- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's a long one. sit down, grab a snack and enjoy. Maybe take a break between POV's 

------------------------------------------------------




“Look who’s back,” Jeremy said pointing, he was the athletically gifted MAJOR with short brown hair and long muscular limbs. He had been the wide receiver for the Winton Heights Titans for as long as Darren had been on the team.


“It looks like the little princess put on some feet,” a girl with short blonde hair said, somehow turning the banal remark into a lash.


“More than you ever had Steph,” Trey said happily, he was a tall and muscular MAJOR with skin the color of ink.


“Shut the fuck up Trey!” Stephanie spat back.


“Both of you shut the fuck up," Dominique said flatly. A beautiful MAJOR with long silky black hair that fell to the mid of her back with piercing blue eyes that seemed to see right through you…when she felt like raising her gaze from whatever it was she was doing. Today she was doing her nails and she didn’t. “It’s too early for yelling.” 


“What is the world coming to that a cheerleader tells a student to quiet down?” Darren heard Braxton ask.


It wasn’t uncommon for Darren to see his brother here in the cafeteria before class started. Many students roamed the halls or sat around campus if they came early enough. Many of the school cliques had their spots that they would frequent. Darren and his crew took up one of the long rectangular tables, with the head occupied by Darren himself with the most popular kids sitting towards his end.


Dom who sat across from Darren didn’t even look up or acknowledge Braxtons' remark.


“I didn’t notice you walk in, little bro,” Darren told Braxton.


Braxton scoffed “you wouldn’t notice the school on fire.” 


One of Braxton's sycophants stifled a chuckle from his side. He looked like a surfer bro, with his long blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and his laid-back composure, except no self-respecting surfer dude would be as pale as that kid was.


“You still gonna go after her?” Braxton finally asked the question Darren was sure no one else had the guts to ask.


“Mom told me to stay away from her after the suspension.” Darren reminded Braxton.


Who scoffed again. “Since when has mom stopped you? What happened to dad would back you up no matter what?” 


“That was about skipping practice, dumbass!” 


“Whatever,” Braxton said derisively “she’s not even a minor anymore but she is really hot. If you’re not gonna go after her, at least call off your mark on her.” Braxton smiled “that way I can give her to sumo. That’d be amusing.”


‘Sumo’ was the nickname for Ryan Yamaguchi. An Asian linebacker for the titans. While not all that athletically gifted, he was one of the tallest, fattest, and strongest MAJORS Darren had ever seen. Even towering over other big MAJORS such as Darren himself and Braxton. Although he wasn’t quite cyclopean size.


“Hehe, I’ll take her,” Ryan’s eyes were alight with mischief.


Darren didn’t answer them; he just stared deep into their soul. Braxton tried to play it off but Darren could see the unease in him grow as everyone around them remained silent. Braxton knew that look, Darren had made sure of that. After a brief stare-off with Darren borrowing into his brother with just an unflinching unmoving look, Braxton just swore to himself and walked, bidding his little gang to follow him as he did so.


Darren focused on where Izellah Ivory had taken a seat. Close to the cave entrance, talking with Sabrina Rodriguez and her friends. Braxton was correct she was in a word hot, in two words very hot. Darren had heard from his father that she was smart too, MAJOR smart. In the span of a few months, it seemed the princess had excelled enough that the faculty felt it was wrong to keep her in nothing but freshmen and minor courses. It’s reasonable that Izellah would go far even if word of her transformation was never made public.


What a transformation it was too, it’s almost a shame not to share it with the world. 


Darren smiled to himself. He knew that ivory had a thing for minor rights and independence, same with that new Artin kid or whatever that minor's name was. The irony now is that there’s a physical comparison on full display that MAJORS are indeed superior to their minor counterparts. 


It wasn’t even close, minor Izellah was an oddity if not a definite beauty but as small and weak as minors tend to be. MAJOR Izellah was a bombshell, with long supple thighs, a small waist, wide hips yet still slender and athletic looking. Her long black hair held a similar luster to Doms but her bright green eyes were active and intelligent while Doms could hardly be bothered to look at you. While she talked her bangs would start to cover one of her eyes and Izellah would need to remove it with a flick of the wrist or a puff of air.


