- Text Size +

 “Marc, slow down.” Vanessa called, rushing to keep up with the little man, who walked busily ahead of her. He had been running around like a mad dog, anxious to find some game he could win, good food to eat, or anything that could help restore some of his dwindling size. “Well, there has to be something here. Look, there’s a squirt gunner, maybe I can win you a prize!” he said hurriedly. Vanessa sighed, as he was way too preoccupied trying too hard to impress her (even if it was just a little adorable). “You really don’t need to do that, I’m having a great time Marcus.”, she said sympathetically. Though, she understood exactly where these feelings came from.

 

She had watched him get slightly smaller and smaller, since they had arrived at the he fairgrounds that day. He shrank as his card was at first declined for tickets to the rides, then again, as he was whipped around wildly on the mechanical bull (apparently the machine was having major malfunctions during his turn). It got especially bad at the high striker game. The rules were simple, 3 bad strikes lose the game, and if you managed to get the ball at least over the current record, you won a prize of $50. “Ooh, that looks like fun!” Vanessa said, tugging her diminutive date in the striker line’s path. She began jogging enthusiastically in the game’s direction, causing her frizzy locks to bounce around wildly as she did so.

 

 She’d always been athletic, even before her transition, enjoying sports throughout her school days, and recently, taking pride in her progressive lifting ability. This was the perfect way to show it off to her little companion. Luckily for her, it didn’t take too long for them to get near the front. She had urged Steven to take a shot, curious of what he was capable of. Marcus accepted, enthused to try and dazzle her. His cockiness even managing to restore him back to his old size. However, both would soon regret this.

 

The announcer was quite a tall man. Vanessa could tell that he was a Zoni, and much like herself; he appeared to be a runt. However, the difference was he was at least a foot or two shorter. However, it seemed that what he lacked in size, he more then made up for in Showmanship.  as he jeered at the current musclebound contestant who, was now on his third strike. “Well folks, what do you think? After two attempts, Little Leonard here hasn’t even managed to reach my record, much less beat me. Who all thinks he should hang it up?!” he boomed the question to the crowd who were more than willing to chant at Leonard to quit. “Geez, rough crowd”, Marcus thought. 

 

The man in question paid no heed to the Suggestions from the audience he gripped the hammer tight, and with mustered grit, swung as hard as he could. The attempt sapping the last of his strength. Unfortunately, at this point, Leonard could only get the ball a quarter way up the meter. “Really that’s it? I guess all that huffing and puffing was just for show huh?” Leonard soon left in a huff, as well as shame. “Well, he’s all done. Can none of you puny humans even compare to my strength?” The announcer said flexing. Spotting Marcus, he Jeered at him. “What’s this now? Want to give it a try little fella’?” He asked condescending ly. “You must be joking. Please tell me you’re just escorting the real contestant, maybe your friend would like to go in your place.” He said, gesturing to his fellow Zoni. Marcus stared up at him. “I said it’s my turn.” The announcer was slightly caught off guard, seemed the little guy, had no problem being around Amazonians. “Very well, little one” he said, gesturing to the hammer. “Let’s see what you got.”

 

Marcus was confident, as the hammer wasn’t as heavy as he thought. However, he would learn what a mistake his cockiness was.  The man Two bad swings, coupled with the crowd’s uproarious laughter Certainly brought Steven further down to size. Then, to top it off, he had soon shrunk to the point where, even upon still having one more chance, he could barely even lift the hammer himself anymore. “Uh oh folks, looks like the little guy’s all out of juice!” The announcer called, eliciting even more laughter from the audience. “Oh well, better luck next time little guy, any MEN want to take the reigns?” The front man boomed condescendingly into the microphone, causing the crowd to jeer further, at the ever-shrinking man’s expense. As much as Marcus tried to play it cool, as much as he tried to take the jokes in stride, they had cut deep. Steven could feel hot tears welling towards his eye ducts, as he fiendishly tried to lift the mallet.

 

 As bad as she felt for him, Vanessa had ashamedly giggled a bit, as by this point he was almost down to size of a small child. She was not one to relish in people’s humiliation, but he just looked So cute at that size, she could barely stifle it. Still, seeing the crowd continue to laugh at her date, as well as the condescending remarks hurled a him by the guy running things, had frankly gotten under her skin quite a bit. Walking to the center of the game, she clutched Marcus close to her, as she addressed the game master directly. The large trans woman spoke loud enough for everyone in attendance to hear, over their own laughter.

 

“Hey buddy, you find messing with these people funny? Well guess what, my guy isn’t done yet. He still has one more turn, right?” The show man regained his composure, enough to acknowledge the new challenger. It seemed he didn’t even care if this person stood an entire two feet taller than him. “Your guy huh? Isn’t that sweet. Far be it from me to belittle the handicapped, but he asked for it. Who cares if he’s got another turn? I don’t see ‘the little engine that couldn’t’ over there picking up that hammer any time soon. Thus, he’s out.” He sad haughtily.  Vanessa seethed at the man’s arrogance “You’re wrong. Maybe he can’t do it, but luckily for him, he brought a secret weapon.” She said pointing to herself. The showman waved dismissively, as he spoke, up at her. “Fine, you big brute. If you feel the need to defend the shrimp’s honor, then by all means, give it your best shot “Mam”.” He said in a cheeky tone, taking notice of the slight bulge visible from her tight mini skirt. “Hey Marc, take it easy. I got it from here.” The large woman spoke with a wink, as she stepped toward the little guy, still trying fruitlessly to lift the large hammer. Wanting to check her own might on the strength tester, Vanessa gently took hold of the mallet, from him. She eyed the game master, as he sttod arms folded with a cocky smirk.

 

 ‘Fuck that guy.” She thought, squeezing the mallet tightly. Then with a mighty swing, she sent the metal ball flying up 3 quarters of the strength meter’s length, sending the crowd into an impressed applause. Stepping towards the flabbergasted announcer, she demanded her prize. “I believe, that’s $50 you owe me.” As the showman begrudgingly handed her the money, he made one final taunt. “hey, those are the rules right. You won fair and square, Dude.” He said as he walked off. The comment stung the woman a little, but she wasn’t gonna let it bother her, he was a sore loser, With an emphasis on “Loser”. 

 

As Vanessa Relished the crowd’s admiration, she couldn’t help flexing her muscled arms in victory. However, upon reaching to scoop her date into a hug, she was surprised to find him to have vanished. Searching through the celebrating crowd, she soon noticed one person, who, though he was clapping in congratulation, and wore a halfhearted smile, did not exactly share in the revelry. “Good job, Ness” He spoke glumly. Biting her lip, Vanessa hoped that the teasing of the crowd didn’t hinder her date too much. “Listen, since it was your turn, do you maybe want to split the winnings?” She offered, fanning the money enticingly. She was trying to make him feel better, without coming off as pity. As the diminutive man, looked up at her, he spoke again, before walking away. “You go ahead; I just want to get out of here. Besides, you’re the one that won, not me.” As much as he appreciated her efforts, he was in no mood for charity. Vanessa felt a lump in her throat as she watched him leave. “I thought it would impress him.” She said to herself.