- Text Size +

 Sandra awoke to the sight of the Saturday morning sun shinning through her bedroom window. She got out of bed and put on her cloths. She then walked into the bathroom, and began to brush her hair. Saturday’s were always boring for her. It was hard for her to get in touch with Kyle because he had football practice and when he was finished he would be too exhausted to do anything. She finished with her hair five minuets later, and went down stairs. To her surprise her dad was no where to be seen.  She looked around every room in the house, and called out for him.

 

“Dad? Dad? Dad?” she cried out. Sandra shrugged, and went to the kitchen for her breakfast.  She placed a couple of waffles in the toaster and got out the maple syrup from one of the cabinets.

 

Then she heard the back door open, and her Father entered the kitchen.

“Dad!” she exclaimed “Where have you been?”

“In the backyard” he replied “I’ve been getting ready train you. Just take a look outside”

 

Sandra looked outside and saw that her Father had turned the backyard into a makeshift gym of sorts. He had tied a trash bag full of cushions around a tree limb, and placed a bunch of old mattresses in the middle of the yard.

 

“This were I’m going to train you” he said.

“Now?” Sandra asked. 

“No” replied her Father “You can have your breakfast first, but after that, meet me outside”

“Don’t you think you might be getting a bit carried away?” Sandra asked.

“It won’t take long” said her Father “plus, we’re getting your costume”

“From where?” Sandra asked.

“From an old friend of mine”  

Sandra nodded, and went back to her breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     After Sandra had her breakfast, she headed out to the backyard. Her Father was standing next to the trash bag.

 

“So, what first?” she asked.

“Well first” he began “I want to see if you can throw a punch.” Her father then motioned to the trash bag. Sandra stepped toward the bag and punched it.

“Not bad” said her Father “but can you now do it in a fighting stance?”

“Like this?” asked Sandra as she brought her fists up to her face, and spread her legs.

“Close” her Father replied “but could you please turn your body to the side, and bend your knee’s a bit”

She did as her father commanded.

“Very good” he said. “Now punch and kick the bag ten times each”

Sandra nodded and did as her Father ordered.

“Very good” he said “Now let’s get on the mattresses”

Sandra nodded and joined her Father on the mattress.

“What now?” she asked.

“I’m going to teach you the shoulder throw” he replied “Now, try to punch me”

Sandra hesitated, but she then ran up to throw a punch. In response her Father grabbed her arm and tossed her over himself. Sandra landed on her back with an audible thud.

“You ok dear?” he asked.

“Yeah” Sandra replied “I’m still alive”

Her father gave a light chuckled.

“Well, get up, and try it on me”

“Okay” she said “hit me”

Her father threw his punch and Sandra caught his arm, but when she went for the flip she lost her balance and fell on her face.

“Sorry honey” he said.

“It’s ok Dad.” Sandra replied “Lets try again.”

Sandra got up, and her father there a punch, but same thing happened again.

Does Kyle put up with crap like this? Sandra asked herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Kyle felt a wall of human bodies hit him as ran toward the felid goal. The impact knocked him flat on his back, and left him dazed.

“Get up Nevin!” a loud, and shrill male voice ordered. Kyle tried, but his dazed state made it almost impossible.

“Get off your ass Nevin!” the voice barked again.

“I’m trying coach” Kyle responded.

“Someone get this lazy son of bitch up!”

One of Kyle’s team mates quickly helped him to his feet. The coach then marched up in front of his face. His wrinkled face and angry, grey eyes locked on him.

“What is your damn problem?”

“Sorry Coach” answered Kyle “I wasn’t ready”

“Well you should have been” snapped the coach. “Everyone, get back to your positions”

Why did I sign for this in the first place? Kyle asked himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Sandra fell again.

“Dad” she said “I think I need a break to think about this”

“Ok” he replied “whatever floats your boat”

Sandra got of the mattresses and lay back against the side of the house. She pondered what she could be doing wrong, but she came up with nothing. She then figured she might not be strong enough, and then the epiphany she wanted came to her. She then stepped back on the mattresses, and faced her Father.

 

“I’m ready” Sandra announced.

“Are you sure?” her Father asked.

Sandra nodded. Her father sighed and threw his punch. Sandra caught his arm and the flipped him successfully on his back. Her father got up with a satisfied look on his face.

