- Text Size +

“No you don’t you little shit.”

The voice thundered from above as the man ran for his life. At 26, he was in the prime of his life, but still, his sprints were no match as his body was quickly pressed from above.
Slamming her bare foot against the carpet of her office, Kelly wiggled her toes in satisfaction as she felt the little male’s figure against her instep.

“Slippery bastard, aren’t ya?” She asked the man who was now trapped under her sole.

Leaning back in her chair, Kelly chewed on the end of the pen in her right hand, her eyes drifting off to the ceiling. Her mind swirling with clouds of though before being interrupted by a knock from the door.

Leaning forward, Kelly met the eyes of her visitor.

“Oh. Come in, Sam.” Kelly smiled. “Close the door behind you, please.”

Walking into her boss’ office, the 25 year-old blonde softly closed the door. Her eyes briefly caught the sight of Kelly’s bare foot pressed tight against the floor.

“Product testing?” Sam asked.

Kelly sighed, “I’m just trying to brainstorm our new campaign. I was thinking ‘they can run, but they can’t hide’.”

Sam sat down from across Kelly whose red-hair shone from the sun coming in through her office window 28 stories above Atlanta. Sam hoped she looked as good as Kelly did when she turned 35.

“Blegh.” Sam gave Kelly a thumb down, earning a laugh.

“Ok. I would ask Derek, but he has enough weight on his shoulders.” Kelly smirked, speaking of the helpless man under her foot.

Sam smiled. She remembered how she and Derek had been hired on together. How haughty he was coming from in with an Ivy league degree while she graduated from ‘just’ a State school. Some good that Ivy league education was doing him, now.

The warmth of his boss’s sole covering his back, Derek’s face was pressed into the rough Office carpet below Kelly’s desk. Positioning his arms, he attempted to push himself, and Kelly’s foot, off the ground to no avail. The appendage remained tight, pinning him to the ground.

Registering Derek’s futile attempt below, Kelly repositioned her foot so that her employee’s head was between her big and second toe and squeezed. All while she continued her conversation with Sam.

“So, what’s up?” Kelly asked.

Taking a set across from Kelly, Sam took a glance under her manager’s desk. She wondered what fresh Hell Derek was being put through.

“I’m really struggling with the deliverables for the SMOL rollout in India. The government there is really up in arms about the price. They’re paranoid it’ll put, as our Mumbai Office stated, ‘too much power in the hands of the few.’ “

Kelly nodded, listening to Sam as she continued to squeeze Derek’s skull between her digits and then thought of a reply.

“Let me run this up the flagpole. I’m sure Ann has some ideas.” Kelly spoke of her boss, the head of Vilecio corp. “In the meantime, how’s Yuenyi liking her quarterly bonus?” The redhead changed the subject.

Sam grew a bit flush. The quarterly bonus system was why she get to see Derek so humiliated but was also a Damoclesian sword which hung over everybody’s head. Yuenyi was a recent promotion from the Beijing office; her reward being Sam’s former office bff.

“She’s ,uhhhh, enjoying Brittany’s company…” Sam replied, obviously flustered.

This earned a large smile from Kelly. “Wonderful! It’s important to keep our top performers happy. In the meantime, if you keep things up, I see a bonus in your future….” Kelly let Sam smile before dropping the rest of her words “….If not, then I’m sure Yuenyi would enjoy a matching pair…”
Sam gulped, a fake smile on her face at the coldness of her boss’s words.

“I have a bit more testing to do, so if you don’t mind.” Kelly glanced toward her door, signaling Sam to leave.

“Certainly!” Sam rose quickly, her face red with embarrassment, her feet shuffling as fast as possible from Kelly’s domain.

Pushing her chair back from her desk, she gripped Derek’s head tightly between her toes, scrunching them as snug as she could, and swung her legs around. Her feet landing with a soft thud upon her Cherry-wood desk.

At 6ft 2in tall, Kelly was a benefactor of some of Vilecio’s earliest bonus programs. When she had been hired 12 years prior, fresh out of the University of Cincinnati, she was no taller than 5ft 7in. By her 3rd year, however, she was able to look her manager, a former University of Texas Football Player, in the eyes. He soon found the roles reversed as Kelly’s secretary.

Back on her desk, Kelly’s toes splayed, releasing the trapped Derek onto the wood of her desk with a soft knock.

“Derek.” She spoke softly, but with authority. “If you’re conscious, please stand between my feet.”
Derek struggled to regain his composure. His head and body throbbing from the shorty 3 hours he had already been in Kelly’s custody. His boss’s voice soon issued its command. Struggling to his feet, he shuffled to the space between his manager’s titanic appendages.

Kelly’s lips could barely contain her teeth as Derek presented himself before her. Her feet framing his left and right.

“If only you listened this well weeks ago. Maybe Sam would be the one before me right now.”
Derek had never been so humiliated, this woman almost 10 years his elder berating him like a child.
“As you know when you hired on with Vilecio. You signed a contract that allowed you to quit at anytime with 2 full years of pay. If you remained with the company after 6months, however, you defaulted this opportunity in favour of Vilecio’s generous bonuses. The bonuses being dependent on your performance, of course. As we both know, your failure to meet 4 straight quarters of performance goals disqualified you from receiving bonuses and, instead, enrolled you in the ‘selfless employee’ program. Therefore, as payback for poor performance, you are used as collateral.”

As she spoke, Kelly flexed her toes. She enjoyed nothing more than putting lackluster employee’s in their place. It might be why Ann chose her for so many testing projects.

“Finally, as your manager, it is my discretion to what pool you thrown into. I’ve decided to enroll you into our ‘Vilecio’s Future’ program. I’m sure you’re well aware of this having come through our internship program. But, in case you’ve forgot. It will be my job to mold you into shape as a gift for one of our top 5 interns at the end of the summer. Word on the street is my niece is doing well. In fact, she already gained her first ‘ladder promotion’; bumped her all the way up to 5ft 11in. A whole 6 inches. I think she’s going to try out for her school’s basketball team this year and could use a couple insoles for training…”

Derek’s stomach sank at the cruelty of the company and this woman.

“…In fact, I think Brandon from accounting may be joining you soon.”

With Kelly’s legs on either side of him, Derek never felt so helpless.

“In the meantime. Let’s make sure you’re in tip-top shape.”

Reaching to the side, Kelly opened a drawer in her desk. Her svelt fingers pulled a rasp and small tin from within.

“Rasp” she held up the metallic tool with it’s grate-like surface. “Then hydrate.” She opened the tin, revealing the cream inside.

Stretching forward, she reached out, placing the tools before Derek’s 5-inch body.

“I want my soles soft enough to feel your tears on my run later. Chop to it.” Kelly smirked, leaning back into her chair and wiggling her toes in pleasure.

His body shaking with rage and fear, Derek carried the rasp to Kelly’s left heel. His arms burned with effort…

“If you do a good job. I may let you eat those shavings for lunch!” Kelly laughed…

--
Listening to her boss have fun in her office, Sam returned to her desk next to Yuenyi.

“Did meeting with Kelly go well?” The Chinese girl asked.

“Yeah. Great.” Sam kept her replies short. It was obvious she was shaken.

“No worry. If things not go well, I will keep you safe. But so you know my favourite nail polish is purple…” Yuenyi spoke matter-of-factly of Sam’s potential future.

“T-thanks.” Sam replied, both, terrified and angry.

“You and Brittany in wrong jobs. I’ll make sure you’re both put to correct work.” Yuenyi continued.
Sam put in her earbuds, her mind focusing on her work. Quarter-end was only 3 weeks away…