- Text Size +

Hannah was in a generally very lighthearted mood, their long walk was over and finally she recognized the mountain they usually passed to reach their old home city, the vacation house and in general the place she always considered as a refuge for her and her family. She decided to climb the mountains first, then she would have helped Jo and finally Mitch would have followed.

The climb was not terrible, the slope was not too much and her size made it just as climbing on a pile of rocks, in two minutes she reached the top and the town, the bay and the evening sky opened in front of her. At first the familiar landscape had an extremely relaxing effect on her, it felt like coming back home, but in a novel way. Almost as coming back home victorious, yet she couldn’t define any specific victory to celebrate. Of course her position was far more elevated that when they usually traversed the mountain pass on the interstate, but more or less the sight was that one could get from the panoramic spot right after the ancient ruins on the pass. Although it didn’t take long to spot the differences.

In the distance, on the shoreline there was something missing, which was at first hard to tell due to the lack of daylight. Then she recollected her memories and noticed the visible absence of the main night-time source of light of the town: the Wheel was turned off, or gone. She squinted her eyes but it seemed the whole Luna Park area was dark and silent. In general the whole city was pretty dim, like half of the light went missing. She started scanning the whole landscape and she could recognize that in the northern part of the bay, where the mountain range abruptly cut the habitable space, there was an extended dark zone. Like something had erased some hundreds of meters of the city straight into the sea.

It didn’t take much to make the most probable hypothesis, maybe someone else had grown that day, into their same town. She felt her heart lose two or three beats, who could he, or she … or they be. And most importantly, where were Mimi and Zack? Were they safe? How could they be safe with one or more giants like her around? She pondered also the far less terrible possibility that that, or those, who grew were her daughter and possibly Zack. Maybe the growth was inscribed in the genes of her family. She shrugged that nonsense. She and Mitch didn’t share any genetic material outside Mimi and Jo. While she was pondering she was interrupted by Jo that called her attention since she was attempting at climbing the mountain. She turned to her daughter and husband.

“Jo, Mitch, wait!”
“What?” Mitch asked, Jo looked puzzled at her mother clung to the top of the mountain.
“Mitch, I think there’s someone else!” “What do you mean, that’s a city, I hope there’s someone else!”
“No, Mitch! I think someone else has grown” Mitch didn’t need more explanations; the same train of thoughts her wife was accumulating, traversed his head.
“Who … I mean, who do you think they may be?”
“I don’t know, but whoever they are either didn’t move north, since we met none at our … scale, or didn’t move at all.”
“Do you think they may be still around?”

Mitch felt something new and at the same time very ancestral. For his whole life he very rarely identified danger with another human being. Of course when he was a child he feared strangers and held tight his mother’s gown or his father’s hand in presence of others. But he had become very early pretty much courageous, or uncaring, and had grown up without major incidents with others. He had his fight and bruises, but he always felt more or less protected under the law or the general gaze of his community. At this scale, though, it was very difficult for him to think of himself as “under” something, least of all the protection of the law. A stranger could be a danger, a very material one. He looked at his wife with a worried face, than at Jo which was waiting for her parents to take a decision.

“The new town is clear. Whoever was there, is gone now.”
Both Mitch and Hannah looked south at the old town. It looked far more illuminated.
“It seems he didn’t go there as well.” Mitch concluded.
“I hope Mimi is safe!” Hannah commented, completely blind to the irony that what could be menacing her daughter’s safety was the fact that people like her were growing around.
“Do you think that it may be he…”
“I don’t know, Mitch. How could I? But at this point, I really hope so.”
“Let’s go to our house, if she didn’t grow or something, she and Zack should be there. It’s the safest place.”

Hannah agreed but soon remembered how easy it had been for them to crumble entire districts that same morning. The fact that the old town looked pretty much untouched from that distance gave her hope. Then she climbed down back to her family and they started walking along the mountain range. She could not complete her fifth step though that the most unexpected of things happened right in front of them all.

Right in the middle of the old town, which because of its elevated geographical position looked almost like a lightened stage to them, a figure became more and more distinguished. It didn’t take more than a minute for the whole process to complete and it seemed pretty harmonic in general, with the whole silhouette getting swollen by the seconds. When the process was over, a combination of street lighting, light pollution and the starry night delivered the sight of a new titan above the Earth. Hannah could see she was a woman, and even if the details were not very clear with that light she could give her more or less her same age. The giant lady was thicker than her in every respect but didn’t look much taller, her two most distinctive features were her extremely pronounced feminine forms.

Hannah was very proud of her large bosom but in confront to this newcomer to the titanhood she had to hand over the scepter. On the down side of the matter there was no competition at all. Hannah had been very thin her whole life, and even if after the second daughter she had gained a bit of weight on the hips, a rigorous diet and gym schedule had returned her to her desired size. The other giantess on the contrary seemed like she wanted to devour space itself with her thighs and ass cheeks.

The face was of course the further part from the city lights so it was the most difficult to distinguish. Moreover the giantess was not looking in their direction, which reassured Hannah. The only thing she could distinguish was the long straight blond hair and an ecstatic and void look in her expression like the woman was not completely conscious.
“Look dad! A woman appeared” Jo shouted.
“Shish – rushed Micheal to silence his daughter – Jo, we don’t know this lady. She may be dan … confused and be of harm to people or herself. We have to be cautious!” He whispered, ignoring that his whispering resembled the sound of thunders for a human ear.
“Wait here!” Hannah whispered back to them.
“What? What are you doing?”
“I will go and talk with her. She may know something more about what happened here. Maybe she knows what happened to us!”
“Honey, it can be dangerous!” Hannah pondered a bit on those words. “Possibly, but apart from anything else, she is … a woman like me” She highlighted those last words.
“I mean, if things go bad, you can come help. But I don’t think you will have to. Look at her, she seems a little lost, like … like we were this morning after growth. You stay here with Jo and wait.”

She then proceeded to move as silent as possible at least for her ears. For the world below it didn’t make much difference. Every step came down like a meteorite hitting the ground, tremors shook the mountain side and every time her foot touched down a good portion of someone’s property was canceled from existence. More than a dozen mansions or mountain houses were completely flattened without Hannah even noticing, or bothering.

The blond woman was facing in the opposite direction. After a first moment of immobility she seemed to have regained consciousness and crouched down to collect something from the ground. From the west side the mountain on which the old town was built degraded softly into the planes so Hannah could just walk without using her hands to help her climb. The blond giantess was facing in the opposite direction which gave Hannah the opportunity of getting closer and closer unnoticed. The titaness in the center of the old town crouched a moment and collected something at her feet, just to stand back again, and then something happened that petrified Hannah, something which was so much unexpected to her as it was trivial. She heard the other giantess talking.