- Text Size +

Once Mimi had finished assessing the damage to herself, and paying close to no attention to the damages to everything else around her, Mimi looked at her crotch and found it functioning as a small bed for her redhead classmate. She reached for Samantha which was now communicating her position by the sheer fact of holding tight to Mimi’s hair in order not to fall. She detached the small giantess from her hair and put her gently on the ground. Not knowing what to do, I did the same with Ellie. She first gained a sitting position and then jumped from my hand. When she landed her now gigantic weight was visible through the cars that bounced a little in response.

Ellie reacted to her first standing contact with the now diminutive world like she had landed on a foreign planet. She looked around keeping her arms widened like she was trying to keep balance. After a moment, she crouched down and picked a car from the ground. She looked both astonished and terrified. She rolled the vehicle in her hand like the nothing it was. Then she placed it back on the ground. This last movement made her see something even more baffling. Behind the shopping carts station there was a child, a girl with a pinkish dress and a matching hat which was sitting in fetal position and hiding in the shadow. When the girl spotted the Ellie’s gaze she held her legs even tighter. Ellie could not believe her eyes. The small trembling thing, crumpled as she looked in that position, was no bigger than her fingertip. She instinctively moved her hand closed and closed like she wanted to touch and proof she wasn’t dreaming. She couldn’t do that, although, because she was reached by Samantha which hugged her all of a sudden.

Ellie was still to shocked to immediately react, but after a small interval she regained her senses and hugged her cousin back. They parted and looked at each other still holding their hands.
“Are you hurt? Is everything alright?” Samantha asked anxious.
“No, I think I am not. I mean, nothing’s alright. But I feel fine … physically, at least.”
Ellie looked down. Where before there was the shopping carts station, now there were confused debris in the shape of Samantha’s footprint. She looked again in order to find the small girl in pink but there was no trace of her. She worried for her fate. Could her cousin have just crushed her like a bug? She looked around again. Everything was unimaginably small. And it looked even small when she saw that they were standing very close to Mimi’s left foot. The size of the thing was intimidating. It was taller than them without counting the toes. It also showed feeble traces of everything it had passed over since that morning, including several shapes of cars, every kind of construction debris and sporadic red spots.

Ellie could also trace her cousin’s path to reach her from the several footprints she had left crushing cars and everything else.
“Sam, we are big!”
“Yeah – Samantha looked around once again – so it seems.”
Ellie had passed through many events in the last few minutes, and yet she didn’t seem able to surrender. She didn’t go to Mimi this time and instead turned back and walked in my direction while holding Samantha’s hand. Thus she had her first encounter with the consequences of being this big since her first step meant demise for a group of parked cars. I had regained my standing position and was helping Mimi to stand back up as well. She used her right foot as a lever planting it in the middle of the mall’s debris. Whether there had been survivors under the ruins or not, Mimi’s toes had set the matter for good. I apologized for my clumsiness. She understood it was to save Ellie so she didn’t scold me.

“Well, this surely didn’t go as planned”
“Yeah, it never does! At least, so it seems!” I sighed discouraged.
I could not add anything to that because I felt tapping on my ankle. It was Ellie which seemed to never have enough of further commotion. Not knowing what to do I knelt down. When I was close enough to hear well she didn’t wait for any word from me.
“You, you’re not less guilty than her!” Samantha didn’t look as convinced as her cousin in seeking retaliation, but now she seemed to have decided to stand on her side.
“What did you do?” Ellie continued. “Look at us! Look at me! Why would you do something like that?”
I wasn’t sure how to answer that. It had been Mimi’s idea at first, but I couldn’t deny my complicity in the acts. She was right, I was guilty as well. Mimi jumped in to my rescue.
“Why are you making such a scene?” She was on all fours now, her head hovering right above the two giantesses. Ellie turned in her direction not an ounce less serious or the least intimidated.
“What the heck are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? I mean, of course you are, you oversized hoe! - Samantha touched her shoulder as in order to try and moderate her cousin’s language, but she didn’t interrupt her - Look at me. I am a monster!” She emphasized her words by slapping her own torso.

