- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! More or less the same ol' foot stuff in this chapter, but we'll get around to other things before too long.

 

   Melanie, her nose and mouth covered by her hands, cried openly to herself in the darkness at Anne's toes. They twitched or flexed almost sporadically as Anne absent-mindedly played with them while driving, and each of the slightest movements to Anne was like a house suddenly lifting off of the ground and coming back down to Melanie. The smell had not gone away in the few minutes Melanie had spent in the flat, and she had no clue how much longer Anne would be driving, let alone how long she would spend in Anne's shoe.
   She wished that she had never pulled this off. Thinking back, she was lucky to have even gotten away with it as many times as she did. All it would've taken was a thorough vacuuming from Josh, or a prowling spider or ant to do her in. She was silently cursing Sam as well, for not having though of such things when Melanie failed to. But there was nothing Sam OR Melanie could do right now. Her mind filled with the terrible thoughts of what would come in the next few days, or weeks. Not just for her, but for everyone she knew.
   Melanie would be declared missing, people would search everywhere for her...Sam wouldn't come forward. How could she? What would people think if she went on the record saying that she'd shrunk Melanie down to an eighth of an inch to spy on her boyfriend, and when she came back Melanie was just nowhere to be found? She'd be put away. No one would ever think to look between the toes of one of her boyfriend's coworkers.
   Melanie could only dwell on the means by which she would come to her own end. More than likely smeared by Anne's filthy foot, but there were other possibilities. She might survive the trip home. And then what? Climb out of the shoe, however long that would take...perhaps wait for Anne to go to bed and then find a way up to her? Melanie shuddered to think of being outside of the shoe again. As awful as the smell was, and as grossed out as Melanie was, she'd much prefer the sight and smell of Anne's toejam to the possibility of another spider attack.
   Above her, far, far above, over the loud humming of the engine and other road-noises, Melanie was able to hear a Katy Perry song playing, and she almost laughed. The whore liked Katy Perry. Melanie loved Katy Perry. It didn't bring her any comfort, though.

     After a few moments, Melanie's world shifted and the floor of the flat was suddenly behind her, and she was sliding. Screaming herself hoarse, she fell forward, through empty space, until she landed face-first against the underside of one of Melanie's toes. She then slipped down it, scrambling to grab hold of anything. She finally stopped with a bit of luck, on the ball of Anne's foot, clinging to the slight wrinkles on Anne's toe. Wrinkles so small they'd barely be visible to the naked eye, but big enough for the miniaturized Anne to use for leverage. 
   The smell here was worst of all, right at the ball of Anne's foot, her toes towering over Melanie, parted slightly, and if Mel's eyes hadn't been watering already from her breakdown they'd have started. It didn't help that Melanie had to press herself as close and tightly to Anne's toe to keep from falling. The warmth coming off from the toe combined with the heat in the flat was comparable to a fever.

   Anne put on a Katy Perry CD as she drove, sighing, looking at her purse in the passenger seat. The Notebook poked out from inside the large handbag, and Anne smiled, thinking about Josh. She had lied, telling Josh he wasn't her type. He was absolutely her type. She had developed a crush on him almost the moment they had met. In fact, and she felt guilty about this, she was only keeping the job because of him. The shifts she infrequently shared with him were the only ray of light in an otherwise dismal, miserable working world. That, and the paychecks weren't all that bad.
   She sighed, moving a strand of chestnut hair from her eyes as she leaned back in the chair. Her sigh turned in to a yawn, and she raised her left foot up on its heel. She wondered where Brad was, now. What he was doing. She cared deeply for him, but she couldn't help but think that he was losing interest. And she felt the same. He'd stopped caring where she was or what she was doing...and that freedom was nice, but sometimes a girl just needed to be wanted. Still, she'd never do anything to or with another girl's man. It was just wrong. She didn't know Melanie, but she was sure that she was a really nice girl. Anne couldn't imagine Josh with someone who wasn't.
   Her stomach growled slightly, and she realized how hungry she was. Curling her toes to dislodge a pebble or piece of dirt that was irritating her, she sat back up, returning her foot to the floor of the car. Pulling in to another lane she looked for an opening to enter a McDonalds parking lot.

   Melanie looked down in to the darkness of the flat, over the ball of Anne's foot. There was space, plenty for her to manuever in. She thought briefly of slowly and carefully climbing down the sole of Anne's foot. There would be wrinkles, she was certain, that she could use to reach Anne's heel, and then possibly escape out the ankle of the flat. Closing her eyes and holding tightly to the toe, Melanie took a few deep breaths, preparing herself for the climb. She immediately wish she hadn't, coughing. She'd forgotten the odor.
   Scooting backwards on her rear on the ball of Anne's foot, she loosened her grip on Anne's toe and shifted herself so that she was laying on her stomach, her fingers dug in to the space between two of Anne's toes while her feet slowly searched for purchase.
   Her fingers slipped and her joints ached, and she started to fall, crying out as she desperately grabbed at Anne's skin. Just then, all of the toes came curling down with amazing strength, and Melanie screamed at the top of her lungs, burying her face against the ball of the giant bitch's foot. A moment later, she looked up and realized she was alive. Had she not slipped when she had, however, she'd be little more than a messy pulp under Anne's middle toe. Shivering in fear, she caught her breath and then screamed once more as the foot began to fall back down, the space between Melanie and the insole of the flat disappearing. She was going to be smashed between Anne's sole, and the shoe's worn insole.
   She let go, still screaming, and then her world went black.

   With her foot planted firmly on the ground of the car, she opened the door and stepped out, grabbing her purse, her full weight on her left foot for just a moment. She always liked eating inside the restaurant, and watching the cute couples, if there were any.
  
Chapter End Notes:

 

Don't plan on making this story too lengthy, and if when all is said done there will maybe only be six chapters or so. We'll have to see. If people like it enough, maybe I'll do another!