- Text Size +

Standing taller than Hannah, a couple inches shorter than Micheal, when it was over, Cynthia took a deep painful breath, like she had to fill that immense body back with air. She panted for a good while bent forward with one hand on her knee to support herself. Finally she let her own breast go and started breathing less and less heavy. She raised her face and looked at the landscape in front of her. It was impossible. The mountains were not anymore imposing masses all above, but piles of dirt covered in green on her sides. She could see past them. She stretched her arms and looked at her own hands in disbelief. Everything was gone.

Her clothes, her shoes, her leather bracelets. The only things that had grown with her were the metal ones. A ring on her right index, one on the second toe of her left foot, and her small pointy earrings. She checked on her hips, the small tattoo of the tropical forest was still there. It was probably bigger than the original landscape now. She looked at her feet almost hit by vertigo. The ground was very far below, thousands of feet. It was almost like flying. Incredible. She was full of wonder for the new world she found herself in. She also started focusing on her own body.

She was naked and felt a bit of chill for the mountain breeze on her skin, but she felt an incredibly pleasant sensation within. Like she had been filled with energy, and warmth and strength. She didn’t feel the least tired as she was just some minutes before, she didn’t feel the thirst. She felt like she could run a marathon right in that moment.
“I am sorry, Cyncyn! It would’ve been to difficult to explain! I had to do and hope for the better. You were so small, it was almost impossible not to crush you. I am so glad we made it!” Hannah had interrupted her exploration of her new dimension.
“Ha … Hannah? Hannah! What happened to me?” Now she could clearly hear her friend. She was behind her with Micheal, so Cynthia turned.
“Oh … I wish I knew. I mean, you grew … like us! This is apparently the only way to do it. It’s a bit … unusual, but it does the job apparently.” Hannah smiled.

Cynthia looked around again. She looked at her naked friend. Her breast was still enormous even face to face. She looked at her tits. They were in full display, round and firm like they hadn’t been since some years now but they were still the good old regular size … in proportion.
“Yeah … I guess so! But … I mean … why? Why did you grew me? What happened? Did you grew Zack too?”
“Oh thank God, no. Absolutely. No, no! He and Mimi, they were already big. We found them like that. Or better, they found us when they got back. I mean, it’s a long story.”
“You’re confusing her, hun!” Micheal intervened
“Maybe, I mean … - she turned to Cynthia – you grew. I am so happy! Oh my God, we’re going to have so much fun!” And then she jumped on her giant friend and hugged her. Cynthia almost lost her balance. She planted on foot in the ground behind and it cut through the mountain like it was made of mud. The landslides, Cynthia pondered, they really were nothing to a titaness. They really were nothing to her now.

When Hannah let her go, Micheal shook her hand. It was strangely formal, not just because they were doing it as naked colossi standing in the middle of a mountain range.
She finally asked “So … where are Zack and Mimi? And Jo? How is the little Jo?”
“Oh she’s with Elsa on the coast …” “Elsa? …”
“Cynthia – Micheal uttered – we have a lot to tell you, please sit down.” Cynthia looked around in embarrassment. Hannah guided her butt on a nearby lower hill. Thus Cynthia could see on her side the hilltop with the hidden temple. It was so diminutive. The temple looked like a jewel or a decoration on the topping of a cake.

Cynthia couldn’t still fathom her situation. It was all like a dream, but she had pinched her legs still too much times to not wake up. She felt her ass encounter the mountain surface, it was incredibly smooth and it surrendered to her weight. The world bent to her body and her will. She could passively feel how powerful she was now. Also Micheal and Hannah took place on the surrounding landscape. It was incredible how that enormous valley had become such a cozy space for the three middle-aged titans.

Cynthia kept looking at every single gesture of all three of them in a sort of heightened state of attention. She was no fan of mindfulness after months of unsuccessful practice, but that experience surely made her seem the whole of her experience was in brighter colors and enhanced fabric. She looked at one of her foot, just the toes. She moved them by an imperceptible amount and destroyed rows and rows of trees. In general, she appreciated that everyone was not damaging the hidden temple on the small hilltop. It took her ten minutes to climb all those stairs, now the thing lied between all them like a coffee table. All this explorations of her environment although had distracted her.

