- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the next chapter of this story, written with my writing partner Inverse.  Hope you enjoy!


--

As the sun shined brightly on the unsuspecting backyard, deep down within the depths of the grass, far beyond anyone’s line of sight, were five incredibly miniscule girls, clad in nothing but their swimsuits. What started as a simple tanning session among the group of friends has turned into a nightmare scenario as the girls were suddenly shrunken down to just about a quarter of an inch tall. And to make matters even worse, they were just reminded of the terrifying trouble they found themselves in as they were forced to watch their friend, Chelsea, be devoured by a blue jay out of nowhere.

It had already been an hour since the incident, but the shock still hadn’t fully subsided over each of the remaining girls, as they walked in a straight line through their own personal “jungle”.

After having stared at the remains of the swimsuit and sunglasses left behind for an uncomfortable amount of time, Becca managed to squeak out a “L-let’s go” towards her friends. Expecting some argument or rebuttal, they all simply, and silently, just followed her lead.

During this whole time, outside of the occasional grunts, shrieks, and grumbles, nobody said a word to each other. The absurdity of seeing their friend being eaten alive was still something they had a hard time comprehending, to the point where they all unanimously felt saying anything to each other would be too much to deal with, so just kept to their thoughts.

Becca knew they did not want to take the risk of coming into contact with another surprise guest, so made the precaution of making their way through the areas with the most amount of grass, covering their view from above. She knew this approach would make it much longer for them to reach the house, and knew that didn’t protect them from any other things that may be lurking around, but it was a start for safety.

With Becca at the front of the pack, Veronica was close behind, with the two constantly sharing concerned glances toward each other. Veronica was simultaneously terrified, but also oddly fascinated by her surroundings, occasionally grabbing onto Becca’s arm, as she stared up and around mouth agape at her surroundings. Even despite the disturbing circumstances, as someone who had studied some biology, there was something about seeing everything up close that peaked Veronica’s interest.

Maria was next up in the line, constantly shaking in anxiety, and any noise disturbance she heard caused her to perk up and grab onto Anna who was right behind her.

Anna meanwhile was also scared, but with an extra dash of annoyance. She always hated tiny things, so now being amongst the creatures she so easily squished normally downright disgusted her. She chose to spend most of her time grumbling and looking at the ground than look around at everything like the rest of her companions did.

At the end of the pack was Kari. She was the one most of all that couldn’t get Chelsea’s death out of her mind, due to how close she was, and took it upon herself to keep watch on the rears in case of any danger.

Even while thankfully avoiding encounters with other creatures, they were still at the mercy of even the littlest contrivances at their size. Each of the girls’ feet began to grow sorer after walking on the hard dirt plain for so long. The exceptions being Kari and Veronica, whose sandals had shrunken with them, given them an advantage in that department.

However, that didn’t stop them from running into trouble, as at one point, Kari stepped in what turned out to be a “huge” mud pile, slipping on her feet and crashing face first into the wet dirt. She let out a loud “Euuuggggghhhhh” that caught everyone’s attention, forcing her to rub up against a nearby blade of grass and attempt to wipe most of it off.

Veronica had a piece of vine accidentally smack into her after Becca had moved it to the side, unaware of the whiplash it was going to create. The impact caused a strand of Veronica’s swimsuit to get ripped up, forcing her to have to tie up the loose strings together in order to prevent it from falling.

Maria had it even worse, as her own tripping incident caused her to graze the stalk of a piece of weed, which while normally wouldn’t be too sharp, for her was sharp enough to rip the back of her top, causing it to fall off and her embarrassingly attempt to cover up her exposed boob. She quickly looked around before grabbing a piece of leaf on the ground, and tying it around her upper chest, to maintain some semblance of modesty.

---

After an hour of seemingly endless wandering, with no real end in sight, the girls started to get reckless. They had no idea if it would take another couple hours, or even another whole day to make it to the house, and even then, that didn’t guarantee immediate safety. But most of all, they were starving.

They hadn’t eaten anything since before they arrived at Becca’s, only indulging in their drinking, so they were more than ready to chew on something. However, considering “eating” caused visions of Chelsea’s final moments to spur into their thoughts, and the only “seemingly edible” things they came across seemed to resemble bug crap, it just drew them into more despair.

Suddenly, their luck seemed to turn around.

