- Text Size +

“What?!”
Arthur asked and protested at the same time.
“We will have a dinner date! We will be mr. and mrs. Kaiju on a dinner date in the world of puny little humans.” Jo explained.
“Pfff, that’s boring!”
“Hey! You said I could choose the game!”
Arthur puffed again but he resigned. “Okay. Mrs. Kaiju, would you like to go on a date with me?”
“Oh wow, I don’t know?”
“Eh …?” Arthur was confused again.
“I don’t know if I want to go on a date with you. I’m a princess of the monsters, and Godzilla made me a very interesting proposal!” Jo was thriving in the silliness of her own game. “He said he would gift me an airplane for breakfast!”
Arthur wasn’t sure how to continue, but he wasn’t available to let Godzilla have that win. “Well, I will bring you to dinner to a very exclusive place.”
“Oh, dinner? But it’s lunchtime now!” Jo tainted him.
“What? But you said … whatever! Here, behold! The ship with legs, ready for you to eat!”

He had done his best. And it worked. Because Jo came closer to him.
“Oh wow! But that’s wonderful! And it’s for me?”
“Y...yes?” He said dubious and scared of having her so close.
“What a wonderful gift!” She then kissed him on the cheek again.
“Yuck! Gross!” Arthur exclaimed, but Jo ignored him. She had done it for her own pleasure, not his.
“And look at all the little puny people! They look so tasty!” That last sentence alerted the boy. He hadn’t considered the people on the platform at all. When he was just contemplating the structure he had been blind to everything which wasn’t a piece of machinery, and so he had remained up to that moment. But now he could see.

The basis of the thing, the proper platform, was swarming with workers in their yellow or orange vests. Tiny figures were running in every direction desperately seeking for safety. And he had just submitted them to Jo’s hunger. He was a bit concerned. Eating people should’ve been by accident, not intentionally. But he also pondered that this one was more of a game. They were playing at being giant monsters, so they were supposed to destroy things and eat people. To Arthur’s knowledge, that was everything giant monsters did. To that, he could add the fact that Jo was his friend, he liked her and wanted her to be well. So, he thought, it was actually okay for people to be eaten if it was to feed her. Even the screams and the fleeing attempts of the little people seemed to be an appropriate part of the game. He and Jo were role-playing as kaijus and all the people on the platform were substantially playing along with them.

Thus he didn’t flinch when Jo attacked the structure with a loud roar and ripped the enormous transmitting antenna from the roof of the higher building. She started chewing on it like it was a string of licorice. Arthur was a bit uncertain at first, but then he decided to go for it as well. He reached for a very small cabin on the outer limit of the platform, ripped it off the floor with ease and bit a piece off of it. He looked at the thing in his mouth just to discover two workers inside which were screaming and bouncing back and forth in accordance with the way he tilted the thing. He didn’t stare at them too much because it seemed impolite. He just tilted the cabin over his mouth and let the two hosts fall on his tongue. He barely felt their landing and hardly any taste at all. Disappointed he put the rest of the cabin in his mouth as well and chewed on the whole thing.

