- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally making it to her date with Grace, our titular giantess learns a little more about the previous nights' entertainment, and the two girls speculate over the whereabouts of their third companion...

Included Content: GTS, F/m, F/f, Foot, Footwear, Entrapment, Odor, Slave

Finally coming to a breathless standstill, allowing herself a moment’s reprieve before heading into the bustling coffee shop, Sarah slumped backwards against the coarse brick. It was taking practically all the remaining energy she could spare to avoid slipping to the floor and gasping her lungs dry. But, she’d made it at least. Late, admittedly, but still.



Dragging air down her throat, Sarah found herself still a little frustrated over her friend’s choice of time. If she’d picked a later slot or a nearer venue then she’d have made it sooner. Nothing to do with her own dramatic oversleeping, of course. Running had never been the prissy blonde’s strong suit, however, given her own tardiness, it’d been somewhat unavoidable today.



She took a few more minutes to gather herself. First to catch her breath, hard as that seemed, and then to examine her own appearance with the help of her phone, all the while totally oblivious to the strange looks she received from passing bystanders. Sarah carefully examined the edges of her face and framing of her hair, as well as anything else that had the potential to have slipped out of place. She pivoted on the spot, looking for the best light in which to tweak her appearance. In the process damn near clotheslining an elderly couple exiting the café. Both grumbled understandably, something about ‘kids these days’, with Sarah offering nothing in response as she continued to inspect herself.



Finally, lungs refilled and appearance satisfactory, she turned on her heels and pushed both doors open emphatically, almost catching another patron who’d been about to grasp their handles from the inside. Again, she showed little consideration of this fact, instead pushing past them and quickly beginning to scan the room for her friend.



Within seconds, her eyes caught the rim of an elevated, dirty blonde ponytail bobbing behind a few customers queuing up to be served. It wasn’t exactly clear from that distance, but still good enough of an indicator for Sarah, who began to eagerly barge her way between people. Some who simply allowed her to pass without quarrel, whilst others tutted or turned to their colleagues in exasperation. It wasn’t clear if Sarah failed to notice this, or simply didn’t care in the slightest, but the result was the same either way, with her forcefully shuffling through inconsiderately. Once on the other side, she sought out the hairstyle again and soon locked eyes with its owner, sitting a few tables away from her.



“Well, look who decided to honour me with her presence!”



Whilst the sarcasm would’ve seemed fairly clear to most onlookers, it seemed to glide over Sarah, who simply rushed over and barrelled into her friend as the latter got to her feet. The two embraced before hastily sliding down into the seats opposite one another.



Grace was quite a striking contrast to Sarah in a great many ways, not least of which was their visual disparity. Whilst the shorter blonde was fairly obsessed with the latest and varied fashion she could procure, hardly ever willing to wear the same outfit twice, footwear not included, Grace appeared to opt for a much more independent aesthetic. Still greatly appearance-conscious, but less interested in recent trends and more intent on dressing in what she felt represented her at the time. In line with that, today she’d opted for a tight black shirt, devoid of design, paired with some fraying blue jeans and a heavy pair of embroidered Doc Marten boots. Each one laced tightly and riding up to centre of her shins. As for her physical makeup, she both complimented and contrasted her tardy friend.



She was considerably taller than Sarah, by several inches at least, and Grace's slim figure only accentuated this different even more so. Her chest and backside were less endowed than her friend’s, and yet none of this seemed to weight upon her in the slightest, instead wearing her elevation and slenderness with a great deal of confidence and little envy to others. In line with this, the taller girl also had a much more gaunt and sharp visage, with an edged jawline and svelte nose ending in a cute button. However, the most notable thing about her was undoubtably her smile. Grace didn’t just smile or grin like most, instead her whole face seemed to soften around it and brighten in the process, lighting up a room and provoking similar expressions upon the faces of those around her. Not to mention the fact she seemed almost incapable of switching this aspect of herself off, meaning she wore said smile in perpetuity, hardly ever having it leave her face, even when her emotions turned.



“So,” the taller girl began, simpering. “That better of been one hell of a sleep to keep me waiting so long.”

Sarah groaned, running her hand across her forehead. “I, well… not really, but I guess I should’ve expected after last night.”



“Oh god, I almost forgot about that!” Grace continued to giggle. “I don’t know what you had, but hun, you were completely plastered before we even headed out.”