Turning another corner, the girls entered what to them appeared to be an open-spaced area, and not the labyrinth of grass they had just gone through. Above was a giant flower that looked to be protecting the spot of dirt, and right underneath it, stood a chocolate chip muffin.

“Holy shit!” Maria exclaimed, the first thing anyone had spoken since the start of their trek.

Becca recalled that last week they had a family get together in their backyard, with her parents providing a bunch of snacks for it. They thought they had cleaned up most everything/the animals had gotten to them all, but turns out this lone muffin had survived.

“So how long has that been there?” Anna snarked, pointing at the mountainous boulder.

“Who cares!” Kari rebuffed, slapping her on the back. “I’m hungry and that’s the first edible thing I’ve seen since this happened to us! I’m taking it!”

Kari broke out into a sprint toward the gigantic muffin, with Maria following close behind, leading Becca, Veronica, and Anna to look at each other and join in.

Sure, Becca thought, it may be a week old, but considering their situation they had no real right to complain. Besides, at their size, would they even be able to mind how “dirty” it may be?

Sure enough, reaching the base they found crumbs that had fallen off the muffin that reached the size of their ankles, and even a chocolate chip that was the size of them. Usually you’re told not to pick up food off the floor due to whatever bugs might have touched it, but when *you’re* the bugs, it’s easier not to worry about it.

Kari and Maria both were the firsts to pull apart a (tiny) chunk off the muffin, with Maria falling on her ass as a result of the heavy force. The muffin felt pretty rock hard, but again, it was hard for them to realize if that was due to it being “stale”, or just how their size difference re-contextualizes the muffin’s structure.

Taking a hard crunch out of it, Becca, Veronica, and Anna waited with baited breath to hear their consensus.

“….It’s food!” Maria stated.

Satisfied enough, the three remaining girls let out a chuckle and followed suit to dig in.

It was hard for them to describe the taste, with it mainly tasting like raw textured dough, but they agreed it was definitely edible enough to satisfy their hungers.

Veronica tried an experiment where she took her muffin chunks and rubbed it against the chocolate chip, almost making it feel like a hard granola bar. Either way, it was something that continued to fascinate and intrigue her.

Anna was sitting “properly” on a leaf nearby, munching away on her piece of crumb that she had grabbed, not wanting to indulge herself as much as some of the others were, though partially was not wanting to think about the muffin being significantly bigger than she was.

Kari, meanwhile, had been having her own field day, using the chocolate chip as a springboard to jump up and start to climb the muffin. Now it truly was just like a mountain. Reaching nearly halfway through the top, she found a hole that acted as an entrance directly into the muffin, that was just about her size, and with no hesitation, slid in front first with a loud squee.

Becca began to think about just how amazing the thought of giant food really was. With the rate they ate, the muffin could probably last them a month alone, if not more. It also made her think about wanting to try this again, except inside her house in a safe environment. Being able to eat anything at the size of a bug became incredibly appealing to her now.

At the same time, Kari landed on a softer landing than she expected. She realized that the soft part of the muffin still persisted even at their size, allowing her to much easily take nibbles at bites with little effort. It all became immensely satisfying. Then, she suddenly paused herself, lying down on her back.

Free from the watchful eyes of her friends, Kari finally started to let out all of her repressed emotions. She began to intensely tear up as the scene of Chelsea’s demise began to replay in her head, and how insignificant her friend was when she was devoured by the blue jay. She knows she and her friends are just as vulnerable, and has no idea how they’ll be able to handle it.

“What if I get eaten next?...” she worryingly muses to herself.

Then, suddenly without warning, she starts to put her finger into her underwear, rubbing herself down. She couldn’t explain it, but even while tearing up, she began to pleasure herself harder in harder, almost to try and relieve her pent up stress. Thoughts of her being eaten ballooned into thoughts of her eating others, a different terrifying thought that gave her all the power, which just further proved to push her masturbation even further, with her screams getting louder and louder.

Meanwhile on the outside, the girls could only faintly hear the moans, unable to figure out what she was saying or doing, just believing that she was really excited at eating the muffin from the inside.

However that was quickly drowned out by another sound that caused the four girls to stop in their tracks. A rustling of leaves coming from right behind the muffin. And if that wasn’t bad enough, it was accompanied by a loud clicking noise.

It wasn’t a bird, but instead the head of a different creature emerged itself from the top of the muffin, causing the tiny girls to freeze in fear: a squirrel.

