- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Little (ha-ha) something that came to me from another story that I'll post here soon after this one. Please comment.


Author's Chapter Notes:



Sometimes I really hate my sister. Sure, she's a head taller than me and nearly two years younger. I get that. I can't do anything about it or her taunts, but she didn't have to go to the same school as me. We went through high school together and I was the butt of everyone's jokes about having a taller younger sister. It's not like she was a giant being five eleven but she was on the tall side for a girl and I happened to be on the short side for a guy at five two. Okay, five one and a half but I'm allowed to round up.

I don't actually hate, hate her. I mean, she is my sister and I love her and watch out for her. Er, actually, I used to watch out for her. That all changed when I was thirteen and she was eleven and outgrew me. Now she thinks she needs to watch out for me and ever since then has played the 'big' sister telling me what to do and more importantly what not to do. She always was a tattle tale, but ever since high school she'd been threatening to kick my ass if I stepped out of line. You know, the things high school kids do, like booze and weed and other mischief. She never got into trouble herself, miss goody two shoes. But now, instead of ratting on me, like I said, she threatens to kick my ass, and you know, I'm afraid of her because I know she will. The result: I never stepped out of line.

It's weird because I could have done so much my first two years in college. But the whole being afraid of doing something wrong is still with me. I'm no fun. That's how I'll remain for the rest of my life it seems. In contrast, my sister, Miranda, happens to be athletic and popular.

I happen to be a bookworm and keep my nose glued to a computer monitor most of the day, at least I did back in high school. I have, since getting into college, started lifting a little and it has helped, but all the studying I've done has served me well in college; I major in electrical engineering and make good grades. I've made two 'B's and they weren't my fault. One, I was tired and didn't get to study enough for the final exam. The other 'B' I received I had, let's say, a political disagreement with the teacher. I'm surprised I didn't get a lower grade, but all my papers had received an 'A' in that class so she was bound not to give me anything too low. But the rest of my grades so far are 'A's and as they say: that ain't too shabby.

Miranda, on the other hand, is a solid 'C' student. I honestly don't know how she made it into this school. I guess when both of your parents are alumni then you're a shoe-in. It doesn't hurt that they've donated tons of money to the school throughout the years when Miranda and I were growing up. And here I thought it was only me they were thinking of. I was too arrogant to even think otherwise. However, I deserve this. Miranda? I have my doubts, but here she is.

Fortunately, I live in a guys only dorm whereas my sister is in the coed dorm. The nightly parties there aren't going to do her grades any good and I know how much of a temptation that could be, even for Miranda. It's only her first semester, but it would be a lot better to start out right, like I did. No parties in the male dorm, if you haven't figured that out yet. We're the serious bunch.

Another thing that might hinder Miranda's grades is the fact that she's going out for the volleyball team. If she makes varsity then she can live in the jocks dorm, but she wasn't recruited for the team so she'll have to prove herself first. However, in her favor, she's majoring in business management. Figures. I doubt she's smart enough for anything else but it should be easy to make good grades. And there's no way I'll be helping her with schoolwork in college, unlike when we were in high school.

We pretty much kept to ourselves and our own friends for the first couple of months of her freshman year. I don't know how Miranda got involved with Kelly, but she did and I didn't know until it was nearly Halloween. You see, Kelly had been a friend of mine ever since my first semester. She was majoring in EE too (that's Electrical Engineering, by the way) but she couldn't hack it and is now majoring in math. I didn't think math was any easier but I guess it was for Kelly.

Still, Kelly and I kept in touch even though we didn't share classes together anymore. At least that was true until this semester. I was still grateful. You see Kelly was reasonably pretty, and just like me, a nerd. She was blonde, a couple of inches taller than me and wore glasses. She kept her hair curled most of the time. I also got to see it down but not very often. I thought she was sexy either way. And we were friends. That's the best thing about our relationship. But there's the rub: we were only friends. I would have loved to have gotten into her pants, but I was too afraid to ask her out on a serious date and she was too sly to ever let me get that close.

But then, who was I kidding? I was short and a dork. No girl would want to go out with me and I had so far remained a virgin. That is why I was grateful for Kelly's friendship. She was a friend, and she was a girl. She was one of the very few girls who I was friends with. Being an EE major wasn't conducive to meeting girls either so I was resigned to the fact that it would be a while before I'd lose my virginity despite that fact that I was already a junior in college.

