- Text Size +

Her toe drove into the side of her boot, sending it crashing onto its side. The force of impact against the wooden floorboard sent a now all too familiar ripple coursing through your body. The mouth of it was drenched in shadows, the Dr Marten’s label the size of a shop sign.

A wave of warm air washed over you, carrying a scent that was both sour and saccharine.

‘Get in’, she commanded.

Her eyes were like nothing you could describe; molten sapphire, the flames of an ice cold star. A platinum curl tumbled down either side of them. Her freshly applied lipstick was blood red, her lips twisted into a knowing smirk.

There was no mercy in her expression.

‘Please,’ you begged, despite knowing how worthless the word was. You were the last of your group, the rest had already met their end.

She had showered, the water spiriting away the blood from the soles of her feet, the curve of her ass, the sides of her breasts, the inside of her thighs. If anyone remained alive they were in agony, burning in her stomach acid.

She had consumed so many.

The word bubbled stupidly across your lips as you repeated it, ‘please.’

‘Don’t beg. Just do.’

Her tone was commanding, her words like a physical force.

Despite yourself, you took a step forwards.

She uncrossed her legs, the foot that had bobbed so ominously above you slammed into the floor with enough force to almost knock you from your feet.

‘Crawl.’

A sob shook you as you sank to your knees. Your mind was blank, there was nothing you could do, there was no way to escape her.

Tears streamed down your cheeks as you looked up at her.

‘Please Goddess,’ Goddess, she liked that. It was a fitting description for a being of such beauty and undisputable power, ‘please, I’ll do anything, please.’

Her smirk twisted into a sneer. You disgusted her.

‘Are you a bug?’

A scream of raw terror burst from you as she stood, her hands on her hips. You had never seen anything like it before. She was colossal, unending, she filled the sky and towered into the heavens.

You recoiled, the sheer sight of her sending you sprawling on to your back.

‘I said, are you a bug?’

Light and shadow were ripped apart, the world being made and unmade as her foot lifted.

‘No, please, please, no!’ you babbled madly as her unstoppable sole cast you into darkness and painted the sky tan.

‘If you are a bug, I’ll crush you like a bug, do you understand?’

Her gaze froze you in place, you couldn’t have run even if you wanted to.

‘Is that what you want? Answer me!’

Her foot lowered a fraction, releasing another scream from your tiny, quivering form.

‘No, Goddess please, I’m not a bug, I’m not a bug!’

‘Then what are you? Are you a human, a person?’

Her foot settled onto the floorboards, joining its twin to dominate the landscape. Her toenails were painted the same red as her lips.

You didn’t understand the game but you couldn’t help but hope.

‘Yes Goddess, I’m a human being, I’m a person, I’m not a bug, I’m not a bug!’

For a moment, enraptured by the sight of her, you considered worshipping her. You thought to throw yourself before her, bowing low, kissing her divine toes and singing her praises as you had seen so many do before you.

You decided against it, not wanting to anger her by acting without her permission. All those that had worshipped her, by her command or not, had died. It was only on her whim that you were the last.

She bent forwards, those platinum coils swinging forwards.

‘Good,’ she purred, ‘I have no use for a bug. Bugs are brainless, bugs don’t know how to follow orders. Bugs get stepped on. Are you sure you’re human? Can you follow orders?’

‘Y-yes Goddess,’ you already knew what was coming.

‘Good because I don’t want to have a brainless bug in my boot. I don’t want to feel a bug between my toes when I leave here tonight. I want to feel a tiny, helpless human who is doing everything they can to survive.

I want to feel a person with hopes and dream and a family, I want to feel them cling to me, scream for me, beg me. I want them to be afraid, to see their death with every footstep.

I want a human life to hang in the balance while I dance and drink and party with my friends. Maybe I won’t even feel it when you finally die, when you slip beneath my toes, beneath the ball of my foot and are crushed into nothing.

I hope I do though, I hope I notice the moment you pop, the moment your sad little human life comes to an end beneath my foot. I hope you scream and beg and cry right up to the last moments, helpless and trapped in my boot.

I hope you hear me and my friends laughing as you die.’

Her smile was a million miles wide.

‘Now get in my boot.’