- Text Size +
 

8am. Blake heard something fall through his letterbox and land on the doormat. He went to pick it up.

“H.M.Government, Home Office.” Proclaimed the no nonsense script across the top of the plain brown envelope. “Those fuckers again.” He mumbled to himself as he ripped it open defiantly.

“Dear Mr.Blake” it read. “Personal Identity cards are now compulsory for all British passport holders over the age of 16. Your continued refusal to complete and return the application form ID013, together with the £99.95 administration fee, means that you are now in breach of…”

“Arrogant bastards” he muttered to himself, turning over to the last paragraph.

“…One of our officers will contact you within 5 working days with a view to discussing and resolving the situation amicably. Yours Faithfully, Suzanne Mitchell, Home Office, Department of Identity Enforcement.”

Blake smiled wryly to himself. “So, they’re going to send in the heavy mob at last are they?” He’d been expecting this, and his arguments were well rehearsed.

No sooner had the letter hit the bottom of the bin than the phone rang. “Mr.Blake?” came a soft female voice.

“Speaking.”

“Good morning Mr.Blake. My name is Anna Baptiste and I’m from the department of identity enforcement. You will have received a letter from us concerning your refusal to complete form ID013?”

He was caught off guard. “Well er, yes. It’s just arrived actually, and I erm…Look, Miss, er…”

“Baptiste.”

“Look Miss Baptiste, as I’ve already said in several letters, my decision not to have an ID card is a matter of conscience, and I….”

“That’s fine Mr.Blake” interrupted the warm velvety voice on the other end. “I’ve been reading through your correspondence and speaking off the record I think you make a good argument. All I need to do is pay you a visit so we can draw a line under this matter once and for all. I’m in your area this morning. Would this morning be convenient for you Mr.Blake?”

“Well, er…ok, sure…” he replied hesitantly.

“Good, I’ll see you shortly” and she hung up.

“Don’t hang about do they?” he mumbled to himself as he put the down the phone. Glancing out of the window he saw two women sat in a car parked across the road. One of them got out and started to walk towards his house. The doorbell rang.

“Jesus!” he exclaimed, looking hopelessly around the room for a comb. He went to open the door and there before him stood a smartly dressed black woman, her long hair tied loosely at the back, and a radiant smile across her shiny lips.

“ Mr.Blake?” She said, “Anna Baptiste from ID enforcement.” She held a card up in front of his face.

“You don’t waste any time do you?” he said, smiling politely back. “Please come in.” He stood to one side and gestured towards his living room. He caught an alluring waft of sweet perfume as she brushed passed him. He certainly hadn’t anticipated this, he knew he’d have to confront someone on this subject eventually, but he’d always expected some grey suited balding lackey brandishing a summons or something. This just didn’t seem quite right.

Anna Baptiste strode confidently into the room and sat down on the only chair not covered in rubbish, whilst Blake, picking up a pile of old newspapers from another chair, sat down opposite to her, apologising for the mess. She smiled back at him, perched her briefcase on her knees and clicked it open.

“Mr.Blake,” she said. “As you will already know, the Identity Registration Act came into force on the first of last month and your repeated failure to register means that you are now in contravention of registration enforcement…”

As she spoke, Blake tried to concentrate on what she was saying, but her briefcase was now sliding ever so slowly backwards on her lap, taking with it the hem of her skirt. The cool morning light coming in through the window caught the shimmering nylon stretched around her thighs and he was trying very hard not to become distracted.

“…Well the fact is Mr.Blake,” she concluded, “the justice system can’t cope with that many people, so what I’d like you to agree to today is sign this exemption document which will mean that we won’t have to trouble you again in the near future.”

‘Is that it?’ he thought to himself. He was if anything a little disappointed at being deprived of a good argument.

She took a piece of paper from the case. He thought he noticed something else in her hand as she walked across the room towards him, something similar to an inhaler perhaps, but he thought nothing of it. He could smell her perfume again as she positioned herself just behind his shoulder and bent down to give him the document. He could feel her warm breath upon his ear and at the same time became aware of a gold crucifix catching the light as it hung playfully from her neck. He took the document and read it out loud:

“License is hereby given to Anna Baptiste, as representing HM Government Identity Registration Bureau (enforcement) in the case of George William Blake that she is empowered to terminate his existence by…What?!” He read the last bit again; “To terminate his existence by consuming the said George William Blake by means of… Erm, is this some kind of a wind up?” He demanded.

Meanwhile, Anna was holding the inhaler shaped object just behind him, from which a sharp needle protruded menacingly. As he turned around to face her there was a sudden pain just below his ear as she pulled the trigger of what in fact was a shrinking gun. He leapt up in surprise, stumbled backwards across the room and collapsed in a heap in the middle of the floor as his legs gave way. Overcome with nausea and dizziness, he clutched at his neck where the needle had pierced him. The room was spinning and he couldn’t move.