So, I was incredibly surprised when I got the call from Kelly.

"Kelly?" I answered. I wasn't expecting such a call since I hadn't heard from her since the previous spring semester, but I was still very happy to hear from her.

"Hi, Matt."

"Hey, long time no see. You're still in school, right?"

"Yeah, that's what I'm calling about."

"Cool. What's up?"

"I'm having a party in my dorm room."

"A party?"

"Of sorts."

"What sort?"

"It's just going to be me and my roommate and I want you to bring a friend."

"What friend?"

"A male friend. We need it to be equal."

"Equal?"

"Two guys, two girls."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

"Um, okay?"

"We're going to play a game."

"What game?"

"A card game. Poker."

"Poker? I don't like playing poker, Kelly."

"It's not real poker."

"Fake poker?"

"You don't need money. Just bring yourself and a buddy."

"I'm going to need to tell him more, Kelly, whoever it is."

"Bring your friend Peter."

"Pete? Sure, but I don't think he plays poker either."

"Okay, I'll let you in on a secret, but you can't tell anyone."

"What?"

"It'll be a type of strip poker."

"What different types of strip poker are there?"

"Show up and you'll see."

This was intriguing. Kelly wanted to play strip poker with me.

"Kelly, I'll have to tell Pete more than that if you expect him to come." I told her.

"You can tell him but nobody else." she told me.

"Why so secret?"

"You'll see."

"When?"

"This Saturday. You know where my room is?"

"No. Is it the same one as last year?"

"No, I'm in a different room now." she said. She told me the room number. It happened to be in the coed dorm on a different floor than where Miranda was staying.

I told Kelly I would ask Pete and get back with her but she was very insistent so I pushed Pete pretty hard. I needn't. When I told him it was Kelly he was all for it. Pete is another EE and in our class too, that is, a junior. He actually seemed eager. I admit, I was eager too but was still a bit wary of strip poker and the fact that Kelly was being so secretive about this game.

Pete was more Kelly's size, five five or five six, I wasn't sure. He had dark hair like I did but he wasn't as slim. I do admit that, even though I'm not real athletic, I do work out ever since taking a personal fitness physical education course in my freshman year. I still lift weights, but as you probably have guessed, I'm no great body builder. Still, it has done my body wonders, but mostly it's my body image, that is, what I think I look like and especially the way I feel that has benefited me the most. At least I have some confidence now since I'm not a slob and have a pretty decent looking body, if only people would get over my stature. But, I digress. I have no idea who Kelly's roommate is or what she looks like. I should have asked but was only thinking of Kelly at the time.

So, when Saturday evening came around, after Pete and I shared supper in the dining hall together, we found ourselves knocking on Kelly's door. When the door opened I wasn't expecting the sight I saw. There stood a tall, brown-haired girl I immediately recognized.

"Miranda?"

"Hi, Matt. What're you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here? What are you doing here?"

"I was visiting Kelly."

"Kelly's my friend."

I looked at Kelly and she seemed confused. "You two know each other?" she asked.

"Know?" I said. "Miranda's my sister."

"You never told me Matt was your brother." was her reply directed at my sister.

"I told you I had a brother going to school here."

"You didn't tell me his name."

"You didn't ask."

I had to butt in. "You're not Kelly's roommate, are you?" I asked Miranda.

"No, we're just friends."

I was temporarily stupid. I should have figured it out. I knew where Miranda's room was. It was only then that I noticed the dark haired girl sitting on the bed. She seemed to be about as tall as Kelly as far as I could tell with her sitting there on the bed, however, unlike Kelly, and my sister, this girl was kind of flat chested, or at least not nearly as well endowed as Kelly or Miranda. She was still very pretty. I introduced myself to her.

"You must be Kelly's roommate. I'm Matt."

"I figured." she said. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Sara." She got up and walked toward me and we shook hands. She held my right hand in both of hers and it was a very intimate hand shake, I might add. I could see that she was about as short as I was. I was instantly turned on. She was very pretty, my size, and seemed to be pleasant enough and Kelly said we'd be playing strip poker together. I was really excited now. But why was Miranda here?

I turned to Miranda and asked her outright what she was doing there.

