- Text Size +

The three of them reached Todd which was waiting for them sitting at a distance, waiting for the three to conclude their such longed for reunion. When they arrived he had already gained a standing position, showing his own impressive physique in the light of the early morning. Selena didn’t lose a bit and introduced him to her family.

The embarrassment wasn’t small, especially with Betty. For as convulse and confuse the growth process had been, the memory of the way there was in fact still pretty definite in everyone’s mind. Selena, to be fair, had completely removed it, if not as a neutral information completely erased in comparison to the happiness of being all together. Cassie herself remembered it all a little better, but as a series of phases of acceptance of the possibility to get back her legs.

Betty of all, seemed to be the only one to share the exact same mood of Todd about the events of the night before and the ongoing ones. It took a good while and a good dose of attentive censorship to tell the whole story of how Selena’s trip to the city of crystals had been interrupted. How she met Todd, why he was grown. Todd took the chance to point out that he had accepted to grow for the sake of finding a way to “improve Cassie’s health”. Selena didn’t know if this was a little reference to their disagreement the night before, but she kept going, cutting the part about the disagreement the night before. Todd had nothing more to add, nor did he wanted to contradict Selena in front of her family. Or in front of anyone else. A part that had been removed as well was the one concerning the two developing feelings for each others, but several hints in the story and the aforementioned memories of the night before left little space for ambiguities about the current status of their relationship.

Betty and Cassie listened carefully to each passage. The older giantess was the first one to talk. “So, there are other people that are as big as we are? Is it correct?” Selena didn’t just thought once again about the giants that had overturned her life. She recalled the moment in which substantially the same question had been posed to her by the journalist during the interview. She couldn’t say why, but somehow she didn’t like being remembered of them. She had no precise hard feelings toward those strangers, and they had slipped from her mind just as soon as she had reached a partial understanding of her condition, its potentialities and the plan to grow Cassie and make her walk again. But it seemed like everyone else she told her story to kept returning to what she considered such a small detail of the whole picture. Yet, she was intelligent enough to know, it wasn’t.

“Yes, there are other giants out there. I don’t know if they were the first, or if there’s even more that grew the ones I encountered, but for sure, at least those three are somewhere right now just as big as we are.”
Betty pondered about it and then asked: “But who are these people? And are they people?”
“I mean, are we?” Cassie asked ironically.
Betty rejected her niece’s sophistry “I mean, they did that to Selena, and only then she could … grow other people.”
“Well, maybe someone did it to them first, so they wouldn’t differ much from us.” Cassie replied.
“They were a family.” Todd tried to join the conversation.
“What?” Cassie asked more for the surprise of hearing Todd than for the information itself.
“They were a family. When we were in the gas station opposite to the one where Selena was grown, we … dealt with the smaller of them. She was a child, eight … nine years, I think. And she referred to the other two as ‘mom” and ‘daddy’ several time. It is difficult to understand what giants say when you’re small, but those words are pretty much unmistakable.”

The three women metabolized the news, and the first one to talk again was Cassie.
“Hey, this means we can grow people too, now!”
Betty was still thinking about the missing family of giants, wondering where did they come from and where may they be now. Selena was thinking about them as well, mostly waiting for the topic to disappear from the discussion. But Cassie’s sentence took everyone by surprise. She had put an enormous and, at least for Selena suspicious enthusiasm into those words.

“I mean … I suppose we all can, yes. Just … just like we did.” Selena agreed.
“Dope! Isn’t it?” Betty was just as disconcerted as her older niece.
“Why would you think that?” Cassie felt a bit under scrutiny for the lack of shared enthusiasm in the others.
“I mean. Selena did it!”
Selena got a little nervous “I mean, yes, I did grow you!”
“I mean, you grew Todd as well. Nothing personal Todd!” She said speaking to the giant. He kind of tried to express he hadn’t taken it personally with a facial expression, but none could say with how much success.
“It was for … it’s different!”
“Oh really?! Why is that?” Cassie defiantly asked.

Her most infantile part was suddenly emerging. She had plenty of times thrown out tantrums when she was a child when she felt Selena was being treated unfairly better than her just because she was the older one. Something that of course had almost disappeared along the years, but never completely. Except after the accident, when every animosity in Cassie had been completely dimmed. And with her rediscovered strength a little animosity had returned as well. Betty’s default reaction to those situations, had always been that of rushing to defuse the conflict.

