- Text Size +

Big Trouble in Little Dock

Written by HarmonyMotion with Au Goose

Edited by Au Goose

Shard-Strike Universe created by Au Goose


Chapter 1

“Look at this mess!” Titaness groused, knee deep in rubble. And she was currently twenty feet tall.


“Stop complaining and get to work. I can’t clean up if you’re just going to complain the whole time.”


“Ugh! I’m Titaness, not ‘Crane Girl’.”


Titaness kicked a particularly large piece of rubble into the air with her bare feet. She was dressed in her more casual wear: a black sports bra and painted-on lycra-looking shorts. It complimented her voluptuous figure well, but that was merely a side effect. It was also a bit of misdirection. People assumed she had to wear expensive fabrics that could expand to over 100 times their size and not tear into little pieces if she wanted to keep her modesty. The truth was far stranger, and gave her an edge she hadn’t had to use. Yet.


Raceway waited impatiently below as Titaness’s shadow loomed ever larger, her foot blurring as she tapped it on the concrete rubble.


“Ahhhh…” Titaness groaned as she stretched her limbs at their maximum height.


“Careful!” Raceway blurred away.


“Oops, sorry. Feels good to go full size once in a while, you know?” Titaness extended her arms above her head and twisted her torso. Her thirty-foot tall calves also swelled with muscle as she curled her foot, resting on its heel and exercising that elegant swell of power also. Her soft sigh of excitement echoed through the financial district.


“Come on, come on, let’s get to work,” Raceway urged impatiently.


“Okay. Sheesh, I forget how old you are sometimes. You look as young as me!”


Raceway rolled her eyes. But it was true. At 39, she didn’t look a day over 20. Mature enough not to be offended, Sofia accepted the backhanded compliment with grace. Besides, she couldn’t deny that she loved the way she looked ever since that fateful Shard Strike.


Titaness picked up some of the larger pieces of the rubble of 239 Montgomery Street Suite. The large pieces of useless mortar looked like mere toy blocks in her enormous palms. She crushed the useless material into dust.


Titaness reached for another one.


“No, not that! That can be salvaged!”


“How can you tell?” Titaness’s voice boomed from above.


“It’s marble! Expensive marble! Can’t you tell?”


“I dunno. It all looks the same to me.”


“Dura,” Raceway muttered under her breath.


“I heard that!”


The two continued their tag team cleanup, Titaness crushing the larger valueless pieces to dust while Raceway zipped around the perimeter, sweeping the small pieces out of the way and performing general tidying. She also supervised her large teammate to stack up the salvageable material.


“I swear, can’t Marathon behave himself for once? I can’t believe he brought down the whole building and cratered the street!”


“Must have been quite powerful girl he found too. Maybe Trace. Enhanced toughness, perhaps?”


“Guess she’d have to be to survive… this. And you know how embarrassed he gets in bed. He’d really have to know that the girl could handle it.”


“Oh really?” Raceway asked, raising an eyebrow toward Titaness’s head far up in the sky.


“I mean, I mean, I heard! Come on! You know the rumors,” Titaness blushed.


“Okei.”


“I’m just saying, for once, he should clean up after himself.”


“Ah, to be young again,” Raceway smiled in amusement as she stacked up another column of rubble for Titaness to stomp to dust. A small crowd of fans watching from beyond the safety line cheered. Titaness had always had her special fans since she’d revealed herself as part of the Golden Guard.


“Don’t tell me you approve!” Titaness crossed her arms underneath her bust and huffed.


“You will understand when you get to be my age. The children need to have fun and love too. Marathon is good one. I forgive him.”


“Oh come on, you can’t be excited to have to clean up after him! He should fix his own mess, like a proper adult!”


“He’s responding to store robbery. You are too big for this.”


“I bet he’s just having another go! I bet there’s nothing left of that store but rubble after he’s done with his new lady friend.”


“Marathon is good one,” Raceway reiterated. “And what about you, Titaness? We all know what happen when you first experimented with your power. Hmm?”


“That’s different!” Titaness looked away as she crushed more asphalt to dust under her bare sole.


“Nudaaa...” the Russian expat speedster moaned.