Anna walked back over to her chair, carefully replaced the gun in her case and then walked calmly over to where Blake lay and pushed him onto his back with her foot. “Let me finish reading it for you Mr.Blake.” She said in a matter of fact way: “…Terminate his existence by means of shrinking, swallowing and digesting his body into her own so that no trace shall thereafter remain. Licence approved on this day…. etcetera etcetera: No need for me to go on Mr.Blake. Needless to say, the injection I gave you has rendered you immobile and the shrinking process has already begun. It’ll take around four minutes for you to reduce to about one twelfth of your natural height, which is the optimum size you will need to be for me to swallow you comfortably.

This was all too much for Blake to take in. The room above him was still spinning and he could see Anna’s earnest face looking down at him. Suddenly it felt like his limbs were far too big for his torso. Amid his confusion he passed out.

He came to almost immediately and tried to call out but couldn’t. He was certain that that this was all just a weird nightmare and that he’d soon wake up. The sickness and dizziness left him but every bone in his body ached. Then he realised he was lying completely naked as his attacker towered high above him. He tried to get up but she crouched down kneeling over him and holding him down with a giant hand across his chest and arms. Her knees were either side of him and he could see her massive thighs fading away into the darkness underneath her skirt. He could make out the flowery pattern of her white underwear through her tights. Under the circumstances he felt it was inappropriate to feel any kind of arousal, but his genitals didn’t seem to care either way, despite his physical state.

His voice returned, though it was thin and reedy. “What did you do to me?!” He demanded to know. “Put me back!” He tried to push away her hand but she picked him up, holding him gently but firmly.

“You are going to keep still and do exactly what I say Mr.Blake. Do you understand?”

“Let me go!” He was struggling to free himself. “Jesus Christ! Let me go!” Then she squeezed him hard, it hurt and he couldn’t breathe.

“I promise you Mr.Blake, I can hurt you, and I can hurt you a great deal. Now just do as I say.” She released her grip a little and Blake lay still, looking up at her. Fear and disbelief etched across his tiny face. “That’s better” she said impassively. “Now, for your own safety and well-being, as well as mine, I’m going to take you back to the department to swallow you in a controlled environment in accordance with health and safety regulations.

“Health and safety? But what the hell has swallowing me got to do with health and safety?!” He demanded. But she ignored him and took him over to a chair and sat down. She pulled up her skirt and placed him carefully face down on her thighs.

“Put your feet together Mr.Blake” She ordered, ”I’m going to tie them up.” Blake took no notice; after all, none of this was actually real… was it? “Mr. Blake, do as I say! Can you imagine the kind of damage I could do to you if I had to?” A fearsome and sharp looking fingernail hovered menacingly above his genitals, so he chose discretion as being the better part of valour. She reached down and produced a length of silk from between her legs. One end of it was secured to her waist at the back and the other end she tied tightly around Blake’s ankles.

Then all of a sudden she stood up and Blake found himself hanging precariously upside down and swinging against the backs of her thighs. He cried out in genuine fear, the floor seemed a hell of a long way down. She pulled her skirt up around her waist and reaching down, she took hold of his arms and pulled them up so that he was stretched horizontally and gazing helplessly up into the dark gusset of her tights. Before he could to catch his breath she’d tied another length of silk around his wrists and was pulling him face first up against her musty smelling crotch as she tightened both ends of silk around her waist.

“Oh my God” he muttered in complete bewilderment. Dreaming or not, here he was in the middle one of the most erotic experiences of his life, yet all he could think about was the fact that this woman had said she was going to kill him.

“Let me make things quite clear Mr.Blake” she called down to him. “I’ve put you there because your body has to remain within a dark and humid environment for the reducing agent to remain active whilst we're travelling, and down there is the most practical place for that to happen effectively. Don’t read anything else into it; you won’t be getting any closer. At least not down there. Understand?”

Blake could hardly breathe, let alone talk. He managed a couple of muffled moans, which she took as a yes.

She pulled her skirt back down to just above her knees and he was enveloped in almost complete darkness. After much effort he managed to twist and wriggle himself around so that his body was sideways, though his arms felt like they were being pulled right out of their sockets. He was able to look all the way down her legs as far as her slim black shoes, which were placed steadfastly and slightly apart upon the familiar knots of his wooden floor. She started walking. Nylon brushed against nylon with a ‘swish, swish, swish’ sound at the point where her thighs were fleshiest. She carried him across the hallway to the doormat where she paused and he heard her voice above him say: “Don’t worry about the house Mr.Blake, everything will be taken care of.” She opened the front door and stepped outside.

Blake was both angry and confused. “What the fuck do you mean? Taken care of?”” He shouted. “For Christ’s sake, what the fucking hell is going on?!” But Anna couldn’t hear his tiny voice, or just chose to ignore it. She slammed the door shut and started walking back to the car. Blake tried shouting for help, but only the unfortunate beetle scurrying along the path in front of her was able to hear him above the roar of traffic, in the few seconds before it was mercilessly crushed beneath her feet.