- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this chapter, Melanie gets much closer to Anne than she ever wanted.



   Melanie had moved out from underneath the massive, warm foot of Anne and was now standing about forty or fifty feet, to her at least, from the toes of Anne's right foot. She crossed her arms over her chest, watching in disgust and anger as this nasty bitch grinded the ball of her gross, stinky foot over the coffee table that SHE had picked out for Josh's apartment. She wished she was just a little bit bigger. There was a very small splinter of wood (as big as a 2x4 to Melanie) nearby that she wouldn't have minded ramming under one of the collossal skank's toenails.
   Melanie almost jumped out of her skin when the girl moved her other foot forward, but she was only scratching an itch on her sole with Josh's carpet. Mel caught another light whiff of Anne and spat, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand as though she had tasted her.
   "Found it!" Josh's thundering voice came from the bedroom and seconds later the ground shook under Melanie. Josh came stepping out of the bedroom, but all Melanie could see from under the table was his shoes and the cuff of his slacks. She watched as he moved around the table and gave something to Anne. Stepping out some to get a better look, trying not to get any closer to Anne's sweaty feet, she practically exploded with rage. He had just handed a DVD to Anne. The Notebook, Melanie's favorite movie, and the movie she and Josh had gone to on their first date. THEIR MOVIE.
   "Thanks for letting me borrow it! I wanted to see it when it came out but I was way too busy. Brad and I were working opposite shifts and I didn't want to go without him." Brad? Who was Brad?
   "It's not really my movie...I don't like chick-flicks, but Mel loves it. Just make sure to get it back to me tomorrow night. I don't usually loan it out, it was our first movie. The big date, ya know?" He stood by the couch still, hands in his pockets, and Melanie tapped her foot in the fibres of the carpet.
   "That's your cue, bitch...get away from my man." She said, knowing she could never be heard at her size, not unless she was inches from or even inside a person's ear.
   "I still have to meet her!" Anne said with a big, perfect smile. Melanie groaned.
   "Yeah, I'll see, maybe you and Brad can go on a double date with us? I'd like to meet him, he sounds cool. And I totally think you and Melly would get along. You two have so much in common."
    "What are you smoking?" Melanie said, certain that she and this whore had almost nothing in common. There was an unnerving feeling, suddenly, and a strange, unfamiliar noise. Overhead, the titans continued.
    "I really should get going. Brad's not the jealous type, but even I would get a little suspicious if I was tuning in on this." She smiled and tucked the DVD in to her purse, starting to stand. At this time, Melanie looked over her shoulder, and screamed in absolute terror. She had been about to move farther under the table in case the clumsy broad slipped her foot any closer, but what she saw sent shivers up and down her spine, through her hair, and made her blood curdle. An enormous, hairy, monstrous looking spider was making its way slowly towards her, each leg three times as long as Melanie was tall.
   Panic set in immediately and Mel screamed again, running as fast her miniscule legs could carry her. Unfortunately, with her vision blurring from tears of terror, and her frantic glances over her shoulder as she sprinted, she wasn't able to realize where she was heading, or stop herself from running right in between two of Anne's toes. Had the inside walls of the fleshy digits not been slick with still-drying sweat, Melanie probably wouldn't have been able to squeeze in as far as she had. Even at her size, there was minimal space between Anne's middle and next smallest toes while she stood, her weight pushing the toes down, like enormous boulders.
  

