- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So in case I'm accidentally getting anyone's hopes up with this new chapter, I do want to reiterate that I still consider this story on hiatus for the foreseeable future. Not because I don't like the characters or story itself, I guess more just that I don't feel all that much motivation to continue it, at least in comparison to other stories.

That being said, when going back through my drafts I discovered this chapter I'd seemingly written entirely relating to Annie and figured it was decent enough to not leave unseen. So here it is!


“Well, what’s all this?”


The tiny couple froze solid as the words reverberated around the bedroom, their eyes ballooning in size as their legs began to shiver and quake as the realisation of their situation began to set in.


Hardly able to even breathe, they both exchanged slow and very deliberate looks at one another. Rose’s quivering was already becoming so strong, she looked almost ready to collapse under the weight of her own fear, whilst Tom seemed to have already succumbed to the despair that had gripped his co-escapee. His eyes were growing vacant and empty, a hollow look creeping across his face, in contrast to the abject terror that Rose displayed.


Their heads started to slump forwards as their legs began to pivot, slowly turning the rest of their limp bodies to face the source of the words. Upon finishing their turn, they both gazed forwards, and the reality of their situation became all too clear.


There she was. Standing monolithic in the doorway before them, Annie loomed high above with the most devious expression painted across her youthful face.


Upon entering the room, she’d stretched her limbs outward, as if to fill as much of the exit as was humanly possible. Her hands now clutching at the rims of the oak wood doorframe and her pale legs spread wide as if to cut off any plausible hope of escaping beyond her presence. But more than just her physical superiority or the spine-chilling look that now swirled upon her face, it was the simple fact that of all the things to crush their escape attempt, it had to have been her. The one thing they knew they stood no chance against.


Her voice boomed once again. “You know? I really thought that I’d taught you guys well enough that you’d know better than to try and run off.”


She stepped inside the room, now leaving the doorway and slowly approaching the helpless tinies on her bedroom floor.


“But no. Here we are, with you two little bugs looking to abandon the rest of your friends, and not thinking twice about it.” She gesturing up towards the cupboard atop which the rest of the tinies still were. “How selfish…”


She took another step, now closing any minor distance between her and her prey. The muffled crash of her socked foot upon the worn carpet filling the ears of the two tinies, almost bringing their hands up to their heads as she moved, only to have their other senses greeted with an even more unpleasant addition. Her nostrils flaring, Rose’s vision quickly started to descend the enormous girl, in search of the scent.


“And do either of you know what happens to naughty, selfish bugs that try to run away from their owner?” Annie’s lips began to curl into an awful smirk as she leant downwards, directly addressing the tinies.


Rose’s eyes were still moving, the adrenaline causing her focus to scatter as she fought to maintain control. The word of her giant captor still ringing in her ears. Down, past the girl’s slim midriff, cotton shorts, bare legs, and right until they settled on the lowest part of her body. Eyes burning and heart blasting against her chest, Rose looked to her right, only to spy Tom’s gaze mirroring her own, both of them confirming the source of the grim scent that slowly invaded their surroundings.


“They get punished.”


And with the stale, musty stink of Annie’s worn socks still swirling around them, Rose and Tom glanced back up at the huge girl above them, only for their blood to run cold. The hungry smile on her face was quickly obscured as both of her hands shot down from above and snatched the tiny people.


Her smirk growing with every passing second, Annie kicked the door shut behind her, then scampered over to her bed before dropping down upon it, crossing her legs as she landed. Quickly glancing over at the clock on her wall, she nodded to herself, then turned her attention back to her hands, eager to take a look at the captives within them.


Rose and Tom found themselves tightly squeezed upon all sides by the giant girl’s fleshy skin as they were swung around inside her palms. The latter found the energy to push and kick at the suffocating mass that bore down upon him, whilst the former was now so panicked she could hardly control her own breathing, let alone muster any fight to deny the giantess. And yet, no sooner had they been swept up into her hands were they released again. Rose’s prison opening up above her, whilst Tom was unceremoniously rolled from one hand to the other, now prone beside Rose.


“So, I think we should talk about these punishments of yours.”