“Was not!” Sarah shot back, a little too defensively. “Just a little… tipsy, I guess. You know?”



“Mhm, and I was absolutely one hundred percent sober, yeah.”



“You were not,” Sarah continued, still a little too quickly. “I literally saw you drinking last night. You were on those colourful shots you do.”



Grace, still smile embossed, rolled her eyes. Her friend’s obliviousness never ceased to amuse her. But particularly as it pertained to the girl’s utter inability to read and register most sarcasm or irony, things Grace herself tended to rely upon frequently. She threw her hands up, baring her palms and bowing her head in Sarah’s direction, exaggerating the whole spiel.



“You got me,” she spoke in a humble tone, then a little more shrewdly as her eyes raised. “But at least I didn’t spend the evening talking everyone’s ears off about my ‘little passengers’, or whatever you call them. Pretty sure even the bar staff knew by the time we’d left!”



Sarah’s eyes widened suddenly. She looked about, head still but eyes shifting, certain any number of people could now be staring at her, but didn’t seem to find any eyes fixed in her direction, besides Grace’s blue gems.



“Relax, you didn’t actually tell the bar staff, Sare, yeesh.”



Leaning back in her chair, Grace crossed on leg over the other and used her dangling foot to poke Sarah’s leg, further easing the situation.



“Gosh, you really need to lighten up with this stuff. No one else knows, and honestly, no one else cares, dude. Well, except for some of the friends and families, I’m sure, but better not to think about that.” She reasoned, wafting her hand. “Plus, who’d believe you, anyway? Without proof that is.”



“I guess,” Sarah muttered, looking a little uneasy but less concerned. “But I don’t want them taken away. They’re mine, after all.”



“Of course that’s your concern.”



“What? I’m sure Annie feels the same.”



“I mean, yeah. But that’s hardly fair. That girl would sooner die than lose her ‘collection’, so it’s not really comparable,” Grace scoffed, briefly leaning taking a sip of her coffee. “By the way, have you heard from her at all after last night? I pinged her a couple times earlier, but haven’t heard a thing. Then again, that didn’t seem to get your attention either.”



Sarah dragged her phone up and quickly checked her messages. Nothing new, just still packed with the spam she’d received during her fiasco earlier. “Nahh, nothing. Was she out late?”



“Nope. She left before I did. I got a message when she got home, but nothing since. Hope she’s okay.”



—————



Several small figures sat slumped down, knees pulled up to their chests and heads resting atop. None of them moved or spoke, simply sitting in total silence, illuminated by the dim light cast from the broader bedroom as it passed through the single transparent wall of their container. It wasn’t much, but enough to uncover small parts of their surroundings, as well as the shadows littering the outside world.



The room itself was empty, at least of any observable beings. The floor untidy, bed unmade, and the desk upon which they were contained was covered in papers, pens, as well as various assortments of tech and cables. Beyond that of the surfaces, the window on the distant wall was concealed behind a pair of darkened curtains, permitting a small haze of warm light to blanket the environment, presumably cast from one of the many street-lamps that flanked the pavement outside.



Eventually, one of the figures, a young woman, pushed herself off the scuffed wooden surface and began to pace around the container. Still maintaining the silence, but clearly restless and seeking something to relieve the evident tedium, only to find little respite through her new movement. And despite this, she went unobserved by her fellows.



Until they heard it.



A low, distant clatter and sharp jangle of metal. Not from within their room. No. But from further away, yet still loud enough to trigger a response.



Each of the sedentary people, two thin-looking boys, lifted their heads nervously and looked at one another. And then over to the motionless girl, who’d been pacing up until moments before. She stared back, wearing a similarly cold expression. None of them moved or made a sound, instead collectively straining their ears to catch even the most minor noise. There was nothing for a few seconds, but following a few more moments, the silence was broken again. This time, by a different sound.



Rhythmic thumps began to sound. Deep and rumbling, each separated by a few seconds, but still constant and increasing in volume. The sound was getting nearer with each instance. Again and again, the thumps sounded. And whilst they had initially seemed to originate from beneath the enclosed group, they now seemed to be coming from somewhere across from them, likely behind the opaque wall to their rear.



As the sound became closer, each of the people seemed unable to stop themselves from jumping slightly as they felt it vibrate through their chests. To the boys, this sound was dreadfully familiar, a fact conveyed by a simple, solemn look they shared. And even if the knowledge wasn’t equal for their female counterpart, her own expression was just as concerned.



