- Text Size +

The pause had not gone unused though for the gigantic family. It didn’t take long for Hannah to recognize that the spot of grass they were, mostly, standing on was the big park right in front of their home. Jo got bored pretty soon now that the only object of interest in that colossal meeting had been taken away and sat down abruptly causing some minor shock-waves. She was now silently playing with two oaks easily eradicated from the ground. Meanwhile Hannah was scanning the surroundings in order to locate her apartment. Something which revealed to be kind of difficult, both because of the distorted perspective and the fact that most of the park at this point was just mud in the shape giant footprints erasing every topographic mark.
“Well, that is a surprise, isn’t it?” Micheal interrupted her search.
“I mean, who would have said there were other people in our … situation here?” Hannah thought a little about those words.
“Right!” she limited to say, distracted by her search.
“Do you … do you think we can trust her, anyway?” Micheal had lowered considerably his tone of voice hoping not to be heard by Jo, which in turn was completely uninterested in her parents’ discussion now that she had swallowed the trees and had found a minuscule garbage truck abandoned on the street.
“Well – Hannah put her mind to the problem without finding any conclusive remark – I think … we have no choice here. More or less. I mean, she is as big as we are, but she also has a … friend? Which is considerably smaller, so … Who knows? Maybe she knows something on all this thing. Maybe she knows how do people grow. How did we grow. Maybe she has something to do with it. We need to find out more.”
“I guess you are right!” Micheal sighed.
“But we need also to find Mimi and Zack. Mitch, look where we are. That’s the central park. Our building is one of those in the right, or on the left. They may be so close. We have to get them to safety!” Micheal was a little surprised to notice his wife was right and he also started looking on the ground in order to find the apartment.
“Ehi, look! The lady is coming back!” Jo interrupted them both.
Hannah had to think fast. “Mitch! I’ll talk with her and try to find out as much as possible. You look for the apartment and try to find Mimi and Zack!”
“What … what do we do with Jo?” At this point he was whispering since Elsa was very close.
Hannah looked at her husband “I’ll bring her with me. It’s safer if she is not toying around here too much.” And she wasn’t that far from truth, had Jo already eaten or crushed several vehicles and other landscape marks in the few minutes she had been conceded. Micheal nodded thinking of her daughter's deeds more like typical children's mishaps than careless destruction of public property.

“So where were we?” Elsa asked faking a renewed enthusiasm.
“Well we were beginning to know each other. – Hannah answered – At this point we need to talk about several thing, I guess …”
Elsa kept smiling and looking at the other woman. “It’s just that … the three of us have done a good walk to arrive here and we are a little tired. Why don’t we take a seat in order to talk more comfortably?”
Elsa was a little struck by such an hospitable yet unexpected offer. Almost like she had come to visit the other titan in her home and they could “take a seat” in a living room.
“Yi...yeah. I mean, it’s fine. It’s just …” Elsa looked around, the small town on the ground was already in complete chaos. Both on the side she had just walked back and on the other from where Hannah and her family had come there were debris, open fires minuscule lights and shadows of people and vehicles trying to abandon that apocalyptic landscape as soon as possible. Not the tidiest of the living room. “… where can we go find … a seat?” Elsa concluded politely.
The question resonated harshly into Hannah’s chest which felt caught off guard. But she didn’t discourage “Oh well …" she looked a little bit around. The northern part of the mountain the old town was built on went up in the sky another couple hundred meters. It was mostly rocks and mountain flora, a place for hikers or families in search of pic-nic tables in the summer weather.
"Look! There’s Ohelim cliff. It would be kind of a climb in … normal conditions. But I think it will do just fine in our case.” She concluded smiling. Elsa was not enthusiast in having to traverse inhabited parts of the city again, but she knew that moment would have come anyway, so she didn’t find any valid objection.
“Ok, I guess … Fine! Let’s go then.”
“Ok, fine – Hannah continued and then touched her daughter on the head – Come on Jo, let’s go seat over there!” Jo stood up happily both because she had almost destroyed all the available toys in her surroundings and because she was going to stay as close as possible to the only thing she cared in the world in that moment: Carol the doll.