Darren imagined taking her out and fucking one of the hottest girls he’s ever seen after scoring the winning touchdown. There was nothing more a MAJOR could want.


Imagined? No, he had a vision of it. Izellah would be his, she just didn’t know it yet.


Hell one day Darren would rule this town just as his father does. Every king needs a queen, why not a highly motivated, highly intelligent woman who just so happened to be hot and a woman who made history. It is not like she’s boring either. Darren knew he could make her happy, why? Because he would be king, he was the best and every MAJOR only wanted the best. He could make it worth her wild as well. College, jewels, clothes, advice, jumping into the world of MAJORS after living as a minor couldn’t be easy, whatever she wants he could give to her to make her stay.


And failing that…Darren had heard Mr. Ivory was working on a project in his town. It might be a bit dirty, but Darren could arrange something.

——————-////————///———————//


“Whatcha waiting for yellow lighting, talk to her,” Jessica told her friend as she took a seat next to the table.


Mai was already contemplating that exact thing. Had been since Izellah first walked into school with Romeo Watermein and Sabrina Rodriguez by her side.


“Please don’t call me that.” 


“What are you waiting here for, just go up there and talk with the lass.” Jessica urged.


“It’s not that simple.” 


It wasn’t that simple. Mai had planned the game of hiding and going seek in such a way that win or lose she would end up closer to Miss ivory. However Mai never truly won or lost and the outcome was probably the worst it could have been. Mai could be close with Miss ivory but never alone with her, and her aggressive actions to get the minor to bond with her had failed to bring them closer but for that one instance. 


Now the target of her affection had become a MAJOR, by some unknown force of god/s. Mai’s affection seems to have remained but the game itself has changed. 


It varied as all things did but courtship among MAJORS was inherently different from courting minors. With minors, it was about showing off for their benefit but with MAJORS it was a complex tightrope of proving yourself, competition, partnership, and power struggle.


At least that’s what the literature normally said, but Izellah Ivory had always been the exception that proves the rule. As far as Mai was able to find Izzy was the first case of a minor becoming a MAJOR so there was no information on the psychological state of such a being. 


Mai felt confident she knew Izellah, especially after bonding but the problem was she didn’t feel like she knew this Izellah. Mai couldn’t even rely on her tier 2 status, miss ivory’s mind was a bridge she could no longer cross at will even if she forced it. 


No, Mai thought. There was too much risk at this point. It was probably best to do nothing for now and position herself as a resource to miss Ivory. She was after all a more experienced MAJOR than the rest of the others that grouped around her. Mai had a history of helping Izellah and any more overly complex plans held too many variables and didn’t work the last time on top of all that. It was best to change her strategy. 


Mai stiffened as she felt the tiniest intrusion in the back of her mind. Like the onset of a headache that could be felt on her left temple, like someone gently placed a finger a few nanometers above the skin.


“Miss Hawthrone,” Mai turned to her left until she saw Brenda Hawthorne sitting at a table just out of what had been her periphery, Rebecca Swan predictably at her side. A surprised look was plastered across the tier 3’s face. Psht, amateur. Couldn’t even probe correctly. “Would you do me the common courtesy of keeping your mind to yourself? Or at the very least do a better job.” 


Rebecca laughed but was resolutely at Brenda’s side while Brenda herself stood up moving around the table so it was no longer between the two love rivals all the while she stared Mai right in the eyes.


“Only if you plan on leaving Madam Izellah alone,” Brenda said stubbornly.


Mai stood up and strode towards Brenda and Rebecca with Jessica following suit. Brenda continued to eye Mai as she grew closer. Mai stopped a foot away and the four girls stood in silence for a heartbeat.


“That’s none of your concern Brenda Hawthrone,  Izellah gave us permission to do as we pleased.” Mai’s lips curled into a mocking smile, “you should know it’s the only reason she allows you near her.” 


