- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


“Yeah, quite an adventure indeed!” Hannah, interrupted her friend.
“So … I don’t know … what do … what do we do know?” Cynthia really wanted to look less doubtful, but she couldn’t come up with better words.
“Well, we go looking for Zack and Mimi. They were headed to the lake in the north as I said. They may still be there, hopefully with my mom already grown.”
Cynthia couldn’t comment with anything but a polite smile. She considered it one last time. The only thing to do was to follow the flow for now, and finally reconcile with Zack. Later she would ask his version of the story and then they’ll figure out how to behave.

Following the flow was although easier said than done. She had to stand up, and walk, and traverse the region to reach the lake Hannah was talking about. The other two titans anticipated her and took their way outside the valley. They both easily passed over the mountain crest she was sitting on. She sighed deeply, looked at the hidden temple once more. It was miraculously intact and stolidly indifferent to the incredible events which had just deployed in front of it. She then turned to follow the only other two. They were already outside the mountainous part of the path, walking in the plains. When she overcome the last mountain side she could see where Hannah and Micheal had already stepped. Their footprints were as clear as in fresh mud. One of them was perfectly defined in the middle of a parking lot, hundreds of cars were completely flattened and partly submerged in the earth. It was impressive, but it immediately paled in front of her next discovery.

Parking lots are for cars, cars are for people. People were everywhere into and around the parking lot either transfixed by the impossibility of the situation or pragmatically running for their lives. Some abandoning their cars, some trying to reach it. Even though, Cynthia could notice, the road ahead had been truncated by another footprint. Giants modified the landscape with the sheer force of a single foot. Humans were too small to take any effective countermeasure. It was like fighting the weather. She couldn’t deny that seeing Micheal and Hannah proceed above all kind of terrains like it was nothing was really empowering from her perspective.

It must’ve been far less empowering for those moving dots below. People were ants. Cynthia had a good knowledge of the animal world and certain respect for ants in particular. But it was mostly linked to the idea of their cooperative nature. These gnats on the ground were far from cooperative little things. She couldn’t feel respect for them, just pity and preoccupation. She carefully avoided the parking lot. Even if she could hardly distinguish them from the ground below, those moving dots were still people. But people were those which inevitably ended up under her foot anyway. She didn’t notice the slightest difference. A dozen of fleeing people were unfortunate enough to choose the spot which to Cynthia’s eyes looked like empty and they didn’t last one instant after impact.

Cynthia had to accelerate her pace to keep up with Micheal and Hannah, but it was increasingly difficult at each step. She did her best do avoid everything that looked like human property, but her feet were as big as city blocks and the free spaces were getting tighter and tighter. She wasn’t orientating herself very well from her height, but in any case it seemed Micheal and Hannah hadn’t chosen the most deserted path toward their destination. Luckily, when they were getting to close to a mostly inhabited zone they stopped and stepped aside the majority of buildings. Many were trampled anyway, but the core of the town was spared.

She followed them in their path of destruction. She couldn’t feel but sympathy for the poor souls below which were as scared as possible. But there was very little she could do for them. Not just for now, but in general. She wasn’t on their side anymore. She couldn’t give someone a blanket to cover them or prepare hot beverage for comfort. She could barely see them. She understood there was nothing more to do for them. She felt a little tingle in her gut.

Since the area had been already bulldozed by the other two titans, she could just step on it without provoking too much more damage. She thought something like the fact that nobody could distinguish her footprints from the others. She pondered if crushing tens of people under her foot for another couple seconds then brushed the idea off her mind. They were people, she would be a murderer. But would she? Was she a person anymore? Does someone defines a storm a murdered when it inevitably passes and causes destruction and deaths? Maybe that was the giants' way of life. They were like atmospheric phenomena, independent from the human laws. By all means, above them. And yet, she decided to not yet commit to that ethos. At least, until she discovered whether it was reversible or not.

She passed on the side of the disaster area. And yet, she was so mesmerized by the chaos below that she didn’t look where she was stepping. She didn’t notice at least until her toes overbearingly entered the side of a large building. When she looked down she saw what had just happened. She had inadvertently entered an industrial area and the first building on her path was a very tall and large structure which from the enormous banner on the roof she deciphered to be a construction materials facility. Her foot had completely eviscerated the long side of the shoe-box sized factory on the ground.

There was a gigantic hole in the side which let clearly see the inside. Her toes were deeply planted among several machines and deposits of materials. She slowly removed her foot from the agonizing structure. More pieces of concrete fell from the wall causing sparkle of the blazing machinery to raise up. There was also a fire going on. Cynthia instinctively wanted to put it out and she stepped on it. This caused another good portion of the sidewall to crumble and collapse. Another row of machines was completely flattened. In the factory the smoke was so thick it was very difficult both to breath and to see.