Hannah and her daughter started walking in the direction of Ohelim cliff. Elsa turned to Micheal which was busy looking on the ground “Aren’t you coming with us?” Micheal caught off guard looked at the busty giantess and tried to formulate the best excuse he thought of.
“Oh, well, go forth. I’ll catch up immediately. It’s … well, this is … was … I mean there’s our apartment somewhere around here and I was curious if I could find it. But … don’t worry. I’ll be with you soon”. He smiled trying to look as convincing as possible.
Elsa didn’t examined Micheal expression or sincerity too much since those words had just the effect to make her wonder how many other someone’s apartment she had already flattened in the previous minutes. She just nodded “Ok, then. See you in a while.” She smiled again politely and started walking in order to reach Hannah and her daughter. She reached them in two steps, some other city block disappeared.

Elsa couldn’t help but stare at the way Hannah’s perfectly polished toenails sunk into building after building without her showing the least amount of care. She seemed a natural in being a titan, while Elsa at best felt like she was still learning. But some part of her brain were pushing hard on the peer pressure engine and so she felt like she didn’t want to look like lagging too much behind. Both figuratively and literally. In some perverse way Hannah was unconsciously giving Elsa a lesson in how to behave like a strong independent titaness. Something that was having a strong influence on her. Thus, she focused in giving at least the impression of being proud in her next step. A small step for Elsa, the last instant of existence for a century old church and a golf club nearby.

Luckily, nothing in the world was too far for the titans and in fact they reached their destination in less than a minute. And they all sat down flattening acres of mountain, which resisted their weight even if assuming more or less the form of their butts. Jo remained at the border of the city territory and her mother didn’t bother to keep her closer. Elsa and Hannah got as comfortable as possible bulldozing tons of wood and rock with every little adjustment of their body and finally looked at each other.
“So who goes first?” Asked Elsa with her hand on her lap containing Carol which was listening carefully.
“Well … I guess it’ll be my honor to start, since we kind of invaded your … personal space by presenting here out of nowhere.” Elsa gave a sign of agreement.
“Well, Micheal and I live … have an apartment here in town. We live on the west coast usually, but we always come here for the summer. We lived here for many years in the past and we kept the house. You know, for the memories and all …” Elsa was trying to follow the discourse hoping to catch the relevance of this new information. But she was probably showing an expression of confusion, that Hannah noticed since she immediately shifted the conversation to more urgent matters.
“Sorry, I am digressing here. Anyway, this morning Micheal, Jo and I were visiting the city of corals and … well, I don’t know what happened but … the moment before we were strolling down a small side street looking for a place to buy some ice cream and the moment after ... Boom! We are this big, our daughter was playing with the ships at the dock and everything got crazier and crazier. The city was a mess and despite our best efforts it got messier and messier, I think. So we decided it was better to leave the place. And in absence of better options we decided to come back here. Also in order to … - Hannah didn’t feel safe enough to tell about Mimi and Zack - … well, come back home in some way and figure out what to do.”

While talking, Hannah was distractly playing with her toes crushing things as they presented. Elsa could not stare elsewhere. Every time the toes of the titaness touched the ground a car, a dumpster or a small construction was trampled, the other giantess didn’t seem bothered to reach also for the few people running. To Elsa they were just poorly distinct shadows moving eerily in the streets, but she was quite sure it was people that Hannah was erasing from existence one by one with her big toe, while talking of her day like it had been just a family field trip.

Then she looked at her own feet and could clearly see the remainings of more than one vehicle or light post stuck between her toes and she forced herself to think that she was in no position to judge Hannah’s behavior. And yet, the shortcircuit was evident. She couldn’t get her mind off the fact that those were properties, homes, people. But another part of her brain kept classifying it all as dirt. Elsa could both recognize the struggle of the people fleeing and the basic cognitive preference for order and cleanness which was satisfied every time Hannah covered those moving spots of dirt and smeared them on the ground below. She felt she wasn’t of the same kind as those people on the ground. It was, more or less, nobody’s fault, but she was now in a new condition, where people could sit on mountains and humans were conceptually closer to dirt under one’s foot than to feelings of recognition and respect.

