- Text Size +

After Rain had explained everything, Cara seemed pretty messed up. She sat still for awhile, not sure how to feel. Eventually, she sighed. "I'm gonna go shower. Get any remaining bodies off of me."

She stood from the bed, where she had taken Rain to talk, causing the whole structure to bounce back up. Rain lost her balance, falling over as Cara walked away oblivious.

During the explanation, Rain had come to the conclusion, out of everyone at the party, she was the only one not dead. That fact terrified her, 19 people had died over the course of one day, all because of Cara. And out of pure luck, Rain somehow survived. At least, so far.

While waiting for Cara to return, Rain fell asleep, the day's events catching up with her physically.

However, that wasn't the smartest idea. Rain awoke to a 'thunk,' and a weight present on top of her. It definitely wasn't Cara, but something lighter. Rain struggled against it, trying to lift whatever was pinning her down off.

She pushed against it, feeling how light the material was, and managed to put it together. Rain was underneath a pile of clothes. She began crawling, trying to find the exit. In the distance, she could here Cara calling softly out for her, trying not to be too loud.

"Are you under my clothes?" Cara whispered, she was right outside the pile.

Before Rain could get out a reply, Cara swiped the clothes off the bed, Rain included. She hit the ground mixed into the pile, tangled inside Cara's sock. The single ankle-sock was huge compared to Rain. As much as she struggled out of the sock, she slipped back down inside.

Rain watched, now, as Cara paced the room looking for Rain. After a couple minutes of anxiety build-up, she gave up. "Fuck, fine." Cara sighed. "I'm going to carefully do laundry. Try to make your way onto my nightstand... Where ever you are." Cara said, loud enough so the room could hear her.

Rain struggled more, falling down to the toes of Cara's sock. Her whole world rocketed into the air, as Cara picked up the dirty laundry on the floor and dropped it into the laundry basket. Trapped between piles of clothes, Rain felt hopeless. She fought out of the sock, but then found herself lost inside a mountain of dark colored clothing.

She cried out for Cara's attention, but unsurprisingly, it was no use. Cara couldn't hear Rain from that distance, and never would. Carelessly, she lugged the laundry basket to the laundry room, dropping it in front of the machine.

Rain lurched downwards as the basket hit the floor, her anxiety rising. As much as she crawled, everything ended up being a dead end. She was trapped.

Cara picked up the clothes in piles, tossing them into the machine. She was worried about Rain, so ended up zoning into the laundry, not really paying attention to it. Rain was a victim of this, seeing Cara's blank expression as she was tossed into the laundry machine.

Rain's pile landed on the bottom, staring up at the ceiling as Cara piled more in. Rain screamed, hoping she would echo enough for Cara to hear her.

Somehow, she did! Cara paused, holding a pile of clothes, ready to drop. "Rain?" She asked into the machine, squinting to see. She paused for a moment, then leaned back out. "Rain?" She repeated, towards what Rain could only assume was her bedroom.

Cara sighed, dropping the pile of clothes in. "I'm just hallucinating, Rain is fine." The pile dropped on top of Rain, pinning her down once again.

"FUCK!" She cried into a pile of dirty laundry. Rain fought for freedom as more clothes dropped down, each pile making her escape harder.

And then the piles stopped coming. "CARA! CARA I'M IN HERE!" Rain shouted. The clang of the lid silenced Rain; it was a worthless cause.

Rain kept climbing. Even if Cara left in the washer, that didn't mean she had to drown. The water rushed inside, chasing Rain upwards between the shirt sleeves and pant legs. However, as the floors beneath Rain were soaked, her own footing fell through.

The piles collapsed downwards, wet cloth pinning Rain down. The water rose up her horizontal frame, beginning to drown her. Rain couldn't swim upwards fast enough. The water surpassed her ceiling, trapping her in the cloth layer, with no exit to be found.

Drowning is a similar fate to suffocation. Rain struggled against the water, failing to swim upwards. Her lungs pulsed for air, Rain's lips begging to part for breath. She couldn't stop, she wouldn't stop, but that only made it worse.

She began to convulse, her body flailing for any kind of air. Eventually, though, it was no use. Her vision going black and her body going numb, Rain drowned in the washing machine, surrounded by her crush's clothes.

Meanwhile, Cara searched for Rain, and never ended up finding her. She never was able to prove what happened to anyone, not even being in the building when everyone supposedly disappeared.

Although Cara was taken to court, she got out innocent, and away with 20 accidental murders. Time went by, but eventually she moved on with her life, forgetting about the friends she killed.



Chapter End Notes:

And that's a wrap! Hope you liked it, sorry if you didn't!