The factory was obviously closed on Sunday. It took Cynthia all her cold blood to come to that conclusion. She was relieved. But immediately surprised by her next thought. It was Sunday afternoon. The whole industrial district was almost devoid of workers except some spare security guards. Apparently, a factory was extremely easy to tear down. If she wanted, she could demolish the whole structure with a few more hit of her foot. It would’ve been a great contribution for environmental effort.

Within Cynthia a debate ensued. This was her only occasion to make a meaningful difference in favoring a transition of the production in the region. She could destroy all those factories that polluted the most. On the other hand, the next morning thousands and thousands of workers would find themselves forcefully unemployed. Maybe this is what politicians struggle with when they make it so hard to actually sign effective laws to favor a greener production model. This last thought didn’t last. Most of them were either completely indifferent to the environment or too worried they’d become unpopular to actually make a change. It was factories like that that killed her husband, that got away with it, and politicians were re-elected through those same factories’ owners’ support. The decision had been made.

The factory took just three more cautiously placed steps to disappear. One fourth mostly symbolical step raised a small cloud of dust. Cynthia felt a rush of excitement and empowerment she had hardly ever experienced before. She could barely believe it. She just got rid of one of the biggest polluter in the area with far less effort she would’ve required to destroy a sandcastle. This excitement came with the bound understanding that she had caused an incredible amount of economical damages. She thought this was only an incentive to not stop there. What were they going to do? Arrest her. The only prison she knew was the one up north. She could easily cover the extension of the whole building by sitting on it.

This last consideration stroke even harder than her previous deeds. She wasn’t just so powerful she could destroy a whole industrial district in minutes of careful but easy work. She was also completely unaccountable. Police could neither stop nor punish her for doing what she wanted. And what she wanted was to do some more justice. She looked at her feet. There were a good bunch of other facilities around. A steel plant, the coal electric plant in the distance, several chemical industries involved in the refinement of petrol or the production of plastic product. It was the playground of her dreams.

She moved to the next building, actually a couple of bigger structures and some smaller ones which all composed the steel plant. She trampled the smaller ones easily. They were at best twice the size of her soles. She crouched and got on all fours. She peeled the metal roof of one of the bigger structures. The plant was not empty. There were very few workers in complete panic. She looked at them running around chaotically for some seconds. Then she clapped her hands twice. Most of the workers stopped to look up. She then put one of her hands inside the building, she posed it open palm on a wall and pushed softly enough to completely demolish it without making too much confusion. She then swiped the tons of debris like it was a bunch of bread crumbs. She clapped her hands again. Those that were looking at this godly wrath of a giantess could clearly see her signaling the direction of the path she had just opened and immediately after starting to count with her fingers. Many got the message. All the others followed rapidly. After less than one minute the structure was empty. She lowered her body on the rest of it crushing it all with her weight. She felt her tits touch the machinery and observed as her mere weight was enough to completely flatten them.

Now she was laying on the ground with some of the workers right in front of her boobs. She looked at them. They were alive, but jobless and terrified. This was the most direct consequence of her action. Those specks on the ground were at her mercy. And she had no plan for them. They just had to accept her verdict. Their factory was better in rubble than in function according to her pretty botched environmental analysis, and in Cynthia the titaness’ world, decision and execution didn’t require much of technical time. She stopped staring at the fleeing flecks on the concrete and rolled on her back flattening another building under her ass. She finally stood up and brushed herself quickly.

The last standing part of the facility was the row of furnaces. They were three towers of convoluted tangles of tubes and steel walkway and from the fumes exiting from above, Cynthia could see all three were active. Every minutes tons of polluting gas were filling the atmosphere. They had to be shut down immediately. Steel was important for long-lasting items and infrastructures, but there was no point in building long-lasting stuff if the climate was due to collapse in a few decades. Cynthia considered her deeds as a favor to the steel industry.

She raised her foot and put her sole on the tangle of metal deforming it. She didn’t require much force to make it topple over and collapse to the ground exploding. There were scraps of metal scattered and half immersed into a glowing spot of magma and burning coal. She tried to collect it with her foot but it was pretty hot and she decided not to risk it. She moved to the second and then the third tower. They collapsed like the first one with close to zero resistance. The power plant was just an almost flat expanse of rubble, debris, flattened machines, metal scrap and this pile of magma just in front of Cynthia’s feet.

