- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here'

    Kyle Nevin sat in his Sedan and waited as students pored out of Kirby High School. He threw his back pack and football gear into the back seat and scanned the crowd of students.

 

“Come on, where is she?” he asked himself. It was 2:40 PM, and Sandra was never this late. He sighed and figured there was a little hold up and decided that he shouldn’t panic. He dived into his backpack and took his copy of the script for the schools production of Les Miserables. Kyle had an affinity for stage musicals. Last year he was Sweeney Todd and the year before he was Pontius Pilate in “Jesus Christ Superstar”. Now, he got the part of Inspector Javert, he was personally going for Jean Valjean but he couldn’t complain too much. However he had a habit of rehearsing in places he shouldn’t. For a long time, after he’d finish his lunch he would go into the Boy’s Room and rehearse. Eventually people caught on to what he was doing and he decided to do it at home.

 

He was about half way through “Confrontation” when he heard a knocking on the window of the front right door. He turned toward the sounds location and saw a pleasant faced brown haired teenage girl with a voluptuous body knocking on the glass. Kyle gasped and quickly opened the door.

 

“Sorry about that Sandy” he said.

“That’s ok” she said as she stepped into the car and threw her back pack in the back of the car. Kyle turned the key and stepped on the accelerator and moved out the school parking lot, and onto the street, and drove off.

“Sorry I was late” said Sandra “I had to use the bathroom”

“That’s ok” said Kyle as he took a left across on of the intersections.

“Is it ok if I go in the city for a bit?” he asked “My Mom’s birthday is coming up and I want to get something for her.”

“I don’t have a problem with that” replied Sandra.

 

Just then, about fifty feet away from there was a heavy explosion. Kyle pulled to a curve and the two of them looked out of the driver’s side window. In the middle of the crater the explosion made were two bulky men brawling. One was dressed in red and white spandex with a blond mullet and the other was wearing a bright green Speedo and nothing more. Kyle just sighed in disgust and drove off.

 

“Don’t you think we should go back to see if anyone’s hurt?” Sandra asked.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” replied Kyle and then came the dreaded rant that would go on for hours.

“Honestly, I know I’ve told you this before” he began “but what is with these so called superheroes? They’re supposed to be all about truth, truth justice, and all that crap and then they start ripping off people’s heads who just jaywalk for god’s sake! And don’t get me started on these people who say that it wasn’t all bad way back when. I call bullshit on that.”

“Kyle!” snapped Sandra “I’ve heard this twenty times before. I get the picture.”

“Was it really twenty times?” Kyle asked her. Sandra nodded her head.

“Jesus, sorry baby, it just pisses me that these people constantly”

“Exit up ahead” Sandra announced.

“Oh crap” and with that he made a sharp right turn at the sign that said “Now entering Eisner city.”

     Commissioner Alex Garrison at his desk silently. The police station was hot as hell, crowded with officers, and yet it was uncomfortably silent. Sweat poured from his forehead and made his black skin glisten in the light. Alex got up from his desk and walked into the bathroom and sat on one of the toilets. Alex was slowly developing a hatred for his job. What started out as noble profession became a painful endurance and this “new generation of more effective super heroes” was making it harder. While arrests have gone down, violent crimes and murder of all kind sky rocketed and most of them were done by the world’s new heroes. The police was now a glorified, overworked military battalion. No longer would they have give people parking tickets and pull over drunk drivers, the police were trained for battle with common criminals, supervillains or superheroes.

 As he sat, he took out his old sidearm an M9 Berretta and placed it to his temple. Just then, he heard the door of bathroom open and the voice of police officer cried out for him.“Commissioner!” cried the officer. Alex put away his sidearm and walked out of the stall.“What is it?” he asked the officer.“We’ve got a 10-10 at the corner of 5th and Roberts Street.”“Give me more details” ordered Alex as they began to march out of the station. “Sixteen suspects with three stolen armored cars full of money. They’re armed with all kind of automatic weapons and high explosives”“Are their any SPI’s* in the area?”“No sir” “Then lets keep it that way!” said Alex. He got into his old brown Corvette and drove off.  