“Not true!” Brenda snapped back “Izzy’s said nice things about me! Told me we were friends, I even saved her from you! There’s no way she’d put us in the same boat!“


“That’s a flawed recollection of the events Brenda Hawthrone,” the smirk still present on Mai’s face “if I recall she had to save me from you after you became one of those aggressive MAJORS the miss doesn’t like. I also recall your friend right there took Miss ivory against her will,” Mai nodded towards the tall brunette rat Brenda’s side. Mai lifted an eyebrow “so did Izellah say she was friends before or after she was kidnapped? Or maybe she said it to get out? You’re right Brenda Hawthrone we certainly are not on the same boat.” 


Brenda Hawthrone’s complexion turned the same deep red as her hair. Mai could feel her anger come to a boil. It was a relief that while powerful Brenda was not yet experienced.


Brenda looked like she was about to say something when Rebecca chimed in.


“I’d hate to get in the way of the upcoming catfight but the center of the universe is approaching,” Rebecca said, pointing to something behind Mai and Jessica.


Mai turned around to see Izellah Ivory herself approach them, her face and mind were hard to read. The ex-minor had a good poker face. 


When she stopped in front of herself and Jessica, Mai could finally get a good look at the girl Mai had been after for a good chunk of the school year. Izellah was of a height with Mai herself and Rebecca with Jessica being the only one taller than her. Logically it made sense, Ignacio was a big man it only made sense that his daughter could be taller herself. If it was shocking it was only because when Mai had first met her she’d have to get on her knees to see eye to eye with Izellah and even then she still had a couple of inches on her. Minors were allowed to wear anything to school with the need for Winton uniforms not being in minor size due to their scarcity Izellah now wore one, she sported the dark green skirt, white dress shirt, dark green tie, and dark green uniform jacket with the Winton family symbol on its chest. 


“I believe a welcome is in order,” Mai said trying to regain her composure from the sudden and unplanned arrival of her crush. 


“It is good to be out of the hospital,” Izellah replied rather pleasantly flashing Mai a smile, Izellah turned to Jessica “is the offer to join the wrestling club still open?”


“Uhhhhh for you?” Jessica and Mai glanced at each other briefly “for you and the halfsie, lass of course.” 


“Awesome,” Izellah looked honestly pleased. “Can we discuss this more later?“ 


Jessica shrugged “seasons almost over but we’re year-round, do whatcha want.” 


Izellah smiled, nodded, turned on her heels, and left as suddenly as she appeared. Mai couldn’t be happier with these developments. Mai was never really far from Jessica’s side which Izellah fully well knew, her joining the wrestling club was a golden opportunity to be with her and offer her services when the ex-minor required them. Mai didn’t even need to initiate it herself. 


“Well,” Jessica said when Izellah was out of earshot, “I think I’m ahead of both of you. Ain’t that a riot.” 


—————-////——-////-////-////———////—-


Brenda was inconsolable. Everything went from bad to worse. The months of progress made with Madam Ivory were interrupted by a violent minor and an unforeseen condition followed by the revelation that perhaps the progress was all made in her head, to begin with.


Mai couldn’t have been correct, could she? Izellah following hide and seek was at the very least cordial, and occasionally even nice. Brenda didn’t spend much time with Izzy but progress was progress and Brenda didn’t want to push things after what happened. Despite Brenda’s own attempts to convince herself that Mai was only trying to get under her skin, it wasn’t working and she found herself moping at her desk in her first-period a.p science class. 


The only silver lining was that with Izzy as a MAJOR, something approaching a tier 3 MAJOR at that, Brenda never has to be afraid of hurting her anymore. At this point, she probably couldn’t even if she wanted to. Brenda never felt so small before with 3 towering girls surrounding her, that must have been what it felt like for Izellah, and it didn’t feel too good. 


It was at times like these that Brenda missed Rebecca. If only she tried a little harder when it came to her academics. 