"We were just talking. What're you doing here?"

"Kelly invited Pete and me over."

Peter nodded.

"She invited ... wait." Miranda turned to Kelly and asked her, "He's not the one you were talking about."

"I'm afraid so." Kelly answered.

"Oh my. This I gotta see."

I cut her off right there. "No! Fucking! Way! Miranda!"

"Aw, come on, Matt. This is going to be epic."

I was not going to let my sister see me naked. As it was, I figured I'd lose, but at least I'd be with Kelly and who knows? Maybe she and I ... well you can guess what I was thinking. But Miranda was not going to stay and watch. I looked at Kelly.

"He's right, Miranda. This is private."

"But he's my brother."

"And what about Peter here?"

Again, Peter nodded but didn't say much.

"I won't interfere. I promise." Miranda begged. I couldn't understand why she wanted to see me nude so badly. I mean, if she really wanted to she could have just walked in on me in the shower at home. She did that without thinking plenty of times.

But something seemed fishy. "Miranda, it's in poor taste to watch us play strip poker." I told her.

"Strip poker?" she asked.

"Yeah, strip poker."

"Uh, Matt." Kelly said.

"What?"

"I better explain."

"Well?"

"It's not exactly strip poker."

"You were pretty cagey on the phone. What is it exactly?"

"RF-29."

"What?" I asked. But then Pete spoke.

"Oh no. Not me."

"It's not that bad, Peter." Kelly told him.

"Oh yes it is. I'm not sticking around for this." he said and turned toward the door.

"Peter! We need you." Kelly pleaded.

"Sorry. You got the wrong person." was the last thing Peter said before going through the door.

"Oh, shit!" Kelly complained.

"What's going on?" I finally asked her.

"We were planning on having fun tonight."

"I don't understand."

"It's RF-29. You know, the shrinking formula."

"Shrinking? Kelly, that's illegal."

"Nobody will find out."

"You have some of that stuff?"

"Duh."

"Where the hell did you get it?"

"I have sources."

"We can't do this."

"Sure we can. People do it all the time."

"Not me."

"That's kind of obvious, Matt. I was doing this for you."

"For me? Kelly, I don't need to shrink. I'm already too short."

"That's the beauty. You'll be the smallest ever."

"How many times have you done this?"

"Just once."

I looked her up and down.

"It only lasts for two hours, Matt."

"Two hours? That's all?"

"Well, per dose."

"How many doses do you have?"

"I have plenty."

"Why would you want more than one dose?"

"One dose, half size, or rather, half height."

"Yikes."

"Two doses and you're one fourth your original size."

"For two hours?"

"Uh, four."

"Holy shit. Four hours?"

"That's only if you get two doses."

"Why would you want more than one?"

"It's whoever loses a hand. If you lose two hands you'll get two doses."

"You know I'm going to lose, Kelly."

"No, you're not. You might win all the hands and me and Sara will lose."

"I can't chance it. Besides, Pete left. You said you needed two guys."

"We need four people. I have enough doses for four people."

"Well, there's three. It won't work."

"Sure, it will. It won't be as fun, but it will still work."

"No."

"Miranda can play. That'll make four." Kelly suggested.

"Miranda? No way in hell." I told them.

"And why not?" Miranda asked.

"Because you're my sister." I told her.

"So?"

"So, it's illegal. You'd never do anything like that."

"If you're going to do it, I will too."

"I'm not going to."

"Please, Matt." Kelly asked.

"You've got to be kidding me." At this point I was not going to go through with it. But Kelly was giving me that look. It was the sad puppy eyes look with her bottom lip sticking out. I wasn't going to budge though.

"I promised Sara." she said.

"Promised her what?"

"She's wanted to do this and I told her you'd be perfect for it with us."

"Why is that?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

I looked at Sara. She too had the look. I was getting it from two girls. I admit, I'm not used to this and even though I can be stubborn -- just ask Miranda -- this was like kryptonite to me.

"Aw, Kelly." I knew what Kelly was inferring: that we were the same height. I don't see what that has to do with anything. "If someone's going to shrink it doesn't matter what size we start out as."

"You don't understand, Matt. It's good to have someone your own size when shrinking. That's why I asked that you bring Peter."

"Because you and Pete are the same size?"

"Yeah."

"It ain't going to work with Miranda."