Hannah and Micheal seemed to be already deep in their story when she finally focused on their voices “… so even if it seemed incredible, Jo was right … we could consume every thing regardless of what it was. And so we did!” “Yeah … about that, it seems like the first time you eat … you know, as a giant, you get a little bit out of your mind. Like, not completely out of your mind, you’ll be there, but not completely there …”

Cynthia interrupted Micheal’s babbling “I’m very sorry Micheal, maybe I lost some bits of the story, I don’t understand very well what you’re trying to say to me.” Hannah leaned toward her and took one of her hand to comfort her.
“Listen to me, Cynthia! Everything’s alright now. We managed to grow you, now you’re safe, and in a while we will be able to reach Mimi and Zackie. They’re absolutely fine. Better than ever I’d say, and you’ll see that yourself.”
Cynthia stared a little at Hannah’s hands holding hers. She understood her friend was comforting her, but the amount of information she had to process at every breath was really a lot.
“Ok … just, I don’t understand it properly. I know I sound stupid but can I ask you once more?”
Hannah tranquillized her “Of course, Cyn-Cyn. It’s obvious you’ve so many questions. We’re very happy to answer them all.”
"Yeah … well, about that. The first thing I don’t understand is … well, why did you grow me? I mean, you say, it just happened to you. And that’s fine, we’ll figure that our maybe. But you came all the way down to me and … well, you made me grow to this height! It’s just … I don’t get. Why so much effort?”
“Oh, sweetie – Hannah smiled like it was the most obvious thing in the world – we couldn’t just let you that small. It wasn’t safe at all. You could get hurt too easily!” The blond titaness kept playfully caressing her friend’s hand.
“Do you think so? I mean, safe from what?” Hannah looked dumbstruck from that question. To her it wasn’t less obvious than the words she had just uttered, it just seemed a bit indelicate to force her to say it out loud.

“Well … but from us, of course. I mean, you were so itty bitty minuscule. It was almost impossible not to hurt you.”
Cynthia’s eyes widened. She clearly remembered now her feelings when she was still to her old size. The titans were so big and so close that she felt on the edge of disappearing. She felt like her whole body was nothing, like it was a whiff ready to be disintegrated by a hurricane. And now she was a hurricane herself. Now people were nothing to her. She gulped.
“Oh sweetie. Of course we meant no harm to you, and in fact everything went well. Actually, it went perfectly! Look at you now. You’re gorgeous. I mean, you always were, but you’re radiating beauty and elegance like never before!”
Hannah was enthusiastic again, the only whiff which was blown off immediately was that moment of embarrassment in the words before.
“So … we’re big now. We may end up hurting someone!”
“Yeah … unfortunately! But now, everyone of us is safe. I mean, it took us a very long while to get here. I’m pretty sure Zack and Mimi will have grown my mom by now!”

“Ginevra is a giantess?” Cynthia asked surprised. She also could not retain from thinking about the words ‘have grown’ and the inevitable implications of that. She gulped again.
“Oh, yes, of course. I mean, we did it to make her safe as for you. But you know my mom. She would resent us all if we excluded her from something like this!” Cynthia knew Ginevra’s attitude, and since the only concept she had really mastered about titans was how dangerous they actually were to everyone not their size, she shivered a little.
“Sooo – she finally found the courage to make that other question out loud – did you happen to … you know, actually hurt anyone?”

Hannah didn’t lose a beat “Oh well, I’d say more than one. Eh eh! I mean, as I was telling you. We grew exactly in the middle of the Coral city, it was a disaster. Don't let me even start talking about the way the buildings turned into mud, it was like stepping in a poodle. I think I still have some cars and other stuff from that place stuck under my toenails. I'm kind of glad my shoes didn't grow with me, because the city would've made them irreparably dirty."
The nonchalance of Hannah's tone was far more disheartening to Cynthia than the content of her words. She was talking of reducing a whole town to pulp under her feet as if she had stepped by mistake in a pile of dirt.
"Oh, and then we even had our hunger episode down there. I wonder if there’s something left of it.” She looked at Micheal but with the gaze of someone remembering a visit to a fast food rather than the demolition of a city.

Cynthia’s mind tried to make a collage of the few disaster movies she had seen in her life to figure out what could’ve been for a city to suddenly find itself under the weight of those two in front of her. Her ass could testify her once more that she was using a mountain as a couch. What could that same size and power do to such smaller and infinitely more fragile structures like the human ones. She couldn’t find the slightest amount of remorse or even just worry in Hannah’s face, and she felt a certain discomfort in that. Her friend has destroyed multiple buildings, probably ended countless lives by just standing in the middle of a city. And she didn’t seem to care. It was very difficult to let that go. But she didn’t want to be impolite, so she repressed her uneasiness and decided to gather as much information as possible.