“Cassie, honey, I don’t get your point here?”
“My point is …” but Cassie could see that she was getting unnecessarily angry over nothing and skewed her position “My point is that all of this is incredible, and to be honest I think it is such in a positive way. Like … I don’t know … I think I really like being a giantess!” These words completely reversed Selena’s mood, her expression turned immediately from bitterness to sudden approval. “I mean, you can really say that!” Selena added.
“Of course we’re all happy about your recovery dear, it fill my heart with the greatest joy in the world to see you like this, but …”
“Yeah, that’s great too!” Cassie interrupted Betty “But also being this big, and … and powerful! Like … I don’t know. I feel like I could lift a mountain right now!”
“I bet you actually could!” Selena had clearly jumped on the train of enthusiasm of her sister now.
Betty tried to curb that enthusiasm. “I mean, it’s … like … what would we eat? And … where will we find clothes that fit? Where would we live? Is it just me that can’t stop thinking about these and so many more questions?” Betty asked looking at Todd. He, at least, seemed the only one not to celebrate or cherish the complete loss of their previous life. Cassie returned from her personal glorious fantasies and focused on the more urgent of those question. “All the other stuff apart, how do we eat, sis? Like, I feel like I’m kind of starving already!”
Selena smiled and then gestured in the vague direction of the plain and the hills in the distance. “Here’s a whole buffet for you, sis!”
Cassie looked in the distance hoping to see where was her sister pointing to, but to no avail. “Sorry, sis … is this some kind of joke on the power of imagination?”
“Cas, we can eat every single thing we want … apparently! Like, the first thing I ate was a gas station!”
“What?!” Betty interrupted.
“Yeah! Believe me! It seems that we’re so big we can digest even concrete, or metal. Actually, I don’t know how it works, but so far we have already eaten all sorts of materials and it was enough to fill without side-effects or any other consequence.”
Cassie and Betty weren’t convinced. Selena was a little lost in her thought, but then she returned into the conversation.
“Well, except one.”
“What?” Cassie asked.
“Are you alright sweetie!” Betty asked concerned.
“Oh, I’m fine now. It’s just …”
“Come on, sis! What is it?”
“It’s just that the first time … well, it gets a little rough!”
“What do you mean?”
“Weeeeell, I guess you’ll find out!”
“Are you kidding me? What is it? Dude, don’t be such an ass! What’s the catch?”
“Cas! There’s no catch. As I said, you can safely eat whatever you find around you. Even the earth itself!”
“I don’t know. You seem pretty suspicious!”
Selena was smiling thinking that seeing her sister controlled by that powerful pulse she herself had felt the first time she had eaten something as a giantess could be pretty fun a spectacle. Plus, she wanted to see if the thing was still there or it was just something that hit her. If there were any differences between herself who had been grown by the presumably original giants, and her sister and Betty which were sort of second hand giantesses. “Trust me! It’s fine. I’ll show you. But first, let’s move toward those hills. Here is pretty … inhabited and we don’t want to make any mess too close to these people’s homes.”
The plane they were standing was just outside the natural reserve, therefore far from densely inhabited. But still here and there a colonial house, a farm or a barn could be seen. And every single surface the four titans were marking with their footprints was someone’s crops field. Betty and Cassie followed Selena close to a set of small hills which were covered by a thick wood.
“This wood could be a valid starter, I think!”
“Trees?” Cassie asked still unconvinced.
“Yay! They’re close to a salad. Each one has a specific flavor though, but they tend to mesh when you eat them in a bunch.”
“Well, they are pretty small, indeed.” Betty commented embarrassed. She wasn’t more prone to eat trees than her niece, but she also had been educated to politely taste each thing which were offered her to eat. Moreover, the night before with all the commotion neither her nor Cassie had had dinner, so they were starving by that time. Selena ripped a good bunch of trees and brought them to her mouth she let them fall on her tongue and licked away the remaining on her fingers. She then chewed satisfied and gulped down. “Ah, pretty fresh! Still covered by the morning dew!”
Cassie and Betty had observed the scene and they knew it was now their turn to try. Each one approached the task differently. The younger giantess just ripped a very large amount of trees from the side of the hill leaving a newborn clearing at their place. She brought them to her lips and engulfed them helping herself with her tongue. She started chewing slowly, making a grimace for the unpleasant flavor. But the more she chewed the more her taste buds seemed to accustom themselves to the novelty. When she gulped down, she couldn’t deny it was kind of pleasant. So she reached for a second handful, now more secure of her intentions.
Betty, meanwhile had ripped just a couple larger trees and she was observing them as if to find a good reason to put them back. She possibly saw something moving on a branch, like a squirrel or a bird. And she gulped down in uncertainty. But looking at both her nieces intent to have breakfast with the forest, she decided it was worth a try. She had pretty much the same experience than Cassie. Unpleasant and unsavory at first, better and better while chewing. She thought it wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible either. She took a more consistent amount the second time and she ate them without further consideration.
Selena felt refreshed after just three or four bites. She wasn’t really hungry in the first place and she receded to watch her sister fall victim to the force from within. And the force didn’t take long before entering the scene. Cassie’s movement became lesser and lesser harmonious, she started ripping more and more trees without giving herself the time to actually put them in her mouth. The same mechanism, at a slower pace, was happening to Betty.
Selena could empathize with them slowly losing control over their appetite and even their deeds. Observing the phenomenon from outside though wasn't just as discomforting. It was in fact kind of appealing. She remembered she had felt something similar about Todd at the landfill and she started pondering about it. To be a colossal being was something she was slowly but progressively getting used to. To be a colossal being in a tiny world inhabited by tiny humans, was a thought she had already expressed a strong attraction for. But she started wondering if the whole thing worked like some sort of drugs that brought those involved in it to delve into the entirety of such a condition the more and the faster it kept going. 
She had accepted her size and even become grateful for it relatively pretty fast. And a strong accelerator of this psychological development had been the presence of Todd. Watching another giant acting and even just being beside her had painted the whole experience in a such a more positive way. She felt pretty awkward and even a bit terrified to interact with the minuscule customers at the gas station. Far less awkward and even a bit inebriating had been the encounter with the media troupe at the landfill. She felt she wanted more and more to kind of "come out of the closet" as a self-conscious and self-accepting goddess. And a goddess among mortals sort of divinity. Which meant, sooner or later, to gather up her small group, clear their common intentions and make their very own entry into society. The next step on this path was to convince Todd. The very man, which interrupted her train of though to ask her something.