- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The general idea was shrinking tenants for tiny apartments

Rick was tired and a bit frustrated, he’d been to several apartment complexes looking for a place to rent and all of them were either far too expensive or looked unlivable, even with a roommate his new internship didn’t pay him enough to live in this city. It was in desperation that he was meeting with one Amanda Smith, who had posted an ad about a rental for an absurdly low price. He frowned as he drove through what looked to be a nice residential area, if there was an apartment complex he didn’t see it. Finally the address led him to the driveway of a nice two story house. Rick sighed, maybe the ad was for a room? He’d come all this way, he figured he might as well check it out.

He rang the doorbell and was greeted by a middle-aged blond woman in sweatpants and a Ramones T-shirt, “Hi you must be Ricky!” she said excitedly in between smacks of her chewing gum, “I’m Mandy Smith, come on in!”

“Uh, Hi Mrs. Smith, I go by Rick usually,” he said as he entered the foyer.

She waved dismissively, “Oh I’m sorry I’ll try to remember,” the way she said it he wasn’t too sure, “You can call me Mandy or Mrs. Smith if you absolutely have to.” She waved him over to a table and sat down.

“Is Mr. Smith around?” he enquired politely.

She smiled wistfully, “Passed a few years ago I’m afraid.”

“Oh, Sorry,” he muttered awkwardly.

She waved a hand, “Don’t worry about it, I loved him but he wouldn’t have wanted me breaking out in tears every time someone mentioned him. So you’re here about the rental?”

“Yeah, are you renting a room or is there a basement suite or what?” Rick asked, he was tired and hoped to get right to business.

Mrs. Smith blinked, “Darling,” she said slowly, “Did you read the full ad? This is a resize-rental.”

Resize rentals had been a fad a few years prior when the first shrinking rays had been invented, the general idea was that a landlord could shrink their tenants and provide them with a tiny home at a hugely reduced cost. They’d fallen out of fashion for a number of reasons, critics called them unfair for the poor, the tiny rental units lacked some amenities of full sized housing, but really a lot of people were just uncomfortable being shrunk as part of their living arrangements. You could always find a few listed in any given city but as the “housing of the future” they’d largely fallen off the public’s radar.

“Oh,” he sighed, “I’m not interested, sorry to waste your time.” He got up to leave but she grabbed his sleeve suddenly.

“Wait Ricky just hear me out!” She smiled as he sat back down slowly. “Look you were interested because of the low rent right?”

“Yeah,” he replied, “I don’t have a lot of money to spare and cost of living in town is insane.”

“Well look why don’t you just try it a week, rent free, and see if you like it?”

“I don’t know,” he muttered, “look it’s a long way back to my hotel,”

“Oh where are you staying?” she asked, her face curled in disgust when he mentioned the name, “Oh Ricky, a boy like you? That’s no place to be spending five minutes let alone the night!”

“I can take care of myself,” he said, but a part of him knew she was right, apart from being a dump the only hotel he could afford while he searched for a room definitely had a dangerous feeling to it. “I’d better get going.”

“Absolutely not,” she said, he was surprised by her stern tone and paused a minute, “Sit back down.” He wasn’t sure why but he gulped and did as she asked. “I’m not letting you go back to that rat’s nest of a hotel, I’ll end up seeing you robbed or murdered on the evening news I just know it!”

She huffed, seeming to calm down a bit, “Look do you have anyone else you can stay with around here? Any money for a nicer hotel?”

“No,” he said a bit more glumly than he’d intended, “Honestly I’m lucky I can even afford to stay at that place, but I NEED this internship even if I’ve got to sleep under a bridge to work it!”

“Wow,” Mrs. Smith murmured with a hint of a smile, “I like the determination, but don’t take this the wrong way you don’t strike me as the rough and tumble sleep under a bridge type.” She opened her purse and pulled out a metallic green device that looked like a remote control. Delicately she placed it on the table between them.

“I-is that-“ he asked nervously.

“My shrink ray,” she said beaming, “Fully licensed, just completed the training course last month actually.” She saw his look at chuckled, “Oh calm down I know there are some horror stories but I’m not just going to zap you without asking. These things are very well regulated now, nobody can even use this one but me!”

