- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


In the end, Elsa had been given no more than a minute to really understand her new dimension or enjoy the relief for escaping the fight with Carol. Even the sheer fact that Carol was now literally under her power, no bigger than a mouse, immediately lost any positive trait. Two thought had in fact changed the perspective on her new perspective. First and foremost, the almost reptilian reflex: where is Arthur? Then the slightly more sophisticated abductive conclusion: I consumed all the honey? She wasn’t given the time to consider a little more this latter question than the answer to the former struck her directly.

Arthur was not anymore on the balcony, nor on the ground. He was in the worst possible position in the world: in Carol’s grip. The smaller giantess had in fact fled from expanding Elsa and reached for the kid on the balcony just before the bigger woman had the time to catch her from the ground. Of course, she knew that the content of her hand was the strongest bargaining tool she was left with now that Elsa had consumed her only direct mean to greatness.

“Carol – Elsa tightened her grip as if she wanted to simulate the firmness her voice lacked – Carol, give him to me! Do you understand?”
Carol could both understand Elsa and in a sort of way also Mrs. Kimki for not grasping the meaning of her words before. At this difference of scale the voice of Elsa came like the sound of bells trying to reproduce human speech. Nonetheless she felt absolutely no remorse for her previous decisions, if not waiting too much at killing Elsa. At this point, her previous plan was not anymore suitable. Already meditating her next move she tried to capitalize her current hostage situation. She looked straight at Elsa without talking. Elsa was frightened by Carol’s stare, but a moment of sheer terror crossed her spine when on top of that stare, she grinned.
“Carol, you bitch! Listen to me, don’t do anything stupid. Give him to me, now!” Carol enjoyed another ten or fifteen seconds of silence which felt interminable to Elsa.
“Why would I?” She screamed. The thundering voice of the giantess arrived as feeble squeak to the ear of the titaness. She raised her capture closer to her face. The sudden movement was a little disturbing to Carol but she regained fast her composure and shouted again.
“Why would I? He is my prey at least as much as I am yours.” She seemed very happy of this last sentence. Like she had had the final say on their previous debate about humans and giants power relationships. The bigger disposes of the smaller as she pleases.
“Carol, you’re insane. Please, give him back to me. Please, listen to me!” Elsa was completely uninterested in the size dynamics. She had no second thought in supplicating a miniature woman she could easily handle as a lighter. She gulped hard and held Carol even closer to her face, maybe in the vane hope to distinguish better the figure of Arthur. But the child was completely hidden by Carols hands now disposed as if forming a small shrine. Carol was again a little disturbed by the sudden motion but she was getting used to it.
“Oh, for f**k’s sake, stop whining you fat ass! I am not going to hurt him, why would I? I love my little Artie here!” Her tone shifted from overt disdain to simulated sweetness. She then brought her hands toward her mouth. This single gesture shuttered Elsa’s mind and she could move only the moment after her brain composed the perception of Carol just kissing the infinitesimal child. Now Carol was talking directly to Arthur and Elsa had more difficulty at grasping her words.
“Ehi Artie! Have you seen it? Have you seen how big your mom became? Here take a look!”

She then opened her hands to a cupped position and Elsa had to squint her eyes to finally distinguish the ant-sized child holding dear on the mouse-sized woman hand. Even if a couple thousand feet of size came between them, mother and child could stare one into each other’s eyes again. But only for a brief moment, since Carol retreated her hands enclosing the visual field of her caption. Elsa’s heart had melted in seeing once again her child unhurt, her mind was prey of all sorts of contradicting thoughts. She and Carol were in a stalemate situation.

She was bigger and in theory she could’ve held the arm of the miniature giantess, but she was also considerably slower, and she knew that the sole strength of Carol’s hand was enough to kill Arthur. Moreover, she couldn’t tell in which hand her son was kept. And while Elsa surely was pondering all these facts, she surely lacked in that moment the apparent clarity and distinction of concepts and facts that they seem to assume in abstract. Carol on the other hand was conscious of the stalemate and far more trained to engage in that kind of psychological warfare. She was even toying with Arthur in her hand, extremely careful not to hurt him, while keeping her gaze directed to the giant woman holding her destiny on her palm. Elsa couldn’t stand that much longer and finally capitulated. She sighed and was going to accept all of Carol’s conditions. When she was interrupted.

“I am sorry, Ma’am! Sorry, can yo hear me?” Those were the words that shook Elsa’s world. She was petrified, she literally couldn’t even breath and all her muscle tensed instantly in fear. Carol could feel this muscular tension but Elsa’s palm was still pretty open, so she got distracted by her own surprise. Arthur on the contrary was too small, and completely enclosed in Carol’s hand, to have a grasp of the novelty, so all he could hear was, as usual that day, the thunders talking to each another. Hannah was not discouraged by Elsa’s first silent reaction, among other things Hannah knew she had come closer and closer unheard and that her words would have been a surprise for the other titan. So she tried again to establish a communication.

