- Text Size +

    The sound of drunks, barkers calling to those who had yet to be in such an inebriated state, and the babble of sin unseen through most of Tokyo, both big and small, battled and clashed for volume superiority.

    But none of it mattered to the plum dressed, hair of hay lass sitting politely at her small fabric covered card table. Before her sat that which would decide the fate of those she read… if she was given the chance to read anyone. 

    For a woman who ‘knew’ the fates, her own were not very good. The day had been hot, long, and void of any foolish costumer looking for the simple ease of hearing someone else dictate their life. 

    It was a quick flash of annoyance, but still one that burned in her amethyst eyes as she kept glancing down at the small ‘insects’ scrambling before her. Happy couples in unhappy relationships, teens looking for trouble they weren’t ready for, and plenty of hostesses who would never be seen again.

    All Chihaya could do was let out a sigh, letting her body hunch over slowly, even just getting slightly closer to where the ‘bugs’ of humanity walked was enough to give them even more detail to her observing peer.

    She remembered how life in her old village was, where people were people, and tinies were treated like the mites they were. That was however, until that damn redevelopment team came and slowly started opening gash stations for those of challenged size, and occasionally housing.

    Sooner rather than later, the laws that had yet kissed the murderous virgin lips of so many country dwellers finally made its invasion play. Many of the younger folk returned from Tokyo with their tiny lovers or friends, and when Chihaya had made short work of the invasive species, she had been labeled something she had never been before: a monster.

    So now there she sat, a glimmering bead of sweat that challenged even her finest of faulty ‘magical’ gems and crystals making its way down from her forehead, all the way to her healthy chest.

    “Dang heat, that’s another thing those little vermints don’t have to worry about…” Chihaya hissed under her breath, glaring at a well dressed ant and his lady of the night clinging to his arm, the two of them humorously chuckling at the down on her luck big.

    She had half a thought to squash them right there, but figured it would be more amusing for one of the uncaring teenage brats giving their all to their mobile device to unknowingly wipe both the grins, and their lives away.

 

    “U-Uh excuse me… you read fortunes right?” Came the squeaking call of a costumer, Chihaya’s ears perking up, before her spirit fell down to where those she despised walked. Standing there before her were four doll like specks.

    “Oh, yeah, I suppose I do. You little… ladies want me to read yer future?” Chihaya caught herself a bit later than she had hoped, but not late enough to screw up any prospects of getting paid.

    “Yes indeed we are mam, in fact, we all wish to have the same fortune read for all of us.” Chihaya shifted her poor PR glance over to the newly joined voice. She was fluffy, like a little brown and pink cotton ball, who, much like the other trio around her, contrasted with her friends.

    Each of them were clearly students, Chihaya often got girls this age coming to her asking for the most trivial of things. Things like if they would live a long life at their size, or if they would find love, or somehow strike rich. 

Well, she could tell them straight up ‘no’ to the first answer, that the relationship between her hungering stomach and the tiny would be one sided, and that the only thing they would be rich in is hopefully flavor and filling.

    But Chihaya was taken back from her thoughts, at the little beady eyes from the minute creatures. The toned one had been the one to ask the question, obviously nervous, and for once Chihaya didn’t blame the small being. 

The blond was grinning an obnoxious grin that the bigger blond had to think twice about quite literally wiping off. She had already ‘read’ the fluffy mutton, and then there was the bespeckled, pathetically scrawny twig of neon.

    “Alright, what is on yer mind?” Chihaya sat up straight, giving herself a little stretch before placing her hands on her cards. The fact that the big was willing to read the often short futures of bugs earned a round of excited clapping, and a scoff.

    “Come on girls, did you seriously drag me away from my games just to have some scam artist take our money?” Futaba groaned, rolling her eyes as the other girls turned to her. Chihaya raised both her brow, and her lip, starting to snarl.

    “Futaba-chan! That’s not very nice of you to say! This fine lady right here comes highly recommended!” Haru gasped, covering her mouth as Futaba let her head fall back in frustration, giving her booted feet a small, annoyed kick.

    “Awe, you don’t believe in the magic of ‘seeing’ little one? Don’t worry, I’ll read yer’s first. Why, I’ll read it free of charge!” Chihaya cut in, earning her the undivided attention of the fun sized audience.

    “Ooo! Lucky!” Ann shot, as Chihaya cleared her throat, and began to shuffle the cards. There was no true magic or energy wasted, Chihaya already knew what awaited the morsels before her, as her stomach called out like the spirits of fortune.

