- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Background Pre Story Setup

Of a bunch of the powerful creatures hidden in plain sight, the fairies are very high on the list. Though plenty split off to become pranksters or follow their own ways, when all kept together in a group they're a very tough bunch. With their ability to use a many spells naturally and learn others through teachings.

All that ability comes at a cost, too much magical knowledge and energy absorbed in one fairy can cause their magic to leak out and go wild injuring the wielder and those around them. For these fairies that aren't able to adjust to their levels of excess, they have stones that contain the added magic power like a sponge that the fairies can store or take magic from as they please. These stones are a newer device created by the Fairy Queen to help her subjects, but some fairies learned of ways to drain these stones of others and increase their own power.

Such as one greedy fairy that craves more and more power. Using the special stones and her natural adaptive abilities she was able to store more in herself than others, as well as fit more into her own stone than most. She became a threat to many others who weren't even aware of what she was doing behind the scenes. Word did get around and another fairy who was always deep in her studies prepared for an attack on her. When she was attacked by the greedy one she countered the drain, but with all of the magic energy overflowing both crystals in their double drain sabotage, all of the magic shot into the air blasting both fairies into magic-less shells left lying on the floor.

The Fairy Queen had plans for these two magic-less fairies lying on the ground, lying under their joint magic floating above in a mess of energy. Perhaps by guilt for the flaws of these stones that were so easily taken advantage of, the ones created by the Queen herself, she had decides to give the thieving fairy another chance. She had split the free flowing magic that's whirling in the air into two special stones created by the Queen and elders that force a daily magical allowance on those wielding them.

Both fairies needing to learn control, control of her greed for the thief, and control of magical excess for the studious fairy that countered the attack. The elder fairies having to be the ones to monitor the daily magical usage and gains of the two, requires them to join newly developing magical fairies in a magical academy. This special academy is built in a human city, where normal fairy students just warp to, these two fairies are dictated by the Queen to both take these magical allowance stones and live with humans until their required new teachings are all completed.

The studious fairy, through all her protests to the decision, had to pack up and move out to a human home. Not knowing who would be there, how they’d act. Only knowing that she’s now stuck with some human family for an undetermined amount of time.