The brown squirrel stood about twice the size of the muffin, gazing at it longingly, and paying absolutely no attention to the “bugs” below its feet.

Becca shook her head to Anna right as she saw her about to go into a sprint away. She had no idea if the squirrel would care about them, but for now their priority is to make sure their presence remains invisible. However, that became a problem as the squirrel moves itself closer towards the muffin and the girls remember the other issue: Kari is still inside.

After several minutes, Kari had finally relieved herself and let most of her anguishes out. She still had no idea where that all came from, maybe the sense of ecstasy was due to the combination of being slightly hungover and shrunken. Either way, she pulled her underwear back up, rubs her remaining fluids off on the walls of the muffin and began to climb out the way she came.

Reaching the hole back to the outside, Kari decided she wanted to give the girls a surprise, quickly popping her head out going “Hey girls how are y’all enjoying this picnic!”

That’s when her face, and the faces of the girls below, grew pale.

Right in front of her was a monster of a squirrel, and it had its eyes squared directly at the miniscule Kari, popping out of the muffin like a worm. Its nose began to twitch, while its tail frivolously shakes back and forth.

Kari was in a state of complete devastation. She feared this is the moment where, just like Chelsea, she would meet her end at the hand of this fluffy kaiju.

Tears once again flew down her face as she mumbled “P-please don’t eat me.”

Then, the squirrel made its move. It suddenly pushed itself forward, causing Kari to fall backward into the hole, as the squirrel used it claws to grab and pull out the crumb of the muffin, which included Kari.

She was hysterically screaming, calling for help, and praying she won’t be eaten, as the squirrel brought the crumb and the girl closer and closer to its face to sniff and examine.

As this was happening, the rest of the girls each had their hands covering their mouths, in their own desperate plea not to scream and cry or else to have the squirrel target them next.

However, to all their shock, the squirrel simply chucked the crumb down onto the dirt ground, causing Kari to be flung off, face first.

This was when the squirrel finally took notice of all the tiny bugs around them. As it turns out, the squirrel was being very territorial in regards to what it figured was IT’S food, and even insignificant creatures like these tiny girls were too much for it.

With a loud screech, the girls ceased with their attempts to remain frozen and broke out into a panic, dashing around haphazardly.

Anna ended up running directly into Veronica, causing the two of them to fall backward onto a nearby blade of grass, while Becca and Maria ran over to help the dazed and confused Kari.

Anna and Veronica were stuck tangled together, each yelling and trying to force to other off, all the while the other three girls were faced against the terror that was the gargantuan squirrel that was heading directly toward them.

They had no idea what to expect when the squirrel once again screeched loudly at the girls, before swiftly shifting its entire body, whipping its tail directly at the girls. The force of the wind was powerful enough to blast the three girls, screaming and flailing themselves through the air, travelling deeper into the backyard than anyone could notice.

By the time Anna had managed to push Veronica off, she had witnessed the terrifying display, and began to rush toward the girls’ location, despite Veronica’s pleas not to run off.

Thankfully, the squirrel had not noticed the other two, so instead went right back on its own, chowing down on the muffin, but that didn’t stop its clawed feet from being a problem of nearly stomping on the chasing Anna who got caught in the middle.

She twisted and jumped and rolled herself away from the unaware beast, running back into the grassy field, as the lone Veronica was left stumped and worried about what to do next


“…well shit.”

After several minutes of trying to run after her three friends that had just been blown away by the squirrel, Anna finds herself lost somewhere in the yard. She mumbles to herself that she should’ve at least stayed close to Veronica, but now she’s all on her own, stuck puny in this unknown world.

Unsure of what else to do, she anxiously siys down, holding her legs and wiggling her bare feet, staring down at the dirt ground when she spots little bits of movement. Giving it a closer look, she spots what appear very tiny specks that she akins to be equivalent to dust mites.

Anna was surprised to happen across other bugs even more miniscule than she was, but she was happy about it, because it finally gave her an outlet to vent her frustrations. Using her toe, she hovered right above a group of them, before stomping and grinding them into dust.

“Finally. This is more like it. Me as a true goddess.”

The stress of feeling so pathetic and insignificant led to her continued assault, picking up the even tinier bugs between her fingers and crushing them into nothing. She even started to fantasize about what if these were actual people, and started to get incredibly turned on at the thoughts.

Anna was too distracted in her little fantasies that she didn’t notice the rustling from the grass nearby that was getting closer and closer. By the time she finally did and jumped back up into the air, it was too late.

