- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Violet has some fun


+++

Violet, perched on top of a mosque dome, surveyed the hustle and bustle of people teeming about in the streets below.

Boston had suffered a great deal of Violet's wrath these last few weeks. Just three days ago, several high rises were turned into heaps of rubble when in a moment of boredom, Violet gave them the full brunt of an energy blast launched from her index finger, unleashing a furious wave of pure destruction. Hundreds of people were wiped out instantly. Their lives snuffed out as the terrifying power of her attack consumed them all.

Violet's pupils shifted, reacting to a joyous chorus she'd heard coming from a group of people near a pile of debris that was once a prominent residential skyscraper beautifying the city's skyline. A family of five, survivors, members of the city's elite, crawled out from under the rubble, dug out by a team of rescue workers after being trapped for several days when Violet decided to disrupt their family day at the building's indoor swimming pool.

The rescue workers glanced up nervously at the stunning teenage girl—Violet—perched atop the mosque, unsure if they were allowed to save the people she had attacked days earlier.

They could not make head nor tail from Violet's stoic expression. And that was a scary observation. One could never know what Violet's next course of action could be. Violet's whims were inscrutable.

Nothing was left of the altruistic superheroine that took joy in aiding others. Even Violet's ruthless habit of laughing heartily into the face of the ones she was hurting or subjugating had been snuffed out. She utterly appeared bored these days.

Violet broke her glance away from the celebrating rescuers and closed her eyes in concentration. Being able to perceive every occurrence in the world that could produce soundwaves, however subtle, seemed like a downright overkill for an ordinary mind. However, Violet's mind was anything but ordinary as it was capable of processing external stimuli at a ridiculously fast pace as it flashed around in her head.

Through selective attention, Violet modulated all soundwaves that rushed into her brain like an avalanche with an uncountable number of snowflakes, each unique to the other, and prioritized on one particular.

The sound of steel rolling on steel. A train, and a very long one, was hurtling along a track several thousands of miles away from here. Hearing it was enough for Violet's super-developed mind to localize its destination within a kilometer radius. With that knowledge, Violet could already guess what it was carrying and what its destination would be. The prospect of that jolted her out of her moment of boredom, igniting a thrilled sensation in her chest she had not felt for days.

With explosive power, Violet leaped up and cannoned herself up into the sky – while pulverizing the mosque she was resting upon with the force of her powerful legs she'd stretched to push herself into an upwards momentum. After soaring for a moment at a leisurely subsonic pace, Violet peered over her shoulder and saw Boston diminishing in size on the horizon.

Violet sighed. "Fuck it," she said as she stretched out her arm with an open palm in the direction of Boston.

Scarcely recovered from Violet's onslaught merely a few days before, thousands of unwary citizens of Boston were trying their best to resume their daily lives. They all thought the worst part was over when Violet – in a moment of boredom – laid waste to a good portion of their downtown area.

They could not have been more wrong. A group of loitering youngsters chilling in a park at the edge of the town ceased the fiery conversation they had with each other about which sex position felt the nicest when a bright light source illuminated on the horizon – outshining the brightness of the sun even hanging in the clear blue sky.

They barely had the time to shade their eyes before their bodies started dissolving from the immense heat of Violet's all-consuming blast flashing their way.

All that was left was an immensely vast crater with smoldering plumbs of smoke where once a thriving city stood – before it was flooded over when seawater filled it all up.

After taking care of that, Violet blasted off. Her destination? A remote and top secret underground nuclear storage site near a mountain range - the same place from where the train had come.

Violet had picked up the rumor that the President had given the green light to engage her with nuclear warheads. The guy wanted to face her on his terms, but Violet was having none of that. It also seemed convenient for all concerned to just do it right here. Why let them take all the trouble of transporting these weapons and attaching them to ballistic missiles to fire at her while Violet could bask in their heat at this very spot?

As Violet dove down, emerging from a cushion of clouds, a sardonic grin spread across her lips as she spotted the train snaking between two snow-covered ridges like a caterpillar.

She noticed seven warheads. They were really going to give her the full brunt of it.

Let them. Violet thought. The sooner they realize the futility of their resistance, the better.

Although Violet did worry a bit about what would come next, she had not yet entirely subjugated the world. Many large players were still opposing her, or so they tried. But Violet was already overwhelmed by boredom. Despite facing heavy opposition from influential forces, the task wasn't challenging enough for Violet anymore.

Her mental powers had been augmented to such an extent that she could change people's desires with but a thought.

She could turn ruthless tycoons, whose only purpose in life it was to make as much money as possible at the expense of people's health and natural environment, into fervent nature activists willing to kill for the sake of the planet in the flick of a thought.

This worked both ways. Violet had the power to create either a paradise or a dystopia across the globe. But she did not occupy herself with such trivial concerns. What mattered was her state of mind. True, Violet had the power to make anyone adore and love her, but gaining command this way wasn't gratifying - it was too easy and felt not authentic.

Conquest no longer brought Violet the same satisfaction as it used to in the beginning. She had become far too accustomed to the ease of it all.

The only thing that still brought her some mild form of satisfaction were the shrunken people and property she'd collected these last days.

But that were thoughts for later. For now, Violet swooped down, her dark locks flowing in the breeze, as she zeroed in on the nuclear train and its unsuspecting personnel.

The driver frowned while peering through the front window of his cab as he noticed a small figure soaring above the track in the distance. It shot up to him. His brain was just in time to determine that it was a young girl, a very beautiful young girl, flying towards him before his head popped like a melon that was smashed by a baseball bat when Violet swooshed through him. Not even the steel construction of the train could withstand her force as she tore through it like paper.

A fraction of a fraction of a second later, Violet reached a cargo container that had concealed the first thermonuclear warhead from the outside world. With a gleaming smile, Violet's perfect face, which remained entirely unruffled by all the material it had to suffer while utterly flying through a train, bore seamlessly through multiple rings of alloyed steel before reaching the warhead's core where a dangerous mixture of chemical elements was packed together. Disturbed by Violet's rude unannounced entrance, a fission reaction was triggered, creating an explosion. This, in turn, induced a chain reaction, causing hydrogen isotopes to fuse and form an immense ball of heat with temperatures on par with the sun's.

In a domino effect, the other warheads exploded too, forming an explosion whose flash was blinding for many miles around.

The only one unscathed by this all was a dark-haired girl named Violet, who soared above the wasteland with a cocky smile as she glanced down upon all the destruction she'd caused.

Violet blasted off. "Collection time," she said and made her way towards the open sea, where she stumbled upon a flock of submarines she desperately wanted to add to her collection. Soaring above it, she raised her hand. A few moments later, five submarines emerged out of the water, seawater dripping from their hull as they soared upwards towards the awaiting dark Goddess. Violet shrunk them all down until they could fit on the soft surface of her hand. She scrutinized them with a gleeful smile before stuffing them in one of the back pockets of her tight ass and blasted off. Fun time was not done yet.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!