The most troubling part was that Arthur was still closer to the condition of the people fleeing. But even on this, a shift was occurring. Elsa felt like Arthur’s size was wrong It was just a mistake of destiny. Almost as if his true dimension had always been on the side of his mother at a couple thousand feet of height, and he was just prisoner of a temporary and unnatural situation which had to be solved to restore a very weird normality.

The other "normal" woman in the while of all these considerations was going on with her brief resume. “So we arrived here, and here you are, as big as we are. And now … you know … the question buzzing in my head, in all our heads I guess, is: who is this woman? How did she got this big? In addition to all the other questions we have since this morning. I mean don’t take this wrong, please, it’s just sincere curiosity. But … that’s it I guess.” It required some courage for Hannah to recount all of it, but it was also kind of liberating. She decided it was better to omit the sexy moments with Micheal, also because she couldn’t understand herself why, since they had grown this sexual urge was never satisfied.

Elsa pondered a little what Hannah had said. It could’ve been all false, of course, but she couldn’t believe it. Her experience of the first couple of titans was of two people more or less completely unaware of the way they’d grown. To the point that they had to discuss about that, and thank God they did so she could find out the honey was the cause of the growth. And now she was not a spot of blood under the completely uncaring feet of the woman sitting in front of her in that exact moment, with a look of sheer sincerity on her face. And then she realized. “An apartment in town”! It was their apartment probably. They were in some way connected to the first two titans. Carol told she babysat the first titaness and her little sister. Jo! Jo was the little sister. First she had met the daughter and her fiance, and then the rest of the family. Surely the largest family in the world at that point. Elsa had many social qualities, but hardly the capacity to hold a poker face.

“Did I say something wrong?” Hannah inquired surprised by the other woman’s expression. Elsa came back to her senses.

“What? Oh no … no! Soooo, you don’t know how you grew?” She asked for confirmation.
“No. Sorry, it just happened. Luckily it happened to the three of us together. Otherwise it would have been kind of a mess, I think. I wish I knew though. I hope we will find out, somehow.” Hannah smiled a little embarrassed.
“Yeah … right – Elsa agreed, thinking of the mess she was stuck into with Carol and Arthur. She had to think fast, anyway. Should she be sincere with this woman.

At least, at face value Hannah seemed honest, her story made sense. She was probably not as smart or inquisitive as her older daughter which figured out the best hypothesis for their growth in a couple hours while she was here, a whole day after completely unaware. But she didn’t look like someone lying. “It just happened” from her point of view. Else couldn’t deny Hannah didn’t look like bothered that it happened, but she seemed like someone that never demanded for that. Someone that just was easy going enough to get along with the novelty without making too much drama about it. Elsa found herself once again envying that other woman.

“And what about you?” Hannah asked interrupting her train of thought.
“Oh … - Elsa stared at her interlocutor – me? Well … it’s a bit more complicated.” Elsa tried to find one final reason not to tell the truth. She looked down at Carol which was completely bored by this conversation and did almost nothing to hide her feelings just laying on her back like Elsa’s hand was a small bed and playing careless with one of her nipples.
“I … I think I know how you grew …” Hannah didn’t let Elsa go on
“What?! How?! I mean, how do you know? Is it … is it because of you?” Hannah couldn’t hold herself and was now visibly nervously waiting for answers. She just looked a moment at Jo to ensure she was close and safe. The girl, for her part, was laying on the ground throwing every sort of thing in her mouth from time to time. Hannah wasn't completely happy that the good old rule to not put things from the ground in your mouth had been so thoroughly canceled from Jo's moral code, but she was kind of relieved thinking she didn't have to provide any dinner to her daughter since the city below would easily suffice to the purpose. Hannah stared back at Elsa, intensely.