So she started asking some more questions but she didn’t have to do that too long since after a couple more back and forth, Hannah and Micheal started retelling their story once more. She learned about the role of the honey. She wondered how did they got that honey jar in the first place. What if there were other honey jars? Would there be more giants around? This last thought made her think for the first time that maybe it was a good thing that she and Zack were giants as well. In a situation in which a gigantic human could appear out of nowhere and crush the whole city, it was far better to know that you and the person you cared the most were the ones stepping on the city and not the one running away into it. She felt bad for that thought. It didn’t feel right to be grateful for being able to destroy a city. And yet, she couldn’t prevent herself from being.

That word, ‘safe’, now sounded more sinister than it had ever done before in her life. To be ‘safe’ apparently came with a price, which was to put everyone else out of safety. She often reasoned in terms like that. The advantages of modern everyday life had planetary impact as for the environmental cost and its discharge on the most exposed populations. You being properly heated in your winters costs someone else to suffer stronger and stronger monsoons in their summers. Being an environmentalist she had mastered the ability to evaluate the interconnections between concepts and their material deployment. In the end, this incredible and unpredictable situation was just an ecological rearrangement. The only difference was that this one, was not a long causal chain in which every action had a small indirect impact on a certain reaction. This one time, every single one of her actions was going to have a direct and visible impact on her environment, and to an unprecedented scale. She stepped in the wrong spot, a neighborhood and all its inhabitants disappeared. And of all the giants she had met so far, which amounted to just Hannah and Micheal, the well being of those inhabitants wasn’t a great concern.

She got distracted again. But she could anyway follow pretty well the story of how they met Elsa, how they came to deal with her very nasty acquaintance Carol and saved Arthur. She listened in silence, casually nodding here and there or expressing surprise, fear, amusement for this or that development. She couldn’t not think though that the way everyone had treated Carol was a bit hypocritical. In the end, Carol had never grown to the same size as them and thus had inevitably done less damages than any of them. And yet, she was the only one being punished because she threatened to harm the only human with connections in the “upper” echelons. If all that Hannah was telling was so naively and even distractedly recounting was true, immediately after having saved the son of this Elsa, they had destroyed the whole town.

Hannah and Micheal were just stating the facts, but it worked as a sort of crash course on the giants’ way of life. They didn’t seem to have any malevolent intent toward humans, they just didn’t care. While she was pondering how this conclusion made her feel, the story had included the reconciliation with Zack and Mimi and their trip to reach and grow her and Ginevra. A chapter which contained the scene in which the giants didn’t show any care in displacing thousands from their homes and later destroyed them all. So, apparently, from this short resume Cynthia could just consider what she knew. What was the world like by the time she was playfully eradicating secular trees without effort.

There were titans, a very large bunch of them. At least, the whole family of Hannah, girls included. Her own family and this Elsa and her son. Oh, and Ginevra as well. This last one worried her a bit more. Ginevra had malevolent intents toward many humans, almost all of them. She was always such an obnoxiously spoiled resentful woman. She made no mystery of the fact that she considered herself above almost anyone else. And now, she was going to be literally above everyone else. Such a woman with such a power was a possible disaster for everyone. How could Micheal and Hannah allow that in their sane minds? But again, what were they supposed to do? Being in their place, what would she had done? Wouldn’t she have enlarged Zack? It was too dangerous to let him remain small with a Ginevra strolling around town. And even if there wasn’t any other person so dangerous as her, it was still kind of a risk to not grow your mother when there’s people so big they can misstep on her whole town and not even notice it.

And here they were. This group large enough to organize a fun trip out of town made of people large enough to have towns as the main course of said trip. And she was one of them. She was holding a piece of the mountain in one hand. She must have had collected it while distracted by the story, or by her thought. It was like a miniature landscape, with some trees, the grass and bushes. She wasn’t sure, but she thought she had seen some small animals moving in the vegetation. She winced softly and let it drop several hundred feet below.

Hannah and Micheal were looking at her like school children after the resume of their day at school, waiting for a reaction or a response. She really didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t sure of her feelings about anything. She realized only in that moment that she had lost her clothes and her cellphone by growing, so she was in a certain way even more alone with just the two of them. “Well … ehhh. I mean, wow! That’s kind of an adventure!”