- Text Size +

Marcus looked everywhere for a table that wasn’t already populated. It would be nice to get some privacy with Vanessa, so far though, the search was coming up empty. Arms crossed in in exasperation, he was ready to quit, when he noticed a family getting up from a table. ‘Perfect!’ he thought, walking over to it. However, before he could sit down, he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. “Marc-Marcus Wade, is that you?!” a female voice beamed out, in excited glee. He instantly recognized the bright feminine voice, despite not hearing it since graduating High school. Looking in the voice’s direction, his prediction was confirmed. “Janet?” he asked incredulously

 

Vanessa had been in the line for 5 minutes, without it getting any shorter. Good thing there was a popcorn vendor nearby, selling bags for the wait. After grabbing a couple to snack on, she decided to take a quick peek, and see if Marcus had any luck finding them a table. Luckily, her 9-foot height made picking him out of the crowd pretty easy. Oh, she saw him alright, and what she saw almost caused her to drop her popcorn in shock. There was Marcus, and he wasn’t currently sitting at a table. If he’d even looked at all, it must not have been too hard. He was talking with a woman, one that was only slightly taller than himself. She was a cute girl too, radiating bubbly energetics. She had dark skin, and shoulder length hair. Her outfit consisted of a crimson red crop top, hip hugging denim capris, and white low top sneakers. She was a sort of plump, but kind of well built. “Who the hell is she?!” the Amazonian questioned, bitterly. Did they know each other? Were they related? Could that be an old girlfriend? ‘No, no, get that out of your head Ness.’ She thought, as she walked in the pair’s direction. After all, there was no need to assume the worst, when she could simply walk on over and get well acquainted.

 

“Jesus Janet, you look amazing!” Marcus said, as he stared in awe at his old friend. He soon found himself pulled into a hug, nearly smothered by her ample cleavage. “Right back at you Marcus. Fancy meeting you here, didn’t think you’d be back in town since graduation.” Janet Becher beamed, high off nostalgia. She found herself dumbfounded as she had coincidentally had run into her old “little buddy” from high school. The guy still seemed to keep some of his good looks from back then too, though it was still kind of adorable to see him shrink a bit, in her presence. It brought back so many memories from the old days. 

 

“Hey, you remember when Chad Dillan and his boys came after you, and I let you hide in my purse while I was at cheer practice? I recall you saying, “I owe you”, but we never did settle up, did we?” She teased with a giggle. Marcus flashed a cocky grin, continuing to reminisce. “Hmm, I wouldn’t say that. I remember spending a free period, whispering answers from under your hoodie for a test you didn’t study on, or was that not payback enough?” he challenged playfully. Janet gasped in remembrance, however she had no trouble giving the little guy his due credit. “OH yeah, you did. that really saved my ass. But any who, what have you been up to?” She questioned. “Oh you know-.”, Devin shrugged. “-A little of this, a little of that. How about yourself?”

 

 For the next few minutes the two had caught up on their careers, news on old friends, just everything. The two could’ve easily lost track of time going down memory lane together. “God Marc, it’s so good to see you again. It feels like it’s been forever.” Janet said warmly. However, Janet’s mirth soon turned to a chill of pure fear, as a large, powerful, yet feminine figure strutted up behind Devin, sporting a piercing glare. “Marcus, look out!” She shouted. Marcus lost an estimated 2/5 of his current size in shock, at the emotional whiplash. His eyes darted around wildly, looking for the source of Janet’s distress, as she stepped in front of him protectively. “Wow, de ja vu.” Marcus said in shock.  

 

However, upon recognizing his date, he could feel some sense of relief wash over him, as well as some of his current size return. “Oh, Vanessa hey. Janet, it’s all good, she’s cool.” He assured his friend. “Wait, what?!” Janet was dumbfounded, upon hearing Devin knew this giant. The “Vanessa” woman placed a large arm around her old school mate’s shoulder, before pulling him towards her waist. “Marcus sweetie, Aren’t you gonna introduce me to your- littlefriend here?” she said, flashing a somewhat friendly smile down at the smaller woman.