Mimi remained silent a couple second and then she finally found an answer. Though she mostly murmured it.
“Honestly, I think you’re very pretty!” she didn’t look at Ellie directly while saying this.
Ellie was dumbstruck by those words as anyone could read on her expression.
But she rebutted “What? I am a … giant monster! Look! – she collected things on the ground – Look at this!”
She showed her capture. Some cars, a small van, two shopping cart, one of which must’ve been full before she picked it from the ground. At our size it was difficult to distinguish smaller items, if there were any. She picked one car from the bunch and pointed it straight at Mimi’s face.
“Look at how small this is! Oh, God! This is insane!”
Mimi tried to speak. “Look! I am sorry …”
"You’re ‘sorry’!? You … are. Soorryyyy?! Why did you grow us? How did you grow in the first place? What is this all?”
Mimi interrupted her “I am sorry … for what I said! It was offensive, and I was a prick in bringing that … name ... up ... again. I am not sorry though for growing you!”

Ellie needed a moment to accept the meaning of those last words. She tried to articulate an objection but she couldn’t.
“As you keep saying … look at you both, look at Sam, look at yourself. You both are gorgeous now! I didn’t even know this would’ve done so good to you. And here we are. You both are giants now and you can use this … this gift, as you wish. I grant you the full freedom to use your power the way you think fits better to you!” She had acquired an increasingly authoritative tone, like she was bestowing upon the two girls some title of nobility.
Ellie was less and less convinced. “What? What are you talking about? Who are you to grant people stuff? Aren’t you the least interested in other’s people opinions? I want to be small again!”
“I’m a titan, if you didn’t notice!” This time, it seemed like Mimi used that term not as a generic definition of her size, but as a defining status.
“Zack and I, we’ve grown to this height and we’re doing what we think is the best out of it. And so should you! I mean, you’re already doing that! Were you interested in other’s people opinion before picking them up from the ground?”

Ellie didn’t immediately get the sense of that sentence but suddenly it hit her. She moved the car she was pointing at Mimi back to her face and looked inside. She froze. She gulped. Then, as slowly as she could, she crouched down and put the car she was holding on the tarmac as gently as she could. After a good minute, the car sped away leaving tires’ traces on the asphalt. The thing was so small it barely surpassed Mimi’s heel when Ellie had finished examining the content of her hand and releasing it all one piece at a time.
Mimi added “This is how it is now. There’s titans around, and there’s going to be more soon. And as you’ve seen it’s a privilege not to be small, anymore!” Mimi tilted her head in the direction of the ruins. I didn’t like that. She was pointing at the fact that many had perished for one single unfortunate movement. Ellie didn’t seem able to have an answer ready. Samantha reached her stepping on the cars that hadn’t let the scene and embraced her cousin.

As Mimi said, she really was gorgeous now. She had always been a beautiful girl, but now she was stunning. Her hair were radiant, her skin looked perfect, coated in her freckles on her shoulders, back and arms and as pale as possible on her belly and tits. I thought even Mimi was a bit intimidated by her presence.
“Ellie, you have to calm down! Everything’s fine. We’ll make it all work out, together!” That said, Samantha took her cousin’s face between her hands engulfing her cheeks until it was too difficult for Ellie to maintain an angry face. Then she kissed her on her forehead. Every movement was so smooth it looked unreal. Samantha really looked like she was untouchable by anything. Not even such an upheaval of her world as becoming a hundreds feet tall giantess.
She then turned to me “Ehi, Zack! Do you want us to do something?”
“What? No! I’m not going to ask you anything!”
Samantha nodded in silence which made things even more awkward “Look, I’m sorry for everything. It wasn’t the plan, but there’s a lot of stuff going on now and we had not much time …”
“Zack! - Mimi exclaimed – What are you doing? Don’t contradict me in front of them!”