Brenda was always early to the class which gave her the opportunity of watching the rest of her classmates' file in. It started as a steady stream of half-tired MAJORS, which was an impressive feat considering the robust nature of a MAJOR's circadian rhythm, it took a lot to make a MAJOR tired but teenagers still found a way to push the envelope. As the time for class to start drew closer the steady stream of students turned into a sputter, then the occasional drop until, with a minute left the teacher finally arrived, and not a moment too soon, Mr. Delahunty closed the door just as the final bell rang officially starting the day.


“Okay okay class, quiet down, take your seat yada yada yada.” Mr. Delahunty said as he hurriedly prepared himself for class.


One of Winton’s senior staff Mr. Delahunty was a MAJOR of middling height with a head of unkempt auburn hair that was gracelessly retreating from his hairline creating a gentle U shape. Except for his tie which was Winton green he wore a black ensemble of business casual from his shoes to his button-down shirt. 


“Now class, before we return to the wonderful world of room temp superconductors I have a special announcement.” Mr. Delahunty announced to the general excitement of the class.


“Is it the dates for the science fair or is it about our final exam?” A student towards the back asked.


“No, no, no, neither of those,” Mr. Delahunty said running his hands together “we have a new student,” 


Brenda straightened herself, for the first time she felt alert since the cafeteria.


“Some of you have already guessed at who it is,” Mr. Delahunty smiled for once and it almost looked to Brenda that the bag under his eyes was gone, he was as fully alert as she was. “You may come in now.” 


The door opened with a squeak. Izellah Ivory stepped through almost timidly as she carried various books and folders in her arms. Most importantly of all, no Sabrina or Mia was with her. Brenda was for once happy that Rebecca wasn’t there.


“Whoa wait for a second,” the voice of William Oakley protested. Brenda had always thought William was cute with his sandy blonde hair and dimples but to be honest she never really liked him, maybe part of that was because he had beaten her at one of the few things she was good at but now she felt vindicated for those negative feeling 


“she was a meger minor like a month ago, there’s no way that and no offense someone so inferior would be able to catch up to our level in such a small amount of time, I’m sure I’m not the only one here who cares for their academics and doesn’t want-“ William cut off mid-sentence his face clearly showing signs of discomfort “Jesus, Brenda turn it down a notch.” He complained.


“I assure you, Mr. Oakley,” Mr.Delahunty said raising a hand “the faculty has done their due diligence and has placed Miss Ivory into classes corresponding with her skill level. Might I also remind you Miss Ivory is by every measurement a MAJOR now and should be treated as such?” 


Brenda noticed a flicker of annoyance on Izellah's face but it vanished as the teacher turned to her.


“There’s a seat next to Miss Hawthorne.” Mr. Delahunty told Izellah.


Izellah nodded her head and walked over to sit in the empty seat to the left of Brenda. 


Mr. Delahunty liked to group his students off into pairs or larger groups to work on projects in a smaller scale version of modern scientific collaboration. The teacher had spoken fondly of his days as a researcher at various labs, collaborating with others to write scientific papers so this style of teaching appealed to him and he did it rather often. 


Brenda thought that she would be fine just sharing a class with Izzy but now she found out that wasn’t true. Now Izzy and she would-be partners and will have to work rather closely. “Just sharing a class” seemed like a poor compromise now. 


It was like a dream come true for Brenda.


….


…….


………..


The bell rang and the dream shattered. Brenda at the end of the class found herself in the same place she was at the beginning of it.


All advances had failed. Every offer of sharing notes or trading assignments had either ended in flat-out refusal or a polite no.


Every insecurity Mai had cultivated about Izellah and Brenda’s relationship earlier this morning seemed to be truer now than when Brenda first heard it. 


Brenda gazed over to Izellah's seat and watched as the MAJOR Beauty organized her things. Not once did she even glance in Brenda’s direction?


Brenda preferred it when Izzy had been angry with her after the near accidental bond. 


Izellah, who seemed to be not collecting her things, sat up from her desk and walked towards the classroom door. 