Jo addressed him soon after. “Hey! You’re not being very romantic!”
“What? What did I do wrong?”
“Well, you’re just over there eating for yourself.”
“But … you’re doing the same!” He protested.
“Well, I want to do another thing. I want you feed me!”
“What?”
“You should worry about filling my belly, not yours! Remember that I’m the mother of your child! Do you want me to starve and die? Do you want to raise Reginald all alone.”
Arthur couldn’t distinguish reality from fiction anymore. The things that Jo was saying were all matter of fantasy, but the emotion in her voice seemed all too real. He surrendered and came close to her. “Thank you!” She commented delighted from his obedience.
“And what do you want me to feed you, my darling?” He asked sarcastic and a bit exhausted by all those mind games.
“Oh … I want the little people, thank you!” Arthur huffed visibly.
The little people on their behalf were in absolute terror, running in every direction schizophrenically. Arthur tried to pick them one by one but ended up smearing them on his fingertips. He soon passed to a more effective approach pushing them off-board with his other hand strategically placed right below the side of the platform. Once he had collected a satisfying bunch, he put his hand in front of Jo’s face. The girl didn’t ask anyone for permission or anything and dived her mouth on his palm. She licked off all the unfortunates and played with them in her mouth. Some were stuck on her lips but the immense muscle reached them soon and brought them inexorably to their demise. After a good while savoring her pray she swallowed, and patted her belly satisfied. She didn’t want to appear completely ungrateful thought, so while Arthur was using some sea water to clean his hand from her saliva, followed his example and collected some dozens of people in her hand. She than recalled the titanic kid’s attention and offered him her bounty. He hesitated a while but then accepted and ate all the people in her hand. Some stuck to his outer lips and one even on his cheek. Jo delicately approached him, plucked the poor guy from his face, ignored his screams of terror, and silenced them dropping him in her mouth. Both kids burst out in laughter.
“Little people are bit pathetic, don’t you think?” She asked excited.
“Yeah, they’re very weak! But they taste pretty good.”
“I told you. They’re the best! They’re tasty like chocolate. Wow, can you imagine little people covered in chocolate! That would be awesome!”
“Do you think my mom will be upset that we ate them?”
“What? Why?”
“Well, she said we shouldn’t harm people if it’s not necessary.”
“Ehm, knock-knock. It was necessary. Because they are very tasty and we wanted to eat them!”
“Maybe. But we could eat only the platform.”
“Letting them drown in the sea! Do you hear yourself?”
“Ow, right! I didn’t think about that.”
“Yeah, of course you didn’t. Dumbbell! If we eat the platform we have to also eat the people on it, otherwise where could they go?”
“Right. Right! I just don’t understand why they scream so much.”
“Because they’re dumber than you. They don’t see that we are helping them, actually! If we didn’t eat them they would be wasted, like a snack that you let expire in the fridge. Is it better to waste food?”
“No, it’s not. Little people are weak but also a but silly.” Arthur deduced.
“I guess they are. But we are here for them and will help them anyway. Because it’s the right thing to do!”
“Okay!”
Settled the matter, they attacked the platform once again and every time they discovered a new spot where humans had tried to hide, they bargained about whose turn it was to eat them. The entire structure was thus dismantled piece by piece and very few other people went wasted. When the only remains of the extraction platform were, literally, the mere platform, or at least part of it, the children looked satisfied at their work. They felt just as accomplished as if they had just finished a massive sandcastle, but in reverse. Their bellies were clearly protruding now, but they didn’t feel any particular form of distress. Jo in particular was in fact out of herself for joy. Her plan had worked magnificently. The conversion of Arthur from savior of the city to people gourmand has worked incredibly well. But she was not completely satisfied, yet.
She wanted something more, something else. Something which was now, unluckily, outside her disposal, because it was well kept in some other titan’s hands. It was the magnificent doll that Elsa had presented her, and her family, the evening before. She had loved her from the first moment, and she had not forgotten. But while convincing Arthur to follow her on her destructive path had been pretty easy since he was a child and while nobody could deny he had such a big heart, there could be far more doubt about his sharpness. The doll, though was in Arthur’s mom’s hands. She was a far different opponent. Plus she had already proved pretty jealous of her prey.
When the two infantile titans were almost back on the mainland, Jo could see something which spiked her hopes. Elsa was sleeping, heavily. She got one arm abandoned on her belly and the other one supporting her head. Her legs were spread on the city carelessly. Her breath was heavy and sometimes interrupted by snores. She couldn’t yet distinguish the position of the doll, but she imagined it couldn’t be very far. That was her occasion. Being she still a child, it was very difficult that she wasn’t the one sleeping while the adults around her remained awake. So she rarely witnessed the grown-ups at their most vulnerable. And as for everything else which showed her any sort of vulnerability, she could only think about how to exploit it. And in this case, she knew exactly what she wanted. How to obtain it, though, seemed like a whole different matter. First thing first, she would’ve had to get rid of Arthur. She looked at the boy walking peacefully beside her. He proceeded slowly, enjoying the water around his hips and legs, with his belly full and still exceeding his figure a little, and not any care in the world. Nor, for what could matter, any suspect.