Still smirking down at the tiny two in her hand, Annie could barely contain her excitement at the prospect of disciplining the pair. Not that she didn’t get to have plenty of fun with her little pets on a daily basis as it was, but normally she’d make a fairly conscious effort to rein the more gross tendencies of her personality, believing her pets would be more subservient and willing to serve her if she was fair to them. But in a situation such as this, there was no need to keep up the pretence.


“Now, it has been quite a while since the last person in your little group tried to defy me, so I’m not really up to speed with how best to discipline you lot,” she began, her teeth cracking through her confident smile as she spoke. “Therefore, I think I’m going to experiment a little with you two. See what style of punishment I prefer, and which is most effective in keeping you in line…”


Tom and Rose had now gotten to their feet and were both staring up at the giantess, partly in terror at the words she spoke, but also in sheer awe at the size of the girl. Neither of them had ever really been this close to her, and at this distance, her size truly was immense. Something else that was undeniable at this distance was the smell drifting from between her lips as she spoke. Not quite as powerful as that of the sock they were faced with earlier, but still certainly unpleasant enough for them both to take note.


“I mean, I could always just dispose of you both right here and now, if you’re going to be shy about this,” Annie retorted, in response to their lack of reaction to her words.


For her, part of the fun was the theatre of it all. Being able to elicit any reaction she wanted from her tiny audience was what made much of her time so entertaining, at least the times when she wasn’t physically toying with the little people. And when she didn’t get the responses she wanted, she was certainly quick to irritate. However, the sharp cries and pleas from the two as she spoke calmed her temper again, the smirk returning to her face.


Annie cooed. “Aww, are you sure? My boots are only over there, and I could so easily slip them on and stomp you both out of existence?”


Their diminished cries rang out once again, but Annie was in her zone. Sweeping her arm in the direction of the brown ankle boots nearby. The golden buckle adorning each casting a dull reflection.


“Well, if you’re both so keen to be punished instead, I guess we’d better get started then.”


She smiled down at them both again, quivering at her gaze.


“I’m sure by now you both know how much of a fan I am of having people get to know my smells, so I am rather taken with that prospect.” She pondered, lazily swaying as she spoke. “I suppose you could have a short stay in my underarm, which wouldn’t be too lethal considering I wore deodorant today. Or maybe you’d rather guess what I ate for dinner earlier?”


At this, Annie quickly opened her mouth wide and let out a swift exhale over the figures upon her palm, causing them both to squeal in disgust as they began to cough and splutter at the stinging scent washed over them. The giantess simply laughed, not bothering to contain her enjoyment any further.


“Whew, smells good right?”


Glancing down, past her hands, she caught sight of her right foot dangling over her leg, and another idea fired into her malicious mind. She waited for them both to regain their composure once more before she continued to speak.


“Bet you guys must’ve caught a whiff of my socks earlier…” she continued, mischievously watching them both freeze at the question, only growing her smile once more. “I’ve been walking around all day today, and given how sore my feet feel, they must pack a hell of a punch right now. And just think how easy it would be for me to slide you both under my feet and let you breathe in my nasty socks for a little while. Or hell, I could just slip you both inside those socks and leave you in there to soak it all up for as long as I wanted.”


Annie’s already huge eyes appeared to be growing with every word she said, drilling through the prey in her hand and causing Rose to practically lose all control over her body, using every ounce of her strength to stay standing.


“However…” she followed up, the joy leaving her face somewhat as she calmed herself down. “I did say I wouldn’t kill either of you today, and knowing my feet, there’s no guarantee you’d make it out alive, so maybe that’s best left for now. I don’t think they’re all that bad today, but I suppose you never know what you bugs can handle, and hey, there’s always next time, right?”


The pair shuddered at her passing threat but were sincerely glad to have evaded that possibility for the time being. Tom moved on quickly, focusing upon the giantess once more, however, Rose was still hung up on the giant girl’s words. How could her socks give off such a notable stench and yet she still maintained to downplay it? She had to be deceiving them, trying to lure them to believe she could do worse in order to keep them scared and obedient. It was the only explanation.


Unless of course, she was telling the truth.


