- Text Size +

Only the first question was addressed by the monsters, or at least that’s what she could hear. They were talking about the way the grew. “Grow?” Do they grew to these size? Were they humans? Human youngsters! How could two teenager be so relentless of everything and cause so much destruction and mayhem? Where they this inconsiderate? Elsa could not believe they were just normal people who became like this. It could have been anybody else.

On one side she thought how better it would have been if someone worthier and more responsible had that kind of “accident” instead. But on the other side she also trembled to the idea of someone far more wicked or criminal who could have shared the same fate. She moved the thought away. She kept listening from her privileged position. They were enumerating possibilities which seemed extremely convoluted. In the end they started repeating a term more often. Any single word was pretty difficult to understand for human ears. It sounded like … “oo-nay”, “yoni?” “phony!”. “Honey” Elsa shouted. Then she covered her mouth in fear to be heard by the titans.

But they had no ears for her, or for anybody. They were kissing, standing in front of the ruins where once children used to have fun and parents to have rest. The kiss didn’t last very long. The giant was hugging his partner on her back and a moment later was squeezing her ass. She responded to the stimulus by lowering and reaching for her prize. She played a little with the sack under her prey and then she attacked. Elsa looked away disgusted by this further display of grossness. Extremely disturbed by the sucking noise coming from her back she started to walk into the ruins looking for the shortest way to the city.

She kept jumping between steel remains and passing over trenches in the floor talking to herself. “It’s unbearable. Don’t they understand there is people watching? I am tired of their attitude far more than the damages. If I were that size I would teach them a lesson about being considerate.” And while trespassing the destroyed net limiting the park borders, the light bulb turned on. “I can stop this. I know their secret. It’s the honey that made them big. If I find it I can stop them. At least, at that size they will not be a threat anymore for me and Arthur.” She paused after this last words. “Artie!” She said desperately holding her tears. “Where are you?” Elsa shook some sand off her body and with a new resolution started walking faster toward the shoreline. There was the last place she saw arthur being dragged away by someone. “I will find my son, then I will find the place this people come from and I will take this “honey” they were talking about and this madness will be over in way or the other. Arthur, mommy is coming to the rescue!”

***************

How did we get so big? That was the question.
“I am thinking about it since we were sitting before. It could not be something we did. We have had almost the same routine since three days.”
“We woke up like this.”
“Yes! It must have been something before we arrived at the beach this morning. Something that the sleep activated.”
“Maybe we are cursed!”
“By whom? No.” She refused the idea. I didn’t share it either. Even in that situation I was not completely resolved to magical thinking.
“Something we touched that affected us?”
“Maybe, but what? we slept in different bedroom ... thanks dad – she completed sarcastically - We went around town but it seems, whatever it was, it affected only us.”
“It must have been something at home.”
“Something that we didn’t touch, or use, or … drink? … until this morning. Otherwise we would have grown while we were sleeping tonight.”
“Right! Soap? No, it was always the same. Deodorant? Neither, I have mine and you use your family’s. The water?”
“From the sink. We don’t like plastic.” She interrupted me.
“Something we ate?”
“But we only had breakfast!”
“What was that?” It was just a few hours back, but it seemed like another life.
“I got it!” She exclaimed!
“What?”
“This morning, for the first time, we tried that stuff!”
“What stuff?”
“The honey! We finished the old jar yesterday. I remember because I washed it and put it on the sink this morning.”
“Yes. And we forgot to take a new one at the supermarket. And your mom scolded us about it!” I denounced unhears.
“Therefore – she continued in a full Sherlock posture – we used the old artisan honey in the cabinet.”
“It tasted a little strange. But it was just honey.”
“Yes, but the milk was the same from yesterday, the yogurt came from the same pack, of course the cereals were the same stale one. I had no fruit, did you?”
“No, never in the morning.”
“Either it is the honey, or it something we had for dinner. But we slept and nothing happened.”
“We can’t be sure the sleep triggers whatever it is. We can’t be sure it was really something we ate. What if we, we … teleported to another dimension which is smaller than ours.”
“Mmm, you may be right." I shrugged discouraged by the infinity of possible explainations, none of which was truly convincing.
"For what we know it may be whatever and still be plausible. But for now, the honey is our only track.”
“Hey, yesterday we went to that party your old friend organized.”
“Yes, Eli. It was her ‘late birthday’.”
“Yes. And who may say that there wasn’t something in the drinks?”
“You are being paranoid now. Almost everyone else at the party is from this city. This morning they were either working or on the beach. I don’t see anybody in our situation. And again, we slept and nothing happened. Then we wake up in the morning … late, we have breakfast, new strange honey nobody knows where it comes from and suddenly we fall asleeep on the beach. It never happened before.”
“You are right. The honey theory is strange but is the only thing different we did this morning. Well, except.”
“What?”
“You know, in the bathroom ...”
“We did it also at Eli’s party.”
"Sigh! True … so the honey is our main suspect!”
“Yes! Maybe if we didn’t wake up late we could have had breakfast at the bar and nothing would have happened.” I pondered the possibility. I am not very spiritual for the most part, but when something happens to me that seems not very probable I have that feeling of impending destiny over my head. And then it hit me.
“Mee ...” I recalled her with a voice full of anxiety.
“What?”
“We woke up late.” I suggested.
 “Yes, I know. Why are you telling me?”
“We woke up, we … ehm … changed in the bathroom together. Because the house was already empty. We considered going to the bar and then we found all the breakfast stuff already set in disorder on the table and we decided to eat there”
“Yes, I guess my parents considered tiding but then thought we would wake up sooner or later and they left everything on the table.”
“Yes, honey included.”
“Yes, honey includ … oooh!”
“Yeah.” I concluded closing my eyes in a smirk of realization.
She also got it. “Oh God!”
“Yeeah” The images forming in her mind couldn't be too different from those already fixed and flaring in mine.
“The spoon was already in the jar. Oh my God.”
“Ye-eh-eah”
Probably it resonated in her head with the voices of her parents repeating it for the millionth time while she spelled it in front of me. “Honey and milk make your day start sweet.” The tone with which she recited those words was the portrait of terror. “Do you think that …?” she asked with a clear shade of terror in her gaze.
I shrugged “I mean, we are not sure that it is, but if it is then …”
“Ohmygo, ohmygo” she started hyperventilating. “And now they may be around here!” Her eyes were wide open but she was not looking at something in particular. They were just inverse screen for the image of the most different and unthinkable of possibilities.
“Should we go find them?” I suggested.
“What?! - she almost screamed - No ... I, mean ... I don’t know.” She meditated the idea. “I don’t think so. I mean, they went visiting that coral city. They intended to spend their day there. Whether they are … this size – she made a nonsensical measurement with her hands – or not, they will come back to find us. We should wait for them around here.” She paused and explored the surroundings with her sight. “I mean, we're in a sea of trouble - she smirked for the pun, I was not in the mood to welcome that and she frowned because I was not seconding her, and then she kept going - but we sure have a very peculiar perspective on the whole bay. We may explore the place from our position ... just a little bit.” She had recovered a lighter mood and was playful again. I was a bit worried of this playfulness. The amusement park's ruins were a dire reminder of the possible price of too much lightheartedness. 
“mmm … are you sure?” I asked.
She nodded smiling. For her, the decision was already taken.
“Oookay then! Explore ... but no touching.” I looked once more at the remains of the amusement park buried under the scraps of the once taller thing in the bay. Mimi followed my gaze in the same direction.
“No touching” She agreed. Then we hugged to reassure each other.
Then we kissed and started rubbing our crotches one against the other.