“Mimi, enough!” Now that was an event. I rarely, or better, almost never stood up to her, even more rarely I did it in front of others.
“You messed them up. They deserve an explanation or at least an apology!” Mimi looked displeased.
But immediately after her body language suggested she was sorrier rather than angry with me. She had straightened her back and was pressing her hands between her legs while looking to the side.
“Okay … I guess!” She looked at Ellie and Samantha “We … we needed to know if it was possible to grow people. And … it was, apparently. I am ... sorry?” She mumbled those last words not sure of their sincerity. Both Ellie and Samantha remained silent. Then Samantha spoke
“Ok, it’s fine! You don’t need to be sorry. I mean, at least not for us. Maybe for the mall over there.” She smiled and then she looked at the ruins. This one time Mimi really seemed embarrassed for the destruction. Samantha really knew of to touch her chords.

“What are we supposed to do now? What can we do now that we’re this huge?” Ellie asked to her cousin.
Samantha looked at me “Are we going to shrink?”
I was caught off guard. “Ehm, until now, everyone who grew has remained big. So … we don’t know.”
I was stating that thing out loud for the first time. We really had no idea if this was permanent. But it had been two days, we had already gone through so much and the only thing which never gave the smallest sign of being in doubt was our size and the sheer inconceivable power deriving from it. In the end, I pushed for hurrying up in growing my mom because there actually were good chance for this thing to be long lasting. And with so many giants going around the place for so long, it was too dangerous to have her small as a human. Small humans had strikingly high chances of ending up like those unfortunates in the mall.

“Oh my God! We’re going to stay like this!?”
Samantha hugged her cousin even tighter. “Don’t worry El, we’ll figure out something.”
Ellie didn’t look convinced at all.“Sam, we’re freaks! Even worse, we’re the whole circus! What can we ever do like this?” Samantha looked around.
“Well, I’d have an idea!” Ellie looked around searching for the source of her cousin’s inspiration, but she wasn’t as lucky.
Samantha rushed in her aid “We can be helpful … for instance! We should help those under the ruins in the shopping mall!”
Ellie looked at the large and largely damaged construction next to them. Up to that afternoon it used to be an impressive structure to her and anyone else around. Now it looked like a strange art installment in the city park. Something she could circle around in few steps.
“Why should I? It was Mimi with her fat ass that crushed the thing!”
“Ellie! That’s not kind of you!”
“Well, her butt was far less kind!” She said while pointing at Mimi with her hand.
“Ehi!” Mimi protested.
“I’m stating facts, Buttzilla!”
“You, small prick!”
“Enough!” Samantha ended the discussion. She was not the biggest of the giantess arguing, but she was surely the only one behaving like a grown up.

“Ellie, you bit Mimi’s hand. She let you fall. Zack rushed to help. Mimi tripped and the mall crumbled.”
“So what? It was her who started!” Ellie protested crossing her arms.
“So, it’s either nobody’s or everyone’s fault. The point is, we can help. Therefore we should.” I was dumbstruck by such a sign of firm morality. I wished for Samantha to be the biggest giantess around. I don’t know if Mimi would’ve like that. But, all in all, it was her idea to grow her admirable classmate. Samantha didn’t wait for further responses and walked toward the mall. She didn’t pay attention to what she was walking on. She seemed to have internalized the golden rule without even having heard of it.

After a good minute in which Samantha alone moved tons of debris alone, Ellie started walking in her direction. Mimi didn’t even have to stand up. She could easily pick up the largest chunks of concrete from her position. Ellie reached one of the mall entrances and noticed it was buried under tons of debris. She removed them one by one and dug a hole where once stood the doors. When she peered inside her gaze met that of terrified people which backed in fear.
“Ehi you! You all. It’s not safe inside. You have to come out, now!” People didn’t listen.
“Ehi, don’t be like that! I don’t like this situation either. But we must cooperate! Please, come outside. The building is rickety!” Some people that were initially too scared to run away gulped down and decided to listen to this giant face. Ellie moved her head away from the entrance and some people started exiting. From our perspective it was like observing ants slowly coming out of the anthill. Since the first courageous ones seemed to have made it unharmed more and more followed through. Some even dragged their shopping cart with them. On the one hand I admired their attachment to material things they had just bought. On the other, I wondered how many would have found a car to put their new items in and bring them home.