Rose felt a chill pass through her body. No, she couldn’t even entertain that prospect. It had to be a lie, and she’d think nothing more of it. Because if it wasn’t, Rose could even begin to comprehend just what Annie’s feet could be capable of. And that truly terrified her.


“Okay, I think it’s time for you guys to choose. If you think you can handle me and my many, many stinks, then I’ll give you a blast with one of them before popping you back in your box. Or, if you’d rather, I can give you a more permanent way to remember this escape attempt, before putting you back?”


The tiny couple looked at each other, fear still concealing Rose’s face, whilst Tom seemed to have slipped back into his despair. Neither could bring themselves to say a word to the other and even had they wanted to, it wasn’t long before their giant jailor cut back in.


“Come on. You first, boy?” She poked Tom in the chest. “What’ll it be?”


He glanced down at the soft skin of her hand, then peered over at Rose once more, before staring right back at Annie's enormous visage.


“The latter!” He yelled up, before adding thornily. “I’ve had enough of your stinks!”


This made Annie giggle again, as she carefully lifted him up towards her face.


“Oh, you wish you could get enough of my stinks, little guy.” She exhaled deeply as she teased him, successfully covering him in her gross breath once again. “But, as promised, I’ll give you something more memorable instead.”


Her unsettling smirk now firmly cemented upon her face once more, Annie leaned to her side and hastily dropped Rose out of her hand and onto the wooden bedside table nearby. Then, content that the girl had no means of slipping away whilst she dealt with the other escapee, she sat upright once more and returned her focus to the tiny man dangling from between her fingers. He looked braver than he had before, although she thought this might just be a facade to try and get her to respect his defiance or something along those lines. Whatever it was didn’t matter, nothing could change her mind once it was set upon something.


“I’ll make this quick, bug,” she stated, dismissively, continuing the performance she’d begun. “And if you decide that after this, you’re still keen on leaving this room, then maybe we can kick things up a notch next time.”


Without another word, the giantess held him a little further from her face and grasped Tom’s right arm between the index and thumb on her free hand. He paused for a second, wondering why she’d bothered to hold him with her other hand given he could barely escape her grasp as it was… and then it dawned on him a second too late.


"Wait! Sto—"


*SNAP*


The enormous girl flicked her wrist and in a single, swift movement completely snapped his arm, without even a moment of hesitation.


Tom yelled out in pain, desperately clawing at her fingers with his free arm, all the while feeling his head daze from the shooting pain that now covered the right side of his body. Tears started to fill his eyes as his vision blurred, catching only short glimpses of his surroundings, along with the huge smirking face that still dominated much of his view. He thought for a moment he could hear Rose yell out something, but his senses were starting to fail him as his consciousness began to slip away into agony.


“Aww, I think he’s out.”


Annie cocked her head to the side as she watched his increasingly lifeless body feebly attempt to remove her tight hold on his now useless arm. She’d expected him to react, and certainly react strongly, but she was a little surprised how fast he’d gone into shock.


“I thought he might be better off with an arm broken, considering I was going to break a leg. But I think he’d probably become a bit useless around here as a cripple. Sure, he wouldn't be able to run from me, but that's no fun.” Annie shook his body a little as she did pondered.


“Hey ho, he’ll be back soon.”


She absentmindedly dropped his body atop the bedsheet beside her, mercifully deciding against lifting one of her cheeks to slide him under her notoriously noxious ass. Annie theatrically dusted her hands off before turning her attention to the other rebel she was yet to punish. Sliding off the bed, she then knelt in front of the table and arched her back ever so slightly to ensure her face was at eye level with the irate girl who appeared to be yelling at her.


“Looks like someone found their fire!” Annie was back to smiling, amused by the performance she was seeing, trying to strain her ears to hear what was being said.


“You fucking bitch! How could you do that to him? You’re a monster! I’ll kill yo—“


Annie rolled her eyes and carelessly dropped her finger onto the girl, causing her to collapse onto the wooden surface, now gasping and spluttering for air. She gazed down at the tiny thing, unable to stop the hungry smile from blossoming upon her lips. Miming a deep yawn for a moment, ignoring the struggles beneath her finger, she left Rose to suffer a little longer before finally releasing her and allowing her to breathe again.