A pit seemed to form at the bottom of Brenda's stomach. She didn’t think she could handle another day of this without knowing anything.


“Wait! Madam Ivory,” Brenda called out rushing to catch her before Izellah left.”Please wait, we need to talk.” 


To Brenda’s relief, Izellah did stop and turn around, her things were cradled against her modest bust, and she had to tilt her head down to speak with Brenda. 


“What?” Izellah asked flatly.


“I thought things were cool between us,” Brenda began “but you would barely look at me let alone talk.” Brenda hadn’t intended to be so upfront but once she started she could feel everything start to come out behind her control. She was just so frustrated “I’ve been nice to you and I’ve tried to be considerate of your feelings but you just keep ignoring me? Does it mean anything to you? If it’s about Rebecca I’ve been trying to get her to back off but she’s my friend and I don’t own her. Just tell me what to do to make it up to you and I will do it.” 


“Do you mean it?” Izellah asked.


“YES” Brenda almost shouted, lucky for her there were only a few people in the classroom, and Mr. Delahunty wasn’t known to intervene in his students' private lives.


“Anything?”


“Anything,” Brenda repeated a tad calmer.


“Okay,” Izellah stood there and studied Brenda’s face for a moment. “Bond with me.” 


“W-What!?” Brenda could feel her face flush a vivid shade of crimson to match her hair. “Why?”


 “Just lower your big brain, tier 3 defenses.” Izellah held up three fingers “and I’ll bond you for 3 whole seconds.” 


“O-okay,” Brenda was confused, why did Izellah want to bond with her? This seemed more like a reward than anything else. Brenda centered herself, “okay I’m ready.” 


The last thing Brenda saw was the beautiful face of Izellah ivory staring down at her with a small sad smile on her lips then Brenda felt the strength in her legs give out and she fell to her knees, tears streaming as time began to blur.


Brenda's body seemed to process the information Izellah had sent her through the bond faster than her conscious mind was able to. A flood of emotions came crashing down onto her frontal lobe that seeped in so deep that what she felt was primal and uncontrolled.


It was anger, fear, frustration, resentment, shame, and above all helplessness. 


Brenda questioned why anyone could live like this, why anyone would live like this, and most importantly why anyone with any empathy to speak of would allow someone to live with this. 


A sudden realization came to Brenda as sudden as the squall that brought about the flood. This was Izellah’s emotions Brenda was feeling. This was what Izellah felt like a minor. 


Brenda was rendered catatonic because her crush wasn’t as nice to her as she would have liked. While Izellah had lived her life under a boot heel and was always told she should be grateful for the shade. To Brenda’s shame, she even made that poor girl apologize to her for not forgiving her fast enough, for telling her what she already felt about herself. Izellah wasn’t expressing heartfelt emotions she was scared that the big MAJOR would end up hurting her if she didn’t say what that big dumb MAJOR wanted to hear.


Brenda had always tried to be different from the other MAJORS around her. She didn’t want to hurt anyone mentally or physically but when push came to shove she acted the same way as everyone else. 


When the three seconds were over Brenda found her focus as time returned to normal. She had felt her legs give out and her focus was channeled inwards for the duration of the 3-second band, aware but unaware of the real world. Only vaguely conscious of the fact that Izellah had knelt to collect Brenda’s things from the classroom floor, she didn’t even remember dropping them. 


Brenda grabbed her things as Izzy offered them up, still crouching in front of her.


“ So,” Izellah began locking eyes with Brenda. “I’m having a hard time with the superconductors, can you Uhm, help me out? This weekend?” 


Izellah stood up to look down on Brenda awaiting an answer. 


Brenda wiped away her tears with the back of her hand. Stood up, and gave Izellah her answer.


——————-///—————////——————

 

Izellah was honestly nervous. She knows who Brenda is and she knows who Darren is but Rebecca? 