    “I see… I see… goodness, I see a dark space… one that is moist, and warm. Deary, did you bathe today?” Chihaya feigned surprise as she looked at Futaba, who looked back up in total validation at her previous comment.

    “Um, no, I didn’t. Why would I? I wasn’t even planning to leave the house, until these three-” But Futaba was silenced, as the only noise to escape her bratty lips was a wheezing gasp. Chihaya had been the best at ‘buggy’ catching back home, always nabbing the fastest runners, and here with stand still prey, it was a joke.

    “Perfect, because I like my meat with a bit of salt.” Chihaya snickered, her accent cutting into the laugh like a killers blade. Futaba’s eyes were already wide, but upon hearing the voracious comment, were buggier than they had ever been.

    Chihaya’s coarse, well worked fingers pressed harshly into the skinny ants stomach and back, bending Futaba’ in ways she never knew she could, or would ever want to. Coughing, her face slowly went red, close to Ann’s letterman jacket, as her eyes filled with tears.

    None of the other girls could even say a word as they watched their friend be lifted up into the air, and brought closer and closer to the open maw of fate. Futaba was already the weakest member of the group, and her spine practically being shattered didn’t help. Every breath was quicker, more stressed than the last, and all she wished for was to be let go of.

    Chihaya complied as if she had read Futaba’s mind. As she brought her fingers back, before bringing them forward, letting off the pressure on her soon to be snack, as Futaba’s limp form vanished into the awaiting dry mouth of the gargantuan ‘gypsy’.

    “F-FUTABA-” But Ann’s cry of anguish and worry was cute short, just as her young, otaku friends life was, as a loud, wet crunching brought back the silence. Then another, and another, the popping, gravel tearing of flesh and snapping of weak bone didn’t stop until it simply sounded like the giant woman was gumming her lips.

    “Huh, you know, you tinies were so much more… fresh tasting back home… probably all that junk ya’ll eat…” Chihaya said with a disappointed sigh, after gulping down the mushed remains of once living girl.

Scrunching her right eye, Chihaya carefully rubbed the tip of her tongue against the molars that had claimed Futaba’s life, letting out a mumbled ‘ah’ as she felt what she was ‘digging’ for. Puckering up her lips, she swished and wadded the excavated pulp, and then spat.

Makoto was the only one not to let out a blood curdling scream as the gore painted, spit covered, and torn up military jacket splattered down at their feet, and all over them, the warm saliva quickly cooling.

“I-I-I’m calling the police!” Makoto stammered, the only thought on her mind being the thought of her normal sized sister coming to save her. It was the last as well, well, technically not, as the pain that coursed through her body as fingernail connected with her instantly liquified flesh was truly the last thing Makoto Niijima ever experienced.

“Ah, see, she tasted more like home cookin’...” Chihaya suckled on her index finger for only a moment, before swallowing the mystified remains of the little snitch. Ann had fallen to her feet, her makeup running down her face as she sobbed, Haru trembled like a doe in headlights.

“Shoot, it’s closing time… alright, listen up, which of you girls got the better rear?” Chihaya eyed both of the traumatized tinies, who simply looked at her. Chihaya clicked her tongue, and Ann raised her hand.

“Alright, then that means you get to ride in the back of this here ‘pick up truck’ hehe. I don’t want you ruining my pockets with any of your nasty snot or nothin’, and I figure the best place for a ‘mud’ smear in the face of actual people, is down in back.” Chihaya snatched Ann up, quickly glancing around, before snaking her hand up her dress, and depositing the struggling second year down into her well curved country tush.

“Ahhh, gotta be careful, gals used to joke about that being the ‘gas chamber’ back home, and I can’t have muh fun little toy being all melty until yer in the right place. As for you… ya know? I like you.” Chihaya had long since picked up the chittering, shivering lone survivor, her finger ‘gently’ patting her head.

“Honestly, I can’t believe I’d ever say such a thing about a pest, but… the fates tell me you’ll bring me good fortune.” Chihaya had no idea how right she technically was with that last utterance, as Haru was sent screaming into the, relative safety of Chihaya’s cleavage.

With a final sigh, Chihaya cleaned up her table and shoved it behind the bike racks for the evening. As she sauntered her way past the bar, the sound of crunched, shoe staining drunk was never heard as the country gal slowly hummed ‘Country Road’. 

“This land, was made for those who are big.” Well, a rendition her town preferred, as, for once in a long while, Chihaya was looking forward to going back and spending some not-so alone time in her quiet city shack.