“You know, if you think I’m going too easy on you guys, we can always kick things up a notch,” Annie began, checking her nails as she spoke. “I did offer you two the chance for a more severe punishment, and if you’re not happy with my methods, I’m always happy to resort to that.”


Rose was now on her hands and knees, letting out the last few coughs whilst her lungs returned to working order, just in time to catch what the giantess was saying. And that was more than enough to suppress the anger that had overwhelmed her, as well as letting the dread take hold once again.


Glancing down at Rose’s limp form, she continued. “I think I can probably nab my boots from here, and we can just finish you off under those, like I said? Then again, I saw how you looked at my feet earlier. Perhaps you’d rather see the inside of my boots instead, hmm? No one’s ever been lucky enough for that before, and I promise you, all my shoes are just as deadly on the inside as they are on the outside. Maybe even more so, if you give me enough time to get them all brewed up…”


The giant girl flashed Rose a wink as she trailed off, her smile bigger than the tiny girl had ever seen now, and Rose could feel her chest pounding again. Her heart was slamming into her ribs as if it was about to burst from her and try to escape this horrible situation instead. She was about to have a panic attack. She just knew it.


“Fineeeee, I’ll take your pathetic whimpering as a ‘no' then,” Annie relented, thoroughly enjoying the meltdown that was happening in front of her. “Such a shame, I bet you’d make a great insole.”


Rose couldn’t stop hyperventilating. Her heart was racing a million miles per hour, and yet she couldn’t calm herself down in the slightest, even with the threat of the giant girl’s feet having passed. She clutched at her chest, trying in vain to steady her breathing, but it was all too much. Her pupils dilated and her nostrils flared, trying to get as much oxygen into her body as fast as possible, but it was no good.


“Man, you okay there?” The giant girl asked, starting to show something that almost seemed like concern.


Annie wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but she could certainly see the tiny girl breathing heavily as if her life depended on it. And although she wasn't entirely heartless herself, the cogs behind her eyes began to whirl again and a nasty idea came to mind. One she simply couldn’t pass up.


“Well, if you’re in no state to choose, little one, I suppose I can make that choice for you,” she stated, creeping slightly closer to the distressed girl.


“What kind of owner would I be, otherwise?”


At this point, Rose could hardly even hear the deafening voice above her, but if she knew one thing, whatever was being said, there was no chance it meant anything good for her.


“Just between us, I actually don’t really like doing what I had to do to your friend,” the giantess continued, still closing in. “It was his choice after all, so I went along, but there’s no fun in actually breaking my toys. So I think we’ll go with stink for you. More fun for me, less damage long-term for you. Everyone’s a winner!”


At this stage, Annie was practically performing for herself, but she didn’t care the girl was almost incapacitated through panic.


Lifting up her left arm, Annie showed off the damp patch of the shirt right in the centre of her underarm. “It has been a real long day, so my pits have definitely gotten a little sweaty and I think I know a tiny body would do wonders to mop up some of that sweat and stink…”


She turned slightly as she said this, allowing Rose’s convulsing body to get a direct look at her discoloured armpit, permitting a short waft of sour stench to reach the girl as she did. Eliciting a slight yelp from the helpless bug. Chuckling, Annie was satisfied and proceeded to lower her arm once again.


“Buuuuuut, I think it would be way more fun to give you a taste of my dinner instead.” She concluded, her smug face looking more jubilant by the second. “After all, it’d be a crime to let all the garlic bread I ate go to waste, isn’t that right, little one?”


Rose started to squirm and plead incoherently, as best as her lungs would permit, but she had completely lost control at this stage. Her only hope now seemed to be that she’d just mercifully pass out as Tom had. However, she was getting the feeling she'd be experiencing exactly what Annie wanted her to. she had to suffer any plans the cruel giantess had for her. Any hope of appealing to her lacking humanity seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.


“Don’t worry, you’ll get to sniff my pits next time. I promise!” Annie assured her, as she carefully began to cup her hands around the shifting figure.


"P-Please... I can't..."