Emerging was a long black ant. From Anna’s perspective, it was about half her size while standing; somewhere in-between the size of a large dog and a horse. Even still, the sight of the bug absolutely horrified her. She already despised them when they were smaller than her fingernail, now they were large enough to actually hurt her. Not to mention they looked disgusting.

She wanted to run away, but feared provoking the ant even more, so instead chose to slowly back away, with each step resulting in the ant making one more step toward her. At that point, she was so focused on the threat in front of her that she didn’t notice that another ant suddenly began to appear from her left side. And then another on her right. And they all began to corner her.

Walking backwards faster and faster, she tripped on a large stone, back hitting into a long grass stalk, as Anna realized that she was surrounded and there was nothing left to do but pray they didn’t choose to just devour her now.

Her worries soon rapidly grew as one of the ants grabbed onto her right arm with its pincers, causing her to wail out in pain over the sudden grip, followed by the other ant grabbing her left arm. Now she was truly pinned down and completely at their mercy.

Now fully restrained, the centre ant shoved its face right up close and personal with Anna, even despite her attempts to squirm with around, with her feet held down by two of the front ant’s legs. Her face continued to distort with sweat pouring down, unsure of what their goal was. The two antennae began to twitch itself all across Anna’s face, rubbing between her long hair, around her ear, getting into her mouth, causing her to spit at the awful taste.

What are they doing? She thought to herself. Were they going to try to eat her? Examine her taste? God it’s disgusting.

That thought seemed to help prove itself when suddenly the ant began to take its mandibles and start to chew on parts of Anna’s dress swimsuit. She knew there were obviously much greater issues to deal with, but the suit getting ruined was especially dreadful for her, especially after going so far to prevent it from getting dirty earlier.

The chomps resulted in various rips ranging from small to large, with the nibbling reaching her stomach, causing her to shout in pain. They thankfully didn’t completely pierce her body, but it was giving her little scrapes, and she worried that one wrong move and it could completely impale her with barely any effort.

“H-hey no, don’t poke there!” Anna was caught even more off guard when the ant shifted over and started to focus its attention on another part of the body.

The ant proceeded to stroke its antennae down into the opening beneath Anna’s legs, under her swimsuit. It was like the ant was trying to get much more intimate than the girl ever thought reasonably possible, and she couldn’t stand it. She swung her now exposed legs all around, shaking and desperately trying to break free, but her arms were so tightly locked in she was truly stuck.

The movements of the antennae became even more ticklish as Anna’s eyes began to water up, fearing if this is her fate, if not be eaten or killed, be relegated to this ant’s plaything? She started imaging a scenario where the ant dragged her back into its anthill, tied her up, and would stroke and nibble at her whenever it felt like it.

No! This can’t be! She kept thinking to herself. I am a goddess and won’t be subjected to this abuse of this shitty bug!

“Please! Somebody! Helppppppp!” she finally managed to scream out.

Just then, a lone sandal came flying out from above the grass, smacking right into one of the ants, causing it to drop its grip of Anna and slowly start to turn around.

Suddenly, Veronica comes swinging down from off a piece of a flower, breezing past the ants and knocking Anna off her feet, as the two are flung a decently far away from the ants, before Veronica quickly picks Anna back up, and the two break into a sprint.

A couple minutes later, the two managed to reach what appeared to be a safe zone, far from the ants or anymore bugs could get to them. Veronica was panting, while standing with a triumphant look, while Anna was panting while sitting, looking much more defeated by the experience, looking up a the “normally smaller” Veronica.

“T-thanks.” Anna managed to squeak out. She was never one to be too intimately friendly with Veronica normally, but here she felt she had to say something for being saved.

When they were separated, Veronica had decided to take a risk and climb up the side of a flower nearby, where she was able to get a better sense of trajectory, of the yard, without exposing herself completely from above. She was able to hear Anna’s screams nearby, allowing her to swoop in and rescue her from the danger.

Even though they were now completely lost from their trajectory, with no way of knowing where the other three girls were, they resolved the best they could do was continue forward to the house and hope to meet up there.

“So.” Veronica proceeded to quip to Anna. “Did that experience make you decide to rethink your feelings on those ‘pathetic bugs’?”

“No actually.” Anna responded with a disgust in her voice. “It just makes me hate them even more.”

