- Text Size +

Gale force winds dragged at him as she moved away, light and laughter slamming down upon him.

‘Aww,’ she cooed, ‘were you scared, did you think I was going to sit on you? Did you think I was going to squish you under my butt?’

She let her words linger.

‘I could have done so so easily; I could have sat down and not felt a thing as your pointless little life went pop. You couldn’t even stop me could you?’

He tried to reply, futile though it was.

Faster than he could think, she moved.

Her hand fell from the heavens like a bolt of lighting, slapping onto the table top.

The force threw him into the air, the pressure wave bursting in his ears. He landed in a pile, his head spinning as mocking laughter filled the world.

‘Splat! You didn’t even move, I could have flattened you before you even knew it!’

She wasn’t wrong. He was in a pink valley, the flesh of her fingers rising up on either side of him. The depth of her fingers, her hand from knuckle to palm, was as tall as a commercial building; four floors at least.

The heat of her body radiated through him as surely as as her gaze cut like a laser.

‘You are powerless to stop me.’

Her whispered words rolled over him, her lips parted with fascination as her hand rose into the sky. Her thumb hovered above his head like a storm cloud.

‘I could just lower my thumb and you’d be dead, there would be nothing left of you. Nothing but a tiny stain against my skin, barely even visible.

Her thumbnail struck the tabletop with a crack like thunder. The gap between the tip her nail and her flesh was taller than he was.

Her eyes filled with evil intent as she moved her thumb back and forth, threatening to obliterate him at any moment.

Instinctively, he got to his knees, clasping his hands before him. He prayed to her, he begged for his life in her shadow.

Her smile widened.

‘Shit little guy, you’re actually praying to me? That’s crazy. Still, I guess I am like a god to you now aren’t I? I hold the power of life and death over you so it makes sense for you to worship me.’

Her thumb moved away, her hand curling to extend her finger towards him.

‘Let’s see if you can follow commands. Climb on.’

The tip of her fingernail was before him. She had painted her nails black, the width of it came up to his waist.

He hesitated for only a second, but a second too long.

Her face swept forwards, a strand of hair falling across her face as her expression darkened.

‘Did you hear me?’ she hissed.

Still choking back fear, he scrambled on to her fingernail.

The G force should have killed him.

His stomach flipped, his bones screaming as she was ripped into the sky to rest before her right eye. The pupil diluted to focus upon him. Such a simple reflex almost annihilated his sanity.

Her voice was louder here, a physical presence that rolled through the world and shook him to his core.

‘Shit, I really have never seen anything as tiny as you are.’

He could do nothing as she just looked at him, drinking in the tiny human that clung to her fingernail. Her smile widened as she watched him cry out to her, beg her for mercy.

‘You are so close to me,’ she purred, ‘and still so small I can’t hear you. Here, let me help.’

Her head tilted, cascades of hair each as thick as an industrial cable, swinging before him like a tidal wave. With her free hand she pushed them back behind her ear before tilting her head towards him.

Her ear was pierced five times, two rings, two studs and a pink plastic spacer.

‘Ok, now’s your chance, what do you want to tell me?’

His head still span from the ascent, his stomach churning.

He swallowed hard, this was his chance.

He said everything and anything. He begged her, her promised her, he pleaded to her to help him. He begged for his life, for mercy, for her to take him home, to his family, to his friends. She could have anything she wanted; he would do anything she wanted. Please, please, please he begged.

He clung to her skin as her hand moved, bringing him before her face.

She didn’t look impressed.

‘That’s it?’ she scoffed, ‘wah wah please help me please I’ll do anything? That really the best you’ve got? You didn’t think to, y’know, maybe apologise for always being a creep? For always staring at women and making them feel uncomfortable?’

A burst of apologies erupted from him as she lowered her hand.

‘Well, that was the last time you were going to get to talk to me and I guess you blew it. Sucks to be you.’

He was screaming again, begging, apologizing, sobbing and pleading as she crouched down, lowering him further and further.

The table rose behind him, barreling upwards as he descended towards the floor.

Her finger connected with the ground, the sound and impact shaking him. With the slightest twitch she threw him bodily from her digit letting him crash onto the floorboards.

He could only watch as she stood, the sight of her rising to her full height was like nothing he could comprehend. His mouth flapped as her hands rested on her hips, her eyebrow raised as she looked down at him.

He stood, moving like a zombie. Ahead of him, the toe of her boot dominated the landscape, a mountain of soft leather. He babbled to himself, lost and petrified, having no idea how to rationalize his new perspective.

He wasn’t even as tall as the treads on her boot.

The sight of it fixed his thoughts, dominating his consciousness and numbing him to all stimuli.

He sat silent, a brainless statue, immobile as her other boot lifted into the air.