- Text Size +

"Ok, you're all set". Rachel announced, spinning around in her rolling chair to the patient seated on the examination bench next to her. "Nothing out of the ordinary, you can hop on down."

"Thanks, Doctor." The patient said, plopping down onto the ground and staring directly into her seated physicians's piercing eyes. "I know it's been awhile since I had a check up."

"Not too long. That's perfectly normal, unless you're worried about something." Rachel replied, jotting some parting information down on her form.

"No, not really." The patient said. "Just seems like a lot has... changed."

Rachel stood up as she spoke, watching her eye line creep up away from her patient's. The patient now stared directly at Rachel's chest, her breasts bursting out of her tight, long-sleeve top. She could sense the woman's confusion, her awe. "Yes, I see what you mean. Sometimes women go through... unexpected changes. And that's why it's important to have your annuals."

Rachel placed her hand on the patient's shoulder, delicately leading her out of the examination room. The woman stared up at her doctor's smiling face, wondering what mystery she held behind that knowing grin.

"Well, whatever vitamins you're taking, maybe add it to my scrip." she joked. Rachel laughed back.

"I promise you, it's just a me thing." Rachel opened the door of the hallway and guided the woman out of the wing. She stopped, suddenly as the woman nearly crashed into a person heading in the opposite direction. A big person.

"Oh, so sorry. Didn't see you down there." Jessica wheezed, breathlessly. The patient stared up at this new giant, now from bellybutton height. 

"Totally my fault." she mouthed, in shock.

"Dr. Reyes, what are you doing in this corner of the hospital?" Rachel asked, suspicious.

"So you two know each other?" The patient added, slyly.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. We'll see you next year." Rachel smiled, shoving the woman out into the lobby.

Jessica stepped into the doorway, brushing past Rachel with a smile. Patients watched as the two large women strode back into the examination rooms. Rachel hurried to catch up with her old friend down the hall. There weren't a lot of people whose stride she had to work to keep up with. "What's the big rush?" she asked.

Jessica walked to the very last exam room, waited for Rachel to join her inside, and slammed the door. "I'm really close." she announced.

"It's a small room. Sorry." Rachel replied, squeezing in past her gigantic friend.

"No, jesus. I mean I think I've figured out how to replicate the antidote."

"Oh!" Rachel gasped. "Thank... that's good." She stared up at Jessica's 7'5" stature from her own 6'8". For the last couple months, she'd become accustomed to the stares. It took a minute to get used to being tall, but the adjustment seemed easier for being VERY tall. Jon had been surprised to see her go from his own height to seven inches above it. But he grew accustomed, even fond of staring at her neck, watching her lean down to kiss him. And that confidence spread to her. Rachel's being became used to this height, she had almost entirely forgot about Jessica's desire to find a cure. And now here she was, big as life, supposedly bearing answers.

"I'm sure it's been difficult being 7 and a half feet. I've actually kind of enjoyed-"

"It had its perks, but I'm over it." Jessica snapped, already rifling through documents in her bag. 'I'd be very happy to rejoin the 6 foot club within the week if I could just..."

Rachel thought about her friends. When she met Rose and Julie for a drink last week, she was staring at Julie's chest. Julie had promised her she was still just shy of eight feet, but that meant all 3 of them were now starting their height with a 7. Rose was having a blast, of course, staring over the crowd with a laugh. But she seemed strangely reserved. Rachel got the feeling she was stumbling into the aftermath of a fight that had not fully resolved. And when they had told her they were no longer speaking to Jessica, without explanation, that made her even more concerned.

"Have you told the other two?" Rachel attempted.

Jessica glared down at her, eyes like firecrackers. "They'll know soon enough."

Rachel felt her heart slide down her chest with those icy words. It must have been some fight, and she didn't feel comfortable further poking this very large bear.

"I just need a few more answers to make it all make sense. I came here to ask you about that stranger."

"Oh, the dark and mysterious one." Rachel replied.

"Right, the one who hands out strange liquids to women in bars."

"And research wings." Rachel added.

"That's what I'm after. Can you tell me where exactly you saw him? I doubt he's still around, but maybe people in the wing saw him. Maybe even knew him." Jessica said, hopefully.