“I … I didn’t … I didn’t make you grow, but I know how you … we all … became this big.” Hannah remained silent waiting for a valid explanation.
“I also don’t live here. This was my first vacation in this town after … a while. I was married until some time ago, and I didn’t took it easy.”
Hannah was still waiting for answers but the sudden vulnerability the other woman had exposed made her release part of the tension.
Elsa kept talking. “I was on the beach this morning, when … well. When two people started growing. Right there. I am going to be honest, it hasn’t been easy to get away from the beach. People our size are kind of a disaster for normal humans.”
“There’s other people like us? Who? I mean, do you know them? Where are they now?” Hannah could not retain herself anymore.
“Wait, wait! No. I don’t know them. - Elsa tried to calm her down – I don’t, but … I think you do.” She looked at Hannah which was hit hard by this final remark.
“What? No, that’s not possible.”
“Look! The people that grew on the beach were a girl, 16 maybe 17 years old and a boy, the same age I guess. And I got stuck to a toenail. Then I got to hear them talking and … It’s just all messy. Sorry. Let me try again …”
“A 16 years old girl? What? How did she look like? And the boy? What about him?” Hannah’s head was about to explode right there. She never understood the words ‘too much information’ until that exact moment. Elsa tried to top her questions.
“She was … well blond. And pretty. I couldn’t see them very well from my perspective. Also I was kind of busy trying not to die … Anyway, the boy had brown hair, a whole head taller than her. Oh and the girl had a small … I mean, a skull of polish painted on the nail of her big toe.” And that was enough for Hannah to finally explode.

“Mimi!” She shouted. All the city could hear it and probably also the nearby towns. But given the ongoing disaster with a gigantic middle-age man roaming around, a 9 years old leviathan tossing people, vehicles and everything else in her mouth like they were candies and destruction everywhere, it didn’t catch too much the general attention.
“Oh my God, that’s Mimi. That’s my … daughter! And Zack, her boyfriend”
“I was thinking the same thing.” Elsa continued.
“And where is she? Have you talked with her?” Hannah asked anxious.
“Well, no. I couldn’t. You see, when I was with them I was still … small. So there was not much of an interaction.”
“But where are they? Have you seen them?” Hannah kept interrupting Elsa, which did her best to keep going. “No, sorry. I just got into a basement and when we … I … well, it was Carol’s basement. She brought me there. Anyway, when we came out, there was no trace of them. They must have gone to the south, I think. The last perceivable tremors came from that direction, but the mountain cuts the view so …”

Hannah was exploding with emotions. It was not just a basic relief to finally have news of her older daughter. She was also still trying to articulate the thought that if Mimi and Zack had grown most of her problems had been solved. This strange condition had turned her life upside-down but at least had gifted her the possibility to share it with her whole family. And Zack, of course; Mimi was not alone! This was heartwarming. Still it remained the problem to find them. And then she thought the thought that she was ignoring since her first conversation with Micheal that morning. Whatever caused her growth had caused the growth of all the inhabitants in the house. So it must have been something at home that caused it. But then she came with the necessary subsequent question.

“Then … how did you grow, Elsa?” Elsa was waiting for that question. She didn’t know how to explain it or if it was already the case to tell everything. She decided it was better to keep going step by step. Also because it was difficult for her first to make some sense of that crazy day.“Well … Carol and I kind of figured out what made people grow.”“How?! Is it something we did? Or you did?”“No, no! It’s … the honey. Listen, it’s complicated.” Hannah understood that Elsa’s difficulty was sincere“I get it. But please, help me understand.” She took the free hand of Elsa between hers and held it in an attempt to be reassuring.

Elsa was a two thousand feet colossus that had just crushed tens when not hundreds of people like ants under her feet. Had destroyed part of a city by merely existing and was sitting on a mountain like it was a slightly uncomfortable bench having the whole world literally crawling at her feet. Her son was smaller than she could even fathom completely and held captive by someone that didn’t skip a heartbeat in killing people. And she needed to convince the woman in front of her to let either her husband or her daughter’s boyfriend perform some kind of sexual act in order to make that same cold-blood crazy bitch sitting bored in her very hand to become even bigger and more dangerous for the whole world. That small human gesture from Hannah came as extremely appreciated.