Just as the thumps reached a peak, the sounds stopped. Pausing or ceasing, it was hard to tell. Until they were replaced by a short click, a bump, and then a prolonged, high-pitched squeal as a door was shoved open.



None of them could see anything at first, limited by the single perspex viewpoint they had, but after the squealing ceased, the thumps began again and their source finally made itself known.



An enormous figure stomped its way into view on the far side of the room, moving towards the bed and the table to its side. Facing away from them, its hand flicked sideways and suddenly a bright light burst out. The source was concealed behind her her silhouette but managed to illuminate most of the room as it shrouding her outline in considerably more darkness. She stood there for around a minute or so, apparently fiddling with something beyond the spectators’ sight, and then turned to her left, falling back onto the bed and bouncing off the surface as her backside landed squarely upon its edge. The huge girl was now properly lit by the bedside light, and the tiny observers’ concerns were confirmed.



The giantess’ frizzy, chestnut hair washed down across her soft face as it was yanked free of the loose band with which she’d restrained it. At first it only seemed to conceal her, but following a couple instinctual shakes, it parted at the centre of her forehead and trailed down the sides of her rounded head, the tips of which rested neatly below her shoulders. Whilst she might’ve not have been the most eye-catching of people, there was still a certain allure about her, bordering between a playful cuteness and unusual ingenue. Her hazel eyes were framed brightly by a pair of thin-rimmed, circular glasses, resting upon the bridge of her shallow nose. The girl’s tight lips and wide cheeks stood out also, but it was difficult to observe much more without taking in her sense of style too, at least from where the imprisoned folk stood.



Given she still sat upon the distant bed, any detailed examination was made difficult but not fruitless. The vast majority of her form was hidden beneath a rippling dress, deep blue and fastened tight around her midriff with the aid of a heavy, black strap, but framed from her ample shoulders down. It was drawn up around her knees now that she was no longer stood, which also revealed her choice of footwear, specifically a pair of dingy looking trainers. Once white, but now a murkier grey with three jet black stripes lining either side.



The three tiny figures continued to observe in silence, hoping that their diligence might reward them with an uneventful end to their night. But the mere hope of that fact seemed to act as a curse, for no sooner had one of them mentally posited the idea, did the brunette’s gaze cross their path. At first gliding pensively over their residence, only to return with purpose seconds later, paired with a devious grin.



She hopped up to her feet, causing the dress to shimmer as she rose and then smoothly moved off to the side, out of sight. Almost in sync, the three watchers recoiled, stumbling back into their original positions and sinking down to their knees. Although they could no longer see any sign of the giantess, they could still make out the familiar click of the bedroom’s door as it was closed, followed closely by the low, rumbling stomps. Each of them held their breath, awaiting the inevitable.



The acrylic window filled as two enormous hazel globes rose up from beneath the desk, taking time to look at each of boys and girl in turn. Only to rise up further, replaced by a wide, shining maw. Her pale lips stretched tight above and below two lines of perfect teeth before all was obscured as her warm breath passed between the white stones and clouded up the window completely. The giantess’ shade could still be seen, but all details were shrouded now.



“So…” a voice spoke, rattling through the wooden cell. “How was your evening?”



—————



“I’m sure she’s fine,” Sarah replied flippantly, having finally settled down. “Probably just overslept is all. Happens to the best of us.”



Grace frowned a little, but only for a moment. Her face softening and regaining its signature smile as she leant back once more. “So I’ve heard. I’ll probably just give her a call later on.”



At this, Sarah hopped up from her seat and turned to shuffle off in the direction of the nearby counter, providing little more than a “back in a sec”, before she was off. Nodding, Grace watched her friend go, eyes slipping down towards carpeted floor as she walked, taking note of Sarah’s footwear choice. A pair of white converse, low-cut and laced tightly. Not ones that the observant girl recognised but still, she pondered over the possibilities within, before glancing down at her own boots with a wry smirk.



Returning a few minutes later, Sarah dropped back down onto the seat opposite her lean counterpart, coffee in hand. She started to take a sip, only to spring back in response, panting. Grace merely chuckled.



“You know, you never did say,” the taller blonde said, casually stretching her legs to once again poke her friend with her toe. “How are they? Still around after last night, I hope?”



“What, my boots?”



Grace snorted dryly. “Yeah, that’s what I meant. Not the tiny bodies someone was treading on all night long. No, of course I meant your smelly, old boots.”