"Yeah, it was the second floor from the top. Pharmacology. The place was a ghost town, though. The hospital's not really funding that-"

"Perfect. You want to come with?" Jessica asked, already half way out the door.

"I have some more patients today, if you want to wait..." Rachel tried.

"I've done enough waiting. I'll let you know what I find." Jessica turned, then stopped. She spun around and pulled Rachel into a hug. Rachel felt her soft, woolen sweater against her face. She felt small. "I'm going to fix this for us." Jessica whispered. And with that, she was gone.


Rachel wandered out into the break room. She had lied. She didn't have any more appointments for another 4 hours. She just didn't feel like going back on the hunt for the bizarre. She had grown used to herself. And now the adventure was starting again. Again. But what bothered her even more was this new feeling. She had felt the same thing at the bar, staring up at her two best friends. So much of her new life was looking down at people. She had begun to enjoy the latent authority it gave her. So much of her career meant proving herself in a field dominated by big personalities. Now she was able to fill her personality into a much bigger frame. It felt right. Natural. So maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to not only stay that way, but have a little more.

She snapped out of her stupor and stared down at her hands. Lost in thought, she'd gone into the locker room and pulled a canister out of her bag. She stared, full of confusion, at her pack of powder. She hadn't used nearly any of it since Jessica gave it to her. Her little demonstration the day it arrived had been enough for her. And yet, here she was, clutching it in her hands.

"Sneaking a snack before lunch?" came a voice behind her. Rachel jumped, hiding her hands behind her back as she turned to see Jon smiling up at her.

"You scared the shit out of me." she sighed.

"I didn't mean to." Jon laughed. "It's not exactly hard to sneak up on you from down here."

Rachel smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm still on for lunch. This is just..."

She pulled the canister out from behind her. "The powder?" Jon asked. "Feeling... inadequate?"

"No. Well, I guess... yes." Rachel admitted.

'Hey, if I was you and I had that stuff, I would have taken another dip weeks ago." Jon laughed.

"So you wouldn't mind?" Rachel asked.

"How much are we talking here?"

"Just a little... Just to get to... seven feet."

Jon stared at her, pondering. He put his hand on her shoulder and brought her down into a deeper kiss. "Honey, get as big as you want."

Rachel smiled, unscrewing the canister. She pulled her scooper out from the tin, getting powder on her hands as she did. Jon handed her a bottle of water from his own locker. It would do. She carefully dropped 4 scoops into the tiny top, watching as more fell onto her fingers. "Easier than it looks." she joked, feeling Jon's eyes on her.

Finally, she screwed the cap back on and gave it a swirl. They watched as the powder mixed with the water, turning into a beige beverage. Rachel unscrewed it and began to chug. Jon watched as his tall girlfriend downed the nearly full bottle in half a dozen gulps. "Thirsty?"

"Insatiable." Rachel sighed as she finished. She saw a eager look in Jon's eyes as she looked down at him. She felt her sex grow warm at the start of her growth. Something in her wanted more. She licked the fine layer of powder from her fingers sensually, staring directly at Jon as she did. Her mouth wrapped around each finger, sucking them clean delicately, precisely. Jon breathed as he watched.

She brought him into her embrace, wrapping her long arms around him as she felt her head start to rise. Jon felt her body expand around him. He heard the seams of her clothes whine as her flesh grew beneath them. She moaned as she felt her body swell upward, her eyes creeping toward the ceiling. Jon watched as her neck slid further away as his own head began to push further out. He looked down and saw as Rachel's breasts came to eye level with him. He nestled closer against them, feeling them bulge further out of her now impossibly tight top. He kissed them between the fabric and heard a happy little moan above his head. "I think that did it." Rachel cooed.

Jon stepped away and stared up at her fully. Rachel could tell the top of his head only came up to her shoulders now. She was massive. "I may have overdone it with the powder." she admitted.

"There's a scale near the showers." Jon helped. He walked her over to the measuring equipment in the far corner of the locker room. He helped her up onto the scale, and drew up the measuring stick, trying his best to get his hand above her head. She helped him with the last bit, smiling down at his attempt.

"Seven foot two." He breathed.

Rachel gasped. "And you're ok with this?" 

"Are you ok with this?" Jon replied.

"Still the shortest of my friends." Rachel said flatly.