“Right,” he said quietly as he stared at it.Briefly he remembered a news story from the last year where a jilted bride had shrunk and kidnapped her fiancé after being left at the altar.

“Here’s what I think we should do,” she said slowly, “I’ll shrink you down and you can stay in the lodgings I’ve got set up, tomorrow morning I grow you back, you head off to work. When you get in after a nice long day to think it over you can tell me if you want to try this for a whole week, rent free just like I promised and then we can talk about a lease. If you can’t stand being shrunk and just hate the whole thing you can walk out of here and look for someplace else to live. Sound good?”

Rick thought it over, he was tired and he hadn’t wanted to go back to the hotel, he’d had to take his suitcase with him to keep it from being stolen anyway. Mrs. Smith seemed nice, and it was odd to have someone seemingly looking out for him after just meeting like that… he didn’t want to admit it but her looks were weighing in his decision too, he’d always had a bit of thing for older women and Mrs. Smith was stunning even just in the old sweatpants and shirt she’d greeted him at the door in.

“Okay sure, what could one night hurt?” He said, trying to give her a confident grin.

“It’s okay to be nervous,” She said sweetly, “most people have never been shrunk before!”

“Well I definitely haven’t,” he said, “How… how does it work exactly?”

She showed him a small display on the top of the device, “It’s not too complicated, I just set here what height I want something to be when it’s small and how big it should be when it’s grown back, obviously the growth function only works on stuff that’s been shrunk and there’s a thumbprint scanner here to make sure only I can use it” She paused a minute, “You probably already knew this but only living matter shrinks.”

She stood up from the table and he gripped the sides of the chair involuntarily as she put in a few settings and aimed it at him.

A thought occurred to him suddenly, “Wait a second if only living matter shrinks what about my clothes and stuff?”

“Oh they won’t shrink with you, sorry,” she said dismissively, “If you’ve got any fillings or anything they should be fine though, it’s kind of like the time travel in those Terminator movies, if it’s surrounded by living matter it usually works for some reason.”

Fillings weren’t really what he was worried about, he was about to ask her to wait a minute when she pressed her thumb down on a large button and a purple beam leapt out of the device and made contact with him.

He panicked as it suddenly felt like his whole body was covered with the pins and needles sensation of a sleeping limb, not painful exactly, but awkward. He realized his clothes were feeling bigger, he looked up in panic to see his collared shirt rising over his head, trapping him as a naked figure in what seemed like a tent. With a start he realized he was standing on his own boxers as the shirt, no longer supported by his full sized form, began to collapse onto him.

He pushed against the fabric trapping him against the chair in confusion, he just needed to get out, get a bit of light. His thoughts were interrupted by something wrapping around his torso, he panicked and grabbed at it, trying to pull it off of him. With a start he realized that it was a finger bigger than his leg, he felt the thumb curl around his back and a feminine giggle as he was lifted out of his pooled clothes.
He blinked and gasped as the scale of the room hit him, he was being held in Mrs. Smith’s hand like a doll while she smiled down at him, her small kitchen was now an immense expanse. He blushed as he realized he was completely naked and in the hand of a beautiful woman, with all his might he struggled and tried to cover his crotch with his hands.

Mrs. Smith noticed his movement and tried to tamp her smile down a bit, “Oh I umm… you didn’t expect that huh?” She seemed embarrassed a minute, “I’m sorry I guess I thought you knew what getting shrunk entailed… specifically the whole uh… nudity part.” She coughed a minute, “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before Ricky, it’s very cute.” She blinked a minute, “That is to say YOU are very cute-“

The damage was done and the already embarrassing situation was now a million times worse. That pins and needles feeling was still swirling over his skin as he finally managed to get his hands over his crotch.

Mrs. Smith’s eyes went wide suddenly, “Oh Ricky be careful you’re going to be REALLY sensitive down there right after shrinking-“

He screamed in pleasure as even the slight brushing of his hands caused him to orgasm fiercely, he wasn’t sure how long it went on only that he bucked in her hand and she tightened her grip to keep him from falling, somehow that made it feel even better.