“Look, I don’t know how close is your relationship with your daughter … but, I have to tell you some things” Elsa looked at Jo a little worried for the continuation of that discourse. The child had finally grown tired of the stimuli from the micro city and was now laying on her back looking at the stars not minding the two titan ladies sitting on the mountain.Elsa took courage and kept talking “Well, she … and Zack … I mean, they …”Hannah had an interrogative look trying to figure out the relationship between the honey reference and this talk about her daughter and Zack, and then “They? … ah! … oooh … did they…? I mean, it’s … - she puffed out of frustration – But … did they … in front of you? I mean … the town …” It was kind of a difficult conversation. Even more difficult when held between two almost strangers.Elsa looked in front of her at nothing in particular. “Yeah, I mean … it looked a bit strange to do that in such a situation, but maybe teen hormones or something.”

Hannah was pretty disappointed that a stranger had had to witness her daughter having sex. She suspected the two had already consumed, but in front of a whole city it seemed a bit too extreme. Then she remembered that her first act as a giantess had been sucking her husband’s cock dry before they started even talking. Not that she didn’t want, but it had been more like something inside her wanted it more and crushed every possible restraint. In the end, how could she judge her daughter which may have felt the same and had all the rights to show even less judgment.

“Anyway, I am not telling this for some reason in particular, they were even kind of … gentle to retreat to the sea for the whole time they stationed in front of the new town. But still, by listening to them talking it came up that one possible cause of their growth could have been some honey they consumed.”“I am sorry Elsa but I don’t follow you. First you tell me about honey, then about some … behaviors of my daughter. Now the honey, again.”“You’re right, it’s confusing. I am confusing because maybe I am confused.”“Oh my God! Tell her about the sperm!” A voice from below interrupted Elsa’s babbling. It was Carol clearly frustrated by how long this discussion was taking. Hannah looked down at the miniature woman in Elsa’s hand.

Elsa coughed to readjust her voice “As I was saying … not everything that happened to the sea remained into the sea.” Following Carol’s interruption, Hannah didn’t had to ask what Elsa meant.
“And your daughter and the boy, they had said it had been the honey that made them grow. So Carol and I, we … discovered that a drop of the boy’s mmmmmh, which had landed in the shoreline, in short it smelled like honey. Distinctively like honey. So we ...” Hannah was a bit shocked and a bit disturbed. But following the discussion she was happy that all of Micheal sperm had found its destiny either in her stomach or in her other orifices.
“And ... it made you grow? The … I mean ...” Hannah asked.
“Well, more or less. It made us grow to the size of Carol here” Elsa pointed at the content of her hand.
“Ow … ok, I guess!” Hannah was wondering for the first time how did Carol felt. How does it feel to be a giant and still be so small in comparison to everyone around you. She could not even imagine the presence of Arthur, kept captive into Carol’s hand. But finally she also reconnected the dots.
“Carol!” she screamed.
“Yes, Carol and me. We grew to her current height.” Elsa tried to explain.
“No, no! I mean, I know her. Carol, hi! It’s me, Hannah! Do you remember?” Carol didn’t want to take part directly to the conversation, but now she had been recognized. She waved her free hand a little in response.
“Oh my God! How small a world it is, isn’t it?” Elsa giggled a little to this last exclamation. Carol didn’t appreciated it, but she had to comply.
“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean in that sense. I mean, this is an increasingly surprising story. Carol, here used to babysit my daughters when Mimi was too young to care alone for Jo. She was very nice. Good to see you Carol!”

Hannah seemed to be completely blissful about the larger situation. It was kind of strange to talk like that. Even Carol could easily conclude that had she not grown, she may easily be dead under her feet by now with the bigger giantess not caring the least. On the other hand, she though that’s how things were. And as long as that fat bitch of Elsa complied with the request to make her grow, she was extremely fine with this new order of things. She kept thinking these things and nodding and smiling convincingly to Hannah like this was a job interview again.
“I have one further question though …” Hannah started.
“I know. How did I grew to this other size instead? I mean, to your size.” Hannah nodded. Elsa opened her mouth could not finish her story though because she was interrupted by a sudden rumble on her side.