Samantha was doing a similar job. She was even doing something both remarkable and terrifying. She was recovering bodies from the ruins and collecting them in a specific spot on her side. I wondered what a heart would be required to perform such a task, and I admired her guts even more. When the largest debris were displaced into the parking lot, Mimi stopped.
“I think we can’t be of more help from now on. Everything is too small”
Samantha turned to the gianter girl and smiled. “It’s fine. We’ll finish the job. The most is done, almost everyone is outside the mall now and I think help is on the way. We can take it! Right, El?”
Ellie mumbled an agreement full of her contrariety. She had plently of people in her hands because she had chosen to not give them the same amount of autonomy her cousin had. She was directly picking them up and putting them on the ground outside the mall. Sometimes she looked at them for a moment before putting them down.

“We have to go now. If everything goes fine, we’ll be back later.”
Ellie turned abruptly “Wait! Are you entering the town? Are you even more stupid than you look like? You will destroy everything!” Mimi let the insult go and answered.
“No, we’re not. Most streets are too narrow for us to pass. We’re headed to the lake, we will walk just on the town borders.” Ellie pondered the reassurance.
“Fine … Wait! You can’t leave!”
“Why, now?”
“I have so many questions. If we stay this way too long, where should we sleep? What should we eat?”
Mimi didn’t seem to have a ready answer, or better she didn’t seem ready to answer. She regained her stance and uttered “As far as we’ve observed … giants can eat whatever they want. Well … at least titans, like Zack and me. I’m not sure if your stomach can handle the same task. I guess you’ll have to work it our yourselves.”
“What?! You grew us and you don’t even know what we should eat? You mammoth moron!”
“What a itsy bitsy poet, do we have! You should be grateful I grew you! - Now, those were words in which Mimi believed more than her previous apologies – Yet, even at this size, I guess my stomach could handle you!”
Ellie didn’t back the least in front of that poorly credible threat and was going to answer even more vehemently when she stopped. She had heard something which we instead could probably not hear. Or at least I couldn’t since also Mimi, which was still sitting on the ground in front of Ellie, turned her head. Finally, I followed their movement to the source of their attention. And what I saw was barely believable, and pretty uncomfortable. Samantha was chewing something and the only thing in her hands were other bodies she had retrieved from the ruins. Nobody talked until she gulped her morsel down.

The first to react was Mimi, which was a bit more accustomed to death by that moment “Wow! That was … crude!”
The dramatic pause was enough to hear Ellie mumbling just a feeble.
“Sam … what are you …?”
Mimi overwhelmed her questioning “I mean, if that does the trick! I guess … there you go, Ellie! You have at least one option now!”
Finally Samantha spoke “Okay … it wasn’t great, but it wasn’t impossible either. Maybe I’ll try something else later.” Then, without warning she tossed a body in a pink dress into her mouth and chewed on that too. According to Elsa’s story, the only meal of the woman she was holding captive had been an unsuspecting neighbor of Mimi’s family. So far, smaller giant’s menu was still human based. At least, this time it was people who were already passed away.

Another thing that took me a while to notice was that Samantha was still in perfect control of herself. Eating hadn’t unleashed anything in her. She could calmly go on with her task and snatch a morsel from her pile of bodies. Ellie was horrified by her cousin’s deed. But on the other hand, she was caught off guard by the dubious culpability of disposing of dead bodies which in the end was all Samantha was doing. She didn’t confront her immediately and instead moved around the mall to see if the other entrances were free and if there was anyone still stuck inside.

“Oookay … that said. We really have to leave now! Come on Zack!” Samantha and Ellie both turned their heads toward us.
“Will you come back?” Samantha asked “I guess so!” I answered.
“We just … have to do a thing. Then we’ll come back. Will you wait here?” Samantha thought about it.
“I think we will.” She turned to Ellie as if she wanted to ask for a confirmation, or to make it clear that was the plan. In whatever case, Ellie nodded.
“Fine!” Mimi commented. “See you later, then!”
“Bye Madeline! By Zackie!” Samantha waved cheerful.
Ellie raised one hand far more reluctantly. “By Zack!” She only saluted me. I waved at both.
Then we started walking.