“Hello there, Ma’am! Can you hear me? Well, do you … do you understand my language?” Only in this final moment she had pondered this possibility. The other woman was surely talking to someone but Hannah could not see any other person around. Moreover, the other giantess was talking in a very low tone of voice so she couldn’t grasp a word. After another five to ten seconds of pause, Elsa came unfrozen and spluttered an awkward
“Yih...Yeah, I can understand … ehm … hear you?” Hannah was relieved there wouldn’t be any linguistic barrier among giants, at least in this case.
“Hi, my name is Hannah, I am over here, behind you.” She said cheerfully. Elsa activated the machinery of her body in order to turn herself 180 degrees. The city park used to have among other nice things a sort of public square with kiosks, benches a fountain naturally and some gardening works. The smallest movement of Elsa’s heel, caused by the titaness readjusting her position in order to finally encounter the source of that last sentence, decreed the square to be no more. She looked back and in the feeble light pollution produced by the city below she could distinguish the naked form of Hannah. For as childish or inappropriate as it could be in that moment, Elsa’s envied a little the other titaness’ thin figure.

“Hi again! My name’s Hanna. And well, nice to meet you!” Then the cheerful giantess did something extremely obvious and still slightly unnatural in such circumstances. She stretched her arm to shake Elsa’s hand. Elsa was a little shaken again by this sort of invasion of her personal or rather airspace, but then her limbic system tried to respond to the gesture. And she would’ve shaken the other colossus’ hand if she would’ve not been impeded by the small weight in her right palm. Elsa thought for a moment even to hide her diminutive load, but her arm was already stretched in front of her. So she remained silent and embarrassed. Hannah was looking Elsa in the eyes with her hand protruded and a serene smile. This other giantess seemed more frightened than dangerous, maybe her worries were misplaced. She felt even some sympathy for her. All alone, while at least in all this situation she had had the reassuring condition of being with her family. Or at least the majority of it. But it didn’t take long to feel that her expectation of a handshake had been delayed if not deluded.

She then looked down to the other giantess hand and saw something that immediately struck her.
“Wooooh!” she commented while fixating the mice-sized girl in Elsa’s hand. Elsa felt like she should have said something and the social awkwardness of the situation unblocked her lips.
“Yeah … well … ehm, this is, well, Carol!” She paused a moment“Oh, right! And I am Elsa! My name is Elsa.” The second time she was probably telling it more to reassure herself about her own name, of having a name in general, at that point.
“Oh – Hannah regained her composure slowly – well, nice to meet you, Elsa! And … nice to meet you, Carol!” And then they were both in silence since probably there was too much to unpack. And still someone had to break the enchantment. It was Hannah
“Well, Elsa. As I said it’s both nice and a little surprising to meet you … you know, under these peculiar circumstances.”
“Yeah … yeah, I guess it is!” She smiled and blushed a little.
“Well, maybe it was already a good lot of surprises for you today, but … I must confess that I am not … alone.” Elsa though about it a little. After all, this new giantess was not as young as the first two she had met that morning. God, was it that morning. It looked like another life. Maybe it was another life.
She looked Hannah in the eyes and neither smiling nor being too frowning she admitted “I know!”
“You know!? I mean, sorry, but, how do you … ?”
“Because I’ve met them, well, more like I’ve stumbled into them … this morning.” Hannah was pretty much surprised by those words, maybe this other titaness was not so innocent or ignorant as she first looked. She had stumbled into “them”? Maybe she was in some form involved into all this. She decided to be more careful in the conversation from that moment on.
“This … morning? Where … at the city of corals?” Hannah was thinking if Elsa was with them that morning, maybe not still grown and she may have had something to do with their growth.
“What? No, what city?” Elsa asked surprised. “I met them on the beach, here, this morning. Aren’t they with you?”
“What? Here? On the beach? Oh God … oh my God. No … I mean, no. I was … talking about … my family. They’re over there, near the hills” Hannah pointed in the general direction of the hills. The light was scarce for Elsa to distinguish shapes in the distance. But squinting her eyes she could finally define the contour of two other figures, one bigger and one smaller some kilometers away.
 “Oh … oh, sorry. I didn’t mean …”
“Well at this point we better all finish our presentations.” Hannah said.

She turned to Micheal’s direction and made open signs with her hands to get closer. The other two titans until that moment lurking in the dark stood up and reached Hannah. The first to arrive was Jo, and Elsa could clearly see the resemblance between the daughter and the mother. She must’ve been not older than ten, she thought back of Arthur, but in the current situation she couldn’t help but keep staring at the world becoming more and more populated by colossal people. Elsa was also a little surprised to see how naturally Jo proceeded over the city. Her feet kept bulldozing through streets and building like they were not even there. Less than a couple hours ago she was walking between those same construction the little girl was erasing from existence without showing the least amount of care.