He panted as his vision came back into focus, he saw the concerned look of Mrs. Smith looking down at him, hesitantly he glanced down and realized he’d cum all down her hand and wrist. He leaned his neck back and groaned in shame. He couldn’t possibly feel any more humiliated.

“Oh my,” Mrs. Smith muttered as she carried him into the kitchen and pulled a few Kleenexes out of a nearby box, lightly she dabbed up her wrist, her palm around him, and then finally lightly on him. As soon as she was done she balled the tissue up and tossed it in a nearby trash bin.

“Let’s get you something to wear,” she muttered hastily. She walked to a door he hadn’t noticed before and opened it, revealing a basement. She walked down the stairs and entered into a finished but unfurnished basement, in the middle of the floor was an elegant looking colonial style dollhouse with a small television placed in front of it, well it was small to normal sized people… to him it was bigger than any theater screen. The only other item in the basement was a stairmaster machine and a rack of small dumbbells.

Gently she placed him in front of the dollhouse, “There are some clothes up there on the second floor,” she said quietly, “go ahead and put them on and then come out and we can talk.”

He looked around the dollhouse as he walked through the stairs, it was nicely furnished, he noticed there was an oversized, to him at least, light switch by the staircase, using his entire palm he flipped it and was surprised when the lights actually came on.

“It’s not really a dollhouse,” Mrs. Smith’s voice called from outside, he turned to see her eye filling one of the front windows, “Well not anymore anyway, it’s got electricity in all the rooms, toilets, hot water…” she giggled a minute, “Well you’ve got to empty a little tank underneath it once a month but since I’m the landlord I’ll take care of that.”

Rick walked up the stairs and wasn’t surprised to see Mrs. Smith had raised her head and was now looking in on that floor. He walked down the hallway, flipping another oversized light. He passed a spacious bathroom complete with a jacuzzi tub and walk in shower, he marveled as he passed what looked like a cozy library with a small leather reading chair. It was weird to think he could be renting a place like this for less than most people’s cable bill… if he just agreed to be tiny while living in it. Would it really be so bad?

Finally he reached the Dollhouse’s master bedroom with several dressers, on the bed there were a few pairs of doll clothes, some khakis and a plaid shirt with a Velcro back. Sitting on the bed he was surprised at how soft it felt, dollhouse furniture or not it was better than anything he’d slept on lately. He stifled a chuckle as he realized there was a redheaded female doll tucked under the covers.

“It even comes with a girlfriend,” he thought. He glanced around a minute.

“Sorry,” Mrs. Smith’s voice called, “they don’t make doll sized underwear.” She coughed and stood up, leaving the window, “I’ll let you have some privacy.”

“Bit late for that,” he muttered as he put the doll clothes on. They were a bit rough and didn’t fit as tightly as normal clothing but he was happy for any covering at that point. He walked back through the house and down the stairs, marveling again at how nice it all was. He stepped out onto the balcony and down the front steps, at this size the carpet felt incredibly lush. He looked up at the giant woman standing over him, he noticed she was barefoot and tapping her red painted toenails up and down on the carpet idly.

“So,” She began slowly, “That whole thing in the kitchen was umm… awkward, I’m sorry you’re the first person I’ve ever used that thing on outside of the training courses and those guys are all pros who are used to being tiny and being touched.” She cleared her throat, “I’m sorry, I mean half the courses are just about handling tiny people and making them comfortable and I just saw a cute potential tenant and it all just flew out the window.” She bit her lip, “Let me go get the ray and your clothes and I’ll change you back… I’ll give you some money for a better hotel.”

He glanced back at the house, “Actually…” he said haltingly, he wasn’t sure himself that he wanted to say what came out of his mouth next, “I’d like to stay here for the night, if the offer still stands.”

Mrs. Smith blinked and knelt down so she was closer to him, she was visibly trying to hide her excitement as she spoke, “A-are you sure?”

“Yeah I think so,” he said, a bit more confidently this time.