Izellah wasn’t too sure. Brenda’s a good person, their rocky relationship was the result of a rather serious accident. Earlier Izellah had been dead set on being a little more direct with her messaging but when she saw the now shorter girl fall to her knees after the first wave of feelings that method just seemed…mean. Bonding so suddenly and on such a deep level was already an extreme measure that Izellah kinda felt like a bitch for doing just to get a point across, there was no need to make it worse.


Darren wasn’t going to be a problem, Izellah knew a way to deal with him and she could take her time with Mai. 


Rebecca was the issue. Izellah has never had a really pleasant experience with the tit monster before with the only glimpse of humanity underneath the traditional MAJOR bullshit being when she pleaded for Izzy to help Brenda out. The fact that Izellah had such a good opinion of Brenda was enough to convince her that there was more to Rebecca than Izzy had seen. Birds of a feather and all that. It was the lack of knowledge that was the problem.


Izellah continued to contemplate all the various courses of action she could take as she made her way to Rebecca. Luckily the tall MAJOR was skipping class and didn’t seem to be in any currently occupied areas. She was a tier 2 and thanks to Izellah's condition, Lisa’s help, and some practice Izellah was able to pick up on the faint signals Rebecca gave off. It also didn’t help that Rebecca was considerably bigger than Lisa was, hide and seek was easier, after all, when your target came up past your waist. 


The winding staircase that Rebecca sat at wrapped itself around the building counterclockwise. Rebecca sat alone in the middle, her long legs stretched across multiple steps. She was smoking a cigarette while she was resolutely focused on her phone or else she would have noticed Izellah long before she spoke up. 


“What’cha doing?” Izellah asked as she made her way up the stairs “smoking a cig?” 


The brunette lifted her gaze “shouldn’t you be in class?” 


“And what are you gonna do if that’s the case?” 


“I could probably just tell on you tiny tush.” 


“I don’t think so,” Izellah said, she stopped a few steps down from Rebecca and  started to sway her hips back and forth. “things have changed and my tush isn’t so tiny anymore.” 


“Leave me alone, I’m not in the mood right now.” 


“Just trying to have a bit of fun.” Izellah said, continuing her climb up the stairs.


When she made it past Rebecca Izellah whipped around faster than a snake to swipe Rebecca phone right out of her hands, dancing away from Rebecca's attempt to try and get her phone.


“Give that back!” Rebecca hissed.


One of those messenger apps illuminated the phone's touch screen. It seemed to be a sort of role play server but the messages that Izzy could see were all pretty mundane, a bunch of “good mornings” and “how are you” with the last message having been sent, read and not replied to for at least 20 minutes.


That was all Izellah needed so when Rebecca made for the phone again she allowed it to be taken.


“You’re a real bitch you know that?” Rebecca said.


“Uhm you kidnapped me wonder tits” Izellah shrugged  “you're the pot calling the kettle black. I could take your phone so I did or wanted to mess with you for a little fun take your pick.” 


 “I needed you to talk with Brenda” 


“Oh that makes it okay then,” Izellah said oozing sarcasm “maybe try asking first?” 


“You were a minor who was clearly lost.” 


“Oh yeah, try that as a defense. Your honor I couldn’t have kidnapped them; they were lost. Maybe you’ll luck out and you pick up a minor then no one will care.” 


“Holy shit stop your bitching, you’re a MAJOR now arnt you?” Rebecca complained “get over it. What does it even matter?” 


“Do you like him?” Izzy asked softly.


“What are you talking about?” 


“Apparently something that doesn’t matter,” this had gone on for too long and Izellah knew she had messed up. She got too angry. “Listen, I don’t want to fight you forever. I’d rather get to know you. Maybe you’ll get to know me, and maybe my experience as a minor can help you out in…other ways.” 


Rebecca just stood there, for once she didn’t have a smirk on her face or gum that she was chewing.


“I’m going over to Brenda’s Saturday, she’s going to help me, i’m going to help her,” Izellah said softly “it’s your choice but I know that I can help you if you let me.”


“Why would you help me?“ Rebecca asked after a moment. 


