- Text Size +
Story Notes:

-Let's see how well this goes.

-Made some corrections, I'll be writing this one MS Word 2007 for now on =]

Author's Chapter Notes:
And here it all begins

Hi, I'm Mike. I’m an average 16 year old kid with a mix Native American white ancestry. I live over at the state New Mexico in a good part of town. I'm doing pretty well at school, a B average student in fact. I'm quite athletic actually, thanks to your devotion to Football, I do best as a Runner Back thanks my 5'6 stature. I'm definitely lean and strong if I do say so myself and thanks to powerful genes from my family. To tell the truth I'm not in the best moods right now.


Quite strange, it was a Friday. School was good today, aced a test even. Coach let us out early and here I am walking up the hill towards my house. But even with that, I was in a sad mood, recently my step dad just died from a car accident. Not only that but he was a cool dude. Me, my older sis Rebecca and younger sister Alicia liked him a lot. Mom is probably taking it the hardest herself but she doesn't show it much.

Here I am, a sweet Friday with nothing planned for Saturday and Sunday. I opened the door and pushed it open softly. "Hello. Anyone here," I yelled, strangely enough there wasn't a response. I was sure Alicia should be here by now until I remembered she was having a sleep over at a friend’s house tonight. "Perfect." I muttered. I adore my little sister. A little talkative yeah but she looks up to me like a role model.

I close the door behind me and slowly stepped inside. The house was old, most of it was wood accept the bedrooms and kitchen which had carpet installed a year back. We moved here two years ago, just after mom and dad got married. My gaze transfer to a family picture on the wall, it was a picture of all of us when we went to a camping trip last summer. "Miss ya Frank." I sometimes call him by his first name when we're having one those bonding moments. I found it a waste of time...but now I'm happy I did them.

I continued into the living room as I dropped my book bag at the front of the stairs. Fell onto the couch, grabbing the remote on the coffee table between you and the TV. I began my endless and futile activity of channel surfing until finally and settled with some cartoons. I sat up on me ass and sat cozily back into the couch. My eyelids began to feel a little heavy. It’s hard to get enthralled by the redundant Bugs and Daffy predicaments. And soon enough I was off to dream land.

I was dreaming of something, for some strange reason I was standing in my house. And then all of a sudden I was somewhere else. The floor under me was full of rocks and the floor was filled with chips, dimples and brownish. I look around before seeing something shocking, I was in the hallway of my own house but a giant version of it. I barely can register how small I am when this huge boom snapped me out of my awe. The ground under me shook as the pebbles along with my own feet quivered. Coming down towards me were the largest feet I ever saw.

And before I can figure out whose feet they were another boom knocked me on my ass. The giant foot landed right before me as the toes began to flex up and slam heavily into the ground. The sole flatten across the ground until the toes flexed back and clenched tightly, wrinkling the soles before me. I stare at the dirt and debris covered sole as it rose upward, engulfing me in a shadow. Rocks, dirt, debris rained down all around as the foot moved above me. The toes wriggling around the whole time as the beautiful wrinkled and folded. It hung there above me for a moment before falling.


I woke up with a start, my head fuzzy and confused as I looked around my dark environment. I quickly noticed the TV was horrendously loud and when I tried to get off the couch. I found myself sitting on the floor in fact enclosed in complete darkness by this strange fabric. Thick threads wounded around each other as I looked around me in complete confusion. The roof of my environment was closed in pretty close to me, forcing me on my knees as I tried to get up.

I found a glint of light in this strange cave as I tried to crawl towards it. The floor was horrible cruel, difficult to climb over with the roof enclosed on my back. Finally, I reached my exit but it wasn't what I expected. I stood up in my naked glory facing this crumbled red mound and still I can make out the horribly loud TV. The floor was this weird brown cushion like my coach. With no answers in sight, I decided to climb this red mound finding it flabby. The flood of folds and wrinkles in this crumble mound proved to be an obstacle but I scaled it either way till I made quite the distance of forty yards I guess.

Finally, I reached the top and turned, what I saw wasn't what I expected. I looked down at the waist of my jeans that I figure was the cave I exited out of. The rest of it spilled over what was the edge of the couch that seemed to be the size of a whole neighborhood or two. And up ahead were the community size coffee table and the obnoxiously huge and loud TV. I fell to my butt speechless. I literally expected me to wake up from this strange dream like the last one. But the fact that nothing was happening and I was not waking up began to scare me.

And the fact that I shrunk to less than an inch...or less than half an inch dawned on me. I look down at an orange stain from lunch and instantly found out how small I was…a quarter of an inch. "WHAT THE FUCK!" I yelled with all my might as I began to take rapid breaths of fear and confusion. I jumped up on my feet before my unstable platform sunk below me and sent me tumbling down the folded and winkle mound. Luckily, I was caught in a scoop a few yards away from hitting the less soft couch.

"You got to be fucking kidding me. Out of all things I shrink to a quarter of an inch!" I yell to myself as I climb out of the scoop and landed on the couch. I looked into the dark cavern that was my pants before I began walking towards the open space up a head. "Seriously, how the hell does a sixteen year old shrink." I rage as I exit the trench of my clothes. Now that I was out in the open, I really got hit hard by this feeling of smallness. I scratch the back of my head as I looked down at the floor.

"Damn it...how the hell is I suppose to live my life now. What about my folks." I sighed, I remember back on these stories I read on the web. They were based on people who shrink and have to get the attention of normal size people. "Oh great how the hell am I suppose to do that. Those were just stories this is real life." I sighed, well soon enough I was going to find out anyway when I heard the jingling of keys and what could only be the front door swinging open.

"Hello! Anyone home!" The voice of my mom was like music to my ears but than again, I'm a quarter of an inch tall now. Desperately I look around, I was out in the open and with the TV on, and she should be attracted to that. My heart started to pump as I realize maybe I might be rescued much more easily than I thought.

Chapter End Notes:
Well...its seems our protagonist is quite fortunate. Or is he?