 

“Finally” he exclaimed “you got hang of”

He stopped his sentence short and examined his daughter more closely. Sandra’s cloths were tighter on her, and she was now seeing eye, to eye with him. Her Father realized what she did and smiled.

“Alright” he said “now you’re using the kidney!”

“Thanks Dad” Sandra replied, although the kidney comment took her off guard and confused her.

“So, what now?” she asked.

“We fight” her Father.

“Wait a minute shouldn’t I learn how to block?”

“Just raise your arms when the punches come to you”

“Like this?” she asked as she raised her arm sternly.

“Close enough” he said, and he encased himself in a force field that outlined his body.

“Just so that none of us get hurt” he explained.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Ready” Sandra replied.

 

Her father threw the first punch, and Sandra attempted to block it, but she was little bit too slow to get it. The blow didn’t hurt her though; she just felt a split second sensation of radiant heat. She then retaliated with a four punches but her Father blocked them with ease, and proceeded to raise his leg for a kick. Sandra saw this coming and managed to successfully block it. She then managed to get in a blow of her own before blocking a punch that was going for her stomach. They continued to exchange blows, all the while electric arks danced her Fathers force field. The fighting lasted for seven minutes until her Father announced “Ok, enough! I think you’re ready”

“Really?” Sandra asked.

Her Father nodded as his force field vanished.

“Are we going to get my costume now?” she asked.

“Not yet” her Father replied “I told Andrei we would be at his place after 1:00”

“You mean Andrei Morgan? I haven’t seen him since” she paused “what happened to Mom”

“The same” said her Father “although I don’t think he’s been himself lately. I called him up when you went to bed to see if he could help us, and while he agreed something about him seemed off. Granted it’s been awhile since I’ve spoke to him but the stories I’ve heard about him make me more than a little nervous. Ever since his role as the Dark Enforcer was passed on, he just became reclusive.”

“But why would he make me a costume?” Sandra asked.

“He has connections to the fashion industry. He was a mentor for many of the superheroes today and he supplied them with costumes”

Sandra grew nervous, if today’s heroes were immoral, mean spirited, and contemptuous, what was Andrei like?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Kyle and his teammates piled into the locker room. They felt like they were sweating deciliters of moister from their pours, and they found it impossible to breathe without wheezing, or feeling some phantom pain.  

Kyle was the first to get in the shower. He tuned up the warm water and lathered the soap onto his skin. As he bathed himself in the water he got the urge to rehearse again. He began sing his bit in the song “One Day More” but then he wondered if he could sing all the parts. He started out slow and gradually picked up the pace as the song continued. He was up to Enjolras’s first bit when the bombastic voice of the coach interrupted him.

 

“Who the hell is singing?!” he barked. Kyle poked his head from the right side of the shower’s doorway.

“I was” he answered meekly.

“Well stop it” the coach snapped “this is supposed to be a man’s sport. Stop defiling it with this faggotry”

“With all due respect coach” Kyle began “you’re in a room filled with teenage boys who are practically naked. I’d say this room is filled with faggotry”

“That’s enough out of you!” screamed the coach. He then turned around in anger, and marched out of the locker room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Robert pulled his car up to a brass gate with brick walls on each side that stretched half a mile. Robert got out of the car and walked up to an intercom on the left wall and pressed the switch on it.

 

“Andrei?” he said into the com. The com crackled for a moment and gravely voice began to respond.

“Who is it?” the voice growled.  

“This is Robert, I’m hear with my daughter to pick up her suit”

The com fell silent, and then the voice returned.

“Come in”

The gate then opened before him. He got back in his car where Sandra was waiting.

“How does he sound?” Sandra asked.

“Alright, I guess” her Father replied “but I’m still worried”

 

He drove the car through the gate, and up the driveway to a surprisingly unremarkable concrete, and brick mansion. It was in no ways massive or impressive, in fact it felt like it was just there. The size was average, and the look was nothing special. It was just so painfully ordinary. Robert and Sandra exited the car, and walked up to the front door. Robert rang the door bell and the two of them waited. The door opened slightly, and they could so part of the face of a middle age man with amber eyes. The door closed abruptly, and then opened all the way reviling  a man to be about 6ft 3 with long pale hair, pale whiskers on his jaw, and he was wearing black and blue clothing.