"But it's much better with four, even if we aren't all the same."

"I don't know about this. And you, Miranda?"

"What?"

"This is illegal. Since when did you become a bad girl?"

"I'm not bad. Not yet."

"I can't let you do this."

"And just how are you going to stop me?"

"I can call the cops."

"You would call the cops on your own sister?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Fine. I'm not going to call the cops. That doesn't mean I won't tell Mom and Dad."

"Yeah, right. If you're not going to participate you have to leave. You won't know if I do or don't."

"And if I stay?"

"Then you'll have to play."

"Shit."

"So, what'll it be?" Miranda asked.

"This is crazy, you know that?"

"You might get a chance to see me shorter than you for once."

I thought real hard about this. It would be awesome to see Miranda half her size. But still, the chances that I could be half height, or even shorter, was a chance I couldn't take. Besides, Kelly was a math major and she could have this all rigged.

"I don't know about this. It's risky." I admitted.

"Matt, we're all in the same boat. It's as risky for me as it is for you."

"Miranda, are you really okay with this?"

"Sure."

"I mean, being shrunk. You'll actually do this, even it means you could be half or a fourth of your height?"

"Yep."

"I still don't know."

Sara spoke up. "Please, Matt. I need a partner."

"Partners? How does that work?"

"We don't have to do partners." Kelly explained. "It's just easier when we do. The way it works is whoever has the low hand gets a dose. If we're doing partners we pool our hand with our partners when we show, but we can't see what our partner has beforehand."

"Uh, okay. So, if my partner and I lose?"

"You both get a dose."

"A dose lasts two hours?"

"Yep."

"Or more if we get more than one dose."

"Right. Four hours for two doses, six for three."

"Three doses?"

"Yeah. That would be one eighth your height or one five hundred and twelfth your size."

"One five hundred and twelfth?" Miranda asked. It figures. I had to explain it to her.

"Miranda, when you lose half your height you lose half your width and half your depth too. It goes by the cubic root. So two times two times two which is eight, so one eighth your weight or full size. And if you're a fourth your height then you're four times four times four or one sixty-fourth. And with one eighth, well eight times eight times eight is five hundred and twelve."

"Oh." Miranda said. I wasn't sure she understood but it didn't matter. She still seemed eager to go through with it.

"How many doses do you have, Kelly?"

"Sixteen."

"Hmm, four. That's enough for all of us to get shrunk to one, uh, sixteenth of our height."

"Right."

"So, we're all going to get, holy shit, a four thousandth of our size?"

"Not all of us. If we play the game it'll be so much more fun."

"Then you won't use the full number of doses."

"That's why it's fun."

"Yikes. One sixteenth?"

"Maybe. But what if it's not you? What if it's me or Miranda? Wouldn't you like to see us at one sixteenth scale?"

"Wow." I said. The girls were getting antsy. I imagined holding Miranda in my hand. Or it could be that I'd be in her hand. I honestly didn't know how I felt about that. "Is this safe?"

"It's totally safe, Matt. Look at me. I'm perfectly fine."

"You?"

"I've shrunk."

"So, where did you get it?"

"I told you, I have my secret sources. I girl doesn't reveal her secrets."

"I'm still a little suspicious."

"I have this friend, okay? He's majoring in chemistry."

"He made it himself?"

"The recipe is out there, Matt. Anyone can do it."

"And anyone can get it wrong, Kelly."

"It'll be fine. He's a chem major. What could possibly go wrong?"

"I can think of a lot of things. We could get stuck that way. It's in the news all the time."

"That's only when someone doesn't know what they're doing making it. Believe me, this stuff is legit."

"If I do this, I'm trusting you, not only with my size but with my sister's."

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt Miranda."

I looked at my sister, then at Sara, then back to Kelly. They all looked like they wanted to do this. I was still unsure, but then they all had the sad puppy faces. Shit, shit, shit! Well, if they were willing, then I figured I could give it a shot. At worst, it would last six hours and I'd be on average no more than seven and a half inches tall. Holy shit! I can't believe I was going to to this.

"Alright." I said. "If you three are willing to do this, then I'm in."

"You're going to love it, Matt." Kelly assured me.
Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think and especially if you want to see more about RF-29. It's mentioned only in passing in some other stories of mine that I haven't posted yet.