“You’re Brenda’s friend and I’m growing to like her,” Izellah turned around, took a couple steps and turned back “and maybe if you want to understand minors so bad I might as well help from probably the only thing a MAJOR might take seriously. Another MAJOR.


Izellah walked off to visit Sabrina’s music class before lunch. She had the time, and the second period was free for her. 


—————————————————-


“This is so not fair,” Mabel complained as she stood in front of Izellah on her tippy toes trying her best to make herself seem taller. All of her efforts just to make it past Izzy’s shoulders. “Tall, hot and smart! Where’s the justice I ask you?!” 


“You could probably beat her in a fight though.” Sabrina chimed in.


“Not if she completely melts my brain.” Mabel said.


“I would only melt it a little bit.” Izellah said only her thumb and index finger a cm apart. “Your pizza is really good.” 


After Izellah joined Sabrina in music class they had headed down to the cafeteria and claimed their usual spot. 



“Maybe if you were better at cooking she wouldn’t fry your brain at all.” Sabrina told Mabel.


“You’re just jealous the wonder girl likes my pizza over yours.” Mabel stuck out her tongue at Sabrina.


Letting out an annoyed shriek Sabrina tackled Mabel to the ground cycling between throwing a punch, blocking them and finally rubbing it into Mabel’s face that she totally wouldn’t win another contest like that because of how much better she’s gotten.


 “The more things change the more they stay the same.” Izellah heard Riri sign behind her.


Izellah turned in her seat to see the tall black girl carrying Peter in her arms. Becoming a MAJOR had really put into perspective how tall Riri was. Mei, Rebecca and herself were all considered tall for female MAJORS but Riri was more in line with Jessica than with them.


A look of sudden panic crossed Riri’s face “shit I have to talk to a teacher about something,”. She knelt and deposited Peter silver on the ground and rose back to her full height, “Izzy please watch Peter for a moment I’ll be right back.” 


“Sure thing,” Izellah told her, the faint noise of Mabel and Sabrina’s match in the background. Izellah looked down to look at the timid minor “so how’ve you been Peter?” 


“Pretty good,”Peter replied, he looked nervous shifting his weight around from one foot to the other. Not making eye contact. 


“What’s wrong?” Too late Izellah had stood up out of habit to tower over the minor. Peter was startled at the sudden rise of the gigantic being in front of him, took a stutter step back and almost fell but regained his footing at the last moment.


Izellah felt awful. She was sure she had done a good job around Lisa but then again Lisa was a halfsie and perhaps not the best gauge on how to act around a minor. Izellah would have been startled as well if Sabrina stood up in front of her so suddenly and as close to her as Izellah was to Peter. She had never scared a minor before and it made her absurdly guilty.


“I’m so sorry Peter,” Izellah apologized. She tried to make herself seem as least threatening as possible by crouching to look as small as possible but to her renewed horror she still had to look down at Peter. She couldn’t  physically make herself smaller than him. 


Peter looked at Izzy with his big blue eyes for a moment before extending his hand and patting Izellah on the arm.


“It’s okay. I’m fine.” He said.


“Why are you kneeling Izzy?” Sabrina asked. She was standing over both Izzy and Peter, like the good old days.


“Come here Peter,” Mabel said, making to pick Peter up. 


“No!” Izellah smacked away Mabel’s groping hands and rose to her full height to tower over the younger MAJOR and by extension Peter.


“He doesn’t need to be held for us to speak to him.” Izzy told Mabel.


“You should leave that up to Peter Izz,” Sabrina told the larger girl gently. 


“It’s okay izzy,” Peter said, wanting things to de-escalate “Mabel can pick me up, it's fine.” 


“No it’s not fine,” Izellah protested “you don’t need to be carried everywhere.” 


“Let him decide that for himself Izzy” Sabrina countered “you wouldn’t like it if someone carried you.” 