 

“Can we come in?” Robert asked nervously. Andrei stepped aside and his guests entered the yellow, and green great hall of the mansion.

“Follow me” he said. The three of them walked up a spiral staircase to the second floor of the mansion. Andrei then guided them up to a door at the end a small white hallway.

“This is my old dressing room. I’ve taken the liberty of getting you four different costumes to try on my dear, all made out of elastium, and made to fit you snugly ”

“Thank you” replied Sandra, and with that she entered the room, and closed the door behind her.

“Thanks for doing this for us” said Robert.

“You’re very welcome” replied Andrei.

“You know?” said Robert “You’re a lot more mentally stable then I expected”

“How do you know that?” Andrei asked him. Robert chuckled at the remark

“Seriously though” said Andrei “why would you think that?”

“You haven’t been seen for years” replied Robert “people were thinking you’ve gone the way of Howard Hughes”

“The only reason I did what I did was because of what I’ve created. Ever since I’ve become a mentor for dozens, if not hundreds of new hero’s, they’ve all figured that in order to be as good as me is to not just be brutal, but homicidal. I’ll admit I was rough in my prime, but these people are doing is… well, never mind. I’m just glad your daughter isn’t going along the same path”

 

Just then Sandra exited the dressing room wearing what was little more the light blue bikini, and she did not look happy. Her father did his best to restrain a smirk from his face. Sandra then looked at Andrei.

 

“Don’t blame me” he said “I just ordered them”

“To be fare” said Sandra “this would make a good bathing suit, but I’m not going to be prancing around the city wearing this”

 

Sandra then went back into the dressing and came out five minuets later wearing what amounted to a pink bra, and a mini skirt. She rejected it out right. Once again five minuets latter she came out wearing what could only be scribe as dominatrix outfit complete with fishnet sleeves and stockings. Once again it was rejected. Then she came out seven minuets later wearing a blue, and green skin tight suit with sleeves that came up to her wrists, and came with built in shoes. The suit did show off her bosom and her bottom, but there was no cleavage to be seen with either.

 

“Perfect” she announced with a smile on her face “Dad, I want to show Kyle this”

“Sounds fine to me” he said

“Thanks Andrei” 

“My pleasure” replied Andrei “I look forward to seeing you on the tube showing everyone what you can do. Who knows, maybe we’ll fight side by side one day.”

“That would be an honor” replied Sandra as she walked back into the dressing room to get out her cell phone to call Kyle.

“Do you really mean that?” Robert asked him.

“With all my heart” said Andrei “it’s been a long time since I’ve been motivated to don the mask again”

“Maybe it is time we make comeback” said Robert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Kyle rang the doorbell, and Robert answered the door.

“Hey there” he said to an exhausted looking Kyle “Come in. Sandy’s in the backyard waiting for you”

Kyle dragged himself through the house, and he seemed to force himself to open the back door. When he stepped outside, Sandra, at a height of 60 ft was there to greet him.

 

“Hi there” she said aloud “what do you think?”

Kyle studied the costume from top to bottom while Sandra posed playfully.

“Well” he said “it certainly fits you”

“Is that all you can say?” she giggled

“I’m sorry, but football practice was more hellish then usual today. I think I might even quit the team.”

“So why did you join the team in the first place?”

“I guess I just wanted to get into shape and I didn’t want to go to a Gym because I’m saving my money” 

Before he could continue Sandra lifted him up and held him against her chest.

“What are you doing?” he asked in shock.

“I’m making you feel better so be quiet and relax” she said.

Kyle figured he should do as the larger woman said, but then the sound of an explosion came from the distance.

“What was that?” Kyle asked nervously.

“I don’t know but I’m going to find out”

She place Kyle down and then grew to a hundred feet in height.

“Tell Dad something’s happened in the city and I’m going to check it out”

She then marched off.

“Wait” cried out Kyle but she just kept going. Robert quickly rushed out the back door.

“What happened?” he asked.

“Something’s happening in the city and Sandy’s going straight for whatever is going on there”

Robert nodded and looked at her daughters receding image in the distance.

Go for it he thought to himself.