---

Elsewhere, Becca, Kari, and Maria were recovering from their “too close for comfort” experience with the giant squirrel, finding themselves separated from their other two friends, and due to being disorientated, were unsure of what direction they needed to take in order to reach the house. Every direction seemed to look the same, of the never-ending yards of grass.

They also had no idea how they’d be able to reunite with Veronica and Anna by this point, so figured their only remaining option was to just continue toward the house and hope they don’t run into any more trouble.

The three walked for another half an hour, still exhausted, and still with seemingly no end to their trek in sight. They began to worry if this was going to end on lasting until overnight. That was something they knew they absolutely needed to avoid, unsure if they’d be able to survive outside for that much longer.

They were soon surprised by a long, large column made of wood that stretched upward and all the way downwards to the right of the yard. It caught their curiosity enough that they decided to climb. Kari helps push Becca and Maria up onto an indent on the side that was too high up to normally reach, as the two proceeded to help pull her up, and continue their climb up.

Reaching the top, the three were surprised to be greeted to another extensive patch of dirt, only rather than blades of grass, the stalks were much more spread apart.

It took Becca a couple moments to realize exactly where there were, but seeing what she recognized were an onslaught of weeds led her to remember: they were in their mom’s garden that’s on the side of their backyard.

Right before she was able to explain this revelation to her friends, they were all caught off guard by a sudden ginormous bare foot in a sandal that stomped directly near the edge of the garden, causing the girls to be flung onto their butts by the impact of the shockwave. Staring up in disbelief at the titan above them, all Becca was able to do was get out a faint “M-mom!”

Shortly before this, Marcia had peered into their backyard to check up on the girls, only to find them all missing, including all their towels and stuff they had with them. She asked her husband if she saw them leave but he was just as clueless. Assuming they all were finished with their sunbathing and had decided to leave, Marcia was satisfied because it meant they had the house all to her and Rick, so they could have some private fun.

But first, looking out at the backyard caused her to notice her garden, which she remembered she hadn’t maintained in a while, so thought she should take advantage of this and put some work into it right now before she relaxed inside.

Dressed in a short sleeve shirt, short jeans, and flip flops, she went to their shed to grab a toolbox with gloves and shovels, heading over to her garden to finally pick some weeds that have started to greatly pile up.

“Alright! Let’s show these puny troublemakers who’s boss!” Marcia boomed dramatically, at least that’s how the three miniscule girls interpreted it, as they witnessed the mother branding the shovel in her hand, like a deadly weapon, and realized she was coming directly for them, forcing them once again into another sprint and panic for their lives.

The shovel came rushing into the garden, digging up a hole twice the size of one created by a bulldozer, and completely decimating the nearby weed. Becca, Maria, and Kari were panicking as dirt mounds the size of cars were raining down from above, threatening to injure and crush everyone.

Marcia continued to nonchalantly dig and pull the weed, occasionally spotting some tiny bugs amongst the flowers that she flicked away, unaware of the danger she was inflicting on her daughter and her friends.

Becca was trying to outrun one of the shovels attacks, but was unable to make it far enough, as the ground beneath her gave in as she was swallowed by an unspeakably large mass of dirt.

She managed to grab onto the side of the chasm, which now stretched on further downward into what looked like the depths of hell, with nothing but pitch blackness. Becca was really panicking now. Her mom was just one casual swiping of dirt away from condemning her own daughter to death, to be consumed by the void.

Thankfully, Maria and Kari were there to take advantage of Marcia’s temporary break, pulling her out of the pit, before once again breaking into a sprint.

“What the hell do we do? We’re as good as dead by your goddess mom!” Maria yelled at Becca.

Becca looked around and saw a large red flower with sharp pincers sticking out of its stalk.

“Let’s get up there! I know mom’s not going to touch that!” she stated.

Without hesitation, the three jumped up and began to climb the flower, using the pincers as foot holds to pull themselves up. On occasion, they would turn around and notice Marcia continuing her assault on the garden and the weeds, including seeing her cover up the whole Becca nearly fell into, relieving at having escaped that fate.

Reaching the top, the three hid safely under the pedals, safely observing the monster Marcia as they waited for her to leave while planning their next move.

It was here that Becca began to worry again. They were intending to make it to her cause they assumed it was the safest place. But she was nearly just killed by mom under her nose. So would that really work? Will they actually be able to get their attention and be saved, or will they be doomed to be either stuck at this size or killed.

