of a large lifeform approaching, and began to engage automatic retreat protocols to take it back towards the fleet.

A moment later, the ship ceased to exist.


CRUNCH


“Oh! Gosh!”

Sarah Leheron stopped dead in her tracks as something loudly shattered under her right foot. She had been lost in thought, and the sudden pop abruptly pulled her back into awareness. Looking down, she saw a mangled lump of something silver lying before her new high heeled sneakers. Whatever it was (or had been), it was now completely unrecognizable and ruined, a tiny trail of smoke drifting from it. Curious, Sarah squatted down and picked up the lump, bring it up to her eyes to examine it closer. It was...definitely something, alright. She rotated it in her fingers and prodded at it, held it up to her ear, even took a small whiff of it, catching nothing but the fragrance of something burning. None of these sensory inputs helped identify what she had just stepped on, but she had the feeling that it was something important. It had some mechanical components to it, clearly, but...what was it?

She stood up and looked around the park and saw nobody. It was 10AM on a Friday morning, and most people were still at school or work. Sarah, a recent college graduate, was fortunate enough to not have either right now, able to enjoy herself on a quiet stroll. Usually, this early, she didn't see many people, and this was true today. There was not a soul around to claim the mysterious gadget she had just destroyed. Sarah turned her eyes back to the mangled lump in her hand and considered it for a moment longer. Then she shrugged and turned towards the trash can she had passed a moment ago, and with a simple flick of her wrist, tossed the piece of metal into the bin with a perfect swish.

“Yes!” She cheered quietly, pumping her arm. “Swish!”

Smiling, she turned and continued on her way, returning to her thoughts about the upcoming summer. Spring was nearing its end, and though it was a bit chilly today, the warmer weather would soon be upon them. She would probably find work at Val la Fleur, which she had done so for a couple of summers along with Ariel. Her thoughts also turned to her dear boyfriend, Neil Proctor, whom she had a special lunch date with in a few hours. Her spirits lifted at the thought of him and she began to hum as she walked down the path down the park. Maybe she should shoot him a text to see how he's doing? She hadn't talked to him since last night. Far too long!

Her smile broadening to a small giggle, Sarah reached into the pocket of her blue jeans and brought out her phone.


The second ship saw that they had lost connection with the first ship almost immediately, but they could not determine the reason. Had it something to do with whatever had blocked the Transponder? Had they crashed or otherwise been destroyed? Should they make contact with the Mothership and call for backup?

Suddenly, just as the first ship had, the scanner brought up an alarm that something large was approaching them. The captain of the ship quickly brought up visuals onto the monitor, expecting to see a large predator of some kind perhaps sniffing their ship. Such a thing hadn't been reported by the Mothership as a potential threat, but this planet, and its inhabitants, where mysteries they had not dealt with yet. There was no such thing shown on the feed when the camera outside the ship activated. The captain was confused for only a moment before the camera's motion sensors triggered, causing it to pan, not right or left (as the captain implicitly assumed it would) but rather up. The screen was suddenly filled with a dark blue wall...


Immediately, she felt it as she plopped down onto the bench. A metal object poked her butt as it landed onto the wood.

“Ow!” Sarah hissed softly, raising herself on her leg, hoisting her right butt cheek up, a hand rubbing the soft seat of her blue jeans.

At first she thought it was just a quarter. But there were no familiar markings on it that would identify it as such. No president was engraved on it, no E Pluribus Unum, nothing like that. It was just a flat disk like thing. However, she did note that it was a similar silver color as the other thing she had just stepped on. She brought it towards her nose and took a couple of sniffs. No burning smell this time. Either it had just been smooshed (where as the other had been completely destroyed) or it was something else. Examining it closer, it kinda looked like it was supposed to be some sort of toy alien ship. She could see something that looked like a window on it. Raising a hand, she slipped the edge of her painted black fingernails and gently tried to pry the dented metal back up. It went easily and almost began to peel off completely. Whatever it was, it was surprisingly fragile. But now she could see there was a small interior in it. Bringing it close to her eye, she could see nothing in it but black, pretty standard for most toy cars and planes. Still, if it was a toy, it was strange that it was so fragile. How could any child be expected to play with it if it was so easily broken. All she had done was sit on it and it was now completely misshapen!