It was Sarah’s turn to roll her eyes now, trying and failing to take another sip of her scolding drink as she did.



“They’re fine,” she replied curtly, quickly diverting the conversation to things of greater importance. “My feet were pretty sore and the boots a little worse for wear, but neither were that bad.”



It took a great deal of effort for Grace to not scoff once again, instead raising her eyebrows and shooting her friend a skeptical look.



“Ah yes, because your shoes are notorious for not stinking like crazy.”



“Hey! Mean. They’re not that bad, jesus.”



“Sure thing,” she smirked back. “Maybe we should get a second opinion on that, huh? If only we had a few people who could back up that claim of yours. Maybe some that spent their evening trapped inside a certain particularly repulsive pair of shoes perhaps? Remind me, whose shoes could those hypothetical tiny people have been trapped in last night?”



Sarah just looked away dismissively, taking long sips of her drink, having finally cooled it to a palatable degree.



“Was it me? No, I don’t think so. My feet were faaaaar too slick; anyone would’ve slipped right out of my heels.” Grace had taken on a ponderous, almost investigative tone, as if piecing together a most devilish mystery. “Was it Becca, or Jess? No, I’m pretty sure neither of them have access to any tinies at the moment, as much as they might’ve bugged me about it.”



Still refusing to dignify the charade, Sarah continued to drink.



“Was it Annie? Well, yeah, possibly. There’s no way she didn’t have a couple kicking around in those trainers, knowing her. But still, she wasn’t wearing a certain pair boots, so that’s a no there too.”



Grace paused for a moment now, hand on her chin and brow furrowed. She even began to silently count out some of her fingers, miming confusion.



“Hmm, well who could that leave us with…?”



“The best one. Obviously,” Sarah finally offered up, having drunk far too much of her coffee whilst she evaded. She pulled a little pose with her hands as she did. Resting the tops of her finger tips and side-eyeing a smile.



“Indeed. More commonly known as ‘the girl with the smelliest boots known to mankind’.”



“God, you’re such a drama queen, Grace,” Sarah sighed, returning both her hands and gaze to the dwindling cup she still clutched. “They’re just smelly feet.”



Grace well and truly did snort now, covering her mouth and drawing a few peculiar looks in the process. She didn’t acknowledge them, only focused on rebutting her friend’s colossal downplaying.


“Just smelly feet, yeah? Maybe try telling that to the drama kid you ran out of school. What was his name? Ryan something? Bet he’d have some differing point-of-views.”



“His only viewpoint was from the floor,” Sarah scoffed, lazily rolling her neck. “And anyway, the perv should’ve known better, shouldn’t he?”



“Man, Annie really does know how to push your buttons at times, doesn’t she?” Grace mused.



—————



Each one of the tiny captives was trembling now. The voice echoing around the cramped box having tipped them over the edge, paired with the sudden removal of their fragile ceiling. It hadn’t taken long for the giantess to hastily unlock the wooden plate above them and toss it aside, sending it spiralling off into the distance.



“Awwww, you lot look so shy! Don’t be nervous, it’s only me,” she cooed, leaning over the wide opening and reaching down inside. She quickly snatched up the first form she could snare within her grasp before they had the chance to scatter further.



Dragging her closed fist back out, the giantess snuck a glimpse at the frantically wriggling girl, only to tighten her fingers further and gather the box up in her free hand. “Tell you what, I’ll go first and let you know what I’ve been up to, huh? It’s only fair, right? In fact, I’ll do one better. Maybe I can just show you instead…”



Taking a few steps back, the brunette still clutched at her possessions, before launching herself backwards to crash into the rotating desk chair to her rear. Sliding backwards several feet as she landed, the girl let out a chuckle, beginning to spin herself around a couple times for good measure. “Whew, feels sooooo good to be off my feet at last…” Her legs stretched out wide as she twisted upon the plastic axis.



Eventually she came to a standstill and casually dropped the occupied box near the desk’s edge, still keeping her shrunken prey firmly sealed against her palm. The giantess leant back into the chair, giving herself just enough room to fling up her legs and rest both feet upon the cluttered surface, crossing them at the ankles with the right atop the left. “Man, these babies have had it rough tonight,” she laughed as twirled her appendage. “And I’m not just talking about your tiny pals. So much walking, and dancing, and jumping. Poor fuckers.”