She beamed, “That’s great! You’re going to love staying here!” She stood up to her full height, “So there are a few other things to let you know, the TV there,” she gestured to the TV facing the dollhouse balcony, “It’s controlled by some buttons built into your front patio, it’s like a drive in in your front yard!” She thought a minute, “The wi-fi password is written down in your little kitchen somewhere and there’s an old smartphone set up in the living room, it’s a bit hard at that size but you can browse the internet. The fridge works and there are a few little meals I put in there… it’s hard to make something for small people that isn’t just a chunk of something bigger but I think you’ll like them.”

“Free food too?” He asked, “you should have mentioned that at the beginning!”

She laughed with him, “Well it seems silly to brag about giving you free food that isn’t even bite sized, I just thought it would be a good welcome thing but if you want I could work a meal plan or something into your lease… I mean if we draw one up at the end of the week.”

“Is there anywhere I could keep my full sized clothes?” He asked, “for work I mean… they’re just in a trunk in my car.”

“Oh let me hang them up in the closet here,” she said, pointing to a small wooden door in one corner of the basement, “I’ll take care of it today while you get settled in.” She rubbed her chin a minute, thinking, “So what time do you need to be at work?”

“Oh well I guess I’d like to leave before 8,” he replied.

“Okay well I usually get up early to exercise,” she said with a smile, “I can just grow you back to full size when I come down here to use the stairmaster and you can head out the door!” She grinned, “then when you get back home *pew pew* you’re tiny again!” She saw his expression and chewed her bottom lip, “I think we can make it more… professional next time we do it though.”

“Professional,” he muttered, “Right. What if I need to run an errand or something after work?”

She shrugged, “Well I guess I can always grow you whenever you need it but this thing only has a few shrinking-growth cycles before it needs to be charged again so plan your day carefully.”

He nodded, considering this, he glanced at her toes, still idly tapping the carpet. He gulped and found himself feeling a bit flushed again but couldn’t quite put his finger on why.

“Well I’ll let you settle in,” she said with a smile as she walked back towards the basement stairs, “Goodnight Ricky!”

“Good night Mrs. Smith,” he said quietly, watching her ass bounce as she walked up the stairs.

It had been an usual day, he turned to look at the dollhouse and with a shrug decided to go see how the jacuzzi tub felt.

When he woke up the next morning he stretched and sat up in the bed, it took him a minute to remember where he was and he glanced at the doll in the bed next to him.

“Morning beautiful,” he said jokingly as he rolled out from underneath the covers. He slipped on some clothes and pulled the Velcro strip on the back of his shirt closed. He glanced outside and noticed the basement lights were on, he heard a mechanical sound and wandered over to the dollhouse window to investigate.  

He gasped sharply as he saw his landlady using the stairmaster on the far side of the basement, she was the size of the statue of liberty and wearing a tight fitting pair of purple leggings and a matching sports bra, she had a bright sheen of sweat and her hair was slick. He heard a beep from the machine as the workout ended and she panted as the mechanical stairs slowly lowered her down to the floor, with a satisfied smirk she stepped to the floor and stretched before pulling her earbuds out.

Somehow she spotted him in the window from across the room and smiled and waved. She started walking over leaving Rick feeling a little like an extra in a Godzilla movie as she approached and stood over the house he’d spent the night in.

“Hey look who’s up!” She said with a grin, “I didn’t wake you did I? I didn’t know if the stairmaster would be too loud.”

Rick walked out onto the upstairs balcony to talk with her easier, “Oh no it didn’t wake me,” he said. He was struggling to keep his cool, this woman standing over him, sweating like this… it was all he could do not to stutter when he spoke.

“Whew,” she puffed, “I really hit it hard today, got to stay in shape you know?” She kicked her shoes off and then hooked her toes into her socks one after another and tossed them playfully away. “I hope you don’t mind if I get off my feet a minute,” she said as she sat on the floor.

“Hey my lawn!” he joked, causing her to laugh. Before he could say anything else she’d grabbed him off the balcony and placed him on the carpet between her feet.

“So,” she said, leaning over on her upright knees, “How was the rental house?”

“It was great!” he said, forcing himself not to look at the giant feet on either side of him. The smell of her sweat was overpowering at this size, as her smiling face loomed over him a few drops rained down from her hanging hair strands, one hit him in the face without warning, soaking his face and hair and causing him to sputter and fall backwards.