    “What the hell is that noise?” Sandra asked as Kyle drove his car through city scanning for any stores that caught his eye. A series of loud pops filled the air and crowd of people including new reporters were gathering at the nearest intersection. Suddenly a small rocket shot out from near the crowd had gathered and struck an office building. Kyle and Sandra screamed and Kyle stopped the car immediately. The two of them got out and went toward the crowd. They saw a police cars and SWAT vans ( which looked more like bulky cannon-less tanks) gathered about and officers were shooting at some opponents the crowd couldn’t make out.

 “Come on lets get out of here!” cried Kyle.“No wait” replied Sandra as she pulled her boyfriend aside. “What is it?” Kyle asked.“Look” began Sandra “I’m about to do something I haven’t done in years and I’m not sure what you’ll think of me when I do it.”“What are you talking about?”“Is anyone looking at us?” she asked.“What? No!” Kyle fired back. Susan turned away from Kyle.“Brace your self” she said. Sandra clenched her fists folded her arms in. Suddenly she began to slowly grow in size. Kyle watched dumbstruck as Sandra‘s cloths began rip and tear. Then as she released her arms and hands the growth accelerated. Within seconds she was seventy feet tall and was wearing nothing more then her bra and panties. Kyle said nothing but he felt his pants tighten.

     Alex arrived at the crime scene and was greeted by a hail of bullets. He stopped the car and ducked. He then opened his door a crawled out. He lay on the ground clutching his side harm waiting for his moment to move when suddenly the gunfire stopped. He looked from behind his car and saw a giant woman seemingly come out of nowhere and come toward the perpetrators. Alex ran up to one of SWAT officers.

 “I thought there weren’t any SPI’s in the area.” “We had no idea sir” replied the officer.“Ready the stun blasters” Alex ordered. “We don’t have any”“What?”“We didn’t think they were needed”Idiots Alex thought to himself. “Just keep an eye on her then” said Alex.     

      Sandra watched as the crowd screamed and scattered. She ignored their reactions and  marched toward the criminals. The men fired upon her and in response she scooped up four men and held them in her fist. The rest of the men piled into two of their armored cars but Sandra flipped over one with her foot (albeit not in a terribly violent manner) and caught the other one in her left hand. She then placed the criminals on the ground and then placed the car upside-down. The police ran up to check the criminals. She saw African American and among them and recognized him from news reports she saw of him.

 “Commissioner Garrison?” she asked.  The commissioner looked straight up at her. “Don’t move” he said sharply. “What’s the situation?” he asked the officers.“All suspects are shaken up, but they’re alive with little to no injuries.” Sandra could tell the Commissioner was surprised by this development.“Well then” he said “book ‘em”“What sir?” asked an Officer.“Handcuff them” “We don’t have any handcuffs sir”“Then at least red them their Miranda rights”“But that’s no longer required”

“Oh, son of a bitch!” The Commissioner snapped and started barking out Miranda to the criminals. Sandra chuckled but then she began to hear chatter coming from behind her. She turned around and saw a new crowd of people with news cameramen surrounding her as well as ordinary people with camera phones. Sandra put her hand on her head in discouragement. She then saw Kyle among them waving for her. She plucked him out of the crowd as the fled from her hand.

 “Lets go” she sighedShe then began to walk away embarrassed. But then a voice came from behind her.“Wait” cried the Commissioner. Sandra turned around and looked down at him.“If it’s about who I’m holding, he’s my bo”“No” interrupted Garrison “it’s no that. I’ve never said this a long time to people like you but thank you for your assistance” Sandra began to feel a little fuzzy inside.“Thank you” she said with a light smile and walked off. She then looked at her boyfriend.“Is the date still on?” she asked.Kyle nodded nervously. Sandra chuckled. “Also, can I borrow your football cloths for a bit?” she asked.
Chapter End Notes:
*SPI stands for super powered individuals