Then, while she was deep in thought, everyone suddenly heard a loud *splash*.

Is she watering now? They wondered. But they didn’t see any watering cans nearby.

“Aw crud, rain.” Marcia commented, sticking her hand out as several droplets landed on her hand.

Almost on cue, the rain began to ramp up, causing her to get more and more soaked. However, she wanted to at least grab all her weeds and plug up the holes, so they didn’t mess with the structure of her garden, so resolved to stay for a few moments before rushing back inside.

For the three girls however, this was just another nightmare scenario. Before they could even prepare, one single hard droplet slammed straight into the top of the flower, knocking Becca and Kari off, plummeting down to the ground.

Maria, completely covered in pedals to protect herself, screamed Becca and Kari’s names, as they landed not with a thud, but with a splash into a pool of water that had been collected in one of Marcia’s holes.

Submerged underwater for a couple moments, Becca and Kari each reached the surface for air, but struggled painfully as the hard mud all around them dragged the, downwards, while the onslaught of rain drops greater than themselves resulting in a wave of rapids that forced them into an endless spree of disorientation.

Becca saw her mom’s finger breeze by her, seeing her make a path for the stream they were in, sending them further down a pathway, directing most of the water into another hole that Marcia intended to cover up once its entered.

Choking on both water and mud, Becca and Kari truly thought this was the end for them as the “whirlpool of death” came closer, with Marcia’s intimidating face looking on, almost like she was laughing at seeing some “bugs” being drifted away.

However, in a stroke of luck, Marcia had placed her right foot up onto the column that divided the backyard from the garden, sending a shockwave that flung a now completely mud-covered Becca and Kari into the air, directly for her barefoot.

After landing and thinking they were safe, the slipperiness of the themselves and the foot resulted in them sliding downward until stopping by being jammed in between her front and second toes. Becca ended up falling face first, with her feet sticking out, while Kari was feet first, both of them struggling to free themselves, but with it being useless.

Unaware of the two “pieces of dirt” that got lodged in her feet, the drenched Marcia stood up, satisfied with her work and began to head back to the house.

However, unbeknownst to her, another tiny had just screamed “No don’t leave me here!”, taking a leap of faith directly toward where her two friends were stuck, but only barely missing and landing on the edge of the flip flop, which she held onto for dear life as the titaness figure began to move, shaking herself off on the dry veranda, before going inside.

---

Meanwhile, shortly before it started to rain, Anna and Veronica had continued their trek onward. They primarily spent the trip exchanging the odd quip in order to ease their lonely, nervous tension, though thankfully were unable to avoid any more dangerous encounters.

However, things took their turn for the worse when the rain caught up to them. Just as was the case with the other three, they were completely caught off guard by the gigantic water drops that suddenly began to surround and envelop them. They tried to run but every moment just found themselves knocked over by and falling into the freezing streams of water.

Eventually, they managed to reach a dry spot underneath a mushroom, allowing them to hide from the rain safety. Despite this, the running river began to increasingly surround them the more it continued to rain, trapping them on their own personal island. No matter where they look, more devastation caused by the “torrential” pouring made them feel hopeless at escaping.

Believing there was nothing left to lose, Veronica grabbed ahold of Anna’s arm, causing her to shriek in surprise, and noticing a leaf floating along the current, jumped toward it, landing with a near splash, before covering themselves underneath one of the corners.

Now with their makeshift boat, and covered up by the leaf meaning they didn’t have to worry about being consumed by the giant droplets, with the pain of the splashes being their only issue, they allowed themselves to drift along the backyard, making so much better pacing than they expected.

However, Anna lost her grip on her part of the leaf, causing Veronica to also let go of hers trying to grab it, giving them enough time to be exposed, and allowing for one hard rain drop to pound directly on top of them knocking the two tiny girls unconscious.

Despite now the grievous danger they were in, they were thankfully still on the floating leaf and every drop of water managed to avoid a big enough splash to knock the two into the rapids where they would easily drown to death.

Instead the leaf breezily floated on by until it stopped in a dry area, getting caught in the middle of crack, stopping while the rest of the water stream continued on further downwards.

After a couple minutes, Veronica and Anna finally regained consciousness, lying on the leaf as they stared up at a giant wall that completely blocked their vision. They didn’t realize right away, but soon would figure out that they had reached the veranda, and were one step closer to reaching inside the house.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

--


More to come!