“OOPS!” She said as she pulled her hair back, “I’m sorry!”

“Don’t worry about it,” he said, wiping his own now soaked hair back, “I haven’t showered yet anyways.”

She had a mischievous grin suddenly, “Well in that case you wouldn’t mind rubbing my feet a bit right? They’re so sore from that stairmaster…”

His mouth went dry and he desperately wanted to scream, “YES!” but the words caught in his throat.

She laughed suddenly, “Oh you should’ve seen your face, don’t worry I was just kidding.”

“Y-yeah,” he said with a weak grin, “Kidding.”

She stood back up, “Listen I’m going to go shower and get changed, why don’t you do the same and we’ll meet back out here and I’ll regrow you for work?”

“Sounds great,” he said, he was staring at her feet now and wondering if she’d be able to see the tent in his doll pants from that height. If she did she didn’t say anything as she turned to leave.

Rick’s shower took him a bit longer than usual for an obvious reason, but he felt a lot more calm and collected when he met his landlady out in front of the Dollhouse.

“Just take off the doll clothes so you don’t rip them when you grow,” she instructed as she aimed the remote at him. She pointed to a hanger on the basement closet, “I cleaned and ironed your work clothes so you can just go over there and put them on.” She placed a hand over her eyes.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he slipped the doll clothing off.

She chuckled, “Well I feel like an idiot now but it seems obvious that I should just cover my eyes when I change your size so you can get dressed.”

He felt the beam hit him and a cooling sensation spread over his body, different from the feeling that shrinking gave him and maybe a bit more pleasant. It didn’t take long before he was standing over the tiny dollhouse himself. He walked over to his hanging clothes and put them on quickly.

“Okay you can look now,” he said, it seemed a bit silly after she’d already seen everything and more but he appreciated the effort.

“You look like a million bucks today!” she said grinning as she walked over to him, “amazing what just a good night’s sleep will do!”

He frowned as he realized he was only about eye level with her chin. Holding up his hands he realized his sleeves were just slightly too long and his pants went down passed his ankles too.

“Uh Mrs. Smith?”

“You CAN call me Mandy if you want hun,” she said with a smile.

He still wasn’t sure he felt comfortable with that so he ignored it, “I think you need to grow me just a bit more.”

She blinked, “No honey I’m pretty sure you were around what, 5’ 1” or so? Give or take an inch.”

“No I’m 5’ 10,” he said trying not to laugh at the absurdity of the conversation.

“You were definitely shorter than me when you showed up yesterday,” she insisted, she was smiling now too, “Come on I know guys lie about their heights and girls can be weird about it these days but there’s nothing to be-“

She was cut off as he pulled his driver’s license out of his wallet and handed it to her. She squinted a minute as she read it and then her face went red.

“Well,” she said finally, “I’m sorry, I guess I misremembered pretty badly…”

“It’s okay I was feeling pretty tired and worn out yesterday,” he said, “maybe I was slouching or something. Just fire up the ray again and fix it.”

“Uhhh,” she fidgeted with it a minute, “I forgot to put it on the charger last night. It’s going to take a few hours.”

“Of course,” he chuckled. “I guess I can handle one day being short.”

She lightened up a bit seeing that he was taking it in stride, “So umm… have you thought about maybe staying the rest of the week? Or longer?”
He paused a minute, “Yeah I think I’d like that, if you want to get a lease ready for when I get home from work-“

“Oh Ricky this is going to be so much fun!” she shouted as she leapt at him in a hug. At his height his face went square into her breasts, he got a nose full of her perfume and was woozy a minute as she stepped away. “You have a good day at your internship okay?” she said sweetly, ruffling his hair as he turned to leave. Normally he’d have hated having someone do that but… he didn’t mind when she did.

He blinked a few times trying to collect his thoughts as he walked to his car. Opening the door and sitting behind the steering wheel, now a bit higher than he was used to, he laughed softly. He’d found a place to live that was practically the lap of luxury compared to what he was used to, but his new problem was a massive crush on his bombshell of a landlady.

He started the car and adjusted the mirrors for his new shorter height. He sighed as he realized the office ladies, who often teased him for looking young, were going to have an absolute field day with this.