She was no expert of literature but even she had read some simplified resume of Gulliver’s travel. Despite the blatant relevance of such a novel to her ongoing experience, the only bit of text she considered kind of useful to her needs was the method a bigger being may use to put out a fire. She crouched on the magma and released all the liquids she still held in her body. It wasn’t much, but far more than enough to completely flood the remaining steel plant. Cynthia couldn’t notice it but her piss didn’t take long before reaching and submerging most of the workers which deprived of their vehicles were trying to flee on foot.

The more Cynthia released the hidden power of her immense body to destroy the industrial district, the more she was inebriated with power. She felt like a goddess of vengeance on behalf of the environment, and maybe also the environmental activists so often let down by politics and the society at large. She moved to the gas power plant and this time didn’t even took the time to look for the presence of workers. She started destroying it one foot at a time. She crushed even the few vehicles in the parking lot squeezing them between her toes. She moved to the central building and substantially walked into it. She then started stepping on the spot like she was crushing a cardboard package before recycling it.

Such a fiery course of action wasn’t the best approach for a power plant, which in fact didn’t take long before exploding with such a loud noise Cynthia had to cover her ears. When she recovered her senses a couple seconds after the blast she saw she was standing in the middle of a giant fire whose highest flames reached her knees. She had also hurt herself. Not excessively, but she could clearly see more than one small wound on her shins. She wasn’t a woman scared of physical pain, as long as it was wounding from external causes. She often scratched her skin during her excursions in the wild and had injured more than one bones in her youth. She calmed down only after Zack’s birth and when she started feeling the weight of aging on her muscular explosiveness and elasticity. A diminution which had completely disappeared since she grew.

She felt the long lost vigor of her youth. She was almost completely the same outside. Thin figure, straight back and long neck, short curly brown hair, medium size boobs with large aureoles and thick and short nipples, almost flat belly if not for some small rolls of fat on the lowest part of her torso, long and still athletic legs with prominent muscles, orderly half shaved crotch. But on the inside she didn’t feel such strength since ages. It was like she had consumed a stimulating drugs, and it was intoxicating her. She didn’t worry to much for the flames and instead started pressing her feet on the ground in order to suffocate their igniting source. She finally found the basins in which the gas was stored and ripped the ceiling off them. She knocked one of the walls down and let the thick liquid flow on the plain.

When she finished the last smaller buildings of the power plant the industrial district was in worse condition than if it had been bombed for days. It was a testament to the titaness’ power and for a newcomer it would’ve been almost impossible to guess what stood there before Cynthia’s passage. Walking some steps ahead she encountered also a smaller local enterprise of construction materials. It was just one small building, and it wouldn’t stand out on any list of the biggest polluter in the region, or any region in general. But a couple years earlier, they had cheated harshly on prices when Cynthia was collaborating with a local group of workers that were building their own collectivist and environmental friendly agricultural enterprise to the point that the workers had to postpone so much stuff they lived out of their few savings for a whole year. She knew it would’ve been an enormous punishment for so little. She pondered it a little and then she covered the roof of the factory completely with her sole to be sure to crush it with no more than one single step. She even giggled a little thinking of the face that asshole of the owner would do the next morning finding just an unfathomably large footprints in place of his factory.

She kept following Micheal and Hannah at a certain distance stepping here and there out of her path to demolish whatever she considered damaging to the environment or just the landscape. Her two same size friends weren’t so selective. They strolled straight ahead without ever considering what was being crushed under their feet. Cynthia knew among all the stuff they were trampling there were people. But she felt further and further from those beings’ predicaments with each passing minute. She surely still retained the full intent of saving the environment also for the people at large. It was this or that average Joe and Jill that mattered lesser and lesser to her. She was starting to enter into the titans’ mentality which at first she judged badly.

They were different beings, unaccountable in the same terms of the small humans, at least as much as the latter were unaccountable to the law of every anthill they may happen to step on. The only thing that still worried her was the way in which Ginevra may welcome that mindset. Would she just limit to dismiss human safety when this clashed with her own objectives or would she make a personal objective out of cruelty on humans? She thought that when even she could have a little too harsh fun with those puny things, she would get bored very soon.

Cynthia had destroyed countless buildings, suffered several explosions, blazing flames so hot and extended they could destroy a skyscraper, and she was left with some mild burns and a persevering itch in the shins where she got bruised at the gas plant. Humans were no match to such enormous beings, and even Ginevra despite her age was going to impact as the wildest force of nature on whatever human artifact or group she would encounter. She felt a strong sense of pity for the helplessness of her former kind. But she thought also that as long as this danger came with the fact that she was finally in charge of taking relevant decisions in favor of various environmental issues, it was a small price to pay indeed. Even from a human perspective, that would've been for the better.