"Insatiable." Jon laughed. Rachel laughed with him, stepping off the scale and bringing him into another kiss. She was now over a foot taller than him, and the adjustment was showing as she lifted him awkwardly to meet her lips. They tiptoed down toward a row of thankfully-empty cots. Jon set her down on one, lying on top of her huge frame as he kissed her neck. She moaned happily, feeling her bra unhook as she slid it down out of her shirt. She felt Jon's member press against her own sex through their jeans. They would have to be quick. Any moment someone could come in and ruin everything.

"Dr. Morris?"

Like now. Rachel rolled her eyes, and tapped Jon on the shoulder to signal him to get up. The fun was over. "One second!"

Rachel stepped out of the back of the locker room to find a nurse waiting for her. "I was just resting my eyes a moment."

The nurse looked up at Dr. Morris. She had been aware to her unusual growth spurt, but something seemed different. Her pant legs were up above her ankles, and the hastily adorned white coat was not hiding the fact that her shirt was inappropriately small. Nonetheless, she kept her opinion to herself.

"We have someone who just came into the E.R. with some odd symptoms. The charge nurse saw you were free at the moment, and someone recalled you had met with someone similar not too long ago."

Rachel cocked her head. Could it be Julie or Rose? No, they wouldn't go to the E.R. for something they knew far too much about. "I'll follow you."


Rachel stepped into an exam room of the E.R., watching her head in the doorframe as she did. The patient sitting on the bench was stunned at the sight of her, and then Rachel noticed a hint of annoyance. "How can I help you today, Miss...?"

"My name is Wendy and I just have a cold." the patient replied, stuffed up.

"Well, I can't say that constitutes an emergency, but I can give you some antibiotics if it's been more than a couple weeks."

"No, that's not it." Wendy spat. "It's a normal cold. There's just... something else."

Rachel sat down on the chair opposite her, ready to listen.

"I was feeling a little off today. Can't really explain it, but my boyfriend is a hypochondriac and I made the mistake of saying something to him, so he brought me here."

"Can you describe this... off feeling?" Rachel asked.

"Well I think it all makes sense now. Just that the sense it makes doesn't make sense to me."

Rachel cocked her head again.

Wendy sighed. "They did my vitals when I came in. And they measured me at 5'8". I've been 5'5" my entire adult life. Now that seems a little too much to be a rounding error to me."

Rachel felt her heart sink. She had told Rose she was no longer helping with her altruistic expeditions. But she knew Rose had always been up front with her clients. This woman seemed to have been a victim without her knowledge. That would bear discussion with her 7 foot friends. For now, at the very least, she could try to identify something in Wendy to commit to paper. Maybe this could even help Jessica after all.

"I can run a few tests. See if it's something you... ingested." Rachel gulped. She pulled a tongue depressor out from a jar on the shelf above her. She didn't even have to stand to grab it. Wendy noticed.

"You know, I'm a little weirded out that they send the giant doctor to come talk to me about this." she spat.

Rachel laughed. That explained the attitude. "How do you think I feel?"

"I'm not gonna wind up like you, am I?"

"No, no. My thing is... completely different." Rachel lied. "Can you open your mouth and say 'ah' for me?"

Wendy obliged, and Rachel looked into her mouth. Some swelling, nothing too out of the ordinary. "I souuy. I ha ta..." Wendy tried to say before she sneezed loudly and fully in Rachel's face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Wendy shouted. "I tried to... That's so rude."

"It's alright." Rachel sighed, washing her face with a sanitizing wipe. "Believe me, I've had worse. In this very room." Rachel stood, collecting herself.

Wendy stood up to offer whatever help she could. She stared up at Rachel, her eyes below her bust line. Wendy felt a bit more awe than she did from her seated position. It was kicking in how impressive this woman was, and she wasn't entirely against whatever was now happening to her to continue happening just a bit longer.

"I want to run a few more tests. If you'd step with me into the-" Rachel stopped. She felt something strange surge within her. Then she watched Wendy shrink next to her suddenly and rapidly. Wendy gasped as she watched Rachel's head nearly touch the ceiling.

"What the hell is going on!" she cried.

Rachel breathed heavy, trying not to hyperventilate. "If you'll excuse me for one minute. I'll get a nurse to help you." Rachel crouched under the doorframe, skittering down the hall on her now much-longer legs.