The two boxed tinies jerked up at this, pressing against the transparent barrier, as they tried their best to peer past the monolithic footwear towards the taunting girl beyond. All the while, the tiny being within the giantess’ clammy palm simply beat and clawed at the surrounding skin of her owner, really struggling to keeping track of time inside the fleshy prison, moistening by the second.



“Trust me, if these bad boys are feeling stuffy to me, they’d have to be like ten times worse for you bugs,” she continued, staring hungrily at her own shoes, keenly watching the slightest big of movement against their material. “Plus, I’m like ninety percent sure one of ‘em got their head stuck up in my toes a couple hours back. He fight real hard to get it back out at first, for a pretty long time too, but I guess my feet were just too charming for him in the end, haha.”



Her devilish smile proved just as unnerving as the words pouring from her lips, at least to the tinies that were unfortunate enough to witness them both. Their female counterpart still wallowing in the giantess’ closed fist, unable to see or hear anything of her captor.



“I guess we really ought to check on ‘em, huh?” She said, now leaning forward dramatically, staring across to the box, scuttling her open hand towards the filthy laces upon the right shoe. “I know you might think you’d be safe in that little cage of yours, you two, but you’d be fucking wrong, so maybe think about holding your breath…”



The girl ran the tip of her tongue across her lower lip as the first lace slowly drew back, followed closely by the other, freeing the bow upon her first shoe and permitting each of them to fall to the wayside of the weathered fabric. Then, making sure her audience had not lost interest just yet, she drew her foot slightly closer towards her hips and began to tug at her heel with her free hand. But to little success. The giantess worked hard to slide her foot free from the stifling chamber but struggled greatly without the aid of her other hand.

Eyes rolling, the girl leant to the side and moved her clenched hand over the desk, quickly releasing the girl within. She immediately flailed about in the open, shocked at the sudden freedom. The poor thing seemed to be covered in a thin layer of palm sweat, slipping about upon the desk top as she sought her bearings, only to meet the hazel gaze staring back at her. “Don’t move whilst I pop these off, or I won’t hesitate to thong you, bitch.”



Retreating from the pitiable girl, the large brunette now fixed both hands around her unlaced trainer, one around the toe and upper sole, as the other tried to slip the heel free. She fought for a little while longer, part from a genuine struggle but also revelling in the anticipation. And eventually it worked, scored by a sickening pop, having created just enough space for her slick foot to slip past the mouth of the trainer and out into the open.



Even from within the box and at a considerable distance, the two boys looked at one another in silent acknowledgement, wearing complete and utter dread. A reaction that was mimicked far more voraciously by their female counterpart, who was now frantically clutching at her throat and thrashing about, seeking to push herself as far away from the sweaty appendage as she possibly could.



Smirking broadly, the relieved giantess glanced to the side, watching her audience. Swinging herself around, she admiring her glistening foot in the evening light, a little less pale than it normal was. 



“I did warn you…” The giant girl sang, enunciating each word as she stretched her leg and cast the tiny girl into shadow of her sole. Still watching on, hands on mouths and sickened. All the boys heard was that of a desperate final scream, followed by a wet slap. That, and the stomach-churning giggles from their warden as the giant girl began to grind her foot onto the desk.



—————



“Sare, you do realise Annie was yanking your chain, yeah?”



“Eh?”



Grace stifled a short exhale. “That kid never even looked at your feet, dude. Sure, he was checking out your ass and stuff,” then with an exasperated look, “like most of the guys back in sixth form.”



Sarah looked at her friend for a moment, puzzled, tipping her head to the side, then moving to take another sip of her drink. “Nahhh, he was clearly one of those foot boys. Annie just noticed it first. Takes one to know one, and all that.”



Fortunately Grace had not been in a position to drink from her own beverage, otherwise she would almost certainly coated her partner in it as disbelief tickled her. “Sarah, you can be so thick sometimes, it honestly astounds me.”



Sarah flicked her hair back and over her shoulder with a little cocked smirk, clearly only having listened to the second part of the sentence. Grace rolled her eyes, amused.



“Plus, why would she lie about it?”



“Cause Annie knew full-well what your school shoes were like? Or she just wanted to fuck with someone? Plus she’s probably sick in the head? Pick your poison, I don’t know?”



“True, but he was still asking for it.”



Grace went to retort once more, only to be swiftly cut-off by her counterpart who seemed to have finished her drink.