Then, before Rose could make another sound, the girl’s gargantuan palms had closed in around her, leaving her in total darkness. Seemingly alone with her own thoughts and traitorously failing body. Her head thumped again and again, trying to join her heart in escaping the doomed form that was now trapped inside the giant brat’s hands. Until finally, mercifully, Rose could feel herself slipping away.


Rolling over onto her back, she could barely make out a shaft of light opening up above her as Annie's thumbs parted, only to be replaced with two large shapes that began to move in unison. And then she heard it.


“Hope you’ve not run out of air, bug? Here, let me help.”


Watching her huge lips moving, Rose didn't quite understand what she was supposed to be expecting. And then her heart froze solid and her lungs screamed out, realising what was to come a split second before she did.


“NOOOOO—“


Annie’s mouth opened wide, sealed around her fingers and—


*BHHUUUURRRRRPPPPPP*


Rose was practically pinned down to the floor from the force of the giantess’ belch and was yanked back to consciousness to suffer every last bit of stink Annie'd just unleashed upon her fragile senses. Fragments of saliva and herbs spluttering out and onto her spreadeagled form from the rancid fissure above.


Once the deafening onslaught subsided, Rose was just about able to drag herself back onto all fours, staggering forwards before slamming into the wall of flesh that entombed her. Retching and gagging, her eyes streaming, she tried to seek any untainted air that might've remained. But there was none. The giant’s lips were gone, and she’d sealed up the gap to contain every last bit of foul, spiced air she’d filled the fleshy containment with.


Annie was barely able to hold her hands steady as she cackled to herself. She could feel the tiny girl scratching and clawing at her tightly knitted fingers, clearly hoping to force them open, but the giantess had no intention of releasing her just yet.


“Oh man, that was actually so nasty! Hope you’re enjoying my dinner as much as I did, you little bug.”


Rose was on the verge of throwing up. The thick, garlic-infused air throttled her, all whilst she was treated to more teasing and humiliation from the unseen sadist outside her prison. Every breath seemed to catch in her throat and force her to taste the girl’s awful breath again and again, never once getting used to the feeling. There wasn't a single hint of oxygen that didn't feel hot, and everything stank just like Annie.


After what felt like years trapped inside the girl’s stifling hands, illumination finally burst into her eyes and the flavoured air slowly dissipated, giving Rose a chance to breathe what little clean air she could find to exorcise her poisoned lungs.


Meanwhile, Annie loved every second of this. Watching her weakly scramble around, trying to expel the tainted air from her body to absolutely no avail.


“Wow, I’m honestly impressed, little one!” She exclaimed, in as mocking a voice as she could muster. “You must really love garlic, huh? Or maybe you’re just more of a budding stink-hound than you let on?”


Rose was just barely capable of responding. Only for Annie to purse her lips and blow a deliberate waft of breath right into her tiny face as her head tried to lift, knocking her flat.


Rose remained on her back, chest heaving and eyes bulging.


“Either way, that’s your punishment done for now, so I’ll pop you both back now and I expect you to have learned your lesson because I won’t go so easy on the next person who tries their luck at an escape. Who knows, maybe they’ll get to smell my dinner coming out the other end?”


Laughing as she gathered up Rose’s jittering body and turned to grab Tom’s from the bed too.


“Or maybe I'll try one of you idiots out as an insole after all. I wasn't kidding, those boots seriously do fucking reek.”


Annie smiled darkly, before bringing both of them up to her lips, opening her mouth again, then licking them both bodily. Coating their entire fronts with her sticky saliva, Rose and Tom shuddered uncontrollably, ensuring neither would forget her stink anytime soon.


With both now weakly moving upon her palm, she hopped up to the top of her cupboard and deposited them back with her other toys. All of whom sat anxiously awaiting her emergence, having been listening out. Her hand appeared over the rim of the closet and dropped the two near-lifeless forms into the box.


There was a loud bang as she jumped back to the floor, and could just about be heard as she approached the door.


“Later, bugs.”


Chapter End Notes:

And there you have it!

If you're interested, I'll be aiming to post another chapter in my current story in the coming days. And until then, I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my favourite character from Freshening Up.

Feel free to drop a review if you enjoyed or had any questions for me, and I'll hope to see you in the next one!