   Melanie cried out in fear as she looked left and right, unable to see over the enormous, fragrant toes of her boyfriend's coworker. She could only look up in awe, and even then she could not, at this position, see Anne's face. She could only see up her pants leg, to almost her knee, before darkness consumed all. Turning with a bit of effort, she covered her mouth and nose with one hand. Her eyes continued watering from the aroma surrounding and assaulting her senses, and she really could tase the sweat and musky odor now. With her other hand she pressed against Anne's middle toe, trying to steady herself as she pushed to escape, but t was no use.
   The grip that Anne's toes had on her wasn't strong enough to be unbreakable, especially with the sweat, but Melanie's weight alone wasn't enough to let her fall free from them when Anne lifted her foot up and over her flat. In fact, she now clung to the toe as best she could, eyes clenched tightly shut for fear of falling the great length back to the carpet. The loud, grating sound of skin against worn leather filled Melanie's ears, and before she knew what was happening, she was falling. But only briefly. With a thud, she stared upwards, rubbing her eyes. She could only just see due to small beams of light coming from overhead.
   She was in the toe section of Anne's flat, still between her toes, though now there was enough space for her to rest on the insole of the flat. She quickly stood, stumbling backwards in the darkness and running. She was fortunate that she had, for at that time Anne began wriggling her toes, getting comfortable in the flat. Had Melanie not moved when she had, she would be nothing but toejam now. Running face-first in to the wall that was the toe of Anne's shoe, Melanie turned, her heart pounding her chest, her mind racing. She screamed in the darkness, just able to make out the incomprehensively large forms of Anne's dainty toes. She had maybe a foot or two between her and the tips of them, with her back pressed firmly against the 'wall.'


   Anne stood, purse hanging around her shoulder, both feet comfortable in her shoes. Or as much as they could be, at least, she HAD been wearing them all day. She wriggled her toes, and thought to herself that she'd have to start wearing to sandles to let her feet breathe. The sweat and gunk building up between her toes was just gross, and even though Brad wouldn't say no if she asked for a foot massage, she'd feel bad for making him sit through that smell.
   "Thanks again, Josh. I'll look you up on MySpace tomorrow, and maybe I'll send your girlfriend a message, too. I'll just be like, 'Oh, you seem really cool, let's do something sometime, just us girls." Josh laughed.
   "Totally! I think she thinks that you and I might have a thing." It was Anne's turn to laugh.
   "Really? Oh, wow. I can see how she might think that, but...sorry dude, Brad is the ONLY man for me. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know Melanie." She smiled and thanked Josh again, and he let her out.

   Meanwhile, inside the shoe, Melanie was screaming her head off, about to throw up. In mere moments of being trapped inside and in front of Anne's toes after a long day at work, the heat and odor had built up to almost unbearable levels. She was almost sweating herself, and each wiggle or flex of a toe seemed to unleash more pent up odor. That might have just been her imagination though, she was, after all, not in her right mind. The spider had been enough by itself to make her snap briefly. Suddenly, everything lurched upwards and Melanie was thrown agaist the ceiling of the flat's toe-end. She fell down on top of Anne's big toe, sliding along the surface of the polished nail, hands dancing around trying to find purchase.
   Each step threatened to send Mel down between the repulsive toes, or even over the tips and under them, and Melanie nearly had a heart attack at the thought of being mashed to an unrecognizable pulp by this dirty slut's feet. Nothing but a barely noticable stain, a red dot on the ball of her foot, or underside of her toe. Hell, she might not even be a stain. By the time this bitch even got these shoes off again, Melanie thought, Anne's sweat would have washed away any sign of Melanie. It would be as though the 1/8th inch girl had never existed.
   Melanie's face paled, and her heart sunk as she heard Josh's door open and then close. The walking continued, but her tossing didn't, as she had managed to find something to hang on to (actually just the cuticle of Anne's toenail.) With all of her strength she was able to keep herself on the one toe, only bouncing up and slamming back down with each step. A couple dozen steps later, a car door opened.
   "Oh god...no..." The car door slammed and Anne's foot stopped. Melanie realized suddenly that the chance of her being around when Sam came to retrieve her was just....zero. She almost threw up once more. She'd be spending the rest of her miserable life, however short it would be, at this teenage girl's feet.
Chapter End Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the reviews guys! I really didn't think I'd hit a chord with anyone but if you guys really like my stuff I guess I'll keep on trucking! And again, if you have any suggestions, requests, or something you'd like to see don't hesitate to drop me a line! Basically we have more of the same in this chapter, and you won't see much of anything else until probably chapter 4 or so.