“And anyway, don’t act like your hands are clean there,” Grace tensed up a little, eyes narrowing sharply. “Pretty sure that perv would remember three sets of feet teaching him a lesson, right. Annie’s not the only one to blame.”



The tables seemed well and truly turned now, even if Sarah didn’t quite seem to realise what she’d said. Grace had rapidly turned a similar shade to the crimson carpet below them, shuffling in her chair as she spoke. “I… well we…” She quickly trailed off, deeply glad no one seemed to have listened to her blabbering friend, but thoroughly embarrassed all the same. She still felt a pang of guilt. “That- that’s in the past, Sare.”



“Hey, you brought it up. Not me,” Sarah responded flippantly.



Grace made a strange noise at this, steeling herself and clawing back some composure. Before long, she was beaming once again, though still hadn’t quite shaken the blood that had rushed into her cheeks. Not that Sarah had even noticed.



“Right, anyway, as I was saying. They’re still alive, right?”



“Huh?” Sarah said quickly.



“Your… the ones you took out last night?” Grace gestured down beneath the table as she spoke, flapping her hands.



“Ohhhh, yeah, I think. Still useable.”



“Thank fuck for that then. I’m really starting to struggle to keep up with you and Annie needing constant replacements, so maybe you’ve finally found a pair to last,” Grace began to tap at her phone as she spoke, relief showering her face. “And that should bode well for-“



“-well, I wouldn’t… go thaaaaat far.”



Grace stopped her tapping, raising her head suspiciously. Upbeat, but still cocking a sleek eyebrow. “Sarah…? What is it?”



“Oh nothing. Serious, that is,” she waved her friend off, still trying to admire her empty cup as brighter blonde nervously glanced up. “Just that… I might still need a few more… replacements…” Quickly adding, “only when you have them, of course!” As she caught the frustration in her friend’s face, Sarah beamed as disarmingly as she could manage.



Grace could do little more than sigh, returning back to her phone and erasing the hastily made note. “Ugh, no rest for the wicked, ey? And still, Annie asked first, so she gets priority!” She rewrote her note and quickly slipped her phone back into her jeans pocket, leaving half of it precariously dangling out. Grace rested her arms back on the table, interlocking her long fingers and letting her forehead rest down atop them.



Unseen to Sarah, she was deep in thought now, brow furrowed and lips flat. The dirty blonde was keenly aware of her situation now as she let her mind wander, feeling the rough table mat against her skin and catching little whispers from the surrounding tables. But beyond all that, she also began to feel a few sharp twitches from her left boot, catching her by surprise. She bolted back upright.



Sarah looked at her strangely, unsure what to make of Grace’s odd behaviour, but was met with only a girlish smirk as her friend shuffled forwards and the former felt a soft pressure upon her own right foot. “Hey, watch it!”



Grace merely smirked, continuing to cautiously press her boot down atop Sarah’s squirming right foot, pinning the bright white converse beneath the dusty sole of her own larger footwear. Whilst pressure was only light, it still caused Sarah to jump a little, causing her to glare back at Grace. Sarah couldn’t quite see beneath the lip of the table, but was keenly able to feel the weight of her friend’s foot and could’ve even sworn she felt the slightest vibration coming from behind the rubber divide.



“Grace… wait, have you..?”



Grinning more broadly, the gaunt blonde pulled her leg back and sat upright once again, flashing a mischievous glance at Sarah. A far cry from her puzzling state moments earlier. “You could feel her, right?”



Sarah looked shiftily, nodding all the same. She absentmindedly started to grind her own foot down to regain some feeling in it.



“Dunno if you already know, but the blood flow in my legs is a little… well, shit, to tell the truth. So my feet get pretty cold, especially with bigger shoes like these bad boys.” Although she couldn’t see it, Sarah was sure she heard Grace knocked her feet together several times, causing a few dull clunks as the rubberised soles collided. “And this morning, I thought what better way to solve that problem, than to take a page outta your book? After all, our little friends do get kinda warm.”



Sarah was still somewhat bemused at just how casual her friend acted during all this. Especially given the teasing Grace had brought upon her earlier for the same exact thing. Finally mouthing out and pointing down, “In you boots?”



“Socks,” she corrected casually, not mirroring Sarah’s hushed tone. “If they’re in the boots, I don’t really get the benefit of any extra warmth as it pretty much all ends up absorbed by the leather, so I have to go for that skin-on-skin contact. Which I’m sure they’re just thrilled about.”