Patients and staffed watched as she hustled past them, her head well above anyone's she came in contact with. Rachel tried to think. It couldn't have been the powder. There was no way. She had been warned about the inhalation, too. So she had been careful not to breathe the canister as she scooped from it. It had to be something with this patient. Something about her cold was interacting with the powder still in her system. Unless...

The cold had already come in contact with the powder. Something had mutated, and they were now dealing with a viral version of the compound. And it had come in contact with her now, right after mainlining the compound. It must be acting as an accelerant. Rachel cringed as she felt her body squeeze against her tight white coat. She felt the top of her head graze along the ceiling tiles as she hustled toward the elevator. She had to make it to the research wing. She had to find Jessica. She had to make it stop.

"Oh my god, Rachel?" Jon gasped as he stepped out of the operating wing. Rachel gasped back as she nearly collided with him.

Her breath became shallow as she stared down at the love of her life. His head was barely above her elbow. "What's going on?" he asked innocently.

"It's just... unexpected side effects. I've got it under controoo-" she moaned as she felt her body jolt upward. Jon was now at hip height. She was nearly nine feet tall. "I'll see you at lunch!"

She stormed past him, rushing toward the open elevator. Another doctor held it open for her as his eyes grew wider with her every step. This was no optical illusion. She squeezed herself in next to him. He stared up, concerned, as he heard the elevator creak under her weight.

"I'll get the next one." he muttered sheepishly as he stepped off.

Rachel nodded understandingly as she ducked her head down to see the staff of the hospital stare at her as the door closed. Jon was among them, trying his best to hide his shock. Rachel smiled at them all and gave a shrug.

The doors closed and the elevator shot up toward the research wing. Rachel felt the back of her shirt rip in half as she sighed with relief. She felt a sudden comfort in the fact that Jon had removed her bra beforehand. She winced as her flesh dug into her slacks. With a nod, she slipped carefully down into a seated position and ripped the slacks off. There was no more room for modesty, as even now she felt her body continue to grow. She pulled the coat around her expanded chest, making a bikini of sorts as she wrapped the tatters of her long sleeves around her hips like a loincloth.

Finally, after an eternity, the elevator dinged. She crawled out on her hands and knees into the hallway. It was empty. As the elevator closed behind her, she stood to what she could manage as her full height. Her shoulders now lay flat against the ceiling as she ducked down the hall.

"Jessica!" she called, trying her best to hide her desperation. She winced again as she felt another spasm shoot her up. The top of her spine now dragged against the ceiling. "Jessica!"

"In here, Rach!" came a voice down the hall. Jessica sighed, hustling toward the voice with as much speed as she felt safe to exert.

She walked toward an open door and squeezed herself through. Luckily, the room itself was quite larger than the hall, allowing her to stand up straight. The comfort of that was dashed by the fact that Rachel's eyes were now several inches above the top of a line of tall bookcases.

"I knew you couldn't resist." came Jessica's voice again. Rachel looked around, spotting the top of Jessica's head several rows down. She made her way toward her as Jessica continued. "The place is mostly empty. But I found one guy to talk to. He wasn't our man, but he remembered him. Said he did some research here and there over the years. Left some papers in here for me to look through, and let me tell you, it's already dynamite."

Rachel finally made it to Jessica, her head fully in a book, completely unaware of her friend's new presence. Rachel sighed. Jessica's 7'5" high head was at tit height. This was terrible news.

"Nothing on the antidote yet, but I'm starting to get an idea of how to find this guy. Which is probably even better than trying to replicate it ourselves. Get ready, Rachel. I'm about to be 6 foot again, just... like..." Jessica had finally pulled her face away from her reading to stare directly into Rachel's white-coat-covered chest.

"So we have a new wrinkle." Rachel sighed. Jessica stared up at her. She had to be over 2 feet taller than her. "You said you can find this guy?"

"What happened to..." she breathed.

"There are a lot of variables to it. I can explain on the way. The important thing is, I think it's finally stopped."

The white coat snapped in half as Rachel shot up further into the air. Jessica yelped as if she'd been struck as she watched Rachel rise up another foot in an instant.

Rachel felt her breath grow shallow as she let the day finally hit her. She stared down at Jessica from her 11'2" height. 

"I'd like to have a word with that stranger now."