- Text Size +

"I know you're upset about what happened to the kids Diane," Wayne said looking over at his wife as he drove his van.  "But the shrink ray I invented is going to change everything.  When we sell this technology we are going to have everything I always promised you."


Diane shook her head at her husband.  "This isn't about money, I'm just not happy in this marriage anymore.  And I think you're a danger to the kids with all of your zany inventions."


"Oh come on Diane!"


Don't come on me Wayne!  Just a few days ago you almost swallowed our son, and we have another one on the way."


"Right we do, and so we should work this out."  Wayne please with his eyes to his wife.  "It doesn't solve anything to break up now."


"I don't know Wayne," she shook her head.  "I thjnk i need time to think about this."


"How much time?"


Diane didn't respond, looking out the car window as they approached the driveway.


"Come on, you already left us once, and the kids were devastated."


"Wayne, you think that's helping?"


"Look - just give me a few days."  Wayne pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine.  "If you still feel the same, we can go see a lawyer."


Diane walks inside, ignoring her husband's pleas, and walks up toward their room, grabbing for a suitcase.


"In a few days I'll have the handheld shrink ray finished.  I'm this close now Diane.  And I can make a presentation in front of my colleagues.  Just give me the time to wrap this up and we can talk about it again.


Diane looked at Wayne annoyed.  "Look - if I'm staying here, I dont want to see you for a few days.  I just need space."


And that was when Wayne had a perfect idea.  "That's it Diane, we can do that!"


"How?" she asked.  "Are you going to work on your shrink ray in the dollhouse in Amy's room?


Wayne nodded.  "I could couldn't I?  And it might help to keep a closer eye on our little girl now that she has a boyfriend."


"I don't know Wayne…" Diane said.  "I think Amy deserves her privacy."


"I can work it out with her, please give me the chance!"  Wayne got on his knees and groveled to his wife.  "Please I'm sure I can fix things if uou give me time.


Diane couldnt help but look down at her husband in annoyance.  What a pathetic man, she thought.  Being tiny would probably do him some good.


"Fine," Diane said.  "You have a week to work on your handheld shrink ray from Amy's room, and I don't want to see you until you're done."


"Thank you Diane, you won't regret this."


Diane guided Wayne up to the attic, and flipped on the machine that was still warm from the kids playing around with it.  She set the shrink ray to 4 inches and looked at her husband for a moment before activating the shrink ray.


Wayne felt the shrink ray hit him for the first time ever, and he felt like he had been instantly pulverized by the machine.  He hardly knew where he was after getting shot and he woke up on his back.  But thats when he saw his gigantic wife appear overhead and her fingers descent over him.


Diane heard Wayne make some squeaking noises, and then she wrapped her fingers around him and raise him up to her face.


"I'm serious Wayne," I dont want to see you until you've figured out the handheld shrink ray.  If you need something for your experiments, Nick and Amy can help you.


"Thank you Diane, thank you for giving me a chance to fix things," he said.  Diane, having already walked him into Amy's room, dropped Wayne on the balcony of the dollhouse and walked out of her daughter's room and shut the door closed.


Wayne shook his head.  "Well I guess this is home for a while, and I'll have my privacy.


"He walks over to the dollhouse bed and sits down, but noticed the mess of bed sheets and a musty scent.  "Has someone been in here?"  Wayne sniffs around at the covers and knows already that Russ and Amy have been fooling around in the dollhouse earlier.


"Hmm… I'll have to ask Amy to give me a change of bed sheets.  And maybe a paper and pen.  It's going to be a tough task to complete the portable shrink ray at this size.