“I doubt it,” Sarah responded, the sarcasm pinging off her with ease, before adding, “…hypocrite.”



Grace rolled her eyes, firing back, dainty smirk and all, “Well, you’re welcome to check up on them. If your nose is feeling daring, hun?” She then lazily bumped Sarah’s leg with her boot, causing the shorter girl to jump.



“Eww, no thanks. Big pass.”



“Shame. Annie would’ve jumped at an offer like that.” Grace pretended to look offended, lowering her feet back down.



“Well I’m not her.”



“Ain’t that the truth,” Grace laughed.



*bzzzzzz* *bzzzzzz*



“Shit!”



Both girls now jumped in unison at the sudden noise. Sarah scanned around for the source but Grace didn’t have to look, instantly slipping her own phone back out of her jeans to silence it. “Right, I’ve gotta go!” She spluttered out, already having planted her feet and sent her chair flying back as she stood up. “Work’s in twenty, so yanno.”



“It’s okay, I get ya,” her sedentary friend responded, still caught off-kilter by the rapid tailing off of their discussion, but didn’t feel the need to pry further. Sarah just watched on, occasionally glancing back to her empty mug and even to her trainers, before eventually getting up herself. A little more carefully than her friend, it should be noted.



“I’ll message ya in a bit, okay?” Grace continued on, speaking as if to herself. “Oh! And don’t go breaking anymore of them until I can track down some new ones, cause I know how cranky you get when you’re fresh out.”



Sarah frowned at this. Crossing her arms juvenilely and pursed her lips as Grace tucked the chairs back beneath the coffee table.



Once done, Grace offered her a few more parting words, along with an hasty embrace and peck upon the cheek. And with that, she was off. Pushing her way into the crowd nearest the exit, appearing to do her best not to inconvenience anyone as she moved but the lunchtime patrons seemed bothered by her efforts all the same.



As her friend manoeuvred around the busy till, still directing herself towards the exit, Sarah’s eyes couldn’t help but slide downwards. Over her slightly scruffy shirt and tight fitted jeans, until they rested upon her embroidered black ankle-boots rising and falling against the ground. Watching them move was almost mesmerising for Sarah. The repetitive motion seemed almost soothing against the busy surroundings. She’d seen Grace wear them countless times before, but observing them now felt somehow different, almost certainly given the fresh context in which they were being worn.



Sarah tried to shake this off. She’d inspired Grace, and there was little more to consider beyond that. Those boots looked super cute, and she definitely wasn’t thinking about anything else. It was cool that her friend could wear out those boots, especially with some servants. Nope, she wasn’t thinking about Grace, or her boots.



In fact, she wasn’t thinking about them on the drive home, and she certainly wasn’t thinking about them as she got back to her mess of a bedroom. Not as she snatched up a familiar glass jar, nor as she collapsed onto her unmade bed.



Slipping off her converse, servants in hand, there was just no way she was thinking about anything else…


Chapter End Notes:


So I'll be honest, this was a longer delay than I'd anticipated. Apologies for that. My hope was to have this chapter done weeks ago so I could move onto a bigger project, but unfortunately every time I came to finish it off, my motivation just evapourated. Safe to say, it's been a bit of a grind to get this done for you guys, however we got there in the end and I am pleased with how things turned out for the most part! Oh, and if you didn't see the commissioned art that went along with the previous chapter, feel free to check it out below:


https://www.deviantart.com/randomer185/art/Sarah-s-Loyal-Servants-901152724


Now, onto more exciting things, I do have some more stuff in the works. So I'll probably be posting the start of an occasional anthology series within the next week or so, just to give me an outlet to write smaller, more concise stories whilst I work on bigger things in the background. Then from there, I do want to return to Brought To Heel soon, as I've got a few ideas of where to take things there, however an even more exciting prospect looms above that.


I don't want to say too much at this stage, but if all goes to plan, the next big story I'll be posting, and I mean big, will be an ATLA inspired story. And if you know me, then you can probably guess what that's going to entail lol. It's taking a lot of work to write and re-write, as well as gauge just how long it'll be, but I'm giving it my all and hopefully that'll come across.


Anyway, until then, I hope there's some fun stuff for you to enjoy here, especially with the newly introduced characters, and as always I'd love to hear your thoughts in the reviews, along with any questions or requests you might have!