- Text Size +

As Vanessa Mars Parked her custom SUV between 2 spaces at the Rodeo’s lot, she checked her vanity mirror, making sure her lipstick was applied just right. “Perfect!” she said in satisfaction. Running her hand through her freshly brushed hair assuredly, she felt ready to go. It was bad enough she showed up late, but she didn’t need to be a mess too. As she exited her vehicle, she changed from her preferred heels into a pair of black slip-on athletic sneakers. Deep down she knew there’d be a lot of walking involved today. After all this was the Rodeo she was going to. Plus, it went better with her black sleeveless t-shirt any way (luckily she managed to get an Arby’s cowboy tee offline before they ran out). However, a part of her was reluctant to make the switch. Regardless of practicality, her heels were almost like a part of her. 

 

‘Compromise, compromise.’ She thought glumly. After begrudgingly changing her footwear, she carefully smoothed over her crotch region, hoping her choice of a denim miniskirt wouldn’t come back to haunt her. She loved the thought of showing her legs, but that was all she hoped would be showing today. Upon feeling the smooth surface area, she was relieved the tape was doing its job. “Great.” she said in relief, “so far, so good.” She popped a couple tic-tacks, for good measure, before walking up the parking lot’s large hill. Per usual, anyone within a noticeable radius were looking up in awe as she passed by. She offered friendly waives, smiles, and even hype towards the shared festivities that awaited them at the fairgrounds. She did her best to pay no mind to the onlookers' comments, as she continued her journey. Being a 9 ft. tall Amazonian, it was nothing she wasn’t used to, as it kind of came with the territory. Besides, there was only one person’s opinion that mattered to her today.

 

Standing alone at the the Rodeo’s entrance, Marcus Wade Checked his watch for a 3rd time, wondering When Vanessa would arrive. It had been 15 minutes since the agreed upon time. Luckily a white “Ride ‘Em Cowboy” t-shirt, and some blue jeans weren’t too hot, or this would be even more unbearable. “Come on, where is she? Hope she didn’t stand me up.’ He thought, paranoid. ‘Most people you meet on apps could be expected to flake on the 1st date sure, but not on the 5th, right? Right?!’ Marcus felt beads of sweat forming on his head, as he suddenly felt himself dwindling closer to the ground. ‘Uh-Uh, none of that. Stop it.’ He chided internally, stopping his decent. ‘She’s going to show up, we’ll have a great time, like always. I got this. Besides, she seemed happy as hell to get to go to the rodeo. She wouldn’t miss it.’ He assured himself, regaining his lost height. He was already short enough, without needing to shrink any further with self-doubt. Anyway, even if she didn’t show up, who says you can’t still have fun at the rodeo, it’s the rodeo!

 

“Marcus, hey!” A voice called, snapping him out of his self-assurance. “Vanessa.” He sighed, relieved. She came after all, and she looked pretty good in her all black ensemble. Apart of him especially liked her short skirt. Honestly, it may have been worth the wait. Scooping him up into a slightly awkward hug, the large woman instantly voiced her apology. “Sorry to keep you waiting like this. I changed a few times, wanted to make sure I would be good in this weather.” She said, setting him back on the ground. “What do you think?” She inquired, offering a little spin to model her outfit.

 

With a nervous chuckle Marcus offered his sincerest advice. “Honestly, black isn’t the wisest color with this heat. But still; you look great, Ness. Honestly, I can help you put together an “outlaw” vibe. All you would need is a little hat.” Vanessa Blushed at the compliment, as she and her date entered the line to the entrance gate. “Maybe you can win me one?” She offered, rubbing his shoulder affectionately. As they paid for their way in, Vanessa was overwhelmed by all the people and the activity around her. The event looked endless. However, Vanessa found herself taken aback by a rather sweet and powerful aroma. Searching for the source, Vanessa was transfixed at the sight of a man swirling a delicate cone across the rim of a circular machine. Pulling out a cloud-like treat, he then handed it to an eagerly waiting young girl. Marcus had no trouble putting two and two together, as he followed her gaze. “Cotton candy, you want some?” he asked. Vanessa nodded, barely containing herself as they made their way over to the vendor.

 

“Two please.” Marcus said, handing over two dollars in exchange for two fresh cones. He chuckled as he watched Vanessa’s eyes go wide with astonishment at the first bite. “it melts in your mouth!” She said, bewildered. “That’s not the only thing.” He spoke up to her wryly. “Ooh, you” She giggled, as she crouched down to peck him on the lips. However, the fun didn’t stop there, as the two tongues danced in each other’s mouths. Marcus was all too eager to continue, before Vanessa pulled away with a wink. “Getting a bit carried away?” She asked playfully. “Nah, that cotton candy is just really good.” Marcus spoke with a grin. “Come on.” he spoke, grabbing her hand. “Let’s see what else we can get into.” He said, as the couple walked through the stands. As he took a bite of his own cone, Marcus couldn’t help but feel this date was gonna be another good one.