Immediately after, Micheal followed and Elsa could have a clear look of his middle-aged, kind of bushy but still pretty buff chest, his general dad-bod and his small but perky eyes. She could see the whole lot of course, but she didn’t stare long in order to preserve some form of middle-class composure even two thousands feet up in the sky. He also more or less walked on the poor city, but at least he showed some sort of reticence from demolishing everything and it looked like he was doing his best to trample on just the bare minimum. Jo, as any child would do in presence of strangers, hugged her mother’s legs, and looked curiously at this new member of their small club of titans. Hannah brushed her hair to reassure her.

Micheal was the first to speak “Sorry, for this … surprise. But, you know, the situation is … well … novel, and everything and we wanted to be sure … you know, especially for Jo here. Anyway … sorry again. I am Micheal by the way, nice to meet you!”
He smiled and waved at the new acquaintance. Elsa perceived sincerity in his apology and yet also an aftertaste of something like a marketing sale or talking to a real estate agent.
“Yeah, this is my husband Mitch, and this little one here is Johanna, our daughter! Come on, Jo, say hi to this gentle lady”
Jo looked at her mother and then stared right at Elsa before finally disclosing in a “Hi, lady. My name is Jo. What’s yours?”
“Oh, come on, Jo be polite.”
“Don’t worry – Elsa reassured the other woman. Since she discovered she was a mother too, she felt somehow less in danger. Of course she was a gigantic monster demolishing city blocks without a care in the world. But she was also a caring mom. Elsa’s unconscious couldn’t conceive of her as a bad person – Hi, Jo. My name is Elsa. I am pleased to meet you.”
“What are you holding there, Elsa?” Jo continued untamed. “Jo!” Hannah tried to control her daughter, but in the end she knew how irreverent she could be.
“Oh … ehm … well, this is …”
“This is Carol!” Concluded Hannah in an attempt to rescue her peer.

Micheal rolled his eyes once he could distinguish the tiny figure in Elsa’s hand. He tightened his lips and gulped down a little. They had been titans strolling around a minuscule landscape the whole day now and still the vision of such a shrunken person was uncanny to witness for him. Jo on the other hand had a little more familiarity with diminutive girl figures, in the form of dolls of course. And this one in front of her was the ultimate one, since she seemed capable to combine both the prettiness of regular dolls and the cuteness of small animals. Against the hopes of all those that had tried to gift Jo with some toy of her taste, she never played with them very much. Either too busy with digital contents, or directly engaged in some kind of exploratory mission in her city block, the park or whatever. But now that she was looking at Carol, confused and sitting in the palm of this new giant lady, so cute and fragile, her eyes were brightened by sheer desire. That was the toy she never knew she’d always needed. She would have given everything under her possession in order to obtain that thing in return. But since the most precious good she could figure have ever existed was firmly in the hands of a stranger she limited to glue her eyes on the prey and hold her mom’s leg a little tighter.

Micheal was the first to react
“Well … nice to meet you too … Carol … eheh.” He pressed one hand on the back of his head to dissimulate the embarrassment.
“I think – Hannah started again – I do think, there’s some … explanations to do.” Elsa felt surely a little safer to know that the other giantess was in fact a woman like her more or less. A mother, even a wife, possibly a professional, and in the end she concluded, now that they were both the same size, it was fairly pleasant to know that there wasn’t just her and two teenagers somewhere in that peculiar condition. Now that the fear was leaving the ground for other feelings to develop, though, Elsa was presented with something a little bit unprecedented until now and surely unexpected. She could not help herself but glance back and forth at both Hannah and Micheal’s bodies and feel a distinguishable urge to touch them, to grab their flesh and most of all, both of their sexes. She shook her head to retreat immediately from those thought but she could never really dissolve that feeling.

Still, she kept from the point where Hannah interrupted “Yes, I mean. There’s at least two or three things that I’d like to ask you, but maybe there’s also a couple answers I should give.” Both Hannah and Micheal looked at each other and back at her with an expression of general agreement. Hannah was even trying to say something to break the ice, but she was interrupted.
“But first – Elsa exclaimed – I need to speak with … Carol here, in private. If you allow me. Then I’ll be all yours” She smiled, trying to look reassuring. Hannah was a little puzzled by this unexpected request for privacy, but she didn’t know what to object. Micheal looked at his wife for any clue. Jo was just disappointed that the most beautiful small thing she had ever seen was going to be kept away from her.
“Well, ok then – Hannah said trying to be accommodating – just … you know … stick around?” She smiled.
“Yeah – Elsa smiled back – Sure. Don’t worry.” Elsa then turned back and started gaining some distance from the family of titans she had just met.