- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I thought I'd do some world-building, since the story is mostly smut driven. Sorry if this is a little dry and boring, as its a "top secret" government report its supposed to be. 

TOPSECRET/SAP/CASEIVY/ORCON/NOFORN

 

An Estimate of the Situation

 

Shrinking Male Syndrome (SMS) is an anomalous phenomenon where males are near instantly reduced in height to approximately 7 to 9 millimeters. This has no other known affects to their biological functions or cognitive ability. As of 2023 SMS incidents have only been observed in the United States, but there have been unconfirmed reports in Canada, The United Kingdom, Australia, Sweden and Germany.

The general scientific consensus is that a genetic factor is to blame, however genome sequencing of affected individuals DNA has not revealed any previously unknown or anomalous genetic code. At the recommendations of CDC, USAMRID and the National Security Council, the full observed effects of SMS have been kept classified under the National Security Act of 1947, control of this information has been maintained in confidence with the full cooperation of our media partners.

It has been confirmed in several incidents that affected males will shrink with both their clothing and immediate possessions (Firearms, equipment and in one instance a motor vehicle) Additionally, the tenancy of SMS to cluster at random, occasionally affecting males in mass, evidences that an unknown factor at play.

To date, only 6,347 confirmed incidents of SMS have been recorded, however number of male missing persons since the first known instance has increased by more than 25%.

 

Notable Incidents

1. The first known incidence of SMS was in 2016, where approximately 45 males (Ages 16-45) comprising the entirety of a white supremacist rally in Royberry, North Carolina were reduced to the shock and horror of counter-protesters. While most fled, an unknown African-American female was recorded placing them into a Tupperware container. Her dress and appearance seemed to suggest affiliation with the group known as Antifa, however 13 responding police officers were unable to detain her for questioning as they suffered from SMS as well and were presumably collect by this individual or the unknown accomplice who live-streamed this event.

The ultimate fate of the 45 males is unknown, however a several pornographic videos have been posted anonymously to Pornhub. These feature a masked African American female and individuals matching the descriptions of the missing. While she has several distinctive marks & tattoos, she has yet to be identified.

The 13 police officers were recovered after a package containing human fecal matter was sent to the Royberry Police Department. The skeletonized remains of the missing officers were identified by the serial numbers on their now miniaturized service weapons. Analysis of matter indicates it came from an 18-34 female of African-American descent. Handwriting analysis of an accompanying note indicates a 20–25-year-old female wrote it.

The note in question contains no usable evidence, it does however evidence an ideology hostile to law enforcement, containing several antagonistic and mocking lines.

 

2. The most high-profile instance of SMS, occurred live on National Television during the presidential debates in the lead up to the 2016 elections. On September 26th at New York's Hofstra University, The Republican candidate, Donald Trump was seen to shrink before his rival, former first lady Michelle Obama. While he survived, this event resulted in him withdrawing from race. The Republicans were forced to run Ted Cruz, resulting in them losing 2016 election. It is believed that the aftermath of this event has contributed heavily to hyper-polarization of the public, both from the bemused reactions of late-night comedians, and the resulting conspiracy theories.

 

3. Cassie Landry vs the United States was be deciding case in regards to the rights of SMS affected individuals. Cassie Landry was an individual responsible for the deaths of 15 SMS victims as part of her online "Cam Show". Most of the victims were known to her, all had engaged in sexual relations with her at some point. In a landmark and extensive 6-3 ruling, the Court determined that SMS victims were no longer considered humans, but were in effect detritus to be used or disposed of by any individual to come into their possession. This had major effects, most medical facilities not engaged in research handed SMS afflicted males over to their cleaning or nursing staff for disposal, families were left with no legal recourse.

The Surgeon General would then go on to recommend that any afflicted males be disposed of immediately by the finder. Social media companies reinstated posts featuring SMS males, indeed by 2020 SMS was Pornhub’s number one rising trend.

 

Cultural Affects

The SMS topic has become a favorite of female comedians, notably Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler. Several movies have been made about the syndrome, including the 2019 blockbuster Rom-Com "Femisize" (Staring Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence) The musicians Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus have both consumed a live SMS afflicted male in music videos, to considerable controversy.

 

This has created a significant cultural rift between men and women, with males generally ignoring or fearing the phenomenon and women embracing it as a sort of physical manifestation of "girl-power feminism" and a long overdue retribution for past mistreatment by males.

A 2021 poll found that 67% of women and 17% of males supported this policy. 32% of women under the age of 35 and less than 5% of males in general would be willing to do it themselves.


This split is most notable in the political sphere with men growing increasingly right-wing while women trend overwhelmingly left. Popular conspiracies are that SMS is some sort of weaponized spray being used by "globalist liberals" to destroy the American male.

This is not been helped by the remarks of Norwegian prime minister Une Aina Bastholm to the UN conference on Gender Equality that a "great gender reset" is at hand or by Swedish MP and climate activist Märta Stenevi that "SMS is mother nature shrinking her problems away". The increasing use of the SMS issue by left-wing activist movements has led to considerable backlash on the right.

 

Implications for National Security

The DOD still favors a genetic weapon theory and has taken steps to segregate units on the basis of gender. Considerable efforts to increase female recruitment are underway and a proposal currently before congress would introduce conscription for women. At the insistence of NATO allies, the US has withdrawn most of its presence from Europe to help prevent the spread of SMS, a similar call is being made in both Japan and South Korea. This is despite the fact that there has been no confirmed instance of a US servicemen being involved in an SMS incident while deployed overseas. STRATCOM has ordered that all SSBNs have at least 50% female crew, bombers are to have at least a female co-pilot and silos are to be fully manned by female personnel. It is important to note that as of March 2023, only 1 instance of a male suffering from SMS has been recorded while in flight and that was a passenger on a commercial airliner

 

Investigation

At this time while no evidence exists to indicate a cause or source for SMS, it is the policy of the United States government to investigate the next mass occurrence of SMS. It is the opinion of this analyst that the recent incidents at and around Vixenville State College in Georgia may represent our best opportunity to get a handle on this phenomenon.

I recommend the investigation board take the following actions.

 

1. Immediately deploy Federal investigators to detain and interview those individuals identified through social media sampled in Annex C.

 

2. Discreetly Deploy USAMRID Task Force Gamma to recover any remains or live samples of SMS from the afflicted area.

 

3. Deploy the Immediate Response Force of the 82nd Airborne to nearby Tornby Field in preparation for the immediate quarantine of Vixenville should that prove necessary.

Chapter End Notes:

I appreciate all the feedback I've received so far, it helps me with the creative process and is very encouraging.  Thank you!