Sarah retracted it from her peering a for a moment and began to rotate it in her finger to examine the other side...



The captain was the only one left. And he was starkly terrified.

After the ship taking immense damage, causing a complete black out of all systems, he had been tossed to and fro within the cabin. Finally when things had stilled for a moment, he briefly though the ordeal was mercifully over. But things were only just starting. The flattened roof of the ship was suddenly, and effortlessly, peeled back and the largest eye the captain had even seen peered into the cockpit of the ship. Shrieking with fear, the captain quickly ducked under the front panel. For what seemed like ages, nothing happened, but the captain could FEEL the presence of the eye above him, its owner no doubt hungrily looking for some helpless prey to eat. Then, the ship position of the ship suddenly shifted and the captain found himself rolling up the panel and out the shattered front window.

The captain had seen the holographic images of the creature, and but it almost didn't recognize the fatty mounds protruding from its chest. Mostly because they were much, much, MUCH larger now than they had ever appeared on the hologram. They were now literal mountains of flesh, and he was falling directly between the narrow canyon between them. The captain bounced off the skin at the top before falling between the crevice, the light growing dimmer and dimmer as he rapidly descended. Eventually, the two fleshy mounds met and he was firmly caught, wedged in the middle of a new warm prison.



Sarah considered the disk for a moment longer before, with no trash can near her, tossing it onto the ground. Then, she opened her phone and scrolled through it before finding Neil in her contacts and opening her messenger app. Her fingers quickly went to work.

“Hey! Thinkin about you! Can't wait for lunch! Miss you!”

The message was quickly received and the response was just as swift.

“Been thinking about YOU all morning. Can't wait, and miss you too. Wish you were here. Bored.”

A smile touched Sarah's lips as she read the message. Bored, huh? Well, that wouldn't do at all... her fingers began texting again.

“Awww, well, I wish I could be there with you to make your day less boring! Buuuut, that doesn't mean I can't help. ;)”

She opened the camera app on her phone, and stood up. Taking a quick glance around to make sure she was still alone in the park, she raised her phone up to her chest, which she quickly began twisting left and right, causing her immense bosom to heave side to side.



The captain had experienced what humanity referred to as “earthquakes” before, but this was of a completely different league. It was as if the colossal mountains had come alive and were actively at war with each other, one colliding into the other and then repeating at a hard, rapid pace. The flesh wouldn't squish the tiny visitor, but the helmet of his suit to shatter, letting in the air which was a remarkable sweet fragrance that transfixed the captain, pleasing its nose and bringing an involuntary sense of calm in the midst of the chaos around him.

Then, his body seemed to remember that the air on this planet was poisonous, and the bliss dissipated. Wedged between the unyielding flesh, his body struggled to pull in any air, and what little it did manage to ingest only hastened his demise. Within moments, the captain's body went limp, slowly sinking deeper in the crevice where the light wouldn't reach it.



Sarah gently hopped a little, letting her chest bounce heavily in their harness. Finally, feeling she had captured enough (and wanting to stop before somebody saw her playing with her boobs in public), she raised the phone back to her face, blew a kiss and sent the video, eager to see her unsuspecting boyfriend's response.

Right away, the message was received, but the response did not come immediately. When it did, though...

“Jesus Christ, Sarah! You can't send me stuff like that now! Are you crazy lol?”

“You're welcome! See you at one?”

“Yea. See you then, crazy girl. Now I gotta finish up here with a fucking boner.”

“LOL!!! I'm glad you like it! See you laterrrrrr! ;) <3 <3”

Sarah Leheron placed the phone back into her pocket, adjusted the straps of her bra, which had been jostled by her shaking, and continued on her way, practically skipping, thinking of not only lunch, but what she would do with...and to...Neil later in the day.