“Yet they would do it regardless.” Izzy reminded Sabrina “you’re right though. Peter,” Izzy said, turning towards the visibly terrified minor. Izzy figured he didn’t like to be the center of this kind of attention and honestly didn’t blame him. “As a friend,” Izzy began “try to sit on the table to talk with us, if you dislike it then I won’t force it on you.” 


Peter acquiesced to Izzy’s demands, it was hard not to, and nodded his head in agreement. Pleased, Izzy smiled in reply and scooped Peter up, setting him on the table just next to her. Sabrina looked concerned but Mabel just shrugged and they both went to sit in the seat opposite of the minor and ex-minor.


The group spent the next 10 minutes or so just talking. Sabrina and Mabel seemed to consistently, by happenstance or by intention, take opposite stances on many given topics and fight about the merit or “obvious” superiority of their own position. Izellah determined that the two of them just enjoyed fighting with one another and not just physically.


Peter was silent for much of it and that fact didn’t change even when Riri returned from whatever task she needed to attend to. 


Izellah thought about pushing him to talk more, she still wasn’t convinced he was just naturally quiet.


The cucumber sandwich Izzy had packed for herself out of sheer habit was almost all gone when she heard a noise from across the cafeteria. It was Darren and his group of obnoxious MAJORS making a ruckus.


Chewing thoughtfully for a couple more minutes Izellah debated if she should deal with Darren today or tomorrow. She was rather mentally exhausted between her first day of school(superconductors weren’t the easiest thing for her to wrap her mind around after all. She mostly studied genetic not this physics crap!) bonding with a tier 3 like Brenda or sending a mental lullaby to the aggressive Rebecca.


“I’ll be right back.” Izellah said standing up.


Sabrina looked confused “where are you going? lunch is almost over and you said we could go to class together.” 


“We will,” Izellah assured Sabrina “I just gotta do something first.” 


“Just be quick wonder girl,” Mabel said “I’m in that class with you and afterward I get to throw something at you in gym class.” 


“It’ll only be a minute,” Izellah said cryptically.


She wasted no time and made a beeline to Darren’s group. He was actually sitting on the table they were all at, his various friends or perhaps more accurately sycophants surrounded him like moths gathering around a flame or a court attending their king. 


It was the same short haired blonde girl that Izellah remembered seeing when Darren tried to impress her that noticed Izzy’s approach first. Izellah tried to recall what she said, something about rocking her world or showing her pleasure or what not, she didn’t really want to remember that day so she didn’t try that hard.


“What do you-“ the blonde girl raised her hand to her temple as if someone threw something there.


Nothing was thrown but Izzy was sending the MAJOR the sound of one long, continuous, and deafening dial tone right to her brain. 


Darren turned and gave Izellah his most winning smile either not noticing or not caring about the clear discomfort the blonde girl was in “what brought you here to be table princess?“ 


Izellah tried to ignore the nickname. She hated being called princess but then decided to use it instead. Set up meant everything especially when she was so mentally drained. Not to mention the optics were good. Not for the first time that day Izellah was grateful for Lisa’s(and Romeo’s) help and the subsequent tests she had done on Rebecca and Brenda and now to a lesser extent blondie. 


“Is that anyway to greet your girlfriend?” Izzy asked, loudly, with the most devilish grin she could manage. 


Darren looked dumbfounded. To add to the scene everyone around them seemed to have gone mute as will. 


Before Darren could form words Izellah grabbed Darren Winton the Winton in “Winton heights”Winton by his stupid Winton tie and have him a kiss right then and there. In front of anyone who mattered. Izellah could sense Darren’s emotions easier than most MAJORS or even minors she guessed, it was one of the perks of her new condition. And when she did, Izellah knew she had won. 


Izellah Ivory's first foray into the MAJOR hierarchy was a success, better yet she was at the top of it. 







Chapter End Notes:

----------------------------------------------------------

I usually blindly put the story though grammarly and it seemed to have changed some things beyond recognition mainly in dialogue so let me know if I messed up.

I have some original stories in the works unrelated to NotSirks works(and one that